[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

6 hours ago, Ondine said:

A lot of comments on the Dramabeans recap are about how IU and the guard captain have chemistry whereas IU and YJG don't. I'm with the Dramas with a Side of Kimchi recappers---I like IU and YJG's chemistry. I think it has become more evident in the latest pair of episodes, and it feels like they've both grown into the characters that little bit more compared to the first two eps. 

I think I understand why some people like the chemistry bw IU and the Captain, IU is one of those people who has great chemistry with her co-stars. When she and the Captain have a scene, I can definitely feel the chemistry, but when she and YJG are together as well, they also have chemistry that I actually forget about the Captain. I still prefer too her chemistry with YJG.

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I haven’t seen him in Absolute BF so I don’t know how he fared there but he was riveting in Crowned Clown. 

Agree! He was phenomenal in TCC, and I admit it was my first time watching him in that drama. Tho I know he's a child actor just like Kim So Hyun, Kim Yoo Jung, to name a few. And he is sooo good. He'll go far.

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Give the lad a break, he is just 21 years old, (i just checked and was surprised! I knew he was young but not that young) and going to make a romance drama with one of the popular actresses around written by popular writers. Expectations are high... 

Yes, I know he's also young but I can't believe he's just 21 as well..ha ha...I had to check myself. I feel like he's already done so many dramas that sometimes I still don't believe his age :D

@uglypearl ... thanks for sharing the meaning of the cards, I was waiting someone would mention about the significance of those :).

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I have watched YJG before. In fact I have rewatched one of his previous drama before over 20 times.

A good drama expericne encompasses all factors. If one thing strikes a discordant note it takes you out from the moment. From immersing yourself into that mood. Dramas are supposed to make you switched off the real life and BE in your drama world. 

@nrllee I am inclined to lean towards being told by the writer or director to act that way. In which case Korean Netizens comments may or may not influence future scenes. Since Kdramas have a tendency to have male leads with opposite traits from the females. It's just that JMW is perfectly JMW and then we have the naive awkward male lead who technically survives studying in Harvard which has 2 study pathways. But like most MBA requires professional work experiencess. The official drama character description does not have his age but I presume he is in his late 20s?

I happen to like JMW's dressing style. And I like the ensemble or supporting cast a lot. But a drama has to have directing skills, transition cuts, good writing, strong cast with good solid acting skills, lighting and mood lighting, good OSTs and co-ord with solid fashion styling.

Therefore when one thingc is jarring it makes it obvious when someone is out of synch euth the rest. 

Either way it's Wed. I have 6 episode of Perfume to catch up on plus www tonight. Hotel De Luna can wait till next week.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

Wish Directornim gives viewers a beautiful  Sword fighting dance skills between MW and the Captain B)(remind me crouching Tiger hidden Dragon's B))

The fighting scenes is addictive, the choreography the camera angles a masterful interpretation in the movement with such priceless expression..wow..Lee Jieun aesthetic mastering the swords skills amazin

when i read this, the white wolf dance by Song Joon Ki n Kim Ji Won in Arthdal Chronicles immediately came into my mind :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

After watching HDL for xx times Suddenly humming this song , just thinking the song described MW past story well:)

Spoiler

:sweatingbullets:

Who's the naive one...The Captain? YW or MW?

Who's the cruel one..CM? YW? MW?

One i knew  who's forever waiting :cry:

IMG-20190721-035948.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hello Everyone! I'm new to this forum and this is my first time posting but I'm enjoying the drama too much to not post and share my opinion with all of you :D.

@Ondine @lightbringer06 I agree with your opinions 100%, I like IU chemistry with the captain, but I believe, besides this being the awesome IU and her charm to have chemistry with anyone, that it also has to do with the current situation in regards of MW punishment. I like to call this *lack of chemistry* with CS , plot development. We know MW is being punished for something she did in the past, and the fact she was in love with the captain has something big to do with it, though we still don't know why. This is being shown to us quickly and very early, hence why I believe the chemistry with the captain has been obvious for this reason since the start. MW in the past was also different, feelings wise, more open, more trusting, and so on.

With CS things are different, up until not long ago he wanted nothing to do with MW and Hotel Del Luna. It wasn't until he started dreaming of her that he grew more curious and something awakened within him and compelled him to stay (I believe he has fallen but he still won't admit it). MW in the present has been in denial for over a thousand years, has grown to be angry, sad, bitter, and basically closed off to anything related to love. To me it wouldn't be logical for her to suddenly show the same feelings towards CS as she did with the captain. But IT IS happening, slowly with every chapter, this last one, chapter number 4 was huge on this regard. We've started to see a little bit more of MW defenses cracking, and CS growing more confident on his work at HDL and being around her, it is, after all as I said before, developing. And the chemistry between IU and Yeo Jin Goo is reflecting this as well, and so far, I'm loving it. 

Sorry for the long post, and I hope all of you have an excellent day and a short wait until the next episode!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@TJ Starcandy

Annyeong, chingu. Apologies for the belated reply. I was caught up as usual in work. Thank you, btw, for your kind words. It made my heart stout. But guess what---I also enjoyed reading your percipient post. :)

I admire your unique take on the case of Chan-seung. Reincarnation is indeed a tired trope and I wouldn't mind either if his character was written anew and very much apart from the Goryeo captain. I'm still conflicted after having seen the vignette in the latest episode wherein Chan-seung instinctively took the hand of a still sleepy grumpy Man-wol with eye mask on which somehow impels me to believe that he is indeed the Goryeo captain. 

On the one hand, I also would like to wishfully think that Chan-seung is not the Goryeo captain because it would be a nice prospect to see Man-wol in a lovely process of transmogrification as you so wonderfully set forth in the second to the last paragraph of your post. Besides, the powerful mythical being Mago may have only conjured those ancient memories within him because as per her words, she simply creates a moment or an opportunity.

I also second your final astute point. If I may bring up the psychic field of cartomancy once again, the ace of clubs of which Chan-seung epitomises has a connection to authority and business or material wealth of which Man-wol consequently epitomises as the queen of diamonds. Furthermore, it also signifies that the ace of clubs is a romantic who believes in the idea of a soulmate---who is none other than his queen of diamonds, Man-wol. 

The latest episode was full of feels. It was interesting to note that Man-wol with the sleep mask on is exactly like the blind lady ghost at the bakery. Like the latter who felt her heart thumping as the baker held or guided her hand on the bread, and so was Man-wol's heart also thumping as Chan-seung held her hand while writing her name. That sudden kiss or should I say - the brushing of their lips, was a deliciously hair-raising treat, it compensated for that horrific cabinet spirit. Hopefully, we get to see some intense lip action in the forthcoming episodes.

Kidding aside, kommawo chingu for your lovely reply. Kommawo as well to fellow HDL fans. I'm grateful to you all for your interesting insights and cute posts on this thread. It's making my viewing very worthwhile and enjoyable. I hope Saturday comes fast because I can't wait to see how the hot-headed Man-wol deals with jealousy. LOL! Even if HDL is uploaded around midnight in my neck of the woods, I don't mind at all because it's been a long time I've felt this glad and giddy when watching a K-drama. :wub: The lovely ballads accompanying each and every episode are also o perfect. They fit the intricate emotional terrain of our lovey-dovey couple. HDL is truly fascinating and fun. The Hong Sisters skillfully blended horror, romance, fantasy, and humour.

Happy Watching to all! Advance Happy Weekend! See you!  :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I also do not feel any chemistry with the captain, if anything, I am scared of him. feels like someone who won't do any good.

The reason Man Wol is sure that Chan Sung is not him is because she can feel the goodness and Chan Sung's heart.

and can song seung heon finally be casted in a hong sisters drama, please

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@YGotti Hi, and welcome, chingu! :D 

Very true, I also think it's all about the characters. It's this ambiguity, mystery of the relationship between MW and the Captain that captivates the viewers, as I, for one, was kinda drawn into it for a moment. But I always like slow, build-up romance so I am leaning towards MW and CS more. The chemistry I felt for the former is something that's undeniable but then slowly fades away. As for the latter, you don't actually feel it right from the get-go but you're sort of drawn to it as you go by, unnoticeable.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I need food and coffee trucks too lol. I always find it amazing and heartwarming that Korean actors/actresses receive these kinds of things because it really is helpful when filming is hard and exhausting. And here I am at work, thinking:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I think this weekend's episodes will be VERY interesting! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :w00t:

Spoiler

Zla1c25.jpg

TK3Ybmu.jpg

Me:

6zm5U25.gif

If they do really get married or JMW secretly wears a marriage hanbok to stop KCS's wedding with that ghost bride then... :D

D76kXJu.gif

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Is anyone having trouble warming up to the story? I took a longer break between episode 2 and episode 3-4 because I was relating the story to Western fairytales. Hotel Del Luna definitely has its own originality and specialty. The parallel storytelling between the Goryero period complements the present day scenes which currently have this mysterious and fragmented aspect.

There are moments when I feel like Chan Seong and Man Weol are forced together. There's this unusual and unnatural banter which I personally think it's too early in the game. I do enjoy the chemistry between IU and Yeo Jin Goo particularly when there are the tree scenes. The fantastical aura of the tree brings them together. And sometimes the moon surrounds them. I think there's this deep spiritual meaning behind the lunar forces. I just got into tarot cards and astrology. Lunar forces help center the person whereas the tiger is a deep spiritual animal, too. Let me know if any of you know more about these topics! It would help me appreciate the story telling a little bit more. 

Side Note: The OST songs are killin' it especially when they are featuring my favorite singers: Taeyeon and 10cm. Is Heize singing one of the songs? I think I heard her voice in ep 4.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Cynical expression to told you

Something happened for a reasonB)

Sometimes life is helluva thing.you can sense a trouble coming and you can't do a damn thing to prevent it coming.

HDL gives a viewers so many possibility to found the deep meaning of each episodes to whom who's pay attention.

Great job Writernim

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2