[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may just be my interpretation but it seems as if GS didn't seem happy or relieved that his father approved JI.

I know that GS is having problems getting JI to marry him, but he still thought he had enough of shot to invest in a ring. Although his father's approval remove an obstacle for him and addresses one of the reason JI gave him for not wanting to marry him, he looked more disappointed after his Dad's approval than before.

My "theory"  is that marrying JI is GS act of defiance against his father.  HIs father made him give up music for a more practical profession.  In response GS chose JI, which was meant to show he was his own person and would't do everything his father wants.  Now that JI's been approved by his Dad, winning her over is doing his Dad's bidding.   I don't think that it is an accident that GS went to see his former band members after JI gained his father's approval. 

23 minutes ago, hushhh said:

My "theory"  is that marrying JI is GS act of defiance against his father.  HIs father made him give up music for a more practical profession.  In response GS chose JI, which was meant to show he was his own person and would't do everything his father wants.  Now that JI's been approved by his Dad, winning her over is doing his Dad's bidding.   I don't think that it is an accident that GS went to see his former band members after JI gained his father's approval. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  This makes sense for GS backstory.  

Another reason he may have gone looking  for his old musician buddies, is that all his newer acquaintances

know JH.  Remember he was new to basketball alumni group and was invited by coworker/subordinate at the bank, who is best friend s with JH and KS doesn't want to talk to him.  Otherwise, in 4 years he really hasn't developed another friend group.  What will happen to the basketball group now?  JH has been participating longer, KS is new, but KS will paint JH as the bad guy and he is their contact to use school gym.  JH's two best friends are not going to abandon him, but the potential civil servant is not on the team.

I also thought it was interesting that musician friends knew about JI, so they probably started dating when he was a part of that group.  She may have liked him better then when he was happier and more carefree.  Maybe working at the bank caused him to be depressed and more disengaged.  If his dad knew he dated her back then, it might explain why the dad thought she was just a casual, fun girlfriend that he would outgrow when he settled into a "real" career and chose someone more suitable for a banker's wife.  That would also explain why they had never met her; they never saw her as serious wife material.

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

It may just be my interpretation but it seems as if GS didn't seem happy or relieved that his father approved JI.

I know that GS is having problems getting JI to marry him, but he still thought he had enough of shot to invest in a ring. Although his father's approval remove an obstacle for him and addresses one of the reason JI gave him for not wanting to marry him, he looked more disappointed after his Dad's approval than before.

I agree with you and this proves to me once more that he never loved her and still doesn't love her.

He used her in reality and this explains why he often threatened her with a break up. First, he knew that she had a fighting spirit hence he could use her in order to stop his father from meddling too much in his life. Furthermore he considered himself superior to JI (socially and financially) therefore in his eyes, JI had every reason to remain by his side: he was considered as a good party.

I suspect GS will use JI's father in order to put JI under pressure thinking that her father is similar to his own father. Moreover, he can not imagine that JI would defy her father. Yet he doesn't know about JI's strong will: she went on hunger strike in order to change school and she succeeded. 

So let me get this straight, Gi-Seok's dad didn't approve of Jeong-In because he didn't think she'd bring anything to the marriage. I assume he meant wealth or prestige.

Now he's butt hurt because she doesn't want to marry Gi-Seok, and he now wants them to get married? Why?because she'll keep Gi-Seok in line? I mean other than showing more spunk than he expected it's not as though her wealth/prestige factors have changed.

Other than being confused by the above, I enjoyed how the episode had more Jeong-In/Ji-Ho relationship progression. I liked the park scene, kind of wished that after the the emotional confession we got to hear what they were laughing about while drinking/walking. It probably wasn't scripted though and just Hae-In and Ji-Min taking nonsense to make reach other laugh and look happy.

Laughed at that Seo-in sister relationship reveal, and how Yeong-Jae ( is that his name?) got so flustered, and the other friend couldn't figure out why. I really hope Yeong-Jae and Jae-In sort themselves out together.

Is it Wednesday yet? yay kisses

2 hours ago, INJINFAN said:

I also thought it was interesting that musician friends knew about JI, so they probably started dating when he was a part of that group.  She may have liked him better then when he was happier and more carefree.  Maybe working at the bank caused him to be depressed and more disengaged.  If his dad knew he dated her back then, it might explain why the dad thought she was just a casual, fun girlfriend that he would outgrow when he settled into a "real" career and chose someone more suitable for a banker's wife.  That would also explain why they had never met her; they never saw her as serious wife material.

I like the way you think.  This seems like it could also be part of GS backstory.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:17 PM, Chellsee said:

MBC's 9PM Drama Strategy Showing Positive Results

MBC drama "One Spring Night", which started broadcasting at 9PM, finally made it.

Hide contents

The scene where Han Ji-min calls one of the two men sitting awkwardly in a car on the twelfth episode on the 6th, rated 9.8% in viewership ratings, and 4.6% in total daily programs for the 20-49 age group. At the moment, the highest viewer rating soared to 11.2%.

The throning of MBC miniseries "One Spring Night" is a great result. It was the first time in 3 weeks the drama came in first place since MBC moved the drama time to 9PM.

According to the changed lifestyle, the success of MBC's deployment of the drama at 9PM is showing hope for significant results in just 3 weeks.

Analytics show that MBC's first 9PM drama, "One Spring Night", started with 7.0% in the first week, then 7.4% in the second week and 9.8% in the third week.

Producer Ahn Pan-seok's delicate production skills, writer Kim Eun's strong-willed script, which captures the specialties of everyday life, and "One Spring Night" featuring the love of Han Ji-min and Jung Hae-in are drawing attention, especially as the drama is loved by young people.

In fact, "One Spring Night" has maintained its 20-49 age group viewership, a major indicator in the advertising industry, at No. 1 for three weeks since its first broadcast, and recently became the No. 1 program for two consecutive weeks.

"One Spring Night" is popular in terms of hype.

According to Good Data Cooperation, an analysis institute, "One Spring Night" has been No.1 in the third week of May and the first week of June, making it the integrated champion.

Spring is gone, but MBC drama "One Spring Night" is coming in strong.

Hide contents

Meanwhile, MBC miniseries "Investigation Partners Season 2" is helping to cement the early drama time.

"Investigation Partners Season 2" started on the 3rd of June and it had a good start, ranking second in terms of households in the Seoul metropolitan area and second in the 2049 viewership.

Worthy of being MBC's first seasonal drama, Jung Jae-young and Jung Yoo-mi from the first season appear in "Investigation Partners Season 2" the second time. With the viewers' interest, the drama ranked second in place of popularity.

"Investigation Partners Season 2" is the Korean version of a well-made investigative drama. The second season goes on about uncovering the truth to the 'Oh Man-sang case' from the first season.

Voices of positive reviews are growing over the transformation of MBC, which boldly threw the dice to rebuild the drama kingdom.

Analyst Jung Suk-hee said, "The viewing patterns of viewers have changed with the new 52 hours a week law, and MBC's idea to accommodate that was an opportunity to broaden the choice of programs for viewers. This change in broadcasting times does not only affect the young generations, but the middle aged and above, who usually go to bed early".

"One Spring Night" is directed by Ahn Pan-seok, written by Kim Eun, and features Han Ji-min, Jung Hae-in, Kim Joon-han, Im Sung-eon, Joo Min-kyung, Song Seung-hwan. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/05/22~Now airing, Wed, Thu 20:55 on MBC.

"Investigation Partners Season 2" is directed by Noh Do-cheol, written by Jo Won-gi, Min Ji-eun, and features Jung Jae-young, Jung Yoo-mi, Oh Man-seok, No Min-woo, Kang Seung-hyun, Joo Jin-mo-I. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/06/03~Now airing, Mon, Tue 20:55 on MBC.

Source : hei.hankyung.com/hub0...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More photos of daddy JH and son Eun U.

I'm so in love with them. :wub:

Hide contents

Happy Saturday everyone. I think this is just a smart move by MBC to salvage their drama department. Wed-thurs drama competition is really fierce as shown in the ratings but i am not sure how our drama will fair if being shown in the same timeslot as KBS and SBS. TVN's new drama is also doing well and gets good reviews reason why ratings is almost evenly distributed. Great variety on wed and thurs as there are fantasy romcoms, melo and workplace romcom. The battle is actually getting interesting lol. Actually not only because i love this drama and i am bias as i love han ji min, i really hope this drama will salvage MBC. I can't imagine if they stop airing dramas. Dramas has been my stress reliever and can't imagine life without it.

Those pics and gifs always makes my day. As JI said, i am in trouble, i am in love with ji ho. I bet she said this to her bff:wub:

I like to read all your opinion about GS father. But i don't know why but i don't think his father is a pusher type. He said she like JI because being opinionated person. Actually after last episode, i kinda like his GS father, i donno why. He probably act like marriage is a business to him, but other than that he care his son not like JI father who i dislike so much. I don't think GS father force him to do something encourage probably. And i don't think GS insist to marry JI because he want to againts his father at first too or as a rebelion act againt his father. What i see is, what his father do is just give suggestion, i did not see any pressure to any of his suggestion. Even he suggest GS to not getting closer to SH is good advise. But that just  my opinion:lol:

On 6/14/2019 at 5:26 AM, Dhakra said:

Episode 8 (15/16). Yay Halftime!

• JI will be such a great mom to Eun-U. 
  • Actually I liked JH's reaction a lot, he clearly felt hurt to be asked to use the backdoor, but talking back and tell her that she shouldn't treat Eun-U like that aswell was good. It's also about time to step out of the hiding. This can't go on forever.
  • Eun-U giving Ji the stickers probably also made her realize that she already has a place in his life. Sometimes these small things make you realize that you should step out of the shadows and fight for what you like.
  • What the hell was GS thinking putting money into Eun-U's jacket? That is so inappropriate. 
  • JI realized that this hiding destroys herself, her life and also begins to slowly destroy the love to JH (and kinda Eun.U) and began to hate (or at least dislike) GS behavior or just showing up randomly and try to control her life. Because that is what he is doing, not calling, not asking, just showing up and telling her what he already decided is selfish and totally wrong. With that behaviour he pushes against the wall.
  • Regarding the OST: "Where do we go from here?" is always so on point.
  • I should totally find a girl that cries for me like JI cried for JH. ^_^
  • I absolutely love the spirit and strong company between the three sisters. They all look out for each other and protect themselves, they would do anything for each other. They are like three best friends and Jae In not even hesistating one bit to play the "Gatekeeper" is so amazing. 
  • Another MVP is JH's boss HJ. Although he calls her noona, she feels like a second mom or a way older big sister. You can see how much respect JH has towards her and that he really listens to her when she says something. I like her calm and sharp usage of words. Everything she says has a meaning and a purpose.
  • I think JI misreads JH, guys in love with a girl are anything but strong-willed, he would totally accept her call and try to sort things out. He loves her, a guy in love is not scared away so easily. 
  • I really love that park.
  • Like I said, Ji totally misreads JH. Girl, he loves you, guys do the most ridiculous and stupid things because of a woman. Guys in love are never mad for long, it's just not in our interest to be mad at someone we like. Guys aren't known for being resentful. 
    After one night of sleep our days reset and we don't have a grudge anymore. 
    He also confessed to her again, this time even more directly. He said straight into her face he loves her. Sigh.....
  • JI accepts the part that Eun-U belongs to JH history and life, she showcases him that he is aware of his situation and still wants to stay and to be with him. That was kind of an confession aswell, which made him cry. I like that....
  • .....but I want a kiss. 
  • SI being pregnant would be horrible, worst case in any means. Especially if Si-hoon is the father and maybe he forced her into it with violence. Oh boy, please not. 
  • I totally enjoyed the couple-ish talk between JH and JI in the car. 
  • When JH left his car, his back towards GS and he looked over his shoulder to him.....I totally expected a Samurai fight. :joy:
  • Please don't be pregnant SI

Preview:

So GS will put empty threads on JH *yawn*, fine, was obvious. JI's dad will find out, most likely GS told him, about Jae In being in the city and that JI broke up with GS because of another guy, fine. He just keeps talking  nonsense. 

But for all of that struggle, it seems we get a lot of OTP scenes and even a kiss.

Seems fine to me.

I love all your points, all were written beautifully. I do think next week will be so much rewarding for our OTP. It should be as we are already half way through. The tagline is we will fall in love. I am looking forward to it:)

Father and son ❤️

Screenshot-20190615-120531-InstagramTalking ,conversing and discussions about  one spring night amongst netizens maybe of the plot / story itself that of a single father coping with his everyday life as dad dealing with circumstances issues surrounding him.although our Jiho  had help from his parents to which he is grateful for, but at times there are things to be considered specially at that time comes if he falls for a girl.everything shall be considered that includes Eun- U.Society itself is not used to having a single dad/mom around .

JI on the other hand, had been in a relationship of 4 years that solely based on companionship only, I dont see any love or feel any  passion as far as her relationship with GS is concerned.and when she met JH, she finally found the person whom she felt she had importance too, whom she is being taking care of, being loved unconditionally .and in return, because of her love for him she has accepted JH the whole of him including Eun-U which matters most with JH..no matter  what the world has to say about them, I dont think JH and JI doesnt care anymore because  what matter most is they have each other.

But with a cynical world we live in, Both JH and  JI must ready to face the criticsms 

judgement of the people surrounding them

for sure both  will face a lot of obstacles, problems along the wAy.

happy ending will not be with them for now , but  because of thier love faith and trust with each other, anything / everything  both can endure and all shall pass.

Archived