My Holo Love

My_Holo_Love-mp1.jpg

Network: Netflix

Episodes: 12

Airdate: February 7th, 2020

Director: Lee San Yeob (Familiar Wife)

Writer: Ryoo Yong Jae (Pied Piper)

Synopsis:

A woman is lonely. She happens to meet hologram AI Holo which is completely on her side. Nan-Do is a genius inventor and Holo is hologram AI Holo. 

Cast:

Yoon Hyun Min as Nan Do / Holo

He is the developer of AI Holo. He has the same physical appearance as AI Holo, but his personality is completely different. While watching So Yeon and AI Holo, he feels something that he has never felt before.

Ko Sung Hee as So Yeon

She has a problem recognizing faces. Due to this, she keeps a distance from other people. She becomes a beta tester for hologram AI Holo 

Choi Yeo-Jin - Ko Yoo-Jin

Chansung

Jung Young-Ki - Jo Jin-Seok

Kim Soo-Jin

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] I holo you, 나 홀로 그대 - Yoon Hyun Min & Ko Sung Hee

2PM’s Chansung, Choi Yeo Jin, Lee Jung Eun, And More Get Into Character For Sci-Fi Drama

2PM’s Chansung, Choi Yeo Jin, Lee Jung Eun, And More Get Into Character For Sci-Fi Drama

Jan 22, 2020
by C. Hong

The upcoming Netflix drama “My Holo Love” has shared stills of its supporting cast!

“My Holo Love” is an upcoming Netflix series about a lonely woman who coincidentally meets a perfect holographic being with artificial intelligence named Holo. Yoon Hyun Min and Go Sung Hee were previously announced to be playing the leads.

In the supporting cast, Choi Yeo Jin plays Yoo Jin, Nando’s sister and the CEO of GEOLAB, the company that develops Holo. (Nando is Holo’s creator and Yoon Hyun Min plays both roles.) She is a charismatic businesswoman who lines up investors who are eagerly interested in the world’s first personal hologram AI. However, she shows a softer side when she is dealing with her brother and his secret past.

trailer eng sub

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] My Holo Love, 나 홀로 그대 - Netflix

This is actually a cute drama, I just wish the female lead character was written a little better. The lead is a cutie pie.

As I race towards the end:

Spoiler

I've only seen two dramas where they have shown a young person punching an old man/elderly (and well deserved). There are many dramas with old evil men, but only two where they had a young man punch an old man--this drama and Inspiring Generation). I got a sense of great satisfaction each time.

I started this drama yesterday and I like it so far! I like the treatment and the uniqueness of the plot. I heard from a friend that she couldn't get over this. And daebak! It's a netflix special release- however, it's labeled as a limited series so we really only have 12 episodes :bawling:

I liked the drama. I watched it at one go in 2-3 days, so I certainly enjoyed it...  but also had a few complaints.  One, the costumes given to the lead lady.  Yikes.  Did they have to pick every dress that would not suit her, all the time? (till the final scene when she looked really nice in a simple one-piece!).   I was also annoyed at the careless way in which they brought Halo into many scenes, and showed like everybody who are not even wearing the glasses could see him.  Lots of careless scenes.  Another was the lack of care with the face-blindness of female lead... But she was always recognizing everybody anyway...  I am sure they will have some excuse like she is adept at sounds etc, but it all annoyed me.

But the worst was a Netflix thing.  This drama had absolutely the worst subtitles I have ever seen on Netflix.  Normally their Korean subtitles are quite good.  But this was rank bad.  I know Korean quite well, though I leave subtitles on.  So many very poor translations.  I was even finding a couple of totally wrong subtitles every episode too.  Then I turned the subtitles off, as I was so annoyed.

But, a nice drama!   I had fun with it.   And I really liked the villain's son, in the end.  We almost never see a son standing up against the dad, but this guy not only stood up, but took it all up a whole other notch!

• 1 month later...

Hello,,

I really love this drama but I have a question regarding one of the songs :) Please anyone there to help me. They play it on the 30th min in ep. 4 and again in ep 5- 22 min ( the skating scene). Part of the text is - You'll heal my heart Touch my body Baby you are the one"

Please I tried really tried to find this one without luck :) I would really appreciate your help guys!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty surprised this one didn't take off that much!  It's short and simple, but certainly worth a watch during quarantine :)

My thoughts -

Overall:  To me, the most compelling character was Nan-do.  The story really picked up once he became a key player, and the actor was very good in both roles. The female lead was just nondescript for me - it's been about two months since I watched it and I don't even remember her name.  The facial blindness was okay, I'm glad they actually worked it decently into the plot and it was because of repressed trauma rather than just...there.  I liked the drama and had a good time watching, but I literally did not invest into it at all and just had it as sheer entertainment in between my CLOY meltdowns and TKEM meltdowns. 

Romance: Meh. I can't really understand stories where the robots and humans actually fall in love and expect to be together.  Even in a digital age like we're in now...if one of my friends told me she was dating her hot computer that only she could see, I'd be calling for a 5150 hold.  I do like the FL and human ML together, but it honestly felt a bit like they were both in love with Holo and then just went from a throuple to a couple.  Also, it was just weird.  And, there was a lot of lying.  But they both tried to sell it as best as they can.

Side characters: Seriously, I can't remember anybody's names.   But I legit thought the sister was in love with Nan-do (which let's be clear, I only remember HIS name because I kept craving nando's peri peri chicken the whole tie) until all of sudden she was his loving older sister.  The VP was just a wet dishrag until the final 15 minutes, but he was decent eye candy.  I was hoping for more from him.  Older sister was gorgeous though, I love that she didn't look like your typical kdrama ingenue and loved her hair and dress.

• 8 months later...

Archived