[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

Ep 27

Police station. YJ explains that the attending doctor told her that he managed to get the authorization from the old man’s guardian to move him.  Policeman says the doctor refuted her statement. Turns out doctor was told to lie to YJ by ED.  SH arrives and asks what’s happening, he says he’s YJ’s guardian(?).  SH tries to explain on her behalf that the patient needed urgent treatment and she had every right as a doctor to move him.  He moves to take her away. Another policeman steps in to stop them.  He sits her back down and says she’s guilty of manslaughter because she injected the patient with something before the transfer. YJ protests she did no such thing.  Policeman says the hospital staff confirmed it. SH look suspicious. 
——

SH alone in outside and makes a call.  He says the police are acting suspicious.  YJ still be interrogated and shown a bag with syringe and vials (of the stuff she was supposed to have injected).  Policeman claims she mistakenly injected the wrong drug into the old man causing his death. YJ says it’s all not true.  SH (still on the phone) asks Sec to find out what the deal is with the police fabricating evidence. YJ is taken away but not before SH returns, holds her hands and assures her not to worry and that he will sort things out.

——

SH driving. On speaker phone with Sec. He says YJ is in prison now because of her investigation into the environmental contamination. He wants Sec to hurry up and find the details out.  He says to spare no expense to get to the bottom of it.  SH heads back to where he fell into the dirty water.  Only to find that it’s all covered up now, no more muddy water.  Flashback to when he rolled down into the muddy ditch. He climbs out and finds the digger gone.
——

CEO and SH’s boss sign documents. Deal is made. SH’s boss has signed off the land title to CEO?  They shake on the deal. 
——

At house. Sec and SH looking at pics of the muddy ditch now filled in with dirt. SH has a container with red water (sample of that area?) and asks for it to be tested. Sec says it takes a week for results to come back. SH says they need the results faster or YJ will end up in the Courts by that time. Sec recounts how Taesong seems to have taken over even their hideout.  Thankfully since the loss of the safe incident, all the important documents had been moved to the house. Sec says he didn’t expect to be backstabbed by their boss. SH asks Sec to go back to the company. Sec refuses and says he wants revenge.  He feels badly that even YJ got dragged into this mess.  They start to look into Taesong documents from the past.  SH looks through YJ’s stuff and finds name list of all the patient deaths in Miryeong and also patient files with the skin lesions. 
——

SH visiting YJ in prison. YJ says she doesn’t know why the staff lied about the situation. SH’s promises he will get her out by day’s end. YJ says she’s not worried, she’s pretending she’s staying at a motel.  She’s trying to stay positive. 
——

YJ is led out and allowed to make a call. She rings Dr Park to explain her predicament.  She tells Dr Park to find the ahjumma (the one with the painful knee)!who she suspected of having been poisoned and start treatment. 
——

SH meets someone at his office. SH shows him the pictures of the muddy ditch. He asks what Taesong did in the past secretly. He said the man was given a big grant by Taesong for his experiment and wants to know what it was. The man says it’s got nothing to do with him and asks SH to leave or he’ll call security. SH shows him pics of the Villagers skin lesions and cancers and subsequent deaths. SH accuses him of murder. The man looks uncomfortable.  Man tells SH what happened.  The technical terms are confusing here. My Chinese doesn’t go that far. Whatever method they used for original government funded projects wasn’t environmentally friendly?  They buried the “waste” products from the process?  He provides data for SH to further analyze. Sec and SH at home analyze the new data. Taesong has been trying to hide this for years. Even 25 years ago. 
——

Sec shows up at bar where ED is drinking. He reveals what they have uncovered. He says it will all come to light in the 8pm media

coverage?  ED is furious. ED in car looks through documents about the whole Taesong cover up. SH has signed it?  He is guaranteeing his silence on the matter? (I guess so as to free YJ?)

——

Police station. YJ is freed. She is surprised as policeman said everyone has agreed to her version of events now. SH is there to meet her. She asks if he looks so sad/worried because of her and he says yes. They head home.

——

At home. YJ is suspicious and says the old man’s condition did not warrant a sudden turn for the worse (cardiac arrest)!so rapidly. SH says it was just bad luck. She is unconvinced.  She wonders why the staff version of events differed so markedly from hers.  She is hellbent on digging up more about the poisonings. SH is trying to get her to stay out of it.  YJ is unmoved. She says it’s her responsibility to get to the bottom of it. SH tries to get her mind off it. He says he hasn’t seen her for 2 days and all she’s rambling on about is her patients. SH pours tea for her.

——

At hospital. Everyone is relieved she is back. YJ asks Dr Park about the ahjumma.  And he says he rang her family and they have admitted her to hospital and he advised them to do a blood test for heavy metals and they said they would. Dr Park says it’s being conducted in Seoul hospital. He says ever since Taesong managed Miryeong all the tests have been conducted there.  And he said his friend tells him they can’t report the toxicity report findings because there isn’t enough evidence to point to previous cases being linked (patients died long ago). YJ says they need to report it for the safety of villagers now. Nurse says even the Environmental Department says they should keep it quiet because there isn’t any evidence of it affecting the people now. YJ rings BM. YJ asks if BM can convince the family of the old man to perform an autopsy (they wouldn’t want to talk to YJ because they still think she caused his death)

——

SH talking to business partner?  He reveals the findings on the Forest that he’s unearthed.  Man seems to waver and goes with SH’s plan. Sec rings him. They update each other.  I think there’s some gold (?) or precious metal (?) buried in those hills?  I need English subs to be sure. The technical terms I don’t get. 
——

Rescue HQ. Team talks about how to help SH get over his trauma of seeing a dead body for the first time. CC suggests fishing because that was what they did with another member in the past and it worked. They all agree. SH walks in. CC says they always go on an annual fishing trip and for SH to join them.  Team leaves for training.  SH hands his resignation letter to TL. TL scolds him for giving up so easily and abandoning the team. SH says he’s heading back to Seoul. TL asks if he’s planned this from the beginning. That he would bail after he achieved his goal. He said he always knew he couldn’t trust SH. But he says the Team accepted him with open arms, and they shouldn’t be treated like that.  He hands the letter back to SH. SH says he will quit now and he’s willing to bear the consequences.  He walks out without taking the letter back. 
——

Hospital. YJ leaves and sees SH. She runs to hug him. He seems a bit distant?  Maybe because he’s planning to say goodbye? He says he wants to spend the day with her and take her somewhere. They are at water rapids. He piggybacks her into the water. He teaches her how to act when in the water. First you act like a ball and then a leaf.  He says in case he’s not around, she needs to remember this. She’s wondering why he would say that. He says he may want to be with her always but he may not be able to so he needs her to be able to fend for herself when he’s not. He wades deeper into the water. She’s scared and tightens her grip on him. SH says, “YJ I like you. Only now do I realize how important you are to me. I really like you.”  She whispers in his ear, “Me too. I really like you”.  Then she says, “Stop. We’ll stop here for today”.  SH says, “Okay. Our YJ did well today”

End

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Forest” Praises Park Hae Jin And Cast For Dealing With Heavy Winter Clothes While Filming In Summer

Mar 13, 2020
by R. Jun
92cf0fb6a2ab4052acec5e2fc0231943.jpeg?s=

The production of KBS2’s “Forest” has praised Park Hae Jin and the actors for their professionalism and willingness to endure discomfort for the drama.

“Forest,” which was pre-produced, was filmed last year from March through the end of August, through the heat of summer. A source from the drama said, “Because of labor law and limitations on working hours, there will likely be more and more pre-produced dramas in the future. Because there are four seasons in Korea, the actors’ outfits play a big part, and [not wearing the proper clothes] can greatly affect viewers’ immersion in the story. But the lead actor willingly dressed his character accordingly, so we’re really thankful.”

They added, “Truthfully, wearing long sleeves, much less wearing a thick suit and filming outside, isn’t something that the production team can enforce. We don’t know if it’s because Park Hae Jin has experience with filming pre-produced dramas in China, but he was very optimistic and assertive with respect to that. We’re really thankful to Park Hae Jin for being a model actor and allowing the drama to be that much more relatable to viewers.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387930wpp/forest-praises-park-hae-jin-and-cast-for-dealing-with-heavy-winter-clothes-while-filming-in-summer

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think there’s some gold (?) or precious metal (?) buried in those hills?

They were mining rare earth metals, which are important raw materials for a number industries such as electronics, optics and semiconductors. 

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

Man tells SH what happened.  The technical terms are confusing here. My Chinese doesn’t go that far. Whatever method they used for original government funded projects wasn’t environmentally friendly?  They buried the “waste” products from the process?

He described the mining process as inserting pipes directly into mountains, injecting them with acid to mine the rare earth elements and then pumping out the acid mixture. This method is seldom used because of its environmental impact.

Ep 28

BM visits CC’s dad at timber mill to ask questions. He’s annoyed she’s so nosy.  She asks him about the fire (because his labourers were arrested).  He says he’s just as surprised as she is. And since finding out he hasn’t been able to eat or sleep well.  He pretends to be sick. BM takes him to hospital.

——

CC rushes to hospital.  BM tells him the doc says his dad should be fine and can be discharged tomorrow. CC thanks BM. Dad says his condition was caused by her. CC just laughs at his protests. BM sees spots on his hands?  They take a walk outside and talk. CC says he’s relieved that the perpetrators were caught and his dad is no longer a suspect. BM is quiet and finally tells CC about the contamination in the Forest. She says he should get his dad tested as well. CC says his dad has always been healthy. BM says do it anyway as a precaution. CC heads back to hospital and tries to convince his dad to have some tests done but he refuses. CC says if he does it he will come home. 
——

YJ in her office on phone asking about ahjumma’s test results.  Her friend says for some reason he can’t access that information. YJ finds it odd that her results are not open for reviewing as she’s not a government official or celebrity. Dr Park walks in. Asks for the files of villagers with suspicious heavy metal results. YJ says she left them at home. Dr Park tells her SH (her bf) should know all about the development.  YJ says SH quit long ago and he’s just a Rescue Unit member now. Dr Park says it’s strange to give up such a high flying job so easily and walks out. 
——

SH and Sec looking through photos.  Someone had been following him taking pics of his dealings.  SH said he noticed a drone flying after which probably took the pics. Sec says if they want the development to go ahead they too will have to turn a blind eye to the environmental contamination. SH remembers that the people got the symptoms only after prolonged exposure to the heavy metal and the expert he saw earlier mentioned that it had to be a big deposit of toxic material to have leeched slowly. SH says they need to find solid evidence and someone from Miryeong must know. 
——

CC’s dad tries to ring someone but is directed to voicemail. He’s annoyed.  He suspects they may stab him in the back. Camera pans in on photo of he and the ED in a chummy pose. 
——

YJ at home tries to find the patient files which aren’t there anymore. She goes to find SH. Nobody’s home. She sees all the documents for redevelopment on the table and the heavy metal blood test results for a patient. She looks confused.

——

Ahjumma at her son’s. Her hands are shaking. Sec is there and hands her a card and says he’s the company rep to help with her treatment.  She takes some pills and looks relieved.

——

YJ remembers Dr Park’s question earlier about why SH would quit his job. 
——

SH is shopping for shoes for YJ. He comes

home with them. Finds her at the table. She looks lost in thought. Shows her the shoes and bends over to put them on for her. SH says,”wear these and return to Seoul with me”.  He continues,”I will help you get back your job” YJ sighs as she looks at the glittery shoes. “Do I really want that princess life? Like these shoes and like KSH?” SH asks if she’s unhappy about something. YJ says she thought he was like her in thinking but she’s discovered that he’s still the same goal seeking man of old.”  She asks him about the Ahjumma. And if he hid her away so he could push the development through. SH says it wasn’t to hide her away but so she could get treatment.  YJ accuses him of hiding the poisoning of the Villagers so that it won’t thwart his business plan. SH tries to explain that with or without his help, the Forest will still be sold off and developed anyway.  His way ensured that at least the Ahjumma would get the treatment she deserved. YJ asks how is that better than the others who just do it out of greed?  It’s only slightly better but still not entirely above board. She said she thought the kind and warm SH she knew was the real KSH but she realises that the work SH is still the cold hearted goal driven man. SH asks her to just look at him only. She asks if he would (give up) stop doing his work if she opposes it. SH says he knows no other way of surviving, he’s always lived this way. But he tells her to believe him and wait.  YJ says don’t just use words to try to dodge the issue.  She asks him again, “if I oppose, will you give up this project/goal of yours?” SH doesn’t know how to answer. YJ returns the shoes. She says she can’t save someone else because she can’t even save herself. But at the very least her conscience is clear. She says she won’t live anymore with someone who doesn’t share the same goals/ideals as her. He asks her what does she mean. She asks, “shall I move out or shall you?” SH holds back his tears and walks away. YJ starts to cry. SH packs and leaves in his car. YJ in her bed sobbing.  Voiceover - SH, “I won’t lie anymore. Give me one more chance. In this cruel world, the me who has never experienced warmth. When you smile, it’s like the world follows suit and is smiling at me...YJ-ah, I like you.  I realise now how important you are to me. I really like you.” YJ continues to sob as she remembers his words. 
YJ Voiceover (SH remembers and cries in the car). You used to be someone who was only driven by goals. That scared me. Because of you, I can fight on. Because of you I can say I am no longer cursed. When you smile, the world smiles with you. I JYJ will always stay by your side.” SH drives away.
——

ED and CEO watch clip of SH and man meeting and also YJ/SH in the rapids together.  CEO says it’s like a romance. ED says he already sent some pics to warn SH to back down.  CEO says they can wait a bit and have SH do their work for them.  And when the time is right, they will deal severely with him (he said he will cook him like a dog?).

——

Sec and Ahjumma in hospital. She’s getting treatment in a very nice hospital. She thanks him for making her so comfortable. Sec says she can stay there till her treatment is over and expenses will be covered by the company. He shows her 3 pics (CC’s dad, CEO and ED) and asks her if she knows them. 
——

SH at hotel. Gets a call from Sec asking where he is. Sec tells him the 3 of them (CC’s dad, CEO and ED) were all hunting partners. Something about them being in together on what happened 25 years ago and in the present day development as well. SH is driving to timber mill. SH confronts CC’s dad. He asks how much money he was offered. Dad pretends to not know what he’s talking about. SH sees the photo of hunting with the 3 of them. Dad asks if he remembers now. SH says don’t you think I do? Dad says you started the fire, why are you accusing me of it? They fight. Dad hits SH with a block of wood. SH is bleeding and gets a flashback. Dad is accusing him of starting the fire but young SH says I didn’t do it. Dad tries to take him away. Another flashback. SH with red balloon and girl running up a hill. Red balloon is released. Another flashback. SH eating corn with girl and his mother at bus terminal. She tells him to stay put and she will come back later. Girl calls, “Oppa”.  SH knows his mum isn’t coming back so covers his sister’s eyes and tells her to pretend to play hide and seek. SH cries as he watches his mom leave. Another flashback. In a village. His sister is looking at their family photo. SH snatches it from her. Sister says mom promised she’ll come back for my birthday. SH tells her mom has left us, she will never come back. She cries and tells him she hates him and runs off. SH burns the photos with a lighter. The flames get out of control and he tries to stamp them out. He hears a bang and there’s smoke surrounding him everywhere from another fire. A figure appears from the haze and it’s CC’s dad with a can of petrol/kerosene? He stops when he sees SH trying to beat out the flames and blames him for setting the forest alight. SH says it’s not his fault. Dad insists it is his fault and the half burnt photos are evidence. SH sees the whistle and grabs it off his neck and runs away. Hides the whistle and pic in the tree hollow and runs

on. Back to present. SH says it was you. You were the one. Flashback.  SH tries to find his sister in the flames. He finds her and they run through the flames.  Evil CEO and ED are there taking pics of the fire. They ignore the pleas of help from SH and sister and walk away.  Rescue Unit helicopter comes to their aid. 2 members come down. SH and his sister are separated. SH is rescued by Team Leader. His partner tries to reach SH’s sister. I think this is where TL’s friend dies trying to save SH’s sister. Back to present. SH yells at dad, “you killed her! You killed my sister!” 

END

So this was his sister. Too sad she died in the forest fire. When this was revealed, my heart goes to KSH. What a very sad life he had aside from being abandoned by his mother. No wonder he was made to forget it for it was very traumatic for a child with a lingering guilt feeling for him to accidentally leave his sister's hand in the forest fire. I hope for his happy ending with JYJ. Both of them need healing from their traumatic pasts and deserve to be happy.  :cry:

The story has become sadder so the OST has become sadder too...

Spoiler

About last weeks episodes. 

I really liked the episodes again. I feel like the drama has picked up a notch in the second half. 

Lots of cute and fun scenes. The bicycle scene was lovely. You can call it fluff but also just normal?? Because i am watching dramas like hotel del luna and crash landing on you and am wondering what the hell the couples in those dramas are doing. (the answer is nothing)

I feel like JYJ should have been a bit more sceptical about that trauma centre project. I mean she already realizes that it is super strange how they want to make her into the director, the dude who visits her at night etc. And just on a personal level she gets super bad vibes from him.

But in the end she still sends her documents over? And she knows that the test results have been manipulated in the past. 

I don't expect her to put all the puzzle pieces together (when she doesn't even have all the pieces). Just not this passivity. She knows this feels wrong but she just goes along with it (for now).

The second couple is cute. To be honest i didnt really get the moment when he at first was leaning into the love triangle and suddenly he was into Bomi. Or is he even? Maybe he just wants to have some fun? I have no idea.

But i mean it's cute which is all we can ask for at this moment. Too late for anything substancial now when the foundation is lacking. But there are many better written and executed of this kind of secondary couples in other dramas.

And it's fun for me to watch Jung Yeon-Joo in a bigger drama role with this and My Holo Love. Even though both characters feel similar and the excentric character in Lily Fever was more interesting.

I think i am going to miss the show. There are just so few romance dramas at the moment and have been in the last few months.

6 Reasons You Don’t Want To Miss “Forest,” Starring Park Hae Jin And Jo Bo Ah

Mar 14, 2020
by aetcult
ff5dd6a4ec684cb38183e77affd7ea76.png?s=9

If you’re a city dweller who has ever had mini “Enchanted Forest” daydreams, or you’re really just having a case of permanent wanderlust, “Forest” is just the fix you need to tide you over ’til your next getaway. Aesthetically pleasing doesn’t even begin to describe the visual wonder that the drama is with its ability to instantly teleport you to a mysterious forest that sets the stage for a slow-burning romance between a corporate go-getter and a hospital surgeon. Here are reasons why you should be adding “Forest” to your watch list!

Warning: minor spoilers for the drama below.

1. The “Enchanted Forest” of your childhood dreams

Sure, this isn’t the first drama that is set in the natural environs, but “Forest” sure does take the cake for its stunning camera work that truly brings the drama’s Miryeong Forest to life. The way the light plays off the dense canopies is enchanting and brings a mystical element to the forest that subtly deepens the mystery behind the forces that connect the characters’ past together.

Enchanted-Forest.gif

2. Music to your ears

And “Forest” doesn’t stop there. The drama also serves up some serious zen woodland ambience with the smart incorporation of sounds you can hear in the landscape. It’s almost like one of those forest experience centers you find peppered around the Korean countryside, except, it’s right on your screen! It is also a clever hint at tying Kang San Hyeok’s (Park Hae Jin) fragmented memories with his current environment as the capitalist-turned-rescue worker finds that he is somehow able to identify the sounds in the forest (surely, it can’t be because you have been to one before, eh?)

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1387229wpp/6-reasons-you-dont-want-to-miss-forest-starring-park-hae-jin-and-jo-bo-ah

Dont worry chingus. With recap done by @nrllee, we can imagine the scene.

Sooner or later the subs will be available for 27-28. Just enjoy the weekends with outdoor activities or family/friends time. While waiting for Wednesday, I'm fine with the subs available on Monday at least, so I can enjoy them with less counting days for next episode. 

2 hours ago, beyaruth said:

If only the book reading scene came first then I could imagine how JYJ's blouse got ripped. :sweatingbullets:

I think that book scene purposely written to graphically gives us an explanation about what happened during the ripped blouse scene...:joy:

I watched the latest episode and those scumbags who burned the forest are so heartless...:angry: They were taking pictures leisurely and ignored the children pleas for help in that burning forest. All in the name of money!! :angry: The boy who played Young KSH is such a good actor, his choked up sobs and tears in the bus station had me in tears.

The breakup scene wowed me in the terms of acting from our OTP. Not much words but the pains, the feeling of betrayal & misunderstood and love rolled into one conveyed perfectly thru body language, simple words, choked up tears and their eyes...:tears: 

Love love love the piggyback scene in the stream...:wub: Again, simple conversation with no Shakespeare’s level of love declaration but it sears right to the heart, in a good way. They looked so beautiful in the whole scene framed by gorgeous background of the greenery and the flowing water...:wub:

I am not gonna sugar coated anything, the only thing worth watching in Forest is the natural interaction between PHJ-JBA....:ph34r: While watching Forest I am like a race horse with the blinders, focus only on OTP....:lol:

Horse2.jpg

Can’t wait for the finale...

@cenching :lol: Funny but no...it’s Do KyungSoo’s single “That’s Okay” cover pic.  His farewell song to all fans.  I love it...it fits his personality so well.  I’m not sure I am ready to say goodbye to Forest yet.  I like this ChocoMi couple. Will miss them. 

54 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@cenching :lol: Funny but no...it’s Do KyungSoo’s single “That’s Okay” cover pic.  His farewell song to all fans.  I love it...it fits his personality so well.  I’m not sure I am ready to say goodbye to Forest yet.  I like this ChocoMi couple. Will miss them. 

I will miss them badly too....I thought PHJ-KGE’s chemistry is the best but ChocoMi takes that place now. They are getting better and better as the story proceeds, very natural interactions. 

The Ice Prince turns into Fiery Prince...:lol: At least on screen....:ph34r:

Why looks like JBA was guiding PHJ? But he approved it.   :love:

Why PHJ made fun of her (pointing finger while LOL) at the same time she was pointing a finger at him too while laughing. :mrgreen:

But they were both concern for each other. She handed the towel to him to wipe his face but very great of him to gently wipe her face first before his own. While she guided him of which part needed to wipe his own face.  :love:

Looks like they were so comfortable with each other while filming...     :relaxed:

Spoiler

Spoiler

oooh... don't know how I would feel when the series come to an end.

5 minutes ago, beyaruth said:

Why looks like JBA was guiding PHJ? But he approved it.   

Wasn't PHJ said himself that he isn't good at romancing a girl on screen because it's been such a long time he got no GF?? He must needs some guidance because he has forgotten how to kiss a girl and like it....:sweat_smile:

Archived