[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

28 minutes ago, cenching said:

Btw, I just remember something....Why his towel is so long and his bath robe is so short??? :no_mouth:

That´s a very good question. We need to investigate this! Watson put your coat on we got a case. 

giphy.gif 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, triplem said:

@katakwasabi @nrllee @nonski seriously PHJ’s dramas are never short of some drama outside the drama . :astonished: . Urggh ..

but KBS can post , they are the station :D

Preview ! 

True huhuhu! He’s always had a drama going on outside of the drama. So sad and a his fan I really wish him good projects.

@nrllee @Sarang21 @cenching

here is the subbed version of the IQIYI interview done by the Hongkong FC so i can assume this one's pretty accurate.  Of all our FCs they're the most diligent in doing translations, so if you guys need PHJ vids with subs, chances are they have it.  On another note, I hope IQIYI gets interested and buy the license for Forest so it will air in China.

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Btw, I just remember something....Why his towel is so long and his bath robe is so short??? 

precisely what i had been asking when it aired... waeyo?!

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Btw, I just remember something....Why his towel is so long and his bath robe is so short??? :no_mouth:

They made sure that we wouldn't be able to see something that we shouldn't see... :sweatingbullets:

e19fefd3675c6ab2f742cd04d495e5ce2334d9f8

@nrllee Thank you so much for translating their Taiwan interview. I was so curious about what they said because of their reactions. Glad we still could see those videos posted by their fans so at least we got some things to look forward to... most especially about the LONG KISS under the rain. If they didn't mention the real reason for that long kiss then I might interpret it as something else. :naughty:

31 minutes ago, cenching said:

I hope the "clue" doesn't THAT tiny until we need a magnifying glass to locate it....:ph34r:

I have faith  that the "clue" will be huge  :mrgreen:

@nonski Thank you for the video, now I´m looking forward to that long kiss under the bridge :relaxed:

He acts like a protective boyfriend. :wub:

...And their hands were artistically romantic (was it the PD or their own ad lib?) Watching it made my heart skip a beat. :love:

I think what he saw on her laptop was about his phantom pain that became her case study (she previously wanted to go to Psychiatry Department but pursued becoming a Surgeon instead as mentioned by her ex bf)??? But her real intention was to help him of course. @cenching

Spoiler

This is where he said "What did I do to this neighborhood!" in the opening of Episode 1.

Ep 15

Flashback to funeral for his grandma.  He seemed to be in denial?  He was brusque when he told the undertaker to “make her look prettier”.  Camera pans in to her fingers which have dirt (or soot?) on them. Memories of times with his grandma.  Happy times.  Piggy backing her up stairs to their house.  He picks up her clothes hanging to dry on the line.  Finds frozen meals that she had packed away in the freezer to eat.  Breaks down as he eats on his own.

Back at forest home.  After settling him into bed, YJ notices a handwritten sheet on the table outside titled “understanding JYJ” with a list of things she likes and dislikes and remembers the envelope he offered her which she palmed away in the river.  She notices he’s drawn pics in corners of some sheets of paper and wonders what it is that is tormenting him mentally.

Morning.  She comes into his side of the house and blares loud music (from her phone) using his speakers.  He jolts up.  They argue.  Then she complains she’s hungry (all his fault because of his episode) and checks out his fridge.  She marvels at how neat and organized it is and exclaims, “Let’s get married!” :lol:.  She makes breakfast amid his protests about how liberal she is using all his precious ingredients.  They eat breakfast together and he notices that they are both left handed (I noticed this from the start :lol:.  Lots of arty people are lefties).

After breakfast, she suggests they go cycling together.  She shows him what it’s like in the forest in the mornings.  She says she wants him to experience it for himself.  He mistakenly believes that she is being nice because she saw his weak self yesterday.  She highlights to him that she has always been the one to see him at his weakest so to just drop the “high and mighty” act and be natural around her.  He seems to do that as they cycle back.

Back at hospital.  YJ is looking at the pic she took of the carving in the forest and recalls SH’s episode and wonders about the link.  She’s interrupted by the arrival of a bus load of old folk arriving for their check up.

Rescue team is called out to a job.  Rescue unit member Liang seems to hurt his leg whilst at the gym before heading out (he doesn’t seem to hear the call out). CC and SH find a man (hiker) passed out on a bridge and notice that he reeks of alcohol.  SH is annoyed by the man and tells him to get up and walk himself out of the forest.  CC argues that they have to take him out because it’s their responsibility to ensure he is safe.

Back at hospital.  Liang turns up about his exercise injury and then after Xrays show it’s muscular strain, he reveals that he can’t seem to hear anything when he’s exercising (explaining why he doesn’t hear the call out earlier).  YJ looks concerned.

More business dealings between SH and Secretary.  Looks like SH accesses documents in the Document room to find loopholes to evict the Unit?

CC inadvertently finds stack of business cards in SH’s coat pocket which link him with the man (Secretary) he saw trying to convince his father to sell his stake in the forest.

Drunk man they rescued creates mayhem at Unit accusing SH of not caring.  Team leader apologizes on his behalf.  The team go out and team bond over dinner and karaoke.  They talk about what keeps them motivated to continue rescuing people.

Back home. SH notices that his stuff has been tampered with so he looks through his room and finds a hidden camera planted in the smoke alarm.

Ep 16

SH dashes next door to go through YJ’s room to find out if she has any hidden cameras.  She seems bewildered by his sudden intrusion.  He is annoyed that she’s wearing so little and tells her to cover herself more. :lol:.  He doesn’t find anything and insists she comes next door and work off her laptop in his room instead.  They start to talk.  She’s trying to get him to talk about his past.  It rains and the house leaks.  YJ accidentally knocks over her wine glass and they both rush to try to mop it up... their fingers touch... they share a moment... tension... he leans in for a kiss... hesitates... leans in again and then glances over (WHY???  :blink:) at her open laptop and notices she has his patient file open.  She managed to access his hospital file using her old access codes?  He is furious that he’s her “homework”, that he’s just a patient that needs to be healed from her point of view.  He asks if he should treat her as his doctor or a woman.  She asks what he thinks.  He says he isn’t sure.  She walks away. :tears:.  It’s raining as they each mull over what just happened.  Yeah... the heavens are weeping and so are we... 

SH back in Seoul and no nonsense business attire.  Voice over says everything is pretty much sorted over the Miryeong takeover and Secretary says it’s time to start in seriousness.  

YJ on a bus ride and she’s working through all the bits of information she’s gathered about SH.  She’s linked that he feels responsible and guilty about something in his past that’s causing him pain.  She visits hospital director.  He asks her to do some project/presentation about the forest and its inhabitants (disease related?) in collaboration with Dr Park.  She visits the old man with leukemia who is being treated there.  She gets a phone call and it’s the lady with the swollen knee and hand tremors.

CC’s dad is doing some wheeling and dealing with the opposition party regarding the Forest.

YJ pays a house visit to the old lady and sees that her condition isn’t improving.  2FL comes by too for impromptu visit.  She tells the old lady not to use the water from the mountain (which isn’t tested for safety).  The old lady tells her she prefers to use the mountain water because it’s free unlike tap water which she needs to pay for.  YJ notices the hand tremors again and the old lady has twitching on her face as well.  She remembers the old man had facial twitching too.  And she finds out that all of them drink from the spring/mountain water.  YJ heads into the forest to investigate.

2FL is checking up on something in forest and meets CC.  I think he asks her out...in a very roundabout way. :lol:  He tries to tell her who he really is but she cuts him off.  She is trying to catch illegal loggers/harvesters?  They find 2 suspicious men and give chase.  There’s a little explosion from where the men were at?  And the forest catches alight.  The men escape.

YJ sees the piped water from the mountains and follows the pipe to the water origin.  Smoke starts to billow around her and she panics. 

SH is alone in the Unit Office and sneaks a read of Team Leader’s computer.  He reads the report he made about the leg injury incident and sees Taesong label on the document and notes that is why he was seen with the Taesong Group meeting before.  There’s a call out to the fire, mentioning that someone saw YJ head up in that direction. SH rushes out.

Rescue scene from Ep1.  SH rappels down and rescues YJ.  He finds her.  They embrace.  He tells her everything will be alright.  As he hooks her up, he sees the fire around them and gets a flashback.  Of someone burning something?  A young boy (himself?) running through smoke. A house burns down. And SH says, “it’s me. My fault. I burnt the village down”.  So maybe he was playing with fire as a child and it got out of control and the village burnt down?  

@nonski the restriction post on MM is gone :sweatingbullets:

Maybe my theory about this being a reverse psychology tactic was right :lol:

22 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Maybe it's a reverse psychology promo tactic? They say don't share stuff about the drama, but people want to do the opposite and share even more? Heh.

-----

16 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

By the way, I happened to see DramaBeans doing recap (or in the website team's word, "weecapping") for this drama, for anyone interested [be warned: their reader comments on this drama is quite harsh, though I cannot say they are not fair]

Fyi, weecaping is the term used for dramas that are recapped on a weekly basis instead of the usual per episode recap :).

On 2/21/2020 at 1:10 AM, cenching said:

I wish I know why he suddenly got angry.....:huh:

As @beyaruth intimated, it was because she had a file with his name open on her laptop.  She had accessed his patient history from her old hospital (where he was treated before) using her old password (Back when she used to work there).  And she had added other bits to it on her laptop.  The pic carving of his grandma and the little figures he had drawn in the corners of the sheets of paper.  She was trying to piece together what it was that was causing his pain.

He misinterpreted that to mean she was looking at him as a doctor would a patient, that he was just a mere curiosity, someone to “help”, a problem to solve rather than a man she was attracted to.  Also, he has a complex where he dislikes being looked down on.  If you look at him and his bravado statements, it hints at someone who feels the need to always come out on top.  He’s fought his way up to the top in the business world and he believes that he needs to project that he is in control (and right) all the time (hence his OCD and having everything neat and tidy).  So for her to probe into his “weakness” makes him feel totally vulnerable and exposed.  He doesn’t like being told he has no control over that part of his life.  He’s used to doing everything on his own and sorting his own problems out.  She’s only trying to help him of course but I think his dislike at being made to look weak caused him to lash out in anger and hurt.  

EDIT to add - the other thing was that when he barged into her room, I think she said she was doing “homework” (study) whilst on her laptop.  Then he got her to continue in his room because he was scared that her place was bugged too.  So when he found out she was actually looking at his file, he took it to mean that he was her “homework” which of course wasn’t what she meant.

Archived