Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our cutest and adorable Father and Son, Ji Ho and Eun Woo. :wub:

 

And the caption of this tweet made me laugh.   :grin: 

“If next week you are still not with Jeong In, then let us be... please let me be!” 

 

 

MBC twitter update. 

 

  • Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, anyeze said:

Dear @Hui Fang Ng and @richelle, I resynced and uploaded the subtitle with ads for you! You can find it I'm sure... :-) Enjoy!!!

 

Thank you very much chinggu. Appreciate it. But can't find it lol. Can you email me the link. Thanks again.

 

@Koosleethank you chinggu too:) I hope the links work tomorrow.

  • Like 8
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, JI started dating GS because he asked her and she had no reason to reject him. Since she said that they were never lovey-dovey from the start which was confirmed by her colleague and friend YJ, I suspect that JI had no strong feelings for GS, when she accepted GS as her boyfriend. She just went with the flow... her sister got married to SH and SH was an acquaintance of GS. She might have thought: "why not?", since he showed interest in her.

 

As for GS, JI could help him not to feel lonely as he had to give up his dream and his friends. Notice that he returned to his friends, the moment he realized that JI was leaving him. This is no coincidence that he visited his friends from the band.

 

Right now, I don't think, he chose JI because she was strong-willed because she never showed anything like that before. She let him rule her life. I also noticed that when she felt uneasy/unhappy with GS (episode 1), she never voiced it, she remained silence which GS noticed. However, JI gave up and said that this was nothing. I have been watching the episode 1 again after knowing the evolution of their relationship, we can clearly see that JI had never expressed her feelings in front of GS that's why GS could often threaten her with the break up... she never expressed her disappointment. She allowed him everything therefore he could say that she had always been lenient towards him.

 

To sum up, GS and JI never loved each other from the start that's why their relationship was doomed from the start. IT has nothing to do with a long relationship. In the first episode, JI even prefers spending time with YJ than with her boyfriend (first scene and in the scene 19:00 in the car). GS even chose work over her.    

  • Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bebebisous33, I like your first paragraph about how GS and JI got together; casually, mutual friends and why not?  We don't know when GS started working with the bank, but the beginning of the relationship could have been when he was still in a band.  If SH and GS were friends, JI may have been taken with SH and SI out to hear them. It obviously developed into a sexual relationship and that doesn't happen  without some affection.  So, they didn't start out passionately (lovey/dovey), but developed over time into a couple.  At some point he started working at the bank and my speculation is that they started having friction then.  He becomes too busy to spend time with her, they start arguing, somewhere he says he doesn't always win, and apparently he threatens repeatedly to break up because of his short fuse.  When he says, "You can say you dumped me", it is probably because family (except his) and friends have accepted them as a couple and would expect some explanation.  They were never really passionately in love, but lots of pairings and marriages are like this.  GS refers to the honeymoon of the first month of a relationship, but says then it falls into a routine.  He was satisfied with this, especially as his work life made more demands and I think he wanted to marry her because he didn't have the time, energy or even desire to start over.

She expressed unhappiness to her friend before she met JH, friend doesn't really like her relationship with GS but JI tells JH later, that she had been confused for awhile, but just put off dealing with it.  She has no role model relationships with which to compare hers.  She wishes for "a passionate relationship where you don't get hurt", but she may not know if it is really possible.  Then she refers to meeting JH as 3 seconds that can change your destiny.  She has never felt this before and it pushes her to examine her feelings and relationship with GS.  All relationships don't start out with this electricity, but it is hard to ignore if you keep running into each other.  It is palpable and really hard to fight against.  They are like magnets.

  • Like 13
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, INJINFAN said:

@bebebisous33, I like your first paragraph about how GS and JI got together; casually, mutual friends and why not?  We don't know when GS started working with the bank, but the beginning of the relationship could have been when he was still in a band.  If SH and GS were friends, JI may have been taken with SH and SI out to hear them. It obviously developed into a sexual relationship and that doesn't happen  without some affection.  So, they didn't start out passionately (lovey/dovey), but developed over time into a couple.  At some point he started working at the bank and my speculation is that they started having friction then.  He becomes too busy to spend time with her, they start arguing, somewhere he says he doesn't always win, and apparently he threatens repeatedly to break up because of his short fuse.  When he says, "You can say you dumped me", it is probably because family (except his) and friends have accepted them as a couple and would expect some explanation.  They were never really passionately in love, but lots of pairings and marriages are like this.  GS refers to the honeymoon of the first month of a relationship, but says then it falls into a routine.  He was satisfied with this, especially as his work life made more demands and I think he wanted to marry her because he didn't have the time, energy or even desire to start over.

She expressed unhappiness to her friend before she met JH, friend doesn't really like her relationship with GS but JI tells JH later, that she had been confused for awhile, but just put off dealing with it.  She has no role model relationships with which to compare hers.  She wishes for "a passionate relationship where you don't get hurt", but she may not know if it is really possible.  Then she refers to meeting JH as 3 seconds that can change your destiny.  She has never felt this before and it pushes her to examine her feelings and relationship with GS.  All relationships don't start out with this electricity, but it is hard to ignore if you keep running into each other.  It is palpable and really hard to fight against.  They are like magnets.

I agree with your observations but since GS was the only one who pointed out the first month of the "honeymoon", it actually clearly shows that GS had more feelings towards JI than she had towards him and he was the one who asked her out. JI remarked that they were never lovey-dovey from the start which implies that JI's heart had never been so touched like it had with JH. But GS didn't love JI that deeply because he didn't really respect her. 

 

However, in the first episode, we clearly see that JI has definitely a romantic side which she hides pretty well. She is annoyed, when GS mentions the marriage in a casual way. Then with her colleague, she declares: "The first encounter could be all you need to be smitten by someone, like destiny".  

And the fact that she doesn't believe in horoscops indicates her strong will. She explains to her friend that she doesn't like horoscops because she feels restrained: "don't do this, don't do that". This didn't catch my attention during the first viewing, but it already showed that JI has always been strong-willed and doesn't like being told what to do but she allowed it with her boyfriend.   

  • Like 9
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can I add that I think JI becomes GS' gf just because a sort of rebellion against his Dad who doesnt  like of him being a musician..JI being a rebound of his frustration .

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read someone comments i think in dramabeans that the writer trust us to remember the conversations that are mentioned few episodes back.  That is why the civil servant want to be is so embarrased.

 

I find the sentence interesting in ep 13-14 (extract from dramabeans):

"she admits that she still wants to hope for a relationship where she isn’t the only passionate one, and a love where she doesn’t get hurt."

 

Somehow i felt that she did put in effort before but slowly erode to become what it is and no desire it to end up in marriage.  I find that GS temper also tamed by JI as he knows very well when she is angry but i guess she always gotten hurt in the end after their fight and end up like what we see in ep 1.  She just remain silence as a way of disagreeing but avoid any arguement.

 

if i remember correctly, gs is attracted by ji because of her strong character.  But i guess he also tamed her in many ways.

 

i agree with all the not so good examples surround her.  She should feel very disheartened with marriage too.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

I read someone comments i think in dramabeans that the writer trust us to remember the conversations that are mentioned few episodes back.  That is why the civil servant want to be is so embarrased.

 

I find the sentence interesting in ep 13-14 (extract from dramabeans):

"she admits that she still wants to hope for a relationship where she isn’t the only passionate one, and a love where she doesn’t get hurt."

 

Somehow i felt that she did put in effort before but slowly erode to become what it is and no desire it to end up in marriage.  I find that GS temper also tamed by JI as he knows very well when she is angry but i guess she always gotten hurt in the end after their fight and end up like what we see in ep 1.  She just remain silence as a way of disagreeing but avoid any arguement.

 

if i remember correctly, gs is attracted by ji because of her strong character.  But i guess he also tamed her in many ways.

 

i agree with all the not so good examples surround her.  She should feel very disheartened with marriage too.

 

 

 

Yes, even JI said that after seeing her sister's marriage, she was kind of disenchanted by marriage. I have the impression that JI did put a lot of effort to maintain her relationship with GS like you pointed out. However, deep down, it was no real big love. 

 

I have the feeling that JI is someone who has a great sense of responsibility hence she always tries to do her best at everything. This explains why JI accepted all these threads of break up coming from GS. By doing so, GS made her feel guilty somehow... as if she was to blame for the break up. Furthermore I realize that she is always attempting to solve her problem with GS on her own. She aks for advice from her friend and sibling, yet she wants to solve her problem on her own. Now, JH is teaching her to rely on him which she never did before. 

And that is the major reason why GS is so lacking. In their couple, they never acted together, GS led his life without telling what kind of work he was doing. She had no idea about his job, there was no real communication. He told her what he was doing but that was it. When he was busy, he was happy that JI would spend time with her friend YJ so that he could work at home.

 

As conclusion, GS and JI never had deep conversations and never spent time together, except eating and going home together. 

  • Like 11
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

I read someone comments i think in dramabeans that the writer trust us to remember the conversations that are mentioned few episodes back.  That is why the civil servant want to be is so embarrased.

 

I find the sentence interesting in ep 13-14 (extract from dramabeans):

"she admits that she still wants to hope for a relationship where she isn’t the only passionate one, and a love where she doesn’t get hurt."

 

Somehow i felt that she did put in effort before but slowly erode to become what it is and no desire it to end up in marriage.  I find that GS temper also tamed by JI as he knows very well when she is angry but i guess she always gotten hurt in the end after their fight and end up like what we see in ep 1.  She just remain silence as a way of disagreeing but avoid any arguement.

 

if i remember correctly, gs is attracted by ji because of her strong character.  But i guess he also tamed her in many ways.

 

i agree with all the not so good examples surround her.  She should feel very disheartened with marriage too.

 

 

 

 

YES!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This afternoon I happened to be stuck in my office for a couple of hours and I didn't feel like working on stuff so I decided to re-watch episode one of Spring Night.  I'm midway through, and I had to stop to share what I just barely noticed during my first watch:  GS and his dad are a lot alike, in a bad way. 

 

The first time we see JI and GS together in his car, he continually puts her down in sly little ways.  Like telling her that she is "always like that" and that she is the one at fault.  He even tells her just to get out of the car and he leaves before seeing that she gets in the apartment entrance.  He makes it painfully obvious that he takes her for granted and that he doesn't really care.  On her part, JI acts as though she has been rained on too many times and that's she so ground down there's little point fighting.

 

GS meets his father for lunch but GSDad has already ordered before GS arrives.  This implies that he can't be bothered to take any extra time with his son and also that he doesn't care what GS wants to eat.  He makes it clear that he wants GS to dump JI and find someone "better for business" purposes.  He says things that are subtle insults about GS as well as JI.

 

When GSDad shows up at JIDad's office, he is at it again subtly.  It's JIDad's office but GSDad is very clear about taking the leader's seat.  Yes, he is in charge of JIDad but taking his personal seat at the office is a big put down, and it shows that JIDad is cowed.  GSDad then proceeds to make JIDad uncomfortable by letting him know that JI had better marry someone else.  Before he leaves, he insists that JIDad meet him for lunch.  He says "Don't you want to?" before JIDad even has a chance to respond.  And then he adds insult to injury by saying, "tomorrow or another day" as though he is the only one with a schedule to keep.  GSDad does all this to show who is top dog, and JIDad is left whimpering.

 

GS is employing the same sort of subtle intimidation tactics with JI.  He obviously learned this at home and he may not even realize quite how devastating it can be in a relationship.

 

I knew I didn't like GS and his dad right from the outset, and I can see more clearly why on re-watching.  That passive aggressive nonsense is the worst!

 

And I was reminded of something I learned years ago about how Not to argue with your Significant Other:  Don't use the words "always" or "ever" when you are upset and talking about the SO's behavior ("you always do this" or "you never do that") because it's aggressive and unfair; instead, you should say "I felt sad when you cancelled our date (or whatever the incident was)" because you need to express how you feel and not accuse about what SO has done.

 

So hearing GS say that "you're always like that" thing really got on my nerves.  I bet that's something he heard a lot from his dad at home when he was growing up.  We fight with others the way our family fought with us.  It's bad behavior that we can unlearn but GS doesn't seem enlightened enough to be aware.

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thistle I had a lot of free time today hence I started watching the episodes from the start again, just like you. You are so point on about the similarity in the behavior between GS and his father. Both act as they are superior to others and keep looking down on others. While GS's father is trying to meddle in his son's life, GS is doing the same with JH's life. In the episode 3, he even makes the comment that they should find a lady for him. He is definitely not different from his father. He doesn't respect JH and his feelings.

 

While in the past, I used to think that the coincidences of GS's appearance around JH could be a clue that he was already aware of JH's attraction towards JI, I realized that these scenes had a different purpose. GS's words and actions actually reflect something else:

1- When he visits JH at the pharmacy, he asks for vitamins because his girlfriend is recently stressed. His words outline that he is blaming JI for the momentary struggle in their couple. His words show that he doesn't even question his own behavior.

2- When at the restaurant, he asked her if there was someone else, it was the same. He is indirectly implying that someone else could have attracted JI's attention/affection. So here again, he was implying if she was cold and distant, it meant, someone else was responsible for the struggle in their relationship.

At no moment, he even asked himself if he hadn't done anything wrong. Either JI or someone else was responsible that JI was not so happy with the marriage. To sum up, he is clueless because he doesn't listen to JI's words. She asked for more respect but he kept pressuring her.

 

Furthermore,  something else caught my attention about GS's words. He considers marriage as a duty because from the start, he keeps mentioning "we should get married". "We have been together for so long hence a marriage is inevitable". It is all about duty and convenience. In other words, just like his dad, he considers this marriage with JI as a business, while he keeps saying to his father that he wants to marry for love. He is a hypocrite. As for the father, he complains that his son is immature but in reality, he has become like that because of his father's remarks. Like the father, like the son...

  • Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

At no moment, he even asked himself if he hadn't done anything wrong. Either JI or someone else was responsible that JI was not so happy with the marriage. To sum up, he is clueless because he doesn't listen to JI's words. She asked for more respect but he kept pressuring her.

 

Furthermore,  something else caught my attention about GS's words. He considers marriage as a duty because from the start, he keeps mentioning "we should get married". "We have been together for so long hence a marriage is inevitable". It is all about duty and convenience.

 

Exactly!  And he's so much about the "convenience" in a relationship that he takes sex for granted, too--not sure which episode it was but the line was unforgettable: couples don't need permission.  He is so wrong.

 

And GS is also so wrong-headed when he takes pot-shots against JI such as you mentioned.  It shows how little respect she gets and how much he thinks he deserves.

 

At the end of the first episode, it was impossible not to notice how very different JH is with JI.  When she wants to meet at the pharmacy, there's no question:  he's running to her, even though he doesn't know why she wants to see him.  He won't talk outside in the cold weather either because that's not good for her.  Then he gets her a cup of tea (un-asked) to see that she's warm and welcome. 

 

How long has it been since GS made her feel warm and welcome?  Has he ever?  It's no surprise that she would immediately fall for JH's kindness since that is something she has been starved of.

 

Some people have mentioned JI's difficult personality.  It's true that she can be hard to read.  She's tsundere (gruff at first but kind underneath that), and I think that must come from growing up with a dad like she has.  He's just as controlling and demeaning as GSDad; becoming tsundere is a means of self-protection when you've learned as a child that others cannot be trusted.  To a degree, JI has some similarities with her dad because she tends to order people around (like her library buddy and like JI when she corrects his parenting).

 

Speaking of the library buddy, I don't entirely trust her.  The first thing we hear her saying to JI is that she would like to trade for GS.  A lot of truth comes out in jest, and I'd bet she's jealous of JI.  That is likely to mean she could make trouble (either intentionally or accidentally) with JH.

 

Hard to believe we're at the halfway point with Spring Night.  I'm gonna have to re-watch the rest now.  :)

  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love reading everyone's thoughts on this.  I love how daily mundane interactions have so many meanings in this drama that displays characters' personalities.

 

What is everyone's thoughts on how JH's refusal to pay for JI's meals? I didn't think much when I first watched, but now I believe it meant something like if i am buying a meal, it's a date, and we're dating.

  • Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kooslee said:

I love reading everyone's thoughts on this.  I love how daily mundane interactions have so many meanings in this drama that displays characters' personalities.

 

What is everyone's thoughts on how JH's refusal to pay for JI's meals? I didn't think much when I first watched, but now I believe it meant something like if i am buying a meal, it's a date, and we're dating.

I also feel now it's a running joke between them, something they talk about in jest, like an insider thing. I find it cute. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That reminded me that during the time they were trying to be "just friends" and he was going to drive her home, she looked like she thought he might open her car door and he intentionally did not.  I think JH used to be a practical joker and enjoys teasing her.  She is not quite sure how to take him at first. Once she gets that he is kidding, she enjoys teasing back.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, INJINFAN said:

Interesting subplot idea....Now that potential civil servant is backing off Jae In, what if the other banker friend. HU (?), tried to officially date Jae In?  He has left all sorts of foreshadowing that he is desperate to meet girls, he wishes he had a girlfriend who had him on a leash, he called both sisters gorgeous, and seemed offended that Jae In asked him where he worked and didn't remember that he had already told her he worked at the bank.  Interesting if he actually pursued her, potential civil servant might get jealous and realize he has feelings for her, and Jae In would finally have the attention she craves. I think she would pick the potential civil servant (PCS), even though her parents would prefer the other based on his resume.  She became starry eyed about him at the karaoke place when she heard his beautiful, romantic voice.  He is shorter and not as good looking, but she seems to truly like him and I think he is genuinely a responsible nice guy.  The only hitch to this fantasy is that HU demanded that JH and PCS stay away from both sisters to avoid KS's (his boss) wrath.  This could change once JI and KS really break up and KS shouldn't really care who Jae In dates.

Earlier I thought Potential Civil Servant would have to see Jae In pursued by someone else to see her value, but apparently we are going to skip right over that step.  He already regrets dumping her and banker friend says his eyes are swollen.  From crying?  Maybe intense studying, but he responds saying he is no longer seeing Jae In and he dumped her.  He doesn't seem happy about it.  Also when it is discovered that celebrity newscaster, his ideal, is Jae In's sister, he seems upset remembering Jae In's conversation with him about SI. I think he already misses her and we can expect an attempt to reconcile at some point.  Wonder how hard a time she will give him before she gives in?  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

Spring Night will complete the making film by early July.  

 

Thanks for the info. Time flies and we are halfway of this drama.

 

Happy Monday... 3 more days to go and can't wait for the kissing scene. :wub:

 

1560479802.gif

  • Like 10
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...