[Current Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Looks like YW and MR clicked at once.

''I'am busy today, so give me your number''...:lol:

Smart girl. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

I wonder will CM reincarnation appear, isn't the firefly CS see is him? I also believe he is not evil, hopefully there is another plot twist that even MW didn't know. Why they stop telling the past story in the halfway such a cliffhanger

I'm with you regarding CM being the firefly. I don't think he moved on just like MW. Let's not forget the tree is originally made from MW sword that she eventually killed with CM. I originally thought that the tree was YW but unfortunately, it's not him. That leaves us with CM only. I hope there is a twist as well regarding CM betrayal. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Not sure if there is already a preview translation posted, but here is another one for the preview for ep 11.

CS: When you can’t see someone when you want to see them, it must be really hard.
MW: You. It’s because you’re weak that I’m letting it go.
MW: You must have seen the flowers blooming, so why aren’t you saying anything?
SB: You have to go before President Jang goes, so let’s all beware. (think he’s speaking about the flowers on the tree)
HJ: It’s so pretty now, why do they have to wilt. So sadly.
SH: The reason flowers bloom is so that they can wilt.

2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Chan must be the reincarnation, there is no other way...

I keep thinking that also, but his face is changed when the other lives kept their same face.

2 hours ago, aria26 said:

Man Wol and Yeon Woo might have been best buds, but it was a thousand years ago, they are nothing to each other now.

I'm not sure I entirely agree. MW clearly remembered him since her personal time has been frozen for a thousand years, even though she chooses to walk away with him rather than try to re-engage. However, YW stares at MW as if seeing her, there was a spark of recognition in him about her. So, while YW has lived his life without MW in this lifetime, it seems as if their paths are going to cross.

So, perhaps the lesson is more that fates will enable souls to cross each other in multiple lifetimes, even if one doesn't always recognize each other or are as close as they were in other lifetimes? I think the Hong Sisters really like to play with the concepts of fate and meeting according to fate.

However, with each reincarnation, each soul seems to choose their actions in that lifetime, so that they don't necessarily make the same choices. One has free will in each lifetime, rather than be stuck in the same role over and over.

Like how MR says that she feels that she has to back off CS once she sees that the other woman is MW, saying that she feels that MW is not someone that MR should act like that towards. Somewhere in her soul is an echo of the harm that MR has done MW in the past and that she doesn't want to repeat.

As for MR and YW getting together in this lifetime, even though she was responsible for his death in a previous lifetime. It could happen, and MR could be extra sweet to YW in this lifetime perhaps as atonement for the previous lifetime. Just speculating, since it's really up to the writers to determine where the story goes and what messages if any to put in the story. :)

• Like 13
  • Love 3

Hotel Del Luna ep 10 ratings

10.009% nationwide

11.779% metropolitan area

Double digits!! So proud of them and they must be in a lot of pressure now because of the expectations. Hwaiting to the team! 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@lu09 , @vangsweetie637 & @sadthe1st

From star to enemy in a second :mrgreen:

Hide contents

ROFL:joy::mrgreen:. It was even funnier that she believed he would recommend anyone when she already stated he is always stuck in the bar lol:mrgreen:. She instantly regretted not sending him to the afterlife :joy:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

48 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure if there is already a preview translation posted, but here is another one for the preview for ep 11.

I'm not sure I entirely agree. MW clearly remembered him since her personal time has been frozen for a thousand years, even though she chooses to walk away with him rather than try to re-engage. However, YW stares at MW as if seeing her, there was a spark of recognition in him about her. So, while YW has lived his life without MW in this lifetime, it seems as if their paths are going to cross.

So, perhaps the lesson is more that fates will enable souls to cross each other in multiple lifetimes, even if one doesn't always recognize each other or are as close as they were in other lifetimes? I think the Hong Sisters really like to play with the concepts of fate and meeting according to fate.

However, with each reincarnation, each soul seems to choose their actions in that lifetime, so that they don't necessarily make the same choices. One has free will in each lifetime, rather than be stuck in the same role over and over.

Like how MR says that she feels that she has to back off CS once she sees that the other woman is MW, saying that she feels that MW is not someone that MR should act like that towards. Somewhere in her soul is an echo of the harm that MR has done MW in the past and that she doesn't want to repeat.

As for MR and YW getting together in this lifetime, even though she was responsible for his death in a previous lifetime. It could happen, and MR could be extra sweet to YW in this lifetime perhaps as atonement for the previous lifetime. Just speculating, since it's really up to the writers to determine where the story goes and what messages if any to put in the story. :)

Good post. My read is the same as yours re MR and YW.

I still think part of Yeon Woo's spirit is tied to Man Wol. A blogger at bitchesoverdramas said Yeon Woo's spirit not Captain's is the firefly, and it's a possibility. 

When Yeon Woo sees MW, he stops in his tracks.  It's not attraction, it's recognition.  Probably a very strong deja vu feeling with emotions attached.

Ma Go tells him he is doomed to bachelorhood, lovelessness, loneliness unless he takes that heart pen.  What if it's been the same in each of his reincarnated lives because part of his heart or spirit has remained with MW.

Also, to digress because of the book "Existence and Time": is it possible that the three ghost employees continued to exist in the real world but part of their essence became the ghosts at the Hotel?

Perhaps because of a contract?  People are always making contracts with Death or the devil.  Man Wol as a death entity made a contract with CS's dad.

This is all in my head, but perhaps our bellhop, with that killing blow in his chest, returned home to die, but his sister loved him so much she signed away her eyes and part of his soul to keep him alive.  That's why there's a real guy, who is his physically older self, but also a ghost - always physically young because time stopped - contractually obliged to serve the Hotel until his sister dies?

And something like this happened with Yeon Woo, who gets reincarnated but part of his spirit or soul is contractually obliged through promise or love to remain with Man Wol?

And maybe with the other employees too.  Contracts?

Every time the bellboy remembers his past, the song My Grandfather's Clock plays.  This is a song about existence and time stopping simultaneously (mirrored in the book title), and we've also got MW and her tree, for whom they more or less stopped too.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 7

Spoiler

5d50b276dc4c7438137749.gif?download

5d50b1b5eb4b6709529472.gif?download

5d50b199e9683418043537.gif?download

5d50b17ce4ca2951166487.gif?download

:joy::mrgreen: , @lu09 she should help him marry the rich girl , the two thing she race & run for is her favourite eater & money :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

im going to park my butt nicely on my sofa and watch ep9&10 after getting a nice cuppa :grimace: i love how IU is so consistent with her expression and reaction when the cash register Ka-Ching $$$ ! :joy: the painting.. the sunflower field.. now the book which possibly has money!! LOL

wilted flowers comes with new budding fruits which also symbolises new life. i hope thats what the MaGo #1 has for MW.. :cookie: (no caviar.. just chocolate chip cookie)

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

She never followed a role or cared about guest 

:yum::joy:

5d50bb5d12c3a955956399.gif?download

5d50bb3960e0f324576061.gif?download

output_oSR2dC.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

28 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

im going to park my butt nicely on my sofa and watch ep9&10 after getting a nice cuppa :grimace: i love how IU is so consistent with her expression and reaction when the cash register Ka-Ching $$$ ! :joy: the painting.. the sunflower field.. now the book which possibly has money!! LOL

wilted flowers comes with new budding fruits which also symbolises new life. i hope thats what the MaGo #1 has for MW.. :cookie: (no caviar.. just chocolate chip cookie)

same here, what i can detect for her interest about money and to smell the chance to get money is amManwolzing:joy:

And i know Kim Sunbi is annoying Man but his short witted and a little cowardly intention is fits with quirks witcked JMW personality :P

Btw

These hilarious...

Spoiler

Stills  couldn't get it where's the firefly positions in MW memory the atonement? The one who's should killed again and against over Millions years?

The sworn enemies who's made MW life forever...

Can't waiting how the Writers tied up their love, betrayals and punishment in a class closure.

HDL hwaiting

• LOL 11

Had a thought! Maybe firefly remained as a spirit as penance?

He hasn't reincarnated for the last 1000 years as well. Until MW forgives him.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

@Ameera Ali i love how proud our Bartender is every time MW snarls at him. He is always smiling and thinking he did a good thing by matchmaking CS! :joy:

4 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Had a thought! Maybe firefly remained as a spirit as penance?

He hasn't reincarnated for the last 1000 years as well. Until MW forgives him.

This is my thoughts exactly. Otherwise who can be that firefly shadow we saw in ep 9? From the outline of the shadow, it looked like it had long hair like the captain lol. Just a hunch. But i am thinking perhaps the only one who did not reincarnate is CM. He is a wandering ghost. MW’s vengefulness has not subsided. So maybe tt is why he has not shown up as a ghost or person yet.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

who knows.. CM soul could have been the sword inside the tree.. always there with MW but unable to show himself until flowers wither.. that would be even greater pain for him as a punishment isn’t it.. she who would not forgive herself, is unable to see the man who needs her forgiveness.. they are bound by the promise at the lake.

editing to add an IG pic.. haha remember the bus dancing ghosts?? lol :lol: hahaha wished i could have been one of them too! no dialogue just pure mad dancing!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

Another sweet thing about the hug is the fact that CS may have been the only one who hugged her since her 1000 years of being stuck at the hotel. As we have stated here, CS and MW need each other’s love and nurture :wub: CS whose mother didn’t want him and MW who has been alone for 1000 years. This hug was much more needed than a kiss (I believe we will have one when the time is right ;) )

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Hide contents

:joy::mrgreen: , @lu09 she should help him marry the rich girl , the two thing she race & run for is her favourite eater & money :joy:

Especially MONEY lol:mrgreen::joy:. CS now knows what to say to get her working Imao:sweat_smile:. Look at the speed she moved lol:mrgreen:

The problem with marrying him off is that she knows she won't get a single cent from him:sweat_smile:so that is not even an option lol:joy:

• LOL 11

Ooooh interesting theories friends. Since you've said that maybe CM hasn't been able to move on and stayed as a ghost who hasn't reincarnated, what if that's because he has unfinished business? All the other ghosts who go to HDL have unfinished business. So does CM. What if CM regrets not having loved MW enough and because he's greedy, he tied MW to the tree and her time can't flow not until she finds someone who will love and protect her in the way that CM wasn't able to? Only then will CM be able to move on and let MW go and have her time freely flow, but it is also up to MW to forgive him so the 4th Mago won't take her. She just simply needs to forgive. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

this would be unpopular, but I've just been rewatching the yeon woo - mira scenes, they make me so giddy. i'm bursting with shipping them, I just need to let it off my chest.

this show just needs so many spin offs. I don't think I have ever even talked about yuna and bell boy, but I love them to bits as well

and chan seung - sulli - sanchez interaction was so cute too. too many things happen in every episode, I can't process everything haha

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Hi guys, the drama is already on its half way to end. I hope its not too late to join the thread :). Been a fan of IU since marshmallow days but I've only seen glimpse of her acting and this show and My Ajhussi was the only show of hers that I actually finished and yes...I'm loving both of her characters. 

It's my first drama with YJG and I'm falling for him hahaha. 

Anyways, ROFL at the scene when MW said her outfit is not good to read books since its important when she post a pic in her social media HAHAHAHA XD she's really living right now and enjoying posting in her IG. What a great marketing hehehe.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2