[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

Actually I like JI, because she is quite different from the normal female leads that just fall in love and tend to do all cheesy stuff and fall for a guy head over heels without thinking. Her "small" progress is actually something that I admire and like, because it doesn't make her look like she acts out of her normal self. She is aware of her situation, she doesn't do something ridiculuous and tries to do everything in a mature, normal way. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Like @Dhakra, I am enjoying the progression of the drama. JI is taking her time but I sense that as soon as she has decided to be with JH, she will do anything for him.

Yes, I do like JI taking time aspect, they started pretty quickly, but it slowly develops. Like I said, it always feels like they do a few steps forward, just to step back at the end of each episode. JI will do everything and protect JH and his son, as her sis stated, once she wants something, she will do anything and won't stop. 

She won't stop defending him from the world if necessary, especially if GS plans to work against him.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

h JI told GS that she wanted to break up with him, when GS visited her flat, it looked like they had reconciled. However, we can see in GS's face that this "reconciliation" is not real. His words towards his father clearly showed that his father had missed the timing. GS has already sensed that JI has moved away from him and it can never be like before. 

Well, during his first unannounced visit JI was quite clear and she made her point. What bothered me was his second visit where she called him over, it really seemed like they reconciled. Which totally went against her initial self, this was another step back. 

It bothered me even more that he grabbed her hand and she let him, she didn't pull back, he even let him hug her outside and have his very superficial "I know how to love you know" talk. I wished she would have done something more back-breaking, not even something big, just a small, but clear hint. Like softly pushing him away during the hug, squeeze her hand out when he grabbed it. 

GS still loves her like he did before, very shallow, he doesn't go with her words or tries to work with what she is saying, he follows and believes in his own words and puts them to work. For GS it is not important what she wants, it is important what he wants or what he thinks she wants. 

I do think, like you, that he does know that she moved away, but I still think he believes that he can fix it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/7/2019 at 4:23 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

Look. It's not just me who thinks Jeong-In's style need a makeover, apparently so do K-netizens OK? 

I get what some of you are sayin' that she needs to look appropriate & for practicality purposes etc. STILL that doesn't mean she need to look dowdy & matronly alright? She can still look work appropriate & not dressed looking like a prude that's all I'm sayin' (shrug) 

I've worked in a library before, so I agree with the folks who are talking about practicality.  And I've known a lot of librarians who did the whole "iconic dowdy romantic" look; it works for some but not for all.  (Yeah, I was one of the ones with the big billowy long skirts and lacy blouses.  I admit it.  Happy now?  :P )

But I don't disagree with you (in other words, low-key agree) that she could use a bit of sprucing up.  For me, it's not the style that is the issue, it's the lack of color.  And I kinda see that in a different light that I don't think anyone else has mentioned.  Here is my Big Thought:

JI's clothing preference is influenced by her relationship with GS.

When you're in a relationship with someone who is passive aggressively crushing your spirit and it's a relationship that you basically feel like you can't leave, all of the color and joy begins to fade out of everything, especially in clothes because it's gonna seem like being pretty doesn't matter as much any more.  

JI looks like that.  Everything she's wearing is nice quality and there is some style there but it's all a bit baggy and draggy and utterly boringly "greige" (beige and grey--a color range that I unutterably despise).

So, let's blame JI's wardrobe on that rotter GS!  That's what I'm thinking.  :D

(Beg pardon if anyone else has already posted with this clothing theory; I'm still trying to read through this ponderous thread and I just had to go ahead and say what I wanted to say because I got all impatient.  Bad me.)

.........and someone did have a similar thought:  good catch, @INJINFAN

Regarding JI's clothes:  This director is big on color palettes and thematic moods, etc.  JI's clothes are neutral and bland, maybe expensive, but definitely not sexy.  You are right that they fit her job and her professionalism, but I think they represent the fact that she is not in touch with her sexuality.  Her love life is bland and uninteresting and so is her appearance.  Let's see if she pays more attention to  her appearance as she expresses her attraction to JH.  Probably will lean toward spring colors like the yellow sweater at the end of the last episode.

Han jimin and Haein acting skills though,one can feel the frustration and pain that their characters are going through the drama infact the entire cast is doing amazing job!

img.gif

9938874F5CFA80B92E?original

btw haein looks hot:rolleyes::wub: specially when he clenched his teeth :ph34r::D

cr -daumC

I'm a bit confused... Can you guys be so kind to help mi with this?

In the netflix version JI says JH over the phone (52:02) that she's sorry for liking him, which was a bit sudden but I was happy with it - also I heard like that as well. However  I'd just read dramamilk and there is said: Jiho, I am sorry to lie to you. I was reading it because I can tell that Netfilx is a bit unaccurate with the translation and I wanted to understand everything, but this one made me confused.

Thanks in advance!!!

@thistle @INJINFAN I agree with you that JI's style is connected to GS's life. GS works for a bank and he is the son of the chairman therefore his family is pretty conservative. As conclusion, her style is conservative. Notice that GS has never said anything about her clothes and made any remark how beautiful she looks because he doesn't care in reality.

Furthermore, it is better for him if JI is not better dressed because she would attract the attention of men. Despite her clothes, she is still considered as good-looking. GS is a lazy man, he has never tried to woo JI in reality. If he had competition, he would be forced to seduce JI and work for this relationship. Notice that in two different episodes, he mentioned this word "work":

- "Are we at the stage where we need to work on a relationship?" (scene at the restaurant)

- "Then we should try to make things work." (episode 6)

However, he never says: I need to work on this relationship, he always uses the pronoun "we" indicating that he wants JI to do more for the relationship. To sum up, GS is definitely lazy as he doesn't realize that he needs to work more himself for this relationship. When I mean work, I mean show more feelings, being more tender and considerate which is something natural, when you are deeply in love. He still wants to delegate more on JI. He became nervous, when he had the impression that there was someone else...

The moment he thought he had made a mistake (thinking that there was a man JI was interested in), notice the change in GS, he became more relaxed and he didn't try to seduce JI in the end. When he took her hand, it lacked love and tenderness and the hug outlined more despair than love. Even while hugging her, he told her this:

"Now, I know how to love you. Let's be more in love. I'll do better."

His words underline how he views love, it was as if it was a sort of work hence it is felt as a burden. But he is wrong. Loving someone is not a duty and an obligation ("let's be more in love"), it is something natural.

If we remember how JI met JH, we can observe the contrast: JI tried to be more attractive (changing her hairdress, taking care of her face in front of the mirror) with simple means which kind of attracted JH. JI appeared as simple and natural, yet totally feminin. She does care about her appeareance but she is not obssessed with it. That's another reason why she caught JH's attention. I also think, that was another reason why JH thought, he could flirt with her as such a simply dressed woman usually doesn't attract man's attention. In his eyes, it looked unlikely that she was a woman with a boyfriend. 

28 minutes ago, anyeze said:

I'm a bit confused... Can you guys be so kind to help mi with this?

In the netflix version JI says JH over the phone (52:02) that she's sorry for liking him, which was a bit sudden but I was happy with it - also I heard like that as well. However  I'd just read dramamilk and there is said: Jiho, I am sorry to lie to you. I was reading it because I can tell that Netfilx is a bit unaccurate with the translation and I wanted to understand everything, but this one made me confused.

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm pretty sure the Netflix translation is the right one, I also know some Korean^^

Anw as someone mentioned here before, I like the fact that Jiho & Jeongin tends to shifted their banmal and jondaemal speech, showing they gradually more casual and comfortable with each others. On this phone call, they both talked using banmal *squeeeee*

I'm still thinking about Jeongin & Eunwoo phone call, srsly can't get any cuter!! I need more scene contains Jeongin, Jiho and Eunwoo in one screen tgt:wub::wub:

@thistle

(nodding) Agreed, my thoughts exactly. 

I do believe it's in keeping with the style of the theme the drama is goin' for? 'Cause In Something in the Rain, the styling & color palette are pretty similar as well.. 

And yea, I concur that Jeong-In's style is..let's compare it to a flower. It has yet to bloom - that kind of thing LoL. Although personally, I just wear whatever I like, regardless of mood. I don't really care for who or what, I dress for myself thankyouverymuch. 

JI admits that she is trouble maker and i think she will create a big trouble this time hahaha. As her mom said, she is uncomfortable going to his fathers school so she went on a hunger strike until she was transferred. Our heroine is really an anti hero lol. So we can aleady sense that once her heart and mind is set, nobody can stop her. Watching the episodes a couple of times really helps:D

Happy Sunday everyone. I can only look at this pics. Can't wait for this week's episodes. Wed pali pali

JHI can't handle HJM's cuteness lol. They are really adorable together:wub:

I am actually getting nervous and curious what is coming after this coming Wed and Thurs slots.  Repost previews...

Credit to author

Cos so far we only see the still cuts up to here:

Credit to author

We have no clue what maybe happening after that accept Ji Min mini spoilers about "i am dreaming of JH", the happy behind the scene shots of Eunwoo and the injured face of JH in his IG.

Please writernim, keep up your good writing and remain good till the end.  

Since JI had the nickname the troublemaker, I think, she will become the troublemaker for LSI so that her sister can free herself and get a divorce. In my opinion, JI should be the first who decides to follow her heart and even have a fight with her father. The moment she frees herself from that "surrounding", she will have no fear of SH, once she discovers the reason for the divorce. In my opinion, she will confront SH. 

41 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since JI had the nickname the troublemaker, I think, she will become the troublemaker for LSI so that her sister can free herself and get a divorce. In my opinion, JI should be the first who decides to follow her heart and even have a fight with her father. The moment she frees herself from that "surrounding", she will have no fear of SH, once she discovers the reason for the divorce. In my opinion, she will confront SH. 

Agreed.  But I think that GS will use his business relationship (that loan!) with SH to try to trap JI.  And JI will be pressured to go back to GS so her sister can go free.  I may have the facts a bit wrong but I have a feeling that things could get very twisted because of the bad brother-in-law's financial dealings, and that GS will have no compunction about using them to get his way. 

I also think that JI's dad is very much up to his neck in some sort of trouble (probably with GS's dad) and that is why he tends to be an emotional bully against his family.  He may also be using his daughters' marriages to his own advantage.

We're about to come up to the halfway point in the episodes and that's usually when the big trouble starts.  In this drama, it could be a real heartbreaker.

Also wanted to say that I'm concerned about the youngest sister (so confusing that she is a JI, too).  Although we have been seeing her as a great younger sister lately, we should not forget that she had to leave France secretly because she was accused of stalking.  We also know that she has been lying and hiding from her parents.  And she stole those vitamins from JI to give to JH's friend (don't know his name)--she didn't apologize and didn't care that it caused trouble since JI had to buy them again because they were a gift for her parents.  What is she doing with that guy anyway?  Is he her latest stalk-ee or could she be trying to groom him so she can get closer to JH?  I think that SisterJI could possibly generate some unforeseen trouble because lots of little clues are dropping about her.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Agreed.  But I think that GS will use his business relationship (that loan!) with SH to try to trap JI.  And JI will be pressured to go back to GS so her sister can go free.  I may have the facts a bit wrong but I have a feeling that things could get very twisted because of the bad brother-in-law's financial dealings, and that GS will have no compunction about using them to get his way. 

I also think that JI's dad is very much up to his neck in some sort of trouble (probably with GS's dad) and that is why he tends to be an emotional bully against his family.  He may also be using his daughters' marriages to his own advantage.

We're about to come up to the halfway point in the episodes and that's usually when the big trouble starts.  In this drama, it could be a real heartbreaker.

Also wanted to say that I'm concerned about the youngest sister (so confusing that she is a JI, too).  Although we have been seeing her as a great younger sister lately, we should not forget that she had to leave France secretly because she was accused of stalking.  We also know that she has been lying and hiding from her parents.  And she stole those vitamins from JI to give to JH's friend (don't know his name)--she didn't apologize and didn't care that it caused trouble since JI had to buy them again because they were a gift for her parents.  What is she doing with that guy anyway?  Is he her latest stalk-ee or could she be trying to groom him so she can get closer to JH?  I think that SisterJI could possibly generate some unforeseen trouble because lots of little clues are dropping about her.

No, the vitamins were supposed to be for JI, since GS bought these with the excuse that his girlfriend had been stressed out lately.

Since JI and JH have not been together so far, unlike in SITR where the couple started dating very soon but had so many hurdles that they broke up... The way I see it, I sense that it will be the other way around: JI and JH will get together half-way and won't break up because of GS's meddling and JI's pressure.

Since JI has been described as straightforward and stubborn (especially with the example of the school where JI went on hunger strike so that she could be sent to another school), I doubt that JI will back down due to the pressure of GS and her family. We already saw a huge change in JI, where she refused to succumb to GS's passive-aggressive remarks. She voiced her anger, her disappointed, even criticized him by describing how mean he was aso. Compare this scene with the other scene at the restaurant: back then, when GS asked her if there was someone else, she denied it... but her hand was shown indicating her frustration and her pain.

As for the loan... If GS uses the loan in order to get JI, he is going to make a huge mistake because this will only hurt JI even more. How can she go back to him, if she doesn't love him back? This move would reveal how delusional and arrogant GS is. He will never get a happy marriage. Sacrificing herself for her sister's well-being is stupid because this would reinforce her sister's unhappiness. That's why I believe that the loan will be the trigger for the next "explosion". LSI might be forced to reveal what is happening in her marriage if GS uses the loan as a way to get JI back.   

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, the vitamins were supposed to be for JI, since GS bought these with the excuse that his girlfriend had been stressed out lately.

If I recall properly (although I certainly may be mistaken), there were two bags of vitamins.  One of the vitamin bags was indeed for JI but the other was for her to give to her parents from GS.  She didn't take them right away because she was avoiding dealing with her mom since JISister was hiding out from her.   Then when JI found out that her mom knew about JISister, she went to look for the vitamins so that she could take them with her when she went to see her parents.  It would be a way of distracting them and she also would not want GS to know that she had lost the present for her parents.

Now I'd have to go back and re-watch to be sure but this was my impression of what happened.  As I said, maybe I understood it all wrong.  But it made an impression on me because I thought that GS was acting sort of passive aggressive controlling by making her give her parents that sort of present which is really kinda personal for someone he is not family with yet.

If GS thinks he can use the loan to get JI back in his life, then he is in for rude awakening. In fact, like @bebebisous33 said, this can make LSI talk about the divorce and the abuse that has been going on. Not to mention, she would never put her sister in that situation.

For once, I want GS not to be stupid and ruin his career over because he is pissed off. He said he will look into it and I hope he doesn't approve of the loan and actually listened to his father's advice. 

Since the drama is almost halfway the mark, JH and JI will date and at the same time will deal with the obstacles that comes along the way. Hopefully no break up or noble idiocy scenes:sweatingbullets:

As for JI clothes, it looks normal to me lol:sweat_smile:. It's probably because I dress up like her that I have no problem with the way she is :tongue:.

Archived