[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

@Dhakra I liked all the points you made, but especially this one: Young Jae in JI's apartment folding the paper of the flowers and not knowing where to put it and due to insecurity just trying to put it somewhere? 100% me!

I also laughed during the previous episode when he opened the can of spam and promptly spooned some out that fell on the floor. I was trying to decide if that was scripted/directed or just a mishap during a take that they decided to keep.

Also anyone know what Ji-Ho was frying up to go with their ramen? It kind of like to me like spam, so I couldn't figure out why Young Jae was opening more.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely episode.

And in what might or might not have been the point, I'm going to follow JH instruction and be in full sympathy with GS.

GS might be an richard simmons, but I was totally feeling sorry for his underdeveloped selfhood.

His conversation with his father was heartbreaking.

The fact that his father has someone following him and taking pictures is disturbing.

The fact that he is discovering every rule he knows about the world does not apply when he needs it to apply is sad.  

Maybe he walks like a 50 year old man because he thinks like a 50 year old man.

What a great episode last night!

There are many scenes that I like, from the suspense, sad, sweet, bitter we got them all in one episode.

I especially love the mellow song when they walk in the park captured in a slow motion. So beautiful! The lyric is so on point too. I cant get enough of our OTP scenes.

Anyway, I also replayed the preview of the next episode many times. It is true that the kiss will be in JH apartment. I compare it with the scene where JH cooked for YJ. 

I love reading all your comments and opinions ❤️  Anyone knows about the rating? Please do share. Thanks

7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

In case he gets breathalyzed. You know how some people claim that they just rinsed their mouth with mouthwash if they blew a positive breath?

And soju has like 20%. Commenting because I breathalyze people. Sometimes. In my work. Lol.

I bet you breathalyze as a hobby. lol

1 hour ago, adibadiba said:

What a great episode last night!

There are many scenes that I like, from the suspense, sad, sweet, bitter we got them all in one episode.

I especially love the mellow song when they walk in the park captured in a slow motion. So beautiful! The lyric is so on point too. I cant get enough of our OTP scenes.

Anyway, I also replayed the preview of the next episode many times. It is true that the kiss will be in JH apartment. I compare it with the scene where JH cooked for YJ. 

I love reading all your comments and opinions ❤️  Anyone knows about the rating? Please do share. Thanks

Their ratings last night was 6.1 and 7.7. .2 lower than ALML lol. Yesterday they are up by .2 too. Very close:)

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

Lovely episode.

And in what might or might not have been the point, I'm going to follow JH instruction and be in full sympathy with GS.

GS might be an richard simmons, but I was totally feeling sorry for his underdeveloped selfhood.

His conversation with his father was heartbreaking.

The fact that his father has someone following him and taking pictures is disturbing.

The fact that he is discovering every rule he knows about the world does not apply when he needs it to apply is sad.  

Maybe he walks like a 50 year old man because he thinks like a 50 year old man.

I can not feel sorry for GS.

1. When he criticized his father for embarrassing him because he hadn't told him that JI had expressed that she wouldn't marry him, he has to blame himself for this situation. First, when his father asked to meet JI and realized GS's surprise and discomfort, the father asked him if they had broken up. GS denied it and we all know that he was lying. Furthermore, he used his father to stop the break up, when JI announced it for the third time. Back then, he really thought that with his father's status he could win her over. That's why he thought, the deal was done with the meeting hence he bought the ring. To me, he used his father in that scene to his advantage. So he created this embarrassing situation for the father who expected something else. His own lies came to bite him.
  2. Notice that he blames his father for not accepting JI earlier but the point is that GS never tried to introduce her to his father. He never put the effort. He blames the father, when it is convenient for him. However, we could see that his father does care for his son: he pushed his son to go further and even helped him by asking the father not to meddle too much in the couple's life. Yes, he observes his son because the latter keeps lying to him, however I believe, his love for his son exists but he has been a terrible father as he goes from one extreme to the other. He definitely spoils him (showing his constant support for JI, the money, allowing him to use the gym for his basketball games), while he keeps saying harsh things: you're immature aso. To sum up, the father's love has been misguided and turned him into a terrible father: wrong education. 
  3. Yes, the father is overbearing and treats his son like a child. Fact is that GS is acting like a child. Furthermore, the lesson of life as human is to be able to find your own path... distancing oneself from the parents is a necessary process in order to find your own identity. Instead of putting a "fight" with his father and showing him the boundaries, GS didn't even try to really fight against his father. He is not even able to recognize that without his father's support, he would be a normal person. He resents his father but at the same time takes profit from his father's status.

That's why I say that GS is really immature and a hypocrite. He will always try to blame someone for his own failures: JI, JH, his father, HS aso. The list will get longer and longer at some point. Mark my words: when the scandal with SH is revealed, I believe that GS will resent him for ruining his chances. GS was even willing to lend him money, although he knew the financial situation and even his own father warned him. He is the one who makes the decision, then he should take his responsibilities, when his delusion is destroyed.

No one forced him to harass HS and JI, work with JI's father... Imagine, they organized everything for the wedding and he is stood up at the altar because JI never agreed to it. Who would be responsible for this humiliation? JI? No, GS would be responsible for this embarrassing moment, yet I am quite sure, he would blame the father (for not being strong enough to force JI to appear) and JI. 

Besides, there is another reason why JI couldn't imagine herself married to GS as the latter behaves like a child. The constant threats of breaking up could be seen as the behavior of a spoiled child who wants to make sure that he can impose his will on his parents, in his case his partner. JI has recognized her own mistake: she allowed him too much and stopped complaining. She acted as if she loved him, where she could no longer feel love for him. GS took her for granted because he treated her like her "mother" who would never abandon him and always accept his mistakes, like f. ex. visiting host bars with colleagues and women. But we all know that a mother can abandon a child, when she views it as a huge burden, just like in Eun Woo's case. GS used JI's feelings as a sensitive and responsible person to his advantage.

From my point of view, he only wants the whole focus on himself, he needs the attention hence he never paid attention to JI's needs and keeps acting as a generous co-worker who keeps paying dinners and drinks. I doubt that GS has ever been thinking about family and having kids. That's why his points for a marriage were: a comfortable life (where there is no child), time spent together and his father. It was never about love and family. His only focus is "a single father" and as such, he doesn't perceive the existence of the child in reality, his attention is only on the father. Eun Woo is the reason why JI felt attracted to JH more and more. With Eun Woo, she could feel the warmth from the family, something GS will never be able to create. GS doesn't express the wish to want to create a family.   

Damn the moment when jiho went upto Giseok collar with that Bgm the direction was so good:thumbsup:.

Seriously everytime giseok says"it's pity not love" make my blood boil,this man is stooping so low just cause the person that Jung in fell in love is nothing acc to him heck even his band friend was bit pissed off.I didn't felt bad for Gs when Jung in told the truth about that meeting with his father cause he is still going on n on smh!

When Jung in silently went after jiho asked her to go first I loved this moment (there are so many little moments in this drama that makes my heart swoon)

I liked what Jung in said -"Us being considerate and understanding doesn't really matter to anyone"Giseok doesn't need time that's the truth.He said in earlier episode that -It isn't about winning" tbh who he is trying to fool :vicx:

Jae-in and young have scenes give us a bit of laughter lmao him that vase :Dand when jae in said-kiss me and you die lol I would like to see more about them and how their rel progress (he was definitely thinking about himself when he asked about whether his father can get physical too :D)

Them going to his parents workplace another heartwarming moment I love it when our couple open their hearts and that soft talks between them made me swoon. What made jung in falling deep in love with him is how jiho places her first he listens to he doesn't try to dismiss her feeling  and responded by holding her hands followed by kiss that was sweet :wub:.

tumblr_ptftssraaK1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Spoiler

tumblr_ptfttuDISW1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Appa is fully going to support our otp

I just hope they wont hold back anymore as more hurdles are coming in their way.

Dance with me life is dream,we can take the rains......Follow me into the clouds lift upon the breeze ahh this song is love

How much I crave for their happy moments them being adorable here 

tumblr_ptftwnIPxA1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Spoiler

tumblr_ptftvxSKfX1we1ub0_1280.pnj

tumblr_ptftweeF9T1we1ub0_1280.pnj

tumblr_ptftx4IOhU1we1ub0_1280.pnj

The contrast when jiho was walking alone that day watching couples together and here he has Jung in with him now :wub:

tumblr_ptftxgsMUr1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Hoping that eomma will stand by Jung in I know she will be startled at first but with seo in situation I think she will understand and support her daughter decision

@bebebisous33 totally agree with what you said about GS.

58 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I can not feel sorry for GS.

That's why I say that GS is really immature and a hypocrite.

I don't disagree with you. 

I think the writer's/production's intent in Episode 10 was to stir sympathy for GS.  They put that intent into JH's mouth (and made JH more of a prince for saying so).

I totally get why the majority of the forum has no time or sympathy for GS.

I was taken aback by how low his self esteem is.  

He looked baffled as to why what he knew was no longer true. I sometimes see that look on kids' faces and it always breaks my heart even when that kid is a grownassman.

I know his behavior will get worse an d I suspect like JH I will lose patience with him.

Also, especially with yesterday's episode, i get a sense that I'm losing a lot of the language based subtly in the interactions. A lot of the reactions that I'm seeing doesn't seem supported by the sub-titles.

When will people in the drama stop reacting as if being an single parent is some fatal contagious disease.:crazy:

I found JI's adoration on Eun-Woo a little out of the blue because she's only, [if memory serves me right] had two interactions with him.  But then JH was attracted to her after only one interaction.

54 minutes ago, Pmyonly said:

Seriously everytime giseok says"it's pity not love" make my blood boil,this man is stooping so low just cause the person that Jung in fell in love is nothing acc to him heck even his band friend was bit pissed off.

I did think it was funny that after his friend tried to help HS by letting him know his girlfriend was cheating, that same friend lost patience with GS's nonsense and ran away to the bathroom [I assume to kick himself since GS obviously deserved to be dumped].

42 minutes ago, hushhh said:

I don't disagree with you. 

I think the writer's/production's intent in Episode 10 was to stir sympathy for GS.  They put that intent into JH's mouth (and made JH more of a prince for saying so).

I totally get why the majority of the forum has no time or sympathy for GS.

I was taken aback by how low his self esteem is.  

He looked baffled as to why what he knew was no longer true. I sometimes see that look on kids' faces and it always breaks my heart even when that kid is a grownassman.

I know his behavior will get worse an d I suspect like JH I will lose patience with him.

Also, especially with yesterday's episode, i get a sense that I'm losing a lot of the language based subtly in the interactions. A lot of the reactions that I'm seeing doesn't seem supported by the sub-titles.

When will people in the drama stop reacting as if being an single parent is some fatal contagious disease.:crazy:

I found JI's adoration on Eun-Woo a little out of the blue because she's only, [if memory serves me right] had two interactions with him.  But then JH was attracted to her after only one interaction.

No, she had three interactions with Eun Woo. But it even started very early.

JI got in contact with EunWoo in the episode 2, when she listened to JH's conversation with his son. That's how she got to know his name and realized that JH was lying to Eun Woo (claiming that he hadn't been drinking). Moreover, her interaction with the girl at the library showed that she didn't dislike kids. And this showed that she became curios about Eun Woo.

The third interaction was when JH was talking to his son over the phone at JI's house. She tidied up her room while listening to the conversation. At some point, you could sense that she wanted to talk to Eun Woo but even JH's son asked for her. They had a quite lovely conversation which moved JH so much that he even started having tears in his eyes. The viewer could feel that JH was loving JI even more for that conversation. One of my favorite scenes (JI-JH-EW)!

As for GS's low self esteem, I am not so sure because of his huge pride. His pride seems to be a contradiction to a huge lack of confidence. His insecurities are linked to the father. In my opinion, he doesn't feel loved and recognized by his father, that's more his biggest issue. He knows what he is capable but he would like his qualities to be acknowledged by his father which the father never does. The latter always points out his flaws. At some point, GS has become deaf to all these critics. 

Seo in should be the last person giseok should approach to talk about Jung in as she herself knows how it feels to be like in this kind of suffocating relationship where your feelings are dismissed by your partner repeatedly.Seo in words -Do you believe that this can be remedied? Gs- Does it seem impossible? Seo in definitely didn't liked the response cause her husband falls in the same category. Rather than being surprised I think seo-in was worried when gs revealed JH being a single dad that's why she immediately messaged Jung in.

Seo-in and Jung in conversation,This is me when she said -I adore Eun woo,I found myself cherishing for him:bawling:

tumblr_ptfvqmftV21we1ub0_1280.pnj

You will be a good mom :tears:

tumblr_ptfvv4i6Nr1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Lol them teasing jiho it was really sweet scene between them,we have Jung in sisters on her side and probably their mother will join them too

Jae in right that Giseok is as much of loser as sihoon is and jung in shouldn't let this slide.(i guess in preview jiho is finally over this whole we should give time gs specially when he is asking to fix marriage date to ji father shamelessly)

Jung in being considerate about jiho as she said she knows how miserable it was to be ignored by gs parents and jiho will have a lot tougher - I love her!

Their outing with friends lol I loved it how fast jiho replied when Jung in said -so what you don't like me ,jiho-I like you despite that ji-eventhough I am not affectionate? Jiho-  it's fine  because I am affectionate :D Jung be like 

tumblr_ptfww6Pvte1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Me holding onto this drama as waiting for 1 week is painful lol 

tumblr_ptfx1jr6ih1we1ub0_1280.pnj

And I loved that Jung in initiated the kiss this time :wub: she probably went to jiho house after her convo with her father.

tumblr_ptfxat6asL1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Jung in preview -Thanku god ,I fell in love :tears::heart:

P.s about the rating (eventhough it's doing pretty good)for me this drama is beyond all this, moreover high rating doesn't guarantee a quality drama(for ex take my ajusshi  av rating was around 5-6 considering how good that drama was it deserved way more)just my personal opinion.

46 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, she had three interactions with Eun Woo. But it even started very early.

JI got in contact with EunWoo in the episode 2, when she listened to JH's conversation with his son. That's how she got to know his name and realized that JH was lying to Eun Woo (claiming that he hadn't been drinking). Moreover, her interaction with the girl at the library showed that she didn't dislike kids. And this showed that she became curios about Eun Woo.

The third interaction was when JH was talking to his son over the phone at JI's house. She tidied up her room while listening to the conversation. At some point, you could sense that she wanted to talk to Eun Woo but even JH's son asked for her. They had a quite lovely conversation which moved JH so much that he even started having tears in his eyes. The viewer could feel that JH was loving JI even more for that conversation. One of my favorite scenes (JI-JH-EW)!

As for GS's low self esteem, I am not so sure because of his huge pride. His pride seems to be a contradiction to a huge lack of confidence. His insecurities are linked to the father. In my opinion, he doesn't feel loved and recognized by his father, that's more his biggest issue. He knows what he is capable but he would like his qualities to be acknowledged by his father which the father never does. The latter always points out his flaws. At some point, GS has become deaf to all these critics. 

Yes more than 2 interaction.

The meeting in the library with the gift of dinosaur books.

The phone conversation in the bedroom.

The 2nd library meet when Eun Woo was scared because he couldn't find JH.

As best I understand it big ego/low self-esteem sometimes go together like bully/coward. 

Sometimes the huge is a over compensation for the low self-esteem

Let us be creative and gather every possibility how GS's plan to marry JI with LHT's support is going to be stopped:

- JI goes to GS's father asking him to stop this farce

- JH meets JI's mother so that the latter chooses JH over GS. But JI is not aware of it. JH asked for Jae In's help.

- LSI intervenes and reveals her intention to divorce SH because of the abuse

- JI goes on hunger strike

- JI posted a picture of herself with Eun Woo and JH on social network telling how happy she is

- JI asked for her mother's support and introduces JH to her mother

- JH organize a meeting between his parents and JI

- The mother threatens her husband with a divorce if he wants to repeat the same mistake.

Any other ideas?

6 hours ago, sally2 said:

@Dhakra I liked all the points you made, but especially this one: Young Jae in JI's apartment folding the paper of the flowers and not knowing where to put it and due to insecurity just trying to put it somewhere? 100% me!

I also laughed during the previous episode when he opened the can of spam and promptly spooned some out that fell on the floor. I was trying to decide if that was scripted/directed or just a mishap during a take that they decided to keep.

Probably a mixture of both. :D I could just relate so much, I would have done the same thing to cover my insecurity. 

@bebebisous33 I will go with the options-

-Seo in intervenes revealing the abuse and pregnancy to her family specially to father cause he needs to know what forced marriage has done to his daughter.

-Jung in asks her mother support and introduces jiho to Mom

-would like to add few points about Jung in meeting jiho father so that he can assure his wife 

-GS father rejecting Jung in dad idea 

-another confrontation scene with jiho and giseok as jiho said if wouldn't let it slide if gs does something again

3 hours ago, Pmyonly said:

Seriously everytime giseok says"it's pity not love" make my blood boil,this man is stooping so low

Me, too.  And when I thought about it, I realized that it's really GS who got pity from JI instead of love.  If he realizes that at all, it could explain why he keeps accusing JH of getting pity instead.  But I don't think he has the self-awareness for that.  GS is very immature.  He childishly puts the blame on everyone but himself.  He's like a brat throwing a tantrum.

.........and editing because I forgot (again) to say something else.

About the options:  I think that whatever happens will happen because JH steps in and shows his true strength and maturity.

Did I hear this wrong?  Isn't there a line in the preview where he says something about being tired of JI stepping in front of him to protect him?  I have a feeling that JH is ready to take charge (in a good way).

Archived