Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Spring Flower, Autumn Moon 天雷一部之春花秋月

oh boy oh boy

i am a huge fans of Li Hong Yi and Zhao Lu Si !!!!!! Loves Li Hong Yi's long hair.. sooooo smooth and silky! makes me sooo envy! 

By the way, i have watch till ep 10 raw ... i got confused.. both of them are siblings or not???? 

• Like 5

Spoiler

CH and QY are not siblings - they were lovers before CH lost her memory; she was Xiao Lei then, betrothed to XB but loved QY. 

After she she lost her memory, she began to like XB and was fooled into thinking QY is her brother. But it seems QY still has feelings for her and is caught between that and ambition. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

...ooh..I didn't know there are people in this thread...ha ha...I visited this before the drama started and I forgot to visit :D.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

16 hours ago, rocat said:

This light drama is my filler for the spaces I have between others. Enjoying the fun.

XB is the righteous gentleman who is a little too straight, a bit awkward and too polite. Shoots his mouth off and wears his heart on his sleeves. I don’t know why but he annoys me a little. I hv never seen the actor...

CH is the muse in all of the crazy machinations and power struggles. She’s a bit of a clown but I am so amused. Zhao Lusi is super in these roles but a little typecast since her characters across her dramas are fairly similar. She always makes me laugh - I like her so much! 

QY seems like the ambitious, cunning villain with a dangerous glint in his eye. He projects an image of a loner who wants to climb to the top of the pugilistic world and has no need for emotional companionship. But he seems to have a soft center and uses all kinds of tactics to keep CH with him - actions do speak louder than words. A little bit of a mysterious, long-suffering anti-hero. I wish they would do away with his antenna hairstyle :lol:

i am up up to ep9 at the moment when they revealed who CH actually is and her true relationship with QY. Kept me guessing and interested.  it also explained the cringey brother-sister kiss and affections in the earlier episodes.

Thanks For the review.  I was debating which of their recent dramas to start. Maybe I will try this as the hair and costumes are better than a Prodigal Summer :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

is this based from a novel? is this worth watching? how fluffy is the romance?

..yes, it's based on a novel..maybe you should try watching a few episodes and see if it's to your liking. I like it, most esp. because of the OTP that's why I'm watching it :D. Romance is kinda the focus so fluff is just perfect.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, raziela said:

Thanks For the review.  I was debating which of their recent dramas to start. Maybe I will try this as the hair and costumes are better than a Prodigal Summer :lol:

u love fluff u will love this one :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

@raziela

wise choice :)

the other one had characters that annoyed me without end...everything is pretty in this one, men included :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 8/1/2019 at 2:28 AM, angelangie said:

u love fluff u will love this one :D 

Haha!  Is this a good thing?

14 hours ago, rocat said:

@raziela

wise choice :)

the other one had characters that annoyed me without end...everything is pretty in this one, men included :P

LOL!:lol:

15 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

@raziela ..fancy meeting you here in this thread after Abyss...ha ha..:P

Ha ha...nice to see you over in this forum.  Let's hope this is better written :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Haha!  Is this a good thing?

pretty good if you love fluff as it will have you cringe......

it isnt very cheesy and the guy is really good at it :D as he did it with a straight face :D 

some slight twig in his facial expression however he is really good at it i say :D 

• Like 4

On 8/1/2019 at 8:27 AM, lightbringer06 said:

..yes, it's based on a novel..maybe you should try watching a few episodes and see if it's to your liking. I like it, most esp. because of the OTP that's why I'm watching it :D. Romance is kinda the focus so fluff is just perfect.

I tried it! Sadly, it's too lightweight for me!!! I mean I loved the silliness of Eternal Love but this one just doesn't do it. Shelved.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, raziela said:

Ha ha...nice to see you over in this forum.  Let's hope this is better written :D

Ha ha ha...yeah, am on episode 7 now, I'm trying to restrain myself binging it since the subs are quite slow :D.

1 hour ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

I tried it! Sadly, it's too lightweight for me!!! I mean I loved the silliness of Eternal Love but this one just doesn't do it. Shelved.

Oh, too bad...ha ha..well, this is a very light drama to watch anyways...might not everyone's cup of tea...just a drama you watch on a certain day while sipping a cup of coffee :D...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Omg...CH, QY frolicking in the cave :wub:

it’s like they were on their honeymoon. CH has become more sensible but QY is so unlike the ruthless QY we know...he’s such a insecure, lovey-dovey BF. So strange to watch, but oh so fluffy :blush: my toes are curling due to the excess. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

This drama is so good! Can't wait till next week. I hope the save at least 15 minute to show the extra chapter the author wrote. Li Hong yi to is very good looking. Their chemistry is off the charts. 

If they both do a modern day drama together, then it will be a true three lives tale for both Zhao lu si and Li Hong yi.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/13/2019 at 1:21 PM, jkfan said:

This drama is so good! Can't wait till next week. I hope the save at least 15 minute to show the extra chapter the author wrote. Li Hong yi to is very good looking. Their chemistry is off the charts. 

If they both do a modern day drama together, then it will be a true three lives tale for both Zhao lu si and Li Hong yi.

Oh, what was the extra chapter? Is it new?

I would really love to see them pair up again..they're still young so the next opportunity will certainly come.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 5:12 AM, lightbringer06 said:

Oh, what was the extra chapter? Is it new?

I would really love to see them pair up again..they're still young so the next opportunity will certainly come.

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=395278&chapterid=60

The above link is to the original writing by the author of the book. So don't read it if you don't want spoilers.

I have translated the extra chapter below, this is a spoiler, so don't read if you don't want to know what happens to Chun Hua and Qiao Yue!

Spoiler

To summarize the extra chapter -  This is my own translation so don't steal my work!

Two figures up on the tree. One  big and one small. 

With a full head of white hair, similar to the ice cave's white snow, with a perfect face that one can't find any fault in, one can't categorize him as old.  He sits on the tree branch holding a lambswool sheet.. 

White hair sees black hair, the child who sits in the tree branch across from white hair appears to be 13 or 14 years old.

In white clothes, two beautiful faces with a pensive expression,  makes this particular scene strange as if they are at odds with each other.

"How was it? I created it." 

"Why did you write it on the lambs wool sheet?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) with a serious face answered , "Mother said that the best Martial Arts must be written on lamsbswool sheet.  I had to search for it far and wide. Last month, I went down the mountain, and found a group of business people and had to fight for the lambswool sheets."

"So these two martial arts technique, are you able to master it?" Shangguan Qiao Yue  threw the Lambswool sheet back to Shangguan Xiao Xing.

"Why not, this and that," Shangguan Xia Xing  traced the the two martial arts technique with his hands, and found out that it is indeed very hard to master it, as such, he rolled up the lambswool skin and put it away.  "Well, when I have time, I will show you the martial arts technique. I found out who the spy is, how shall we proceed?"

Shangguan Qiao Yue smirked - "You already found him, why are you asking me?"

"Mom said to not kill people, but for some reason, even when I don't normally kill people, they are cooking up ideas to kill me. I have such a pitiful life,  due to  being your son." Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) thought for a bit, and took out a medicine jar, " How about I feed this newly formed pill that I created. If he doesn't die, then he is lucky, if he dies, then it means he just has bad luck."

Shangguan Qiao Yue took the medicine jar and opened it to see the pills: "Is this your new pill? You want him to be your guinea pig?"

Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) nodded yes: "I was going to try it myself, but I was afraid, because the counter pill didn't seem to work well." With an innocent laugh: "If he dies, Mother would be angry, but if I die, Mother will be very sad."

Shangguan Qiao Yue warmly said: "Dad would also be very sad."

"Finally, words that I can actually believe in."  Shangguan Xia Xing (Little Star) said, taking his jar back, "That is why, in consideration of you and Mom, it is better to allow him (the spy) to try it instead."

Shangguan Qiao Yue - "I don't care who is the guinea pig, it does not concern me."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) held his chin and smirked - " Every time I do something bad, Mother knows, the person who tells her sure have some abilities."

Shangguan Qiao Yue replied: "It is because you are stupid."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - " You know who it is?"

Shangguan Qiao Yue replied:" I know, but I won't say who it is, you should use your own abilities to find out and fix the issue."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) laughed.

"It's there, it's there!" a voice from far away with urgency can be heard. A ten year old little girl holding the hands of a Mrs. came running. The Mrs. is about thirty years old, wearing thick clothing, the little girl was in pretty clothes, she has wit and charm, with big eyes, small sharp nose, and small mouth.

Mrs. ran to the cliff, with a frown, " You guys just have to cut down so many perfect fully grown trees!"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) was listening and quickly tried to stand up, but his feet slipped and his whole body started falling, he tried to grab onto something to break his fall but was unable to. His whole body started aim for the floor.

The Mrs. face turned white and she started to scream. At this time, a white figure, almost snakelike came out from the tree, headed for Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star), catching him by the foot and hanging him like a crab.

The Mrs. went from scared to mad: "You guys were playing a joke on me?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) started  swinging from the white string and smirked: "Mom, when I am playing with dad, you shouldn't come."

"You are my son, I can't come?" the Mrs. turned her face :" Shangguan Qiao Yue "if you try to convince him to learn the poison craft, then I dare you to!"

"I didn't, if you don't believe me, you can ask him." The person on the tree innocently smiled, and raised his hand to guide the string back.

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) jumped to the ground, and ran to his mom and "pak" kissed his mom on her face" "Mom"

"The Mrs. glared at him and pushed him away : " You are already ten+ years old, yuck!"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) showed his disappointment: " It is because you are my mom, if it was someone else, I would never kiss her!" He then looked at the little girl next to him, with a sweet smile and soft voice  "Little sister is the best, come, let's have a kiss."

Little girl was at first stunned, but quickly came back to her senses, and started stepping back: "Mom....."

Mrs. pulled him: " I told you, you need to keep your hands to yourself, why are you so bold now?"

Shangguan Qiao yue didn't change his expression, smirked and kiss his son on the face: "Good Son."

The Mrs. pointed at the two, and said: "You two......", she dropped her hands, and changed her expression to being angry, turned around and started to leave: "You two, stop being so disgusting, how old are you exactly Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)!"

The little girl angrily glared at Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star), " You did that on purpose!"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star):" I am your big brother, come and play little sister."

The little girl turned around and hurriedly ran to the Mrs. to leave with her.

When the two have gone far,  Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) jumped from Shangguan Qiao yue's embrace, and used his sleeves to wipe his face: "Just because I called you dad, you don't have to be so disgusting alright!"

Shangguan Qiao yue replied: "It is because you are my son, I wouldn't kiss just anyone."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) couldn't come back with good reply, he said: "Does mom like good kids? She is so cute when she gets anxious, I just have to tease her."   He looked down and touched the Many Love Thread, "This is very good stuff, when are you going to make me one?"

Shangguan Qiao yue took the Many Love Thread back and coiled it up "I will give you one."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - " I was just teasing, even if you give it to me, I don't want it. If I took it, I would be exactly like you! My Mother must not be right in the head,  you are by her side, yet she still dresses me to look exactly like you." He pulled on his clothes as if he is disgusted by the clothes: " I absolutely hate the color white, this 'Thousand Moon Cave' is covered in white snow during winter time, no one can see me!"

" It is because she thinks I am that beautiful." Shangguan Qiao yue  in good spirits said, " That is right, you are older now, what kind of clothes would you like?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) replied: "Ones with designs, red and green colored."

Shangguan Qiao yue " You want to look like a girl?"

"Who said only girls can wear red and green clothes." Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) wasn't angry and lowered his voice and softly laughed, "the day before, General Cheung told me an interesting thought, do you want to know what it is?"

Shangguan Qiao yue replied: "He must have said, your dad always lock you up and force you to research poison and learn martial arts, how about we kill him, and make you the leader instead?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) in serious tone: "They won't dare to say those exact words, however the meaning is about the same."

Shangguan Qiao yue smirked: " After you kill me,  your Mother will be very sad. She along with your brother and sister will need you to take care of them. If you don't become the strongest, and if I am no longer here, you will definitely die in their hands."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) - "Little brother I will protect, as for little sister, since she is filial, then I will begrudgingly protect her, she is really dumb."

"It is precisely because she is dumb, that is why she can be easily used by others, you can treat her nice, but do not let your guard down. "

"Mom even have her on guard with me, she thinks I don't know that she is not my biological sister."

"It is because your Mom can't have girls, as such, she can only adopt one.  Since General Cheung have the audacity to lead you astray,  perhaps we have been treating him too well, don't you think we need to clean out the garbage?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)  - " You can kill them, I will take care of Mom and little sister."

Shangguan Qiao yue : "Don't you think we should think of a trap for them to fall on?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) : " You......" his words was cut short, and in a moment he couldn't move.

Shangguan Qiao yue laughed and carried him, " We absolutely have to at least play the part, so that they can believe and that is when we can lure them out so we know who they are don't you think?"

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) started screaming : "NO!I DON'T WANT TO GO IN THE ICE CAVE! I WILL NOT GO IN, I WILL TELL MY MOM!"

Shangguan Qiao yue : "I will tell your Mom that you went down the mountains to play, don't worry, I will personally deliver your one meal per day."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star) :" When are you going to let me out?"

Shangguan Qiao yue: "Didn't you invent the new Martial arts technique, why don't you learn it, perfect it then I will let you out."

Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star): "But that is impossible, I just made it up! Even you found the weakness of my Martial Arts technique. I don't even think one can even learn it."

"You won't know unless you tried it" Shangguan Qiao yue unfroze Shangguan Xiao Xing (Little Star)'s freeze spell, and left.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jkfan said:

The above link is to the original writing by the author of the book. So don't read it if you don't want spoilers.

I have translated the extra chapter below, this is a spoiler, so don't read if you don't want to know what happens to Chun Hua and Qiao Yue!

Oops!~...I almost read it...LOL...thank you..I'l check it out after I finished the drama :kiss_wink:...

Watched the ending. I think they spent too much time talking about the death of the doctor. I wish they gave Li Hong Yi more screen time especially for the last episode. I  feel like too much time was wasted on flashbacks and the boring case of who killed the doctor. Probably because we all know who killed the doctor already, They should have a special episode of just Chun Hua and Chau Yue, especially the life after the drama chose to end. 

Oh well, this drama is very cute and did hold me captive to want more, it still made me want more after the drama ended. I credit this to the two main leads. Zhao Lusi and Li Hong Yi have awesome chemistry. The show did a good job of them both in their own worlds. Both of them steal the scene equally. The other four co-stars seems to be just there and didn't catch my attention.. Xiao Bai did not have me rooting for him like I would most second leads lately.

• Like 3

@jkfan Wanted to say thank you for translating the extra chapter & do you know if there is an English translation for the entire novel?

• Like 1