Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Spring Flower, Autumn Moon 天雷一部之春花秋月

I loved the epic end. It’s a happy one right?

QY’s sacrifice for love despite his desire to rule the pugilistic world (which was well within his reach after all the shenanigans) is highly commendable in my books. He is crafty and sly in achieving his goals but he did do his utmost to build a safety net around his love, and accomplished what he promised her.

It was moving to watch him struggle with his emotions when CH was drawing on her last few breaths - I could see him making up his mind about trading his lifeforce in return for her life while tears flowed from those pretty peepers. Gave up so much for her...only towards the end was the depth of what he felt for her become very visible, without a doubt. I wished the did a bit more about the leads after..lives with kids and all. Heh. But I am satisfied.

Kudos to Li Hong Yi for acting that out so well - he did awesome. 

• Love 2

3 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

I kind of skipped to the end of this series. Was everything a dream? I’m confused!

No, at the very end...they just went back to when Chun Hua first went back in time or (Virtual Reality) world and went into the body of Hua Xiao Lei (The owner of the body)....this is to show that Chun Hua's first sight was Que Yue clearly in case the audience thought that Chun Hua's first sight was Xiao Bai.

The virtual reality company said that the caveat is that the first person she sees will be her first love, the last scene is taking it back to the to the first episode and what happened prior to Chun Hua woke up. It just clearly shows that it was Que Yue who was there first when Chun Hua was still trying to wake up in her haze, she only saw the hair pin and the back of Que Yue....so she still loved the first person she saw which is Que Yue.

Que Yue just wanted to see how Hua Xiao Lei was supposed to have died, but still became alive. He was the one who gave Chun Hua her name.  I think he must have loved Hua Xiao Lei at some point until he thought she betrayed him. The drama didn't really say much about Hua Xiao Lei - from Que Yue's point of view, he seems to say different things about Hua Xiao Lei when he uses Chun Hua in his schemes. 

For Hua Xiao Lei to leave her family and be with Que Yue, there must have been something there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Que Yue is a great character, so multi-layered with a mischievous and deceitful aura. The long hair, I think super nice. I like this drama, the lightness and the joke.

I never expected to fall in love with QY character, at earlier ep, I didnt trust him, as he is cunning and calculative, but as eps gone by I find myself always looking forward to his presence on the screen, a bit scared but excited.. then I realize that he's just a lonely and tormented kid inside that finally feel some warmth for the first time from his precious "Meimei".

Li Hong Yi did such an amazing job here! Can't believe he's so young but had so much emotional depth in his acting. And his gaze in this drama is everything.. seductive, alluring and intimidating at the same time. And the aura he created aroubd QY is nothing less than amazing.

• Like 1

just finished this drama last night after binge watching for three days and i am still feeling bittersweet about it. its been a long time since i've enjoyed a drama and i cried like twice today just thinking about how it ended lmao

honestly i didn't expect much when i started watching it a few days ago, but after processing everything i realized how off-guard the series caught me. what started out as fluff and comedy in the beginning really shook my heart toward the end, and i think thats a solid, good thing despite how dragged on some parts of the plot felt. 

zhao lusi and li hong yi's chemistry is undeniable and so loveable even off cam/behind the scenes omg i am going to miss them so much :-( like they're literally perfect together!! i hope we can see them reunite for another drama sometime in the future!! zls is such a babie i love her

what's interesting, and what i personally really appreciated from this drama was li hong yi's acting - how he was able to portray qiuyue's character, who is so dynamic, sly & complex and how he was able to show character development (qiuyue's change/sacrifice overtime) through his facial expressions. it seems static and unchanging in the beginning (in terms of body language/facial expression), but as the drama continued i began noticing little things in his expressions (especially in the last two episodes, i found myself repeatedly thinking about how good their acting was lmao). i didn't feel nearly as impressed in prodigy healer but he was brilliant in this one. maybe i'll give prodigy healer another try just so i can see them together again hehe

lastly i really really really enjoyed seeing qiuyue and chun hua fall in love over time. i laughed with them and i cried with them :--( big sad

• Like 1