[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

39 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@thistle Between GS's father and JI's father, I would choose the latter from the parents' generation. LTH is the worst in my opinion.....

I would choose SH over GS in the younger generation. Sh is the worst.....

Agreed on both counts! 

JIDad thinks only of himself; at least GSDad is trying to do something for his son, even though he has it all wrong.

As annoying and stubborn as GS is, he is nowhere near as bad as SH.  SH is actually a criminal who needs to be prosecuted for spousal abuse and also for his fishy financial dealings.

10 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

with these news, it will get the attention of the media, once she files for a divorce and the abuse is revealed. LSI was actually protecting him all this time, when she asked for a divorce. 

I think that SI was protecting her parents, too, because she did not want her mother to be sad and because her dad used her by making her marry SH.  This is the time that her fame can come to her advantage and also, hopefully, protect her when it becomes clear that SH is abusive.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, INJINFAN said:

@Hushhh,

I love director Ann Pan Seuk.  My first Kdrama was SITR with many of the same actors that are in Spring Night.  He loves to work with an ensemble crew.  Next I watched Secret Love Affair, and I have started, but not finished "A Wife's Credentials".  I plan to watch "Heard it through the Grapevine", also.  They are hard to watch because they deal with such real life, gut wrenching heartbreak.  All are melodramatic and thought provoking.  You are right about his interest in the class system in Korea.  In SITR and SLA, both women fall in love with someone who is not accepted in their family's social circle.  "A Wife's Credentials" deals with the insane competition in upper class society for children to excel academically and the pressure that puts on their mothers, who see it as their number one job.  (I think that is what Sky Castle is about also.). We barely (last minute) got a happier ending in SITR; I wonder if it was in the original script.  Makes me wonder how Spring Night will turn out; hope he listens to viewers.  He must be great to work for, because actors keep coming back to him.  Son Ye Jin said he promised that she would eat and sleep on time, one of the reasons big stars often turn down 16 episode tv dramas because of the grueling schedules.  Apparently he is better at scheduling, so that everyone does not have to come and stay all day and night.  And notice all the eating during filming; not a coincidence.

Interesting the One Spring Night writer Kim Eun also wrote Something in the Rain. I'd say these drama deal more with the middle classes.

Jung Sung-Joo wrote Grapevine and Secret Affair about the uber rich and powerful. Although it sounds oxymoranic, I think of  Grapevine as a modern day sageuk drama.

22 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Releasing the news that LSI is pregnant will backfire on SH. He thinks that this revelation will stop her from getting a divorce. However, with these news, it will get the attention of the media, once she files for a divorce and the abuse is revealed. LSI was actually protecting him all this time, when she asked for a divorce. She wanted to come to an agreement. She wanted to avoid any scandal... she wasn't just protecting her career, in the end, her actions were protecting her husband's reputation. This scandal (pregnancy, divorce due to abuse) will have an impact on the citizens and might change their view about single parents. 

Yep, dude made a big mistake releasing the pregnancy news. She already told him not to make her hate him more and he is doing it exactly:expressionless:. Indeed, you made a good point about her protecting his reputation. She wanted the divorce to be clean and mutual but SH doesn't think too far and that's what is gonna screw him up. Now the only thing I'm worried about is when the scandal breaks out. I want SI to get restraining order and her mom to be in her house for company. I won't put pass SH to beat her up and make her miscarriage because the scumbag knows the baby is the one she is really protecting:(

@thistle You got to be kidding me lol:joy:. I love those people who made that poll Imao:mrgreen:. Though they should have that "Both" option:ph34r: as well. 

Finally! The not legal sites posted the raws just a couple of minutes ago.  I have been waiting very impatiently.  Now they also need to post the JDorama that I have been watching--today is the final episode and I NEED to know how it ends!  Still waiting for raws from a JDorama that ended last week.  (Unlike Korean which I don't get at all, I can understand some Japanese.)  Thank goodness KDramas get posted faster!

Gonna go scan my way through the raw because today I cannot stand around waiting for subs.  

I have just gained a greater appreciation for recappers and commenters because I just tried taking notes while watching (mind you that I do NOT understand Korean at all except for "I'm sorry" and "I love you") and it was hard!  Probably my last time doing this and it is probably riddled with mistakes and bad spelling, so just take it for what it is worth!

Thoughts on the episode:

• GS looked acutely uncomfortable with an apparently drunk JIDad.
  • The outside of GSDad's house looks like a prison and even the gateway looks more like cell doors.
  • Thank goodness JI was wearing a nice pair of high heels and an outfit that didn't look totally frumpy when she went to see GSDad.  I've noticed that it's her shoes that have been making her outfits look more matronly than necessary.
  • In the episode where JI met GS dad, I had the feeling that she is the kind of woman he would choose for himself, so that's a little creepy.  And I wondered about that again today.
  • This was the first time JI has used the bed in her apartment since Jae In came to stay.  She has always taken the floor like a good big sister.  And speaking of the apartment, it seems that the parents own it and could kick the sisters out.  That is worrying.
  • What is GSDad up to  giving those surveillance pictures to GS?
  • Although JH's mom seemed to like JI right away, I have to wonder what is gonna happen when she finds out about the mess that JI's family is in with SI's divorce and JI's breakup issues with GS.
  • JI dad is despicable taking SH to SI's apartment.  Just despicable. From the look on SH's face when he is alsone with SI, you just know he is itching to backhand slap her.  Evil.  He's also gonna use JIDad anyway he can to his advantage--wonder if he will try to coax an "investment" out of him.  Oh they are a nasty pair.
  • The washing detergent PPL made me laugh.  And JHMom spying on JH & JI from the window made me smile.....still worrying bout when she finds out that JI is technically a "two-timer"  Oh my
  • Why GS hugged JI, I was screaming at the screen:  Step on his foot, Use your knee, Do something to get this creep off!
  • I was FFing through so I don't know what is going on with the two Dirty Dads and that legal document.....that can't be good.
  • And JI goes dashing out of the library at a moment's notice again.  How does she even keep her job?  LOL
  • Love how comfortable the JaeJae couple are together and how YJae just takes over the phone to talk with JI.  He's a good guy.
  • JH facing down GS who just doesn't get it and has a weird scrunched up expression on his face.
  • I can never tell whether library friend is helping or not.
  • Love the trust that JH and JI feel with one another in spite of the stuff that is going on around them.  Love how they are both embarrassed by the photograph on the beside table.  The background music and the cutaway scene to the clothes dancing in the wind is just perfect.
  • And that preview!  JI is never gonna forgive GS for spilling the information about JH and EU.  

4 hours ago, unknown12 said:

FINALLY THEY MADE IT! :lol: 

Now please JH put a ring on her finger! Quick! Before GS did!

for a better brightness :D

P.S. I LIKE HOW THE PD WORKED THIS SCENE TO A HEART FLUTTERING ONE INSTEAD A SEXY ONE THAT IS TOO COMMON

Oohmmm..... i am in heaven!!  My heart fluttered so badly when i see how JH strokes JI hair in the bed and i felt such a big peeping tom... but end up laughing so hard at the turning of the picture.  One of the ig description i read it said not for under 18.  Haha!

Is divorce the trend nowadays?!!? LMFAo! Oh Jae-In ah how you crack me up:lol::w00t: I guess you can sort of say so with SOng-Song Couple..:P

What you think doesn't matter... / Divorce is not an option... / Who would marry into a family with a divorcee??:rolleyes:

I had the same look on my face as Jeong-In's mom when her dad kept spewing continuous nonsense again:rolleyes: The same look of disbelief & incredulousness, actually I have that facial expression all through this drama LoL. Yup if anything I learn that in order to maintain one's pride, you must keep suffering in order to not be gossiped about:crazy: YIKES.:angry: It's probably not surprising how many (Koreans) are suffering in silence with their many mental health issues, harboring suicidal tendencies, being afraid of failure etc.. 

13 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

It's probably not surprising how many (Koreans) are suffering in silence

Or why there is a crisis in the low level of marriages and births because so many young people are refusing traditional lives.  With these sorts of examples in front of them, who would blame them for saying no?

After watching the episode with subtitles, I am even more disgusted by LTH. The latter really knows that his daughter is a victim of domestic violence and he is well aware that the divorce will happen, hence he is trying to marry off JI before the scandal is revealed. 

Yes, GS will send the pictures to JI's parents in order to force JI to give up on JH.

@gm4queenAbout JI's selfishness. First, JH didn't want to accept the ring, she tried to give him back but he refused. JI is walking on a very thin path: she can not be so rude because of her father's request. She still wants LTH's acceptance for her new relationship. Besides, she didn't even open the box at all. What bothered me is not that she took the ring with her but that she didn't tell JH about this. GS's father seems more decent than LTH because he sent the pictures to his son so that he could make a decision: giving up on JI or not. Furthermore, he is much more respectful than LTH in the end. He allows JI to express herself. I can understand why JI refused to admit that she was seeing someone else because she was trying to protect JH's reputation: the one who destroyed the couple GS-JI.

I had wished that LTH is punished for his selfishness and greed... his wife would get a divorce. And see, even JI's mother expressed her wish to get a divorce. Maybe she won't get through it first, but if LTH doesn't change his behavior, I believe that this divorce could come true. Her daughters are so important to her which I totally understand.

Remember that I had written much earlier that GS would try to ruin JI and JH's reputation and I believe, this is going to happen next week. As conclusion, he is doing the exact same thing than SH. Both are manipulating opinions (SH leaked the news of her pregnancy in order to stop LSI; GS has already told people that he proposed to JI and she took the ring!!).

I hope, the bomb explodes next week: LSI has filed for divorce and ASSAULT!! And this will ruin everything for GS. He will never be able to marry JI with such a scandal.

I have access to subs but no time to watch. So skipped to the JH scenes. I might delay watching it till next week. It's not because I am patient but because I read about the dads. It's kind of stomach churning that he thinks domestic violence. Or any violence towards his precious oldest child is excusable. I used the word "precious " intentionally.

That is so sad and bad on so many levels I can't watch the scene. Since I have read the spoiler. A person should live life with some ethics or morals. The father has none. Somehow every time someone condones violence and rape against a  person I don't think it's right. So why rush to watch the episode?

I am going to work then have more work tomorrow anyway. So this episode will be put on ice so I can watch both next Thur am.

I'm confused.  Is GS's dad telling JI, "It's OK if you're seeing someone else.  Take your time; get it out of your system.  I don't care about frivolous things (affairs?).   Just come back to GS when you're ready. Don't make a rash decision."  This seems a little too openminded because he does say he doesn't want her to break GS's heart.  Wouldn't having an affair break GS's heart?  Will GS still want her if finds out they are sleeping together?  And then his father sends GS the pictures, so he wants him to know that he knows, or maybe to show to her parents?  Also, why did GS's dad smile so slyly going down the stairs after talking to JI's father?  His last words were, "Then maybe they aren't meant to be."  Huh?

1 hour ago, INJINFAN said:

I'm confused.  Is GS's dad telling JI, "It's OK if you're seeing someone else.  Take your time; get it out of your system.  I don't care about frivolous things (affairs?).   Just come back to GS when you're ready. Don't make a rash decision."  This seems a little too openminded because he does say he doesn't want her to break GS's heart.  Wouldn't having an affair break GS's heart?  Will GS still want her if finds out they are sleeping together?  And then his father sends GS the pictures, so he wants him to know that he knows, or maybe to show to her parents?  Also, why did GS's dad smile so slyly going down the stairs after talking to JI's father?  His last words were, "Then maybe they aren't meant to be."  Huh?

I think GS's dad give GS a support (fake one) but deep down he's happy that JI won't be his daughter in law, it's like he shows in front of his son that he is very supportive but actually he is not at all, that's my interpretation of the whole scene.

It's reverse psychology @INJINFAN Gi-Seok's dad fully knows his situation hence he sent him pictures of Ji-Ho with Jeong-In together in hopes to get him to make his mind up faster(?) Although Gi-Seok fail to receive the Know When to Concede memo:rolleyes:

Can we like get Scarlett from Search:WWW to kick his @$$ so that he gets a freaking clue!!??:P

I do however wonder why Jeong-In didn't throw the ring back in whats-his-face as Jae-In said but knowing how nice Jeong-In is that would be too much to ask I suppose<_< By being so complacent she's giving Gi-Seok hope which is not how breakups work damn it. 

I seriously can't believe that prick hubby of Seo-In's was actually proud he knocked her up & still has the audacity to ask for parental rights tsk. OY. 

When i am watching live last night, i want to hold JI and shake her while she is meeting with GS. As if my mind is saying why are you doing that. Shove the ring into his face and get done with it lol. But watching the episode with subtitles, in a way i understood her. It is really GS who can't understand. Loved the episode. We have great 12 episodes already. I agree divorce is a trend now a days lol. As long as there is trust and love, JI and JH will make it. I love it that her future MIL likes her and her mother will get a divorce too. Waiting for the next episode is harder as usual:wub:

And they are no. 1 yay. I hope they maintain it until the end. Save the best for last:D

Inquiring minds want to know - what is the cube appliance (product placement I'm sure) in Jeong-In's apartment? It's a white cube with an aqua/green ring. An air filter?

Looks like maybe her parents also had one next to the hot water dispenser, though their's was all white.

Archived