[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

42 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

For me, his emotional abuse occurred over 4 years and drained out JI. And it is as terrible as physical abuse.        

Bravo!  You've hit the nail right on the head.  He is Not a loving guy with a flaw.  GS is bad news, plain and simple.  Perhaps only people who have actually had to deal with an arrogant passive-aggressive can understand how damaging their relationships become-- there is no "right" partner for people like that.

It is becoming more and more clear that GS doesn't know how to behave in a relationship and that he doesn't even know how to behave to keep friends.  He is all about control and feeling superior.  We have seen him often having dinner with a group of guys but ONLY guys who are lower in rank than him that he can feel superior to.  He ends up annoying his co-workers and threatening JH's friend who also works at the bank (forcing him to show "proper respect").  And he even manages to chill off his old music buddy, too.  Toward the end of episode 10, he has no one left who will listen to him and he's getting drunk alone.

GS also shows his true colors when he starts going behind JI"s back to try to control her.  He tries to use money to get her awful brother-in-law on his side.  And then when he goes to SI, GS uses every tactic to try to get her say-so, too, to the point that he actually accuses JI of "not being in her right mind" for being with JH.  If he could, GS would get probably get JI locked up so that he could regain control.  Marrying him would be something like that.

I genuinely worry what GS is going to get up to in the next episode when he tries to force the marriage issue despite JI's absolute refusal.  And it is also of concern that JH says that GS is only interested in taking him down--that makes me wonder if he's trying something financial through the bank against JH and/or his parents.  We saw on JH's phone (when he was sending money to his dad to pay for the Soju they drank at the cleaners) that he has an account at the NH bank where GS works.  Would GS go that far?  Maybe.  We still have six episodes to go and a lot could happen.

.........and I have an unrelated question:  when JH was talking to his dad, dad said that JH had been "like a needle on thin ice" all this time.  I have never heard that expression, so I don't know what it means.  Can anyone enlighten me? 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thistle I have not heard of that expression either but it sounds like he meant: JH can break any second. If you poke a needle in a thin ice, it will break. We know JH is really sensitive and I guess dad knows him well.

@tok-soompi wow I didnt know that she is holding chopsticks. People did observe it to the detail.

i think JI goes to JH’s house then cooks some ramyon (maybe?) since we can see the pan on the table. JH goes home and smells the ramyon.

He says, “Did you make some ramyon?”.

JI then approches him then replies “ Yes. Do you wanna have some?” When he says, “Yes”, she kisses him to share the taste. :tounge_xd: just some wild imagination. Sorry cant contain it.

5 hours ago, diane90 said:

On ne change pas l'équipe qui gagne !

We don't change the team who wins !

The same writer works with the same PD and the same team of actors ' almost)

and now, the same team of ..........OST singers hehehehe !

After Racheal; I think in ep 10 there's ...............Carla Bruni :blush:

But i am glad they got JHI again.  He proves his acting chop and i personally prefer this mature role that he needed to protray.   The team also know how to get the right next actress for him. Haha!  Maybe he suggested since he already got the chance to work with senior before.   Hee!!

My thought for last episode

i think it normal to GS for act angry when she sees JI with JH. He think by JI willing to meet with his dad. She still have feeling for him (and i blame his dad to not telling the truth) well, even though you just break up...like JH said, he need time to realize it. When you meet your ex gf with other man just after she breakup with him, it naturally to him to felt betrayed, because JI first said, lets break up with no reason. That nonsense to break up with no reason in real life. Yes, JI is tired for 4 years long relationship with him..but she still endure it because at that time she don't have JH in frame. But like it or not..the trigger to their breakup is JH. 

and about him ask getting support from her sister by exposing JH single father is not quite clever move. But i understand why he come to her sister first.. because JI listen and respect to her sister, so he hope her sister will help him amend their relationship. It a childish move of him but it still right think to do. And him blaming his father is also understandable. He never felt that his father proud of him..probably working in bank is one of thing that he do to make his father proud. From my point of view.  His father never show him that he love him. Or GS has to have very low self esteem to realise his father love. I feel pity for him in this part. When someone have a very low self esteem, it difficult for them to love them self, if someone love him he will treat them as a possesion  not respect them as person--this probably what JI feel from their relationship. Lack of respect and not being priority. 

on the other hand, i love how JH characters. He really mature at heart. Probably because he experienced a lot before so his understanding about GS is on point. 

i can't wait to see next episodes. Probably in next episode we will see JI father character on how he handle things. I still have vague feeling to JI father character. Until next week then. 

8 hours ago, thistle said:

Bravo!  You've hit the nail right on the head.  He is Not a loving guy with a flaw.  GS is bad news, plain and simple.  Perhaps only people who have actually had to deal with an arrogant passive-aggressive can understand how damaging their relationships become-- there is no "right" partner for people like that.

It is becoming more and more clear that GS doesn't know how to behave in a relationship and that he doesn't even know how to behave to keep friends.  He is all about control and feeling superior.  We have seen him often having dinner with a group of guys but ONLY guys who are lower in rank than him that he can feel superior to.  He ends up annoying his co-workers and threatening JH's friend who also works at the bank (forcing him to show "proper respect").  And he even manages to chill off his old music buddy, too.  Toward the end of episode 10, he has no one left who will listen to him and he's getting drunk alone.

GS also shows his true colors when he starts going behind JI"s back to try to control her.  He tries to use money to get her awful brother-in-law on his side.  And then when he goes to SI, GS uses every tactic to try to get her say-so, too, to the point that he actually accuses JI of "not being in her right mind" for being with JH.  If he could, GS would get probably get JI locked up so that he could regain control.  Marrying him would be something like that.

I genuinely worry what GS is going to get up to in the next episode when he tries to force the marriage issue despite JI's absolute refusal.  And it is also of concern that JH says that GS is only interested in taking him down--that makes me wonder if he's trying something financial through the bank against JH and/or his parents.  We saw on JH's phone (when he was sending money to his dad to pay for the Soju they drank at the cleaners) that he has an account at the NH bank where GS works.  Would GS go that far?  Maybe.  We still have six episodes to go and a lot could happen.

.........and I have an unrelated question:  when JH was talking to his dad, dad said that JH had been "like a needle on thin ice" all this time.  I have never heard that expression, so I don't know what it means.  Can anyone enlighten me? 

First, thanks a lot for the compliment! :) But I can return the compliment because your analysis helped us to see how wrong GS is. It proved that GS is treating everyone else in a similar way, his colleague HS, his friend from the band etc. I am quite sure that at some point, people will be disgusted by him as the bullying of HS is really visible for his co-workers.

There is actually a reason why I am quite sensitive about mental and emotional abuse. I can only say that someone from my family suffered from it for many years. His ex-partner has a narcissistic personality disorder (among other things) in my opinion and was a control freak. It is a terrible experience and it leaves long term aftereffects. First, he lost all his friends and we as his family could barely see and even phone him. Just like in JI's case, it totally transformed my relative's personality. Not only Jae In said it, we can see too that JI has been affected by GS's temper and mood because after one quarrel with JH, she asked him if he was going to yell at her. She asked this question because she had been used to this kind of behavior. In this drama, GS is just a work freak hence it allowed her to spend time with her friend. Yet, we could sense that JI wouldn't meet her sister LSI so often and based on Jae In's comments, the viewer observes that Jae In hadn't been close to her sister for many years. Only after seeing GS at the basketball game, she saw GS as someone assertive hence she didn't know him that well. JI never confided to her sisters which underlined that GS did affect JI's relationship with her sisters and family.    

29 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I just hope she can do better in not rubbing salt to the wound by "moving in fast lane with JH". I think that should be at least the courtesy for ending a long term relationship.

Agreeing with you, especially when all parties involved are within close vicinity. 

It is JH who made it clear for her that she should end things with GS. While she already said that those confused feelings are already there but it is just that she has not acted on those before she met JH. JI knows that people will perceive it differently and she will be viewed as someone who is dating 2 men. But sometimes and most of the time, when you are in love, you only tend to see yourself and the person you love. She has asked a couple of times to break up with GS but he won't let her. The thing is she asked him for a clean break up. As she said, whatever she wants to do in her life, it is already not GS's concern. But i agree, she should have waited as JH also said. But i think it will also not matter if she and JH waited since in GS's mind, he will not let go of JI. It is better to act on her feelings now rather than wait and get pestered by GS. He needs to move on that is the sad truth.

One more to get through the week:wub:

31 minutes ago, richelle said:

It is JH who made it clear for her that she should end things with GS. While she already said that those confused feelings are already there but it is just that she has not acted on those before she met JH. JI knows that people will perceive it differently and she will be viewed as someone who is dating 2 men. But sometimes and most of the time, when you are in love, you only tend to see yourself and the person you love. She has asked a couple of times to break up with GS but he won't let her. The thing is she asked him for a clean break up. As she said, whatever she wants to do in her life, it is already not GS's concern. But i agree, she should have waited as JH also said. But i think it will also not matter if she and JH waited since in GS's mind, he will not let go of JI. It is better to act on her feelings now rather than wait and get pestered by GS. He needs to move on that is the sad truth.

One more to get through the week:wub:

If she had waited, then GS would have hoped that they could get back together. If she had waited, GS would have kept acting as if they were still together... Don't forget that he called her during the same evening proposing to eat dinner together which she refused. For GS, they were still together because he had said so: nothing had happened. He would have claimed that he was still her boyfriend, if she had no one else by her side.

Yes, it is painful for GS... but mostly due to his bruised pride.

JH wanted to be considerate towards GS which shows JH's decency but the thing is that he doesn't know how GS was behaving during these 4 years. In JH's mind, if this relationship lasted so long, then they must have been happy in the past. Yet at some point, they drifted apart. Nonetheless I believe, this is not what really happened. GS could do anything to JI: drinking with his co-workers, even visiting host bars, preferring spending his evening working than remaining by JI's side (see the episode 1)... He never respected her which is the reason why JI said that he always looked down on her. JH has no idea about it. If he knew the whole story, he would no longer be so thoughtful. 

The reason why I can't sympathize with GS character here is because his anger/madness about this whole situation is not over the issue of Jung in not wanting to continue this relationship the sole reason is why JIHO? A man who is nothing in front of him as said by giseok,I simply can't stand people who try to look down/belittle others( it's a different kind of abuse). Remember when GS said that if he found that his partner is betraying he would leave her, a man can say "let's break up" numerous times but when a women tries then it's all about man's pride.Jung in doesn't have this holier than thou attitude she admits being selfish,mean,can hurt people with her words. *EDITED* not exactly torned to choose in between jiho and gs but surely would have sympathized and feel bad for him if the former had said something like this-how can you betray me,i had always loved you or please give me some time to move on even for once.Love word well we never listened from either of them.It true that Jung in started to see the underlying issues which she ignored in past only after jiho came into the scene and no matter what they do specially "about giving time" -She is the woman who was two timing and jiho is the one who took her -ji. GS himself admits that if there was another reason he would have said ok let's break up but he can't see Jung in throwing herself in fire pit why?just because jiho is single dad?.As Jung said that they both are responsible.What happened after she said all those things and cleared it - He went to her sister asked her to help him to not let Jung in make bad decision why because the man she is seeing has CHILD,if he really had loved her the only reason to meet her sister would be to ask Jung in to understand him, give him some time or they can try to mend their relationship together if seo in helps them. Okay let's give him a slide on this then what next? he asked Ji dad to fix a date for wedding despite knowing what her feelings are but no let's ignore by dragging her into forceful marriage. I was really pissed with Ji when she asked Jiho to leave library from backdoor and if she had continued to be like this then it would had been a major turn off but anyway everything got out in open which was bound to happen one day. If giving time was the solution then GS wouldn't have made out Why jiho?

p.s loving all the discussions here

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

There is actually a reason why I am quite sensitive about mental and emotional abuse. I can only say that someone from my family suffered from it for many years. His ex-partner has a narcissistic personality disorder (among other things) in my opinion and was a control freak. It is a terrible experience and it leaves long term aftereffects. First, he lost all his friends and we as his family could barely see and even phone him. Just like in JI's case, it totally transformed my relative's personality. Not only Jae In said it, we can see too that JI has been affected by GS's temper and mood because after one quarrel with JH, she asked him if he was going to yell at her. She asked this question because she had been used to this kind of behavior.

I also have personal experience with this form of abuse in my immediate family so it is a hot button issue for me.  It is an incredibly damaging thing.  I hope that your family member is getting all the love and support he needs now.

When I read what you wrote, it occurred to me that JI's change came about not only because she met JH but also because Jae In came to stay with her.  Since both happened at almost the same time, it's easy to miss the importance of Jae In's arrival.

Jae In says what she thinks and, unlike her sisters, she is unaffected by having an abusive partner.  However, the damage done by their emotionally intolerant blustering father has taken a toll on her, too, because Jae In was in the position of being potentially damaging herself (remember that she has a the threat of a stalking charge against her in France).  I suspect that Jae In has come back to Korea not only to get away from the trouble but also to reflect and change.  If anyone can be helpful emotional support and intuitive insight to JI and SI, it's Jae In who has been on the other side.  Jae In has proven herself to be a strong and supportive sister--like offering advice to JI when they go to meet their father and like keeping their secrets despite being grilled by their well-intentioned mother.  Jae In sees the change in both of her sisters because she knows them well; she is the one to remind them of who they are.

Jae In is certainly a catalyst.  I wonder how much she really knew deep down when she invited JH and YJ into the apartment.  Certainly she was aware of trouble when GS came to the door.  She was immediate and very clever in dealing with him, too, because she took control of the situation and he saw that she was stronger than he was.  He would not come into the apartment, and I think he was a bit intimidated by her.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

If she had waited, then GS would have hoped that they could get back together. If she had waited, GS would have kept acting as if they were still together... Don't forget that he called her during the same evening proposing to eat dinner together which she refused. For GS, they were still together because he had said so: nothing had happened. He would have claimed that he was still her boyfriend, if she had no one else by her side.

In GS's mind JI is a possession.  He owns her.  What he says goes.  He cannot imagine her having thoughts or rights of her own. 

Unfortunately he is so emotionally stunted that he does not even realize how wrong he is; he sees only himself as right.  Something major is going to have to happen for him to become aware.  And that's the dramatic element that has me worried.

Archived