Is there a German in Canada here? I'm looking for a tutor and a friend.

bearstevenlee

4 hours ago, mouse007 said:

wwwwhhhyyyy??? Here we are waiting for promised abs and now we’re getting nada?! 

Oh good, you understand it :);) Could I foresee how things developed here in the thread? Sometimes talking isn't the best idea.

How will we recommend you to potential mrs Ds if we have no proof of what lies under the shirt? 

Treat it like the bible. No one has proof, but it's written somewhere so maybe it's true. 

And if she wants to find out the truth, well.....time to capture, claim and defend.....me! I'm the prefect treasure! 

“He claims there will be abs for you but we have no proof so..”

Well, go with the important stuff. My personality, my outstanding sense of humor. My FANTASTIC taste in music and most importantly: My modesty. 

Do I have to tell YOU that from all people? Sigh, sigh.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Oh good, you understand it :);) Could I foresee how things developed here in the thread? Sometimes talking isn't the best idea.

Treat it like the bible. No one has proof, but it's written somewhere so maybe it's true. 

And if she wants to find out the truth, well.....time to capture, claim and defend.....me! I'm the prefect treasure! 

Well, go with the important stuff. My personality, my outstanding sense of humor. My FANTASTIC taste in music and most importantly: My modesty. 

Do I have to tell YOU that from all people? Sigh, sigh.....

@Dhakra all this wit and no mrs. D yet to enjoy all of it? Unbelievable. It’s practically an insult to humanity. Tsk tsk tsk

and I’m totally upset with Mr. Steven Lee for starting this whole thread which led to us eventually losing the prospect of seeing German abs. Way to go buddy. <_<

@triplem hahaha! This is what Soompi is! We all crazy in here.. crazy fun!! 

6 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I vomit for almost 5 weeks now.. perhaps a German abs can improve my health.. kwkwwkwkkwwkkwkwkwwkwkwkkwwkkwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :joy:

Hear, hear @Dhakra!!!

Remember sharing is caring...:glasses: 

Beside I am agree completely with @angelangie, we need a PROOF as in a PIC to know whether you got a German abs or German beer belly or even a German. You have been boasting non stop in our HQ thread about your gym activity, 190 plus height, yadaaa yadaaa blah blah blah...but after promised to ME to show it after a year, now you said never....pfffftttt!!!! 

@triplem

We didn’t completely hijack this thread bcoz it still within the topic. 

German as in person, checked....

German as in language, checked...

German as in Tutor, checked... @Dhakra did a tutorial before too

The only thing that slightly out of topic is the gender which is no biggie....:joy:

What the hell is happening here. :D 

12 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@Dhakraall this wit and no mrs. D yet to enjoy all of it? Unbelievable. It’s practically an insult to humanity. Tsk tsk tsk

and I’m totally upset with Mr. Steven Lee for starting this whole thread which led to us eventually losing the prospect of seeing German abs. Way to go buddy. <_<

See!? That's what I have been saying for ALL THESE YEARS! :bawling:

11 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahaha.....i nvr seen u so it kinda hard to judge right? :D 

True. ^_^

10 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I vomit for almost 5 weeks now.. perhaps a German abs can improve my health.. kwkwwkwkkwwkkwkwkwwkwkwkkwwkkwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :joy:

Not in a million years. No german abs for you. ;) 

7 hours ago, cenching said:

Hear, hear @Dhakra!!!

Remember sharing is caring...:glasses: 

Beside I am agree completely with @angelangie, we need a PROOF as in a PIC to know whether you got a German abs or German beer belly or even a German. You have been boasting non stop in our HQ thread about your gym activity, 190 plus height, yadaaa yadaaa blah blah blah...but after promised to ME to show it after a year, now you said never....pfffftttt!!!! 

Yeah....but in this case......no. :D You can doubt it MOM. 

I never boasted, you assumed it. Yeah, back then I promised, but now with all the talk, I refuse. ;) I know a lot more now and based on that, I decided  I will continue to hide them until one glorious girl will unwrap them first and get to see them. 

Told you I need some time to shape them into perfection. 
See, in german we have a word by making things worse the more you talk about it. We call it "verschlimmbessern". Making something worse, while trying to make it better. 

See, first german lesson. 

6 hours ago, sushilicious said:

+2

Classical baby sis. 

@cenching we are going to have to change our strategy here to get @Dhakra to change his mind again. Worse comes to worst, we'll have to befriend Mrs. D and ask her to take pics for us (because that's not creepy at all right? :ph34r:)

German sounds difficult to learn by the way. 

"Verschlimmbessern" "verschlimmbessern" "verschlimmbessern" I would never remember this word.

@mouse007

We will see what can we do to get that abs expose....<_< We will retreat and regroup....

German isn’t difficult for us to learn because we pronounce our alphabets the same way....German assigns gender to the nouns...I had German class during my Senior High day but all I can remember now is Ich liebe dich....:joy:

@mouse007 You can't befriend someone who doesn't exist. ^_^

"Verschlimmbessern" is a combination of two words. "verschlimmern" (to make sth. worse) and "verbessern" (to improve). So basically making something worse by trying to improve it.

And yep, it's a pain. Everyone I taught so far was at one point at the edge of giving up.  

@cenching^_^Interesting. I'm looking forward what you come up with. 

Yep, that's true. Each of our nouns (singular) is either female, male or neutral. Plural always uses the article of female, but actually isn't female. 

Well three of the most important words in german.

@cenching @sushilicious Scandal? Why scandal? Hey you began it and you ended it. <_< Sigh..... It's not even next year yet. 

@cenching so is it like French then where there's gender in nouns? Tagalog doesn't have gender at all in nouns, pronouns or verbs. I find French difficult to learn as well. I tried but I found it difficult to pronounce the words as I find it to be somewhat nasal. 

I think German might actually be easier to pronounce but the tricky part would be remembering the words. 

@mouse007 French is easier than german, but pronouncing would be probably easier because most of the time, you speak our words like you write them. No surprises when pronouncing. 

Our nouns gender is determined by the article that is in front. In English it's always "the". In german we split "the" up in three differenct articles, "der" (male), "die" (female) and "das" (neutral)

Remembering the words is one issue, but we have so many rules, so many different times, so many stuff that changes a word. 

Or like Mark Twain once said:  "I never knew before what eternity was made for. It is to give some of us a chance to learn German."

But @Sejabin why do we want to see German chest? Lol it’s the abs that are important!!

6 hours ago, Dhakra said:

@mouse007 French is easier than german, but pronouncing would be probably easier because most of the time, you speak our words like you write them. No surprises when pronouncing. 

Our nouns gender is determined by the article that is in front. In English it's always "the". In german we split "the" up in three differenct articles, "der" (male), "die" (female) and "das" (neutral)

Remembering the words is one issue, but we have so many rules, so many different times, so many stuff that changes a word. 

Or like Mark Twain once said:  "I never knew before what eternity was made for. It is to give some of us a chance to learn German."

@Dhakra huh. For some reason I don’t find French easy to learn. I think Korean would be easier. Lol 

but yes, I agree German would be easier to pronounce because they are pronounced pretty much the way they are spelled. Tagalog is the same way. If I teach you how to properly pronounce the vowels, you’ll be able to read Tagalog even if you don’t understand it. 

I never knew your articles changed depending on the gender. Very interesting. So when Volkswagen says “das auto” that means it’s neutral. 

So are the articles the equivalent of a pronoun in English? Examples please!

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

But @Sejabin why do we want to see German chest? Lol it’s the abs that are important!!

@Dhakra huh. For some reason I don’t find French easy to learn. I think Korean would be easier. Lol 

but yes, I agree German would be easier to pronounce because they are pronounced pretty much the way they are spelled. Tagalog is the same way. If I teach you how to properly pronounce the vowels, you’ll be able to read Tagalog even if you don’t understand it. 

I never knew your articles changed depending on the gender. Very interesting. So when Volkswagen says “das auto” that means it’s neutral. 

So are the articles the equivalent of a pronoun in English? Examples please!

Sorry but I had to reply to this, since you've become one of my new followers. First, French is my mother tongue, secondly German is my first foreign language. "Der, die, das" correspond to the definite article in English "The". The articles in German are not just different based on the gender, they are also different based on the cases. In German, they have 4 cases: nominative, accusative, genitive and dative. Now, you must wonder what is all this. Let me give you an example: der Vogel (masculine) --> the bird

I see the bird--> the bird is here accusative because it is an object. So the definitive article for that case  is "den" (masculine, accusative) Ich sehe den Vogel.

The bird is pretty (nominative = subject) : Der Vogel ist schön.

I give food to the bird (indirect object) : Ich gebe dem Vogel Essen.

The head of the bird (genitive = translated in English with of/ 's) : Der Kopf des Vogels 

As you can see, in order to speak German, not only you need to learn the gender but also be able to recognize the case in the sentence so that you can use the correct article. Since I had to learn German myself as a foreign language, I can also add that, what most German don't know about their own language, is the difficulty of the plural forms. Unlike in English and French, where the plural form is quite simple with some exceptions, in German there is no real rule. In fact, you have to learn by heart for every word the plural form.

Der Vogel --> die Vögel

Der Wald --> die Wälder

die Frau --> die Frauen etc...

now, your next question could be: why so complicated with the cases? Well, it is quite simple... In languages where there are no cases, the position of the words in the sentence determines their function (Subject- verb- object...). In German and other languages with cases, the position becomes irrelevant. This means that you can say the same thing differently in German. Let me give you an example: Today, I see a bird in the sky / I see a bird in the sky today.

1. Ich sehe heute einen Vogel im Himmel
  2. Einen Vogel sehe ich heute im Himmel
  3. Heute sehe ich einen Vogel im Himmel.
  4. Im Himmel sehe ich heute einen Vogel.

As you can see, it gives more freedom in the way you speak. Actually, German is a very creative and precise language. You can create new words and people will always understand what you say. That's why a lot of words come from German: "earworm"; "doppelgänger"; "gemütlichkeit"... 

Archived