[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

After watching episode 11, all i have to say: Episode 12 better truly be legendary especially with that kiss. 

I cried too much in this episode especially with Sanchez and Veronica. I know that some may feel we didn’t get much from their relationship however i was so saddened by it. These kind of things where people you love pass away so quickly does happen. And at times like that, it is heartbreaking to see. The ost made it even sadder for me.

But what is even more sad is MW and CS. These two makes my heart flutter and then break, too. :bawling: when CS says that it will be hard for him when he misses the moon but cannot see it! Omg! :bawling: Please don’t break my heart!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I think the CG is starting to get sloppy. 

Like one of us here point out about how the moon overlap the window, I also realize when they show the full shot of the hotel when CS brought Sanchez to the hotel, the moon doesn't look like it was on the sky, but looks like floating and rotating around the hotel, at the hotel's roof level. Well, thinking positively, maybe because each time they show the full shot of the hotel was by recycling the same shot shown in the first episode, I guess there are some difficulties to add in the moon due to the shot angle is limited for them to make it hang above the sky, and eventually it looks like 3D moon circling the hotel when broadcast on screen. 

Even though it's only the moon which seems like just a small part of the CG, but because the focus of the episode was total lunar eclipse, viewers would pay more attention to the moon and found in plain sight such error in CG. This makes me worry on the quality for the rest of the episode. My disappointment with the CG for the dragon in Hwayugi still remains. I hope the CG team could maintain the quality toward the end of the series. More so when the filming schedule is getting tighter which might cause them to rush things out. 

Regarding why the 4th Mago is dead set to get MW is because MW was supposed to be vanished by her long time ago because she was already a dead person who has a lot of grudge and have very high potential to harm human if she stays long in the world.  Although I may be the only person here to have changed my believe that MW was already dead when she found 1st Mago, I am not forcing anyone to believe as such too. It is just that, when I treat MW as another ghost too, but most powerful, fierce and spiteful among them (maybe with the addition of special ability bestowed to her by 1st Mago to deal with the ghosts), who have been the owner of the hotel for 1300 years, it answers a lot of questions for me. Just like the trio who have been there for 500 years, 200 years and 70 years.. with the difference that they remain to work at the hotel that long because of their unfinished business that keep them from going to afterlife, while MW was bound to the tree and to search for her own redemption. None of the people or plants in the hotel are alive, except GCS.  There were others too who might have worked there for 5, 10 years, but they resolved their grudge a lot quicker than the trio, so they went on (just like the scene when they move the hotel where one of the employee decided to get on the bus). MW is the only one that had the grudge in the longest time, and she never figure out anything from her time comforting the ghost because of her cynical view of the dead. Only when CS came in and his pure caring heart that took the story of the ghost attentively that MW start to learn things she never realize before. 

Back to 4th Mago,  for her, when you are dead, you have only 2 paths, either accepting death and get on the limousine or bus to the afterlife to reincarnate right away with no lingering feeling or complain (like the 102 years old granny and grandpa with dog), or remains in the world as a spirit with grudge which she would chase after and sent to underworld right away. That's why 4th Mago is complaining as to why 1st Mago letting an evil spirit like MW (from her perspective) to manage the inn. There is no concept of rest area for her. However, 1st Mago had different perspective. She want as many dead people to be comforted, be it small regrets or big grudge like room 13 ghost, and proceed to their afterlife to be reincarnated as possible and thus created the Guesthouse of the Moon for the dead people to gather and be comforted to let go of their grudge. MW happened to search for it and mentioned that she want to give her life to take responsibility for those people who get killed for her and killed by her (while only to realize later that she had already a spirit full of grudge). Since MW herself find the place intentionally to pay for her sin, 1st Mago made her responsible for every ghost that has unfinished business and comfort their grudge, with the addition that the hotel itself is MW fence and safe haven from fulfilling her own grudge by harming human (if she happened to encounter reincarnation of CM or SH). 1st Mago must have intentionally tied her to the tree and thus the hotel until she figure out the meaning of letting go of her grudge.. through learning from the story of the ghost she served at the hotel. 

But for 1300 years, 1st Mago sees no improvement to the tree which represent MW herself. Even with all the human manager in the past, I guess nobody dare to cross the line MW drawn to them. So, 1st Mago might have seen something pure in kid CS to be the person who will move MW heart and draw the good part in her that had been buried deep inside. MW who have never cared about being reincarnated, or getting entangle in fate or whatsoever about life cycle, had started to form bonding here and there through CS. She started to have friend like Sanchez, she crossed path with her past enemy and family, and she started to love someone. 

By gaining something, we will start to fear of losing it. Thus, CS has now become MW's biggest fear. By being in fear, we might act irrationally for the sake of that person. Therefore, CS could be the medicine, could also be the poison. As to which path they would take, they need to open up to each other and affirm each other's belief and find the compromising way. I don't need noble idiocy here or another abandonment. :confused:

However, I don't understand as to why CS must pay for the price in "unfair and unreasonable" way.

Is it because it is unreasonable for him to give his love to MW because MW is not a human to begin with?

Then, why did the 1st Mago opened the path to let CS in in the first place anyway? 

Pheww,, gotta end my rambling in abrupt. See you guys tonight!

Am very much anticipating for the legendary episode tonight! I hope we will get the answers to most of the questions that still remain. 

Can't wait for the release of Done for Me in few hours! :w00t:

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I cried too much in this episode especially with Sanchez and Veronica.

me too...

20 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

But what is even more sad is MW and CS. These two makes my heart flutter and then break, too

i felt the same... MW and CS = a beautiful sad love story

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Awww looking at that IG post up there, i can see the beautiful sad love of ManChan! 

At this point, I believe firefly is Captain. I also believe he is lingering around because there was a huge misunderstanding between him and MW which led to death and a deep grudge. What exactly happened? We have yet to find out.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@Ellander88 I also agree with you that I think MW died before meeting the 1st Mago back in episode 1 too. Thus, 1st Mago bought CS in to take care of MW and send her off. I think the price CS has to pay is that he won’t be able to have a happy ending love with MW. Precisely according to 1st Mago’s plan but yet he is the one that gets the short stick since Mago gets what see wants, MW able to move on and CS is stuck. Oh I hope they don’t make him forget everything with that medicine. That would be a terrible ending. 

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Oh I hope they don’t make him forget everything with that medicine. That would be a terrible ending. 

i agree...That would be a terrible ending...he should at least remember her,their moments together...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, andy78 said:

he should at least remember her,their moments together...

Do Not Fear.. There Is The Social Media!! (whoa i made it rhymes!) they all have IG so the memories can be revived browsing through what they have posted!!! B)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Oh I hope they don’t make him forget everything with that medicine. That would be a terrible ending. 

Ughh.. that medicine is still a bother though. 

I am so curious how are they gonna use that medicine, whether to wrap things nicely or to completely ruin the story.

The only thing hopeful for that medicine is that, it only erase the ability to see ghost and the hotel, it does not erase the memories about MW and what happened in the hotel, which is why the old lady manager still remembers the hotel, MW and the event occurred in the past.

I just hope for the best and the medicine be used wisely. :sweatingbullets:

It's a drama that has been written for quite some time already.

I think previously Hong Sisters wrote the plot and subplot with 60 minutes time frame for each episode, which is the usual length of an episode in most stations. But, since tvN got the right to broadcast and they allocate 70-75 minutes per episode for their drama, so, I think some additional scenes were added accordingly to fit the episode length. Some of us may find those scenes unnecessary, but for me Hong Sisters have tried their best to link the meaning beyond those subplots to the main plot / characters, for instance, the change in MW's expressions when she sees or looks at the scene happened. Plus, they even addressed societal issues in the plot and some tribute to some important figures and cultural history. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, lollyminx said:

To be honest, there's a lot of this in the series. Missed opportunity to build the romance. Missed opportunity for comic relief. Missed opportunity to strengthen the plot/narratives. Eeeeeh... but whatever though. Let's just enjoy the remaining episodes. :wub:

To be fair, a lot of that can also be said for most shows. I think a show without missteps is exceedingly rare. :) I agree though, in hoping that at least the ending should make sense and feel earned. I can be okay even with a "sad" or open ending if so. One ending I won't agree with is Man Wol ending up with Smirkalot though. :vicx::lol:

Oh no, Man Wol's gone all lovestruck and moony (hehe) on her Insta! She's actually gotten worse! And I wished that Dark Mago x Man Wol post into existence. It was my doing, muhahahah! B)

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Yep, i was hoping CS gave MW a few neck messages when she complained of being tired and having neck pain... but alas, CS didnt... maybe both actors are still shy. 

YJG's cheesy line of eating IU's earings have both of them laughing their heads off... but im sure both are still not that comfortable with skinship hence less touchy touchy :)

I think the director's decision is involved as well, not just the actors' personal comfort or preference. It's a collaboration with the actors, but ultimately he calls the shots. :)

• Like 7
  • Love 2

It's hard to feel sad for Veronica's death because we only know her in this episode. If she was developed throughout the series then maybe I could of felt the impact of Sanchez's loss. She just feels like a ghost of the week. I think that's the problem with most of the characters in this series.  

BTW, can anyone tell me what song they played at the end credits for Episode 11? It sounds like IU's singing voice. I feel like it's the best song in the soundtrack. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

trans by papago:
Finally, Hotel Deluna ost part12
Punch - Done for me, music site release!
Let's go listen to Del luna's official extinct song right now.
-------------------------------

at first i thought she was singing come for me!! lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 3