Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Spring Flower, Autumn Moon 天雷一部之春花秋月


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, raziela said:

Ha ha...nice to see you over in this forum.  Let's hope this is better written :D

 

Ha ha ha...yeah, am on episode 7 now, I'm trying to restrain myself binging it since the subs are quite slow :D.

 

1 hour ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

 

I tried it! Sadly, it's too lightweight for me!!! I mean I loved the silliness of Eternal Love but this one just doesn't do it. Shelved.

 

Oh, too bad...ha ha..well, this is a very light drama to watch anyways...might not everyone's cup of tea...just a drama you watch on a certain day while sipping a cup of coffee :D...

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was never immortal to begin with.  Shangguan Qiao Yue and Xiao Bai are just the two people human beings that have a very high level, the highest level of Martial Arts in the Jianghu. The only immor

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=395278&chapterid=60   The above link is to the original writing by the author of the book. So don't read it if you don't want spoilers. I ha

Omg...CH, QY frolicking in the cave :wub:

it’s like they were on their honeymoon. CH has become more sensible but QY is so unlike the ruthless QY we know...he’s such a insecure, lovey-dovey BF. So strange to watch, but oh so fluffy :blush: my toes are curling due to the excess. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This drama is so good! Can't wait till next week. I hope the save at least 15 minute to show the extra chapter the author wrote. Li Hong yi to is very good looking. Their chemistry is off the charts. 

 

If they both do a modern day drama together, then it will be a true three lives tale for both Zhao lu si and Li Hong yi.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 1:21 PM, jkfan said:

This drama is so good! Can't wait till next week. I hope the save at least 15 minute to show the extra chapter the author wrote. Li Hong yi to is very good looking. Their chemistry is off the charts. 

 

If they both do a modern day drama together, then it will be a true three lives tale for both Zhao lu si and Li Hong yi.

 

Oh, what was the extra chapter? Is it new?

 

I would really love to see them pair up again..they're still young so the next opportunity will certainly come.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 5:12 AM, lightbringer06 said:

 

Oh, what was the extra chapter? Is it new?

 

I would really love to see them pair up again..they're still young so the next opportunity will certainly come.

 

 

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=395278&chapterid=60

 

The above link is to the original writing by the author of the book. So don't read it if you don't want spoilers.

I have translated the extra chapter below, this is a spoiler, so don't read if you don't want to know what happens to Chun Hua and Qiao Yue!

Spoiler

To summarize the extra chapter -  This is my own translation so don't steal my work!

 

Two figures up on the tree. One  big and one small. 

With a full head of white hair, similar to the ice cave's white snow, with a perfect face that one can't find any fault in, one can't categorize him as old.  He sits on the tree branch holding a lambswool sheet.. 

 

White hair sees black hair, the child who sits in the tree branch across from white hair appears to be 13 or 14 years old.

 In white clothes, two beautiful faces with a pensive expression,  makes this particular scene strange as if they are at odds with each other.

 

"How was it? I created it." 

 

"Why did you write it on the lambs wool sheet?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) with a serious face answered , "Mother said that the best Martial Arts must be written on lamsbswool sheet.  I had to search for it far and wide. Last month, I went down the mountain, and found a group of business people and had to fight for the lambswool sheets."

 

"So these two martial arts technique, are you able to master it?" Shangguan Qiao Yue  threw the Lambswool sheet back to Shangguan Xiao Xing.

 

"Why not, this and that," Shangguan Xia Xing  traced the the two martial arts technique with his hands, and found out that it is indeed very hard to master it, as such, he rolled up the lambswool skin and put it away.  "Well, when I have time, I will show you the martial arts technique. I found out who the spy is, how shall we proceed?"

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue smirked - "You already found him, why are you asking me?"

 

"Mom said to not kill people, but for some reason, even when I don't normally kill people, they are cooking up ideas to kill me. I have such a pitiful life,  due to  being your son." Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) thought for a bit, and took out a medicine jar, " How about I feed this newly formed pill that I created. If he doesn't die, then he is lucky, if he dies, then it means he just has bad luck."

Shangguan Qiao Yue took the medicine jar and opened it to see the pills: "Is this your new pill? You want him to be your guinea pig?"

 

Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) nodded yes: "I was going to try it myself, but I was afraid, because the counter pill didn't seem to work well." With an innocent laugh: "If he dies, Mother would be angry, but if I die, Mother will be very sad."

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue warmly said: "Dad would also be very sad."

 

"Finally, words that I can actually believe in."  Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) said, taking his jar back, "That is why, in consideration of you and Mom, it is better to allow him (the spy) to try it instead."

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue - "I don't care who is the guinea pig, it does not concern me."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) held his chin and smirked - " Every time I do something bad, Mother knows, the person who tells her sure have some abilities."

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue replied: "It is because you are stupid."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - " You know who it is?"

Shangguan Qiao Yue replied:" I know, but I won't say who it is, you should use your own abilities to find out and fix the issue."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) laughed.

 

"It's there, it's there!" a voice from far away with urgency can be heard. A ten year old little girl holding the hands of a Mrs. came running. The Mrs. is about thirty years old, wearing thick clothing, the little girl was in pretty clothes, she has wit and charm, with big eyes, small sharp nose, and small mouth.

 

Mrs. ran to the cliff, with a frown, " You guys just have to cut down so many perfect fully grown trees!"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) was listening and quickly tried to stand up, but his feet slipped and his whole body started falling, he tried to grab onto something to break his fall but was unable to. His whole body started aim for the floor.

 

The Mrs. face turned white and she started to scream. At this time, a white figure, almost snakelike came out from the tree, headed for Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star), catching him by the foot and hanging him like a crab.

 

The Mrs. went from scared to mad: "You guys were playing a joke on me?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) started  swinging from the white string and smirked: "Mom, when I am playing with dad, you shouldn't come."

 

"You are my son, I can't come?" the Mrs. turned her face :" Shangguan Qiao Yue "if you try to convince him to learn the poison craft, then I dare you to!"

 

"I didn't, if you don't believe me, you can ask him." The person on the tree innocently smiled, and raised his hand to guide the string back.

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) jumped to the ground, and ran to his mom and "pak" kissed his mom on her face" "Mom"

 

"The Mrs. glared at him and pushed him away : " You are already ten+ years old, yuck!"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) showed his disappointment: " It is because you are my mom, if it was someone else, I would never kiss her!" He then looked at the little girl next to him, with a sweet smile and soft voice  "Little sister is the best, come, let's have a kiss."

 

Little girl was at first stunned, but quickly came back to her senses, and started stepping back: "Mom....."

 

Mrs. pulled him: " I told you, you need to keep your hands to yourself, why are you so bold now?"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue didn't change his expression, smirked and kiss his son on the face: "Good Son."

 

The Mrs. pointed at the two, and said: "You two......", she dropped her hands, and changed her expression to being angry, turned around and started to leave: "You two, stop being so disgusting, how old are you exactly Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)!"

 

The little girl angrily glared at Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star), " You did that on purpose!"

 

 Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star):" I am your big brother, come and play little sister."

 

The little girl turned around and hurriedly ran to the Mrs. to leave with her.

 

When the two have gone far,  Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) jumped from Shangguan Qiao yue's embrace, and used his sleeves to wipe his face: "Just because I called you dad, you don't have to be so disgusting alright!"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue replied: "It is because you are my son, I wouldn't kiss just anyone."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) couldn't come back with good reply, he said: "Does mom like good kids? She is so cute when she gets anxious, I just have to tease her."   He looked down and touched the Many Love Thread, "This is very good stuff, when are you going to make me one?"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue took the Many Love Thread back and coiled it up "I will give you one."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - " I was just teasing, even if you give it to me, I don't want it. If I took it, I would be exactly like you! My Mother must not be right in the head,  you are by her side, yet she still dresses me to look exactly like you." He pulled on his clothes as if he is disgusted by the clothes: " I absolutely hate the color white, this 'Thousand Moon Cave' is covered in white snow during winter time, no one can see me!"

 

" It is because she thinks I am that beautiful." Shangguan Qiao yue  in good spirits said, " That is right, you are older now, what kind of clothes would you like?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) replied: "Ones with designs, red and green colored."

 

Shangguan Qiao yue " You want to look like a girl?"

 

"Who said only girls can wear red and green clothes." Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) wasn't angry and lowered his voice and softly laughed, "the day before, General Cheung told me an interesting thought, do you want to know what it is?"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue replied: "He must have said, your dad always lock you up and force you to research poison and learn martial arts, how about we kill him, and make you the leader instead?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) in serious tone: "They won't dare to say those exact words, however the meaning is about the same."

Shangguan Qiao yue smirked: " After you kill me,  your Mother will be very sad. She along with your brother and sister will need you to take care of them. If you don't become the strongest, and if I am no longer here, you will definitely die in their hands."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - "Little brother I will protect, as for little sister, since she is filial, then I will begrudgingly protect her, she is really dumb."

 

"It is precisely because she is dumb, that is why she can be easily used by others, you can treat her nice, but do not let your guard down. "

 

"Mom even have her on guard with me, she thinks I don't know that she is not my biological sister."

 

"It is because your Mom can't have girls, as such, she can only adopt one.  Since General Cheung have the audacity to lead you astray,  perhaps we have been treating him too well, don't you think we need to clean out the garbage?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)  - " You can kill them, I will take care of Mom and little sister."

 

Shangguan Qiao yue : "Don't you think we should think of a trap for them to fall on?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) : " You......" his words was cut short, and in a moment he couldn't move.

 

Shangguan Qiao yue laughed and carried him, " We absolutely have to at least play the part, so that they can believe and that is when we can lure them out so we know who they are don't you think?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) started screaming : "NO!I DON'T WANT TO GO IN THE ICE CAVE! I WILL NOT GO IN, I WILL TELL MY MOM!"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue : "I will tell your Mom that you went down the mountains to play, don't worry, I will personally deliver your one meal per day."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) :" When are you going to let me out?"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue: "Didn't you invent the new Martial arts technique, why don't you learn it, perfect it then I will let you out."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star): "But that is impossible, I just made it up! Even you found the weakness of my Martial Arts technique. I don't even think one can even learn it."

 

 "You won't know unless you tried it" Shangguan Qiao yue unfroze Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)'s freeze spell, and left.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jkfan said:

The above link is to the original writing by the author of the book. So don't read it if you don't want spoilers.

I have translated the extra chapter below, this is a spoiler, so don't read if you don't want to know what happens to Chun Hua and Qiao Yue!

 

 

Oops!~...I almost read it...LOL...thank you..I'l check it out after I finished the drama :kiss_wink:...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the ending. I think they spent too much time talking about the death of the doctor. I wish they gave Li Hong Yi more screen time especially for the last episode. I  feel like too much time was wasted on flashbacks and the boring case of who killed the doctor. Probably because we all know who killed the doctor already, They should have a special episode of just Chun Hua and Chau Yue, especially the life after the drama chose to end. 

 

Oh well, this drama is very cute and did hold me captive to want more, it still made me want more after the drama ended. I credit this to the two main leads. Zhao Lusi and Li Hong Yi have awesome chemistry. The show did a good job of them both in their own worlds. Both of them steal the scene equally. The other four co-stars seems to be just there and didn't catch my attention.. Xiao Bai did not have me rooting for him like I would most second leads lately.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the last episode, so could someone, please, tell me how the it ends? So he lost his immortality, but has white hair but he still looks young? I didn't get that. She still calls him gege (brother)???

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He was never immortal to begin with.  Shangguan Qiao Yue and Xiao Bai are just the two people human beings that have a very high level, the highest level of Martial Arts in the Jianghu. The only immortal was Chun Hua, then she gave it up to go back to ancient time Jianghu to find" all consuming love with a smart and handsome, sometimes dangerous man"  :)

You can read my translation of "Other Story" written by the original author of the novel that talks about life after  how the drama ends on page 2 of this discussion.

Spoiler

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue just used up his inner strength that is stronger than the other four characters...basically, Shangguan Qiao Yue has an inner strength called "Yin yang"陰陽  -- meaning negative/dark and light.

 

Xiao Bai - has the Three Sun inner strength, meaning very bright..

 

Chinese is very allegory in writing and describing things...

 

So anyways, you see, both represent what people would call --- Evil (Shangguan Qiao Yue) vs Good (Xiao Bai) -- Cloudy vs Bright etc...

 

So basically, any of the two can save Chun Hua...but Xiao Bai did not want to lose his status as the leader of the Jianhu, and Shangguan Qiao Yue has planned all along to use his inner strength to save Chun Hua after he becomes takes Xiao Bai's spot and unifies his Thousan Moon Sect with the rest of the "Good" sects. This is why Shangguan Qiao Yue told his Purple Female servant to save her energy, as she will need to take care of the inner fighting within the sect, when Shangguan Qao Yue will no longer have the power to.

 

However, Chun Hua's sudden turn to almost dying -- (she had only 30 minutes to live), before the big battle between the sects made Shangguan Qiao Yue not think and just use his inner power then to save her. Due to this, he has to give up his ambition of unifying his sect (Considered Evil by others) with the good sect, as he would then be the new leader.

 

So he just lost a lot of his "Inner Energy" that made him a Martial Art master.  So his hair turns white due to this. -- The Chinese culture has a saying that too much worrying can give you white hair...so this is very befitting of Qiao Yue and the authors nod to another very famous Martial Arts writer Jin Yong, because in Return of the Condor Heroes story -- Yang Guo hair turns white after one night of pining for little dragon girl, after he thought he might have lost little dragon girl forever.

 

As for Chun Hua calling him "Ge Ge" that is a endearment term...this is what the Chinese would call their closest friends or someone very close to them if it is a boy that is older and is close to them. Chun Hua calls him Ge Ge because Qiao Yue likes it when she calls him Ge ge vs his name..as ge ge conveys a much more familial tie than just saying someone's name. 

 

Xiao Bai did not want to lose to "evil" so he thought too long and chose to give up Chun Hua.

From the very start, Chun Hua wanted someone to love her and to never forsake her for any reason...Xiao Bai did not meet that expectation, and Qiao Yue did...

 

Also, at the end,  the letter she wrote to XIao Bai was good...that at first she thought that one can love another at first sight and due to what she thought was her prophecy that she would love..however, she learned that love is not anything someone can tell you to do or how it is, it is something felt and something that you will give up everything for...she wished Xiao Bai well, and that maybe one day, he will meet someone that he would be willing to give up everything for.

 

 

Now, I wish they didn't waste so much time on finding the true killer of the doctor, as in the scheme of things, it didn't matter to me...but I can see that they were trying to give the four co-stars more screen time. 

I wished they showed more of the backstory of Qiao Yue and Hua Xiao Lei (Chun Hua's) body person. I wanted to see what their story was, as Qiao Yue seems to describe their relationship differently each time he wants to use Chun Hua to help him get information.

 

I think that Qiao Yue actually did fall in love with Hua Xiao Lei (Chun Hua's body) at first, but then he got very disappointed when Hua Xiao Lei admonish his killing of people with a cold heart, and what he thought that she was going to use Qiao Yue and then kill him...but that is what Qiao Yue thought, and we can see with his interactions with Chun Hua, that he would have almost killed her too when he thought she would leave him in the cave when he was sick.

Otherwise, why would Qiao Yue be at the doctor's place in the first episode and protect Hua Xiao Lei from getting killed.  It did seem like the servants also know that he liked Hua Xiao Lei too.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jafstar said:

@jkfan Wanted to say thank you for translating the extra chapter & do you know if there is an English translation for the entire novel?

I am not sure if there is an English translation, as I am not sure how popular this novel is. The internet version of the novel in its original Chinese language have the last 10 or so chapters locked. So even if I attempted to try to translate it, as it is a very cute story....even better than the drama. I would not be able  finish it as the chapters are locked.

 

I am trying to buy the physical book so that I can read the full story, but I need to figure out how to buy it at the Chinese Book store site...my limited Chinese prevents me from sucessfully buying the book... And I am confused as there seems to be two versions of the physical book. The original version (First Release) seems to be no longer in print.

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jkfan said:

He was never immortal to begin with.  Shangguan Qiao Yue and Xiao Bai are just the two people human beings that have a very high level, the highest level of Martial Arts in the Jianghu. The only immortal was Chun Hua, then she gave it up to go back to ancient time Jianghu to find" all consuming love with a smart and handsome, sometimes dangerous man"  :)

You can read my translation of "Other Story" written by the original author of the novel that talks about life after  how the drama ends on page 2 of this discussion.

  Hide contents

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue just used up his inner strength that is stronger than the other four characters...basically, Shangguan Qiao Yue has an inner strength called "Yin yang"陰陽  -- meaning negative/dark and light.

 

Xiao Bai - has the Three Sun inner strength, meaning very bright..

 

Chinese is very allegory in writing and describing things...

 

So anyways, you see, both represent what people would call --- Evil (Shangguan Qiao Yue) vs Good (Xiao Bai) -- Cloudy vs Bright etc...

 

So basically, any of the two can save Chun Hua...but Xiao Bai did not want to lose his status as the leader of the Jianhu, and Shangguan Qiao Yue has planned all along to use his inner strength to save Chun Hua after he becomes takes Xiao Bai's spot and unifies his Thousan Moon Sect with the rest of the "Good" sects. This is why Shangguan Qiao Yue told his Purple Female servant to save her energy, as she will need to take care of the inner fighting within the sect, when Shangguan Qao Yue will no longer have the power to.

 

However, Chun Hua's sudden turn to almost dying -- (she had only 30 minutes to live), before the big battle between the sects made Shangguan Qiao Yue not think and just use his inner power then to save her. Due to this, he has to give up his ambition of unifying his sect (Considered Evil by others) with the good sect, as he would then be the new leader.

 

So he just lost a lot of his "Inner Energy" that made him a Martial Art master.  So his hair turns white due to this. -- The Chinese culture has a saying that too much worrying can give you white hair...so this is very befitting of Qiao Yue and the authors nod to another very famous Martial Arts writer Jin Yong, because in Return of the Condor Heroes story -- Yang Guo hair turns white after one night of pining for little dragon girl, after he thought he might have lost little dragon girl forever.

 

As for Chun Hua calling him "Ge Ge" that is a endearment term...this is what the Chinese would call their closest friends or someone very close to them if it is a boy that is older and is close to them. Chun Hua calls him Ge Ge because Qiao Yue likes it when she calls him Ge ge vs his name..as ge ge conveys a much more familial tie than just saying someone's name. 

 

Xiao Bai did not want to lose to "evil" so he thought too long and chose to give up Chun Hua.

From the very start, Chun Hua wanted someone to love her and to never forsake her for any reason...Xiao Bai did not meet that expectation, and Qiao Yue did...

 

Also, at the end,  the letter she wrote to XIao Bai was good...that at first she thought that one can love another at first sight and due to what she thought was her prophecy that she would love..however, she learned that love is not anything someone can tell you to do or how it is, it is something felt and something that you will give up everything for...she wished Xiao Bai well, and that maybe one day, he will meet someone that he would be willing to give up everything for.

 

 

Now, I wish they didn't waste so much time on finding the true killer of the doctor, as in the scheme of things, it didn't matter to me...but I can see that they were trying to give the four co-stars more screen time. 

I wished they showed more of the backstory of Qiao Yue and Hua Xiao Lei (Chun Hua's) body person. I wanted to see what their story was, as Qiao Yue seems to describe their relationship differently each time he wants to use Chun Hua to help him get information.

 

I think that Qiao Yue actually did fall in love with Hua Xiao Lei (Chun Hua's body) at first, but then he got very disappointed when Hua Xiao Lei admonish his killing of people with a cold heart, and what he thought that she was going to use Qiao Yue and then kill him...but that is what Qiao Yue thought, and we can see with his interactions with Chun Hua, that he would have almost killed her too when he thought she would leave him in the cave when he was sick.

Otherwise, why would Qiao Yue be at the doctor's place in the first episode and protect Hua Xiao Lei from getting killed.  It did seem like the servants also know that he liked Hua Xiao Lei too.

Thank you very much!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 9:32 AM, jkfan said:

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=395278&chapterid=60

 

The above link is to the original writing by the author of the book. So don't read it if you don't want spoilers.

I have translated the extra chapter below, this is a spoiler, so don't read if you don't want to know what happens to Chun Hua and Qiao Yue!

  Reveal hidden contents

To summarize the extra chapter -  This is my own translation so don't steal my work!

 

Two figures up on the tree. One  big and one small. 

With a full head of white hair, similar to the ice cave's white snow, with a perfect face that one can't find any fault in, one can't categorize him as old.  He sits on the tree branch holding a lambswool sheet.. 

 

White hair sees black hair, the child who sits in the tree branch across from white hair appears to be 13 or 14 years old.

 In white clothes, two beautiful faces with a pensive expression,  makes this particular scene strange as if they are at odds with each other.

 

"How was it? I created it." 

 

"Why did you write it on the lambs wool sheet?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) with a serious face answered , "Mother said that the best Martial Arts must be written on lamsbswool sheet.  I had to search for it far and wide. Last month, I went down the mountain, and found a group of business people and had to fight for the lambswool sheets."

 

"So these two martial arts technique, are you able to master it?" Shangguan Qiao Yue  threw the Lambswool sheet back to Shangguan Xiao Xing.

 

"Why not, this and that," Shangguan Xia Xing  traced the the two martial arts technique with his hands, and found out that it is indeed very hard to master it, as such, he rolled up the lambswool skin and put it away.  "Well, when I have time, I will show you the martial arts technique. I found out who the spy is, how shall we proceed?"

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue smirked - "You already found him, why are you asking me?"

 

"Mom said to not kill people, but for some reason, even when I don't normally kill people, they are cooking up ideas to kill me. I have such a pitiful life,  due to  being your son." Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) thought for a bit, and took out a medicine jar, " How about I feed this newly formed pill that I created. If he doesn't die, then he is lucky, if he dies, then it means he just has bad luck."

Shangguan Qiao Yue took the medicine jar and opened it to see the pills: "Is this your new pill? You want him to be your guinea pig?"

 

Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) nodded yes: "I was going to try it myself, but I was afraid, because the counter pill didn't seem to work well." With an innocent laugh: "If he dies, Mother would be angry, but if I die, Mother will be very sad."

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue warmly said: "Dad would also be very sad."

 

"Finally, words that I can actually believe in."  Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) said, taking his jar back, "That is why, in consideration of you and Mom, it is better to allow him (the spy) to try it instead."

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue - "I don't care who is the guinea pig, it does not concern me."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) held his chin and smirked - " Every time I do something bad, Mother knows, the person who tells her sure have some abilities."

 

Shangguan Qiao Yue replied: "It is because you are stupid."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - " You know who it is?"

Shangguan Qiao Yue replied:" I know, but I won't say who it is, you should use your own abilities to find out and fix the issue."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) laughed.

 

"It's there, it's there!" a voice from far away with urgency can be heard. A ten year old little girl holding the hands of a Mrs. came running. The Mrs. is about thirty years old, wearing thick clothing, the little girl was in pretty clothes, she has wit and charm, with big eyes, small sharp nose, and small mouth.

 

Mrs. ran to the cliff, with a frown, " You guys just have to cut down so many perfect fully grown trees!"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) was listening and quickly tried to stand up, but his feet slipped and his whole body started falling, he tried to grab onto something to break his fall but was unable to. His whole body started aim for the floor.

 

The Mrs. face turned white and she started to scream. At this time, a white figure, almost snakelike came out from the tree, headed for Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star), catching him by the foot and hanging him like a crab.

 

The Mrs. went from scared to mad: "You guys were playing a joke on me?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) started  swinging from the white string and smirked: "Mom, when I am playing with dad, you shouldn't come."

 

"You are my son, I can't come?" the Mrs. turned her face :" Shangguan Qiao Yue "if you try to convince him to learn the poison craft, then I dare you to!"

 

"I didn't, if you don't believe me, you can ask him." The person on the tree innocently smiled, and raised his hand to guide the string back.

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) jumped to the ground, and ran to his mom and "pak" kissed his mom on her face" "Mom"

 

"The Mrs. glared at him and pushed him away : " You are already ten+ years old, yuck!"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) showed his disappointment: " It is because you are my mom, if it was someone else, I would never kiss her!" He then looked at the little girl next to him, with a sweet smile and soft voice  "Little sister is the best, come, let's have a kiss."

 

Little girl was at first stunned, but quickly came back to her senses, and started stepping back: "Mom....."

 

Mrs. pulled him: " I told you, you need to keep your hands to yourself, why are you so bold now?"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue didn't change his expression, smirked and kiss his son on the face: "Good Son."

 

The Mrs. pointed at the two, and said: "You two......", she dropped her hands, and changed her expression to being angry, turned around and started to leave: "You two, stop being so disgusting, how old are you exactly Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)!"

 

The little girl angrily glared at Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star), " You did that on purpose!"

 

 Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star):" I am your big brother, come and play little sister."

 

The little girl turned around and hurriedly ran to the Mrs. to leave with her.

 

When the two have gone far,  Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) jumped from Shangguan Qiao yue's embrace, and used his sleeves to wipe his face: "Just because I called you dad, you don't have to be so disgusting alright!"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue replied: "It is because you are my son, I wouldn't kiss just anyone."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) couldn't come back with good reply, he said: "Does mom like good kids? She is so cute when she gets anxious, I just have to tease her."   He looked down and touched the Many Love Thread, "This is very good stuff, when are you going to make me one?"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue took the Many Love Thread back and coiled it up "I will give you one."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - " I was just teasing, even if you give it to me, I don't want it. If I took it, I would be exactly like you! My Mother must not be right in the head,  you are by her side, yet she still dresses me to look exactly like you." He pulled on his clothes as if he is disgusted by the clothes: " I absolutely hate the color white, this 'Thousand Moon Cave' is covered in white snow during winter time, no one can see me!"

 

" It is because she thinks I am that beautiful." Shangguan Qiao yue  in good spirits said, " That is right, you are older now, what kind of clothes would you like?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) replied: "Ones with designs, red and green colored."

 

Shangguan Qiao yue " You want to look like a girl?"

 

"Who said only girls can wear red and green clothes." Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) wasn't angry and lowered his voice and softly laughed, "the day before, General Cheung told me an interesting thought, do you want to know what it is?"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue replied: "He must have said, your dad always lock you up and force you to research poison and learn martial arts, how about we kill him, and make you the leader instead?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) in serious tone: "They won't dare to say those exact words, however the meaning is about the same."

Shangguan Qiao yue smirked: " After you kill me,  your Mother will be very sad. She along with your brother and sister will need you to take care of them. If you don't become the strongest, and if I am no longer here, you will definitely die in their hands."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - "Little brother I will protect, as for little sister, since she is filial, then I will begrudgingly protect her, she is really dumb."

 

"It is precisely because she is dumb, that is why she can be easily used by others, you can treat her nice, but do not let your guard down. "

 

"Mom even have her on guard with me, she thinks I don't know that she is not my biological sister."

 

"It is because your Mom can't have girls, as such, she can only adopt one.  Since General Cheung have the audacity to lead you astray,  perhaps we have been treating him too well, don't you think we need to clean out the garbage?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)  - " You can kill them, I will take care of Mom and little sister."

 

Shangguan Qiao yue : "Don't you think we should think of a trap for them to fall on?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) : " You......" his words was cut short, and in a moment he couldn't move.

 

Shangguan Qiao yue laughed and carried him, " We absolutely have to at least play the part, so that they can believe and that is when we can lure them out so we know who they are don't you think?"

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) started screaming : "NO!I DON'T WANT TO GO IN THE ICE CAVE! I WILL NOT GO IN, I WILL TELL MY MOM!"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue : "I will tell your Mom that you went down the mountains to play, don't worry, I will personally deliver your one meal per day."

 

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) :" When are you going to let me out?"

 

Shangguan Qiao yue: "Didn't you invent the new Martial arts technique, why don't you learn it, perfect it then I will let you out."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star): "But that is impossible, I just made it up! Even you found the weakness of my Martial Arts technique. I don't even think one can even learn it."

 

 "You won't know unless you tried it" Shangguan Qiao yue unfroze Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)'s freeze spell, and left.

 

 

So happy to read those extra chapter, although I'm a bit sad with father and son relationship :). Thank you for sharing it with us <3

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jkfan said:

I am not sure if there is an English translation, as I am not sure how popular this novel is. The internet version of the novel in its original Chinese language have the last 10 or so chapters locked. So even if I attempted to try to translate it, as it is a very cute story....even better than the drama. I would not be able  finish it as the chapters are locked.

 

I am trying to buy the physical book so that I can read the full story, but I need to figure out how to buy it at the Chinese Book store site...my limited Chinese prevents me from sucessfully buying the book... And I am confused as there seems to be two versions of the physical book. The original version (First Release) seems to be no longer in print.

I wish I can read the novel in English version. Many thanks for sharing the extra chapter, really appreciate your hard work to translate it <3

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cheese79 said:

So happy to read those extra chapter, although I'm a bit sad with father and son relationship :). Thank you for sharing it with us <3

I think they have a very cute relationship between Father and son.  I can see why he is forcing his son to study poison/medicine and learning kungfu similiar to what Qiu Yue's mom did to him. However, it didn't seem like Qiu Yue's teaching method was as extreme as his mom to the point where the son did not know that she was his own mom.

Due to Que Yue being the leader of the sect and also having to fend off the other "Good" sects, one must have to be the best or have at least better martial arts than the rest of the world in order to protect those that you love.. which is what the author was trying to go after I think. And based on Shangguan Xiao Sing's (The son) it seems like there are people that are constantly trying to kill already and he is still just a child. So he has to have the best martial arts to save himself against those that are trying to kill him.

 

They seem to have a very playful relationship with each other. With Chun Hua as the mom, I don't think Que Yue would go overboard in his teaching, as Que Yue values a family relationship more so than being the ultimate leader and his ambition. I think this was due to his mom being so cold to him and him always being in the cave alone by himself during his formative younger years. The novel did state that the Que Yue's mom taught him to be an assassin in order for Que Yue to avenge for her to Xiao Bai's father. 

 

Que Yue's mom had to pretty much rely on several different men in order to survive, since she herself was locked in the cave with no food and water..basically she was left to die after Xiao Bai's father betrayed and left her and never came back for her.  She was very beautiful so men fell for her easily. She was used by some of the men that she had to rely on to kill others..this is in one of the stories that Que Yue tells Chun Hua.

 

So having his son being so playful with his dad, and having some teenager back talk to his all powerful father seems very warm to me, given Qiao Yue's background as a cold hearted killer to everyone else but Chun Hua.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly thought that Que Yue and Xiao Bai might have been half brothers for the first 10 or so episodes. Glad that Qiao yue provided the back story of the mom, so we can understand why he is so clingy to Chun Hua and pretty obsessed with her.

 

If that was the storyline then it would have been a plot straight off another very famous Wuxia novel.."The Beautiful twin Brothers" --not sure of the English name, but it was basically two fraternal twin brothers with the same father and same mom. TVB had the original drama with Tony Leung in the 80's and then Taiwan has a drama had Alec Su and Jimmy Lin -- all three superstars were my teenage heart throbs.

 

A scorned lover from the twin father's past was so jealous of the wife, that when the father and mother was killed trying to run away from the mother's all women sect, the scorned lover took in one of the twins that was held by the father and trained him to be an assassin and to grow up to kill his twin brother as a revenge. This twin also wore all white all the time.

The other twin that was held in the mom's embrace was taken by the "good" sects to train him in martial arts I think...it has been 29 years since I saw the drama -- he was very happy go lucky, as not much was expected of him.

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last episodes towards the end when Chun Hua was dying...I feel like the editors scene cuts was a bit off....I didn't understand why Chun Hua said the poem again "Very good, Spring Flower Autumn Moon, is there an end?" and then "Why did you save me?"

 

It seems to be out of context and I felt like the words being spoken didn't really correspond to the scene or what not..anyways.. wish they have a TV drama version with the same two leads with the bigger budget instead of it being a web movie.

 

This must be a hit, as Youtube and Youku have many views. Youku constantly has it as the no.1 or so on the topic each Friday when new episodes are out.

 

And did anyone noticed that in the Prodigal Healer drama -- Zhao Lusi's character said to Li Hong Yi's character -- "I had a dream, that we were very happy and we were both just rolling around in sea of flowers." --- this describes the scene of Que Yue and Chun Hua's sweet moments in the flower garden surrounding Thousand Moons cave?

 

Lol,..I thought that was so cute and how the two dramas tie together.... in the Prodigal Healer, Zhao Lusi was always pining for Li Hong Yi, vs in Spring Flowers Autumn Moon, Li Hong Yi was chasing after Zhao Lusi for most of the drama.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jkfan said:

In the last episodes towards the end when Chun Hua was dying...I feel like the editors scene cuts was a bit off....I didn't understand why Chun Hua said the poem again "Very good, Spring Flower Autumn Moon, is there an end?" and then "Why did you save me?"

 

It seems to be out of context and I felt like the words being spoken didn't really correspond to the scene or what not..anyways.. wish they have a TV drama version with the same two leads with the bigger budget instead of it being a web movie.

 

This must be a hit, as Youtube and Youku have many views. Youku constantly has it as the no.1 or so on the topic each Friday when new episodes are out.

 

And did anyone noticed that in the Prodigal Healer drama -- Zhao Lusi's character said to Li Hong Yi's character -- "I had a dream, that we were very happy and we were both just rolling around in sea of flowers." --- this describes the scene of Que Yue and Chun Hua's sweet moments in the flower garden surrounding Thousand Moons cave?

 

Lol,..I thought that was so cute and how the two dramas tie together.... in the Prodigal Healer, Zhao Lusi was always pining for Li Hong Yi, vs in Spring Flowers Autumn Moon, Li Hong Yi was chasing after Zhao Lusi for most of the drama.

Where could I watch Prodigy Healer? Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hell59 said:

Where could I watch Prodigy Healer? Thank you!

 

 

You can watch it on Youtube..I think the same official channel as the one that has "Spring Flowers, Autumn Moon" -- you can probably watch it on Youku, but Youku does not have English Translations... I did noticed that some of the episodes of Spring Flowers, Autumn Moon" they replaced some of the background music drowning out the dialog, probably due to copyright issues. ..the original on Youku has it better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jkfan said:

I think they have a very cute relationship between Father and son.  I can see why he is forcing his son to study poison/medicine and learning kungfu similiar to what Qiu Yue's mom did to him. However, it didn't seem like Qiu Yue's teaching method was as extreme as his mom to the point where the son did not know that she was his own mom.

Due to Que Yue being the leader of the sect and also having to fend off the other "Good" sects, one must have to be the best or have at least better martial arts than the rest of the world in order to protect those that you love.. which is what the author was trying to go after I think. And based on Shangguan Xiao Sing's (The son) it seems like there are people that are constantly trying to kill already and he is still just a child. So he has to have the best martial arts to save himself against those that are trying to kill him.

 

They seem to have a very playful relationship with each other. With Chun Hua as the mom, I don't think Que Yue would go overboard in his teaching, as Que Yue values a family relationship more so than being the ultimate leader and his ambition. I think this was due to his mom being so cold to him and him always being in the cave alone by himself during his formative younger years. The novel did state that the Que Yue's mom taught him to be an assassin in order for Que Yue to avenge for her to Xiao Bai's father. 

 

Que Yue's mom had to pretty much rely on several different men in order to survive, since she herself was locked in the cave with no food and water..basically she was left to die after Xiao Bai's father betrayed and left her and never came back for her.  She was very beautiful so men fell for her easily. She was used by some of the men that she had to rely on to kill others..this is in one of the stories that Que Yue tells Chun Hua.

 

So having his son being so playful with his dad, and having some teenager back talk to his all powerful father seems very warm to me, given Qiao Yue's background as a cold hearted killer to everyone else but Chun Hua.

 

 

Wow such as an enlightment :). I couldn't speak nor read mandarin, so I watched several episodes without knowing any detail information about his mother story. Although I'm guessing it might be in when QY and CH in cave? Which episode did he tell his mother story to her? 

 

That's why sometimes he mentioned about how he wants to have 'family'.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...