Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

@nrllee

Can you please translate the preview too if you have time??? Thank you...:) Btw, can I safely say that KHS's Boss seems to be a cohort of TaeSang??

• Love 4

18 minutes ago, cenching said:

Btw, can I safely say that KHS's Boss seems to be a cohort of TaeSang??

Looks like it.

Okay. Let me go look now regarding Preview.

Preview 

YJ - that’s not the truth.  This is all not true. 
(she’s led away by police)

SH - I hope you will just stop minding someone else’s business.

(YJ in jail cell)

(SH giving YJ piggyback in rapids)

YJ - I will pursue it right to the end. And make sure justice is served. 
(SH looks at document - Name list of deaths in Miryeong) 

SH - what is this? What’s in the Forest?

(SH and another man)

voiceover - it’s been planned right from the start

(YJ looking at some document)

YJ - what is this?

YJ asking SH - Did you hide this? (Keep this from me)

SH - Can’t you just look at me? 
YJ - If I am against this, can you let go of your work?

(SH wheels his luggage away from house)

Voiceover as SH looks sad

ED - we’ve already issued a warning to KSH. Let’s move forward with our plan. Let’s eat (deal with) the dog (??) - I think they mean deal with him because he used the analogy of the dog (SH) and biting the owner from an episode before.  Can’t be sure.

SH gets hit with brick by CC’s dad

• Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Muchas gracias @nrllee, finally in the last 3 episodes I can see something substantial...:P I hope they won't end tonight episode in a cliffhanger...<_<

• Like 3
  • Love 1

“Forest” Sees Rise In Ratings + Keeps Top Place Among Wednesday Night Dramas

Mar 12, 2020
by C. Hong
5035d2f325c5454f90a08e4cda726267.jpeg?s=

KBS’s “Forest” continues to do well at the top of the Wednesday night drama time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 11 episode of “Forest” recorded average nationwide viewership ratings of 4.2 and 4.7 percent. This is a slight increase (1.1 percent) from last week‘s ratings of 3.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387767wpp/forest-sees-rise-ratings-keeps-top-place-wednesday-night-dramas

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@nonski @cenching

I can put up with a lot of unrealistic scenarios and even a higgledy piggledy storyline but I think the most bitter pill that I've had to swallow for this drama has been how unlikeable the character of KSH has been until recently. Some here have called him a villain (I used the word "caricature") but I think the biggest problem for me is that he's so all over the place emotionally and personality wise that he's largely unrelatable. It's the way he is written and what the writer wants to do with the character. It's in part to do with the fact that he's wears multiple hats, we don't know if he's coming or going and his sincerity is called into question repeatedly with no real underlying depth to his motivations. In the hands of a better writer I think, KSH could be a far more interesting and sympathetic antihero. PHJ has played antiheroes before... superbly I might add... but this show with its often use of clumsy humour just doesn't do the character justice.

The show took too long to get to where it is now with regards to KSH. Even a show like 9.5 billion Woman with all its myriads of sins gave the audience a well-rounded but highly flawed central character.

Maybe the writer originally planned to write KSH character as an antihero but it came out as villain instead because it’s hard to called him an antihero when he said himself that he is above the law and his subordinates need to find any loophole in the law in order to achieve the goals...:crazy: Those so called loopholes were bribing, blackmailing, you name it. 

With that characteristic of his, IF he doesn’t have a special connection with The Forest and didn’t meets YJ in that Forest, I would say he isn’t any different with Taesung people. 

This drama throw us every single thing under the sky, including kitchen sink like you said. I will add that this coming episodes, they are throwing us toilet bowl...:sweatingbullets:  I am started to feel overwhelming, anyway it’s almost the finale...

• Love 4

Great acting of PHJ and Choi Jung Mok in today's episode! Finally, all(?) secret is revealed. 

only 2 episodes left:(

• Like 3

So the little girl who died in the forest fire was KSH's younger sister.....:bawling:

• Sad 4

Yeay ~~~ tq @beyaruth

Can sleep peacefully tonite. 

Will wait for @nonski recap.

Its been so long since I watch live streaming. Too tired after a long day in the office.nitey

• Like 1
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, an-naum said:

Yeay ~~~ tq @beyaruth

Can sleep peacefully tonite. 

Will wait for @nonski recap.

Its been so long since I watch live streaming. Too tired after a long day in the office.nitey

You're welcome. :wub:

We also hope for @nrllee  recaps. :love:

Stay safe & healthy, everyone!

• Like 3

Ep 27

Police station. YJ explains that the attending doctor told her that he managed to get the authorization from the old man’s guardian to move him.  Policeman says the doctor refuted her statement. Turns out doctor was told to lie to YJ by ED.  SH arrives and asks what’s happening, he says he’s YJ’s guardian(?).  SH tries to explain on her behalf that the patient needed urgent treatment and she had every right as a doctor to move him.  He moves to take her away. Another policeman steps in to stop them.  He sits her back down and says she’s guilty of manslaughter because she injected the patient with something before the transfer. YJ protests she did no such thing.  Policeman says the hospital staff confirmed it. SH look suspicious. 
——

SH alone in outside and makes a call.  He says the police are acting suspicious.  YJ still be interrogated and shown a bag with syringe and vials (of the stuff she was supposed to have injected).  Policeman claims she mistakenly injected the wrong drug into the old man causing his death. YJ says it’s all not true.  SH (still on the phone) asks Sec to find out what the deal is with the police fabricating evidence. YJ is taken away but not before SH returns, holds her hands and assures her not to worry and that he will sort things out.

——

SH driving. On speaker phone with Sec. He says YJ is in prison now because of her investigation into the environmental contamination. He wants Sec to hurry up and find the details out.  He says to spare no expense to get to the bottom of it.  SH heads back to where he fell into the dirty water.  Only to find that it’s all covered up now, no more muddy water.  Flashback to when he rolled down into the muddy ditch. He climbs out and finds the digger gone.
——

CEO and SH’s boss sign documents. Deal is made. SH’s boss has signed off the land title to CEO?  They shake on the deal. 
——

At house. Sec and SH looking at pics of the muddy ditch now filled in with dirt. SH has a container with red water (sample of that area?) and asks for it to be tested. Sec says it takes a week for results to come back. SH says they need the results faster or YJ will end up in the Courts by that time. Sec recounts how Taesong seems to have taken over even their hideout.  Thankfully since the loss of the safe incident, all the important documents had been moved to the house. Sec says he didn’t expect to be backstabbed by their boss. SH asks Sec to go back to the company. Sec refuses and says he wants revenge.  He feels badly that even YJ got dragged into this mess.  They start to look into Taesong documents from the past.  SH looks through YJ’s stuff and finds name list of all the patient deaths in Miryeong and also patient files with the skin lesions. 
——

SH visiting YJ in prison. YJ says she doesn’t know why the staff lied about the situation. SH’s promises he will get her out by day’s end. YJ says she’s not worried, she’s pretending she’s staying at a motel.  She’s trying to stay positive. 
——

YJ is led out and allowed to make a call. She rings Dr Park to explain her predicament.  She tells Dr Park to find the ahjumma (the one with the painful knee)!who she suspected of having been poisoned and start treatment. 
——

SH meets someone at his office. SH shows him the pictures of the muddy ditch. He asks what Taesong did in the past secretly. He said the man was given a big grant by Taesong for his experiment and wants to know what it was. The man says it’s got nothing to do with him and asks SH to leave or he’ll call security. SH shows him pics of the Villagers skin lesions and cancers and subsequent deaths. SH accuses him of murder. The man looks uncomfortable.  Man tells SH what happened.  The technical terms are confusing here. My Chinese doesn’t go that far. Whatever method they used for original government funded projects wasn’t environmentally friendly?  They buried the “waste” products from the process?  He provides data for SH to further analyze. Sec and SH at home analyze the new data. Taesong has been trying to hide this for years. Even 25 years ago. 
——

Sec shows up at bar where ED is drinking. He reveals what they have uncovered. He says it will all come to light in the 8pm media

coverage?  ED is furious. ED in car looks through documents about the whole Taesong cover up. SH has signed it?  He is guaranteeing his silence on the matter? (I guess so as to free YJ?)

——

Police station. YJ is freed. She is surprised as policeman said everyone has agreed to her version of events now. SH is there to meet her. She asks if he looks so sad/worried because of her and he says yes. They head home.

——

At home. YJ is suspicious and says the old man’s condition did not warrant a sudden turn for the worse (cardiac arrest)!so rapidly. SH says it was just bad luck. She is unconvinced.  She wonders why the staff version of events differed so markedly from hers.  She is hellbent on digging up more about the poisonings. SH is trying to get her to stay out of it.  YJ is unmoved. She says it’s her responsibility to get to the bottom of it. SH tries to get her mind off it. He says he hasn’t seen her for 2 days and all she’s rambling on about is her patients. SH pours tea for her.

——

At hospital. Everyone is relieved she is back. YJ asks Dr Park about the ahjumma.  And he says he rang her family and they have admitted her to hospital and he advised them to do a blood test for heavy metals and they said they would. Dr Park says it’s being conducted in Seoul hospital. He says ever since Taesong managed Miryeong all the tests have been conducted there.  And he said his friend tells him they can’t report the toxicity report findings because there isn’t enough evidence to point to previous cases being linked (patients died long ago). YJ says they need to report it for the safety of villagers now. Nurse says even the Environmental Department says they should keep it quiet because there isn’t any evidence of it affecting the people now. YJ rings BM. YJ asks if BM can convince the family of the old man to perform an autopsy (they wouldn’t want to talk to YJ because they still think she caused his death)

——

SH talking to business partner?  He reveals the findings on the Forest that he’s unearthed.  Man seems to waver and goes with SH’s plan. Sec rings him. They update each other.  I think there’s some gold (?) or precious metal (?) buried in those hills?  I need English subs to be sure. The technical terms I don’t get. 
——

Rescue HQ. Team talks about how to help SH get over his trauma of seeing a dead body for the first time. CC suggests fishing because that was what they did with another member in the past and it worked. They all agree. SH walks in. CC says they always go on an annual fishing trip and for SH to join them.  Team leaves for training.  SH hands his resignation letter to TL. TL scolds him for giving up so easily and abandoning the team. SH says he’s heading back to Seoul. TL asks if he’s planned this from the beginning. That he would bail after he achieved his goal. He said he always knew he couldn’t trust SH. But he says the Team accepted him with open arms, and they shouldn’t be treated like that.  He hands the letter back to SH. SH says he will quit now and he’s willing to bear the consequences.  He walks out without taking the letter back. 
——

Hospital. YJ leaves and sees SH. She runs to hug him. He seems a bit distant?  Maybe because he’s planning to say goodbye? He says he wants to spend the day with her and take her somewhere. They are at water rapids. He piggybacks her into the water. He teaches her how to act when in the water. First you act like a ball and then a leaf.  He says in case he’s not around, she needs to remember this. She’s wondering why he would say that. He says he may want to be with her always but he may not be able to so he needs her to be able to fend for herself when he’s not. He wades deeper into the water. She’s scared and tightens her grip on him. SH says, “YJ I like you. Only now do I realize how important you are to me. I really like you.”  She whispers in his ear, “Me too. I really like you”.  Then she says, “Stop. We’ll stop here for today”.  SH says, “Okay. Our YJ did well today”

End

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

“Forest” Praises Park Hae Jin And Cast For Dealing With Heavy Winter Clothes While Filming In Summer

Mar 13, 2020
by R. Jun
92cf0fb6a2ab4052acec5e2fc0231943.jpeg?s=

The production of KBS2’s “Forest” has praised Park Hae Jin and the actors for their professionalism and willingness to endure discomfort for the drama.

“Forest,” which was pre-produced, was filmed last year from March through the end of August, through the heat of summer. A source from the drama said, “Because of labor law and limitations on working hours, there will likely be more and more pre-produced dramas in the future. Because there are four seasons in Korea, the actors’ outfits play a big part, and [not wearing the proper clothes] can greatly affect viewers’ immersion in the story. But the lead actor willingly dressed his character accordingly, so we’re really thankful.”

They added, “Truthfully, wearing long sleeves, much less wearing a thick suit and filming outside, isn’t something that the production team can enforce. We don’t know if it’s because Park Hae Jin has experience with filming pre-produced dramas in China, but he was very optimistic and assertive with respect to that. We’re really thankful to Park Hae Jin for being a model actor and allowing the drama to be that much more relatable to viewers.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387930wpp/forest-praises-park-hae-jin-and-cast-for-dealing-with-heavy-winter-clothes-while-filming-in-summer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think there’s some gold (?) or precious metal (?) buried in those hills?

They were mining rare earth metals, which are important raw materials for a number industries such as electronics, optics and semiconductors. 

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

Man tells SH what happened.  The technical terms are confusing here. My Chinese doesn’t go that far. Whatever method they used for original government funded projects wasn’t environmentally friendly?  They buried the “waste” products from the process?

He described the mining process as inserting pipes directly into mountains, injecting them with acid to mine the rare earth elements and then pumping out the acid mixture. This method is seldom used because of its environmental impact.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1