Quantcast

I'm still in doubt on the character development of JI. I hope writer won't make her like SYJ's character in SITR. I want JI to always be assertive. 

• Like 9

JI is an anti hero character, i can understand why some can't really understand or like her. She admits to be selfish, opinionated, straight forward. But i guess we have not seen the real JI yet. It seems she becomes dull, boring and not the same fearless girl her family knows because of her relationship with GS. They bring out the worst in each other it seems lol. With JH, i do think it will be the opposite. And i can't wait to see both JI and JH resurrect their old selves. And how crazy they will be in love. Why is wednesday so long to come. It is getting harder to wait.

I need these kind of gifs

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I think JI moving on from GS to either be single or pursueing JH is already quite a development for her and for now that is quite enough for me, since she first have to sort herself out. She was part of a long relationship, a relationship that was based on the wrong things, she also begins to feel responsible for Eun-U and thinks about him, she kinda adapts into a new role. 

Sure her growth must continue, but so far I am really happy with her role, she remembers me a lot of the Main lead of SLA. 

JH and JI greatly improves the others life, but both are feared about the public, since both think they are flawed. That's why I think the preview already had a big scene, where JI tells JH that he will fight for him. JH needs that and visa versa.

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Dhakra Yes, the episodes seem to confirm that LSI's superior will be involved in her fight. He does care about her. I have the impression that LSI decided to quit in order to force her husband to divorce her. She is the one who brings the money into their household. Once she quits, SH can no longer use her job for the application of the loan. LSI has always been his cash cow. SH is narcissic and delusional. He really thinks too highly of himself. However, little by little his flaws are witnessed by others. I hope, he ends up in jail.

JI was right to say that she had other reasons why she should break up with GS. JH was the one who had her eyes opened. She realized that something was missing in her relationship, then she got aware of her boyfriend's flaws. GS says that he would break up with his girlfriend if she cheated but actually the opposite will happen in my opinion. Since GS used the word "revenge" and "bruised ego", I think, this is going to happen.

While JH met GS, he could see how GS perceives JI. He doesn't really love her.

I don't think, GS's father is warming up to JI. I had rather the impression that the chairman wanted to give him a job and in exchange, there would be no marriage between their children. The father smiled, when he asked f they had broken up. Since JI's father is stupid, he thought that the chairman was creating more ties between the two families with this job but he didn't pay attention to the chairman's words.    

Yes, I do think so now aswell. SI superior chose a few very interesting words, I think he will play a part in her storyline. 

That's an interesting reason and makes sense, SH always points out about her being a "famous newscaster", she is his punching bag and cash cow. 

I hope he will end up in jail and tastes his own medicine. LSI storyline really puts me at unease.

4 hours ago, richelle said:

I usually watch melo and romcoms but i love romcoms more. I shy away from other genres like suspense thriller, legal, medical, sageuk/historical dramas. 

Haha, funnily it's the other way around with me. I pretty much only watch melos, thrillers oder legal dramas. I don't find anything interesting in romcoms. :D 

• Like 11

Lesson 101: Don’t start an ongoing drama, you’ll only suffer as the waiting is soooo real! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

Oh damn, this just popped up in my mind:

Does SeoIn hold joint debts with her scumbug husband?  Because if he files for bankruptcy (let's be real, he's got no assets worth any real cash whatsoever and he's getting into MORE debt because GiSeok is gonna be stupid), SHE'LL be as good as bankrupt too! She better cut everything between them and RUN ASAP!

Gurl, you quit yo job, have yo evidence, KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR OWN PERSONAL ACCOUNT, now just RUN before it is too late! Run and don't look back! Run to your parents house, hide with your sisters or plain just enjoy life in Jeju. Don't be dragged down by that ugly version of the Titanic! This is not a matter of saving face or time to be cowardly! This is a matter of saving your own life!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the apartment is under SI name, however the it's signed with a joint/SI/SH legal seal (ambiguous because the subs says it's his legal seal but I don't know how one can sign off on something and not have their name listed as an owner)? Because SI went to see SH to get the legal seal so that she can sign off on the house, which of course that scumbag refuses to give. 

My problem with SH loaning debt is that he is going to get into more debt because GS seems like he's about to approve SH loan... all because SH said he would help convince JI to marry him. Cannot believe GS is going to jeopardise his career over a non-family member asking for an unreasonable favour. I'm all about helping people but when this helping delves into your professional life, then there has to be clear cut boundaries. 

I wouldn't compare SH and SI to an "ugly version of the Titanic" just because I hate SH character so much (props to Lee Moo-Saeng who plays him, he is really doing a stellar job) and I would not be able to compare him to Jack - the OG of self-sacrificial ML (how freaking hot was a young Leonardo DiCaprio). 

Spoiler

This is off topic (please forgive me mods :wub:) but I feel like it's necessary to appreciate one of God's gift:

tumblr_nxnldnMSwZ1t3in2oo3_500.gif

3eAx.gif

1 hour ago, Phoenix26 said:

I'm still in doubt on the character development of JI. I hope writer won't make her like SYJ's character in SITR. I want JI to always be assertive. 

Haven't watched SITR, just cuz I haven't gotten around to it. But I'm for certain of JI ability to grow as a character because she is progressing bit by bit in terms of returning to her old-vivacious-assertive self. There are glimpses that I'm seeing, and I'm gleeing over. My favourite being when she went to JH house because he didn't pick up her calls. I mean girl, wow! I think the call culture these days is different especially for people in my age bracket of their 20s maybe early 30s. No one calls each other UNLESS its super important and need to be dealt with immediately, or else a text message would suffice. I literally went on a tangent about the current call/message culture BUT I think what I'm trying to say is that JI went to JH house because she wants to see him and talk to him. Despite how confused she is with her feelings, he always puts a smile on her face. Have you noticed, whenever she is with GS she is either exasperated or annoyed.... LMAO bby girl if your man makes you feel like this constantly, just say goodbye to the relationship.

Edited by xXMzSmilesXx
Eye-candy gif added
  • Like 11

@bebebisous33 looks like my wording was incorrect:sweatingbullets:. I didn't mean it in a negative way chingu. Indeed, the more JH interacts with JI, the more he is going back to his old self and the more we viewers are seeing a new side of him which we never saw. He is starting not to pity himself anymore and is going all for it to get JI. I love what the writer is doing with his character development and I hope we continue to see his new sides.

@Phoenix26 I hope she sticks to the words she told JH in the preview:( because poor JH is going to get crushed if another woman leaves him again. I want this drama to be different and to show us how JH and JI get through the obstacles while they are together as a couple. In her previous drama, I dropped it after episode 8 and watched the last episode lol:sweat_smile::mrgreen:. I have no tolerance:sweatingbullets:. Hopefully they don't screw this up for us.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Lesson 101: Don’t start an ongoing drama, you’ll only suffer as the waiting is soooo real! :sweatingbullets:

So true. It takes a whole new level of mental capacity and patience and what not. ☺️

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 5
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, xXMzSmilesXx said:

wouldn't compare SH and SI to an "ugly version of the Titanic" just because I hate SH character so much (props to Lee Moo-Saeng who plays him, he is really doing a stellar job) and I would not be able to compare him to Jack - the OG of self-sacrificial ML (how freaking hot was a young Leonardo DiCaprio). 

LMAO, no, ShiHoon is no Jack. I was just calling him the Titanic and referred to how it would drag anybody nearby into the abyss of the deep dark sea as it sank and descended into the depths of the sea after cracking into 2.

SeoIn's gotta be out of reach when his whole career and finances implode in his face.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, lu09 said:

@bebebisous33 looks like my wording was incorrect:sweatingbullets:. I didn't mean it in a negative way chingu. Indeed, the more JH interacts with JI, the more he is going back to his old self and the more we viewers are seeing a new side of him which we never saw. He is starting not to pity himself anymore and is going all for it to get JI. I love what the writer is doing with his character development and I hope we continue to see his new sides.

@Phoenix26 I hope she sticks to the words she told JH in the preview:( because poor JH is going to get crushed if another woman leaves him again. I want this drama to be different and to show us how JH and JI get through the obstacles while they are together as a couple. In her previous drama, I dropped it after episode 8 and watched the last episode lol:sweat_smile::mrgreen:. I have no tolerance:sweatingbullets:. Hopefully they don't screw this up for us.

Oh my god, :crazy: with my reply I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable. Seeing you like this :sweatingbullets: made me feel embarrassed, it was as if I had scolded you:D

Like @Dhakra, I am enjoying the progression of the drama. JI is taking her time but I sense that as soon as she has decided to be with JH, she will do anything for him. It was interesting that although JI told GS that she wanted to break up with him, when GS visited her flat, it looked like they had reconciled. However, we can see in GS's face that this "reconciliation" is not real. His words towards his father clearly showed that his father had missed the timing. GS has already sensed that JI has moved away from him and it can never be like before. 

I have the impression that GS's decision about the loan might be the reason why JI will resent GS even more than before because GS helped SH and increased the pressure on LSI. I can imagine that the domestic abuse could be revealed at the end of the next episode.  

• Like 10

@bebebisous33 OMG no need to feel embarrassed lol:D.I feel like I'm the one who did the scolding here Imao :mrgreen:. Guess we both misunderstood each other:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

this scene melts my heart...JiHo seeing how JI talks tenderly with Eun..:heart:

Spoiler

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Actually I like JI, because she is quite different from the normal female leads that just fall in love and tend to do all cheesy stuff and fall for a guy head over heels without thinking. Her "small" progress is actually something that I admire and like, because it doesn't make her look like she acts out of her normal self. She is aware of her situation, she doesn't do something ridiculuous and tries to do everything in a mature, normal way. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Like @Dhakra, I am enjoying the progression of the drama. JI is taking her time but I sense that as soon as she has decided to be with JH, she will do anything for him.

Yes, I do like JI taking time aspect, they started pretty quickly, but it slowly develops. Like I said, it always feels like they do a few steps forward, just to step back at the end of each episode. JI will do everything and protect JH and his son, as her sis stated, once she wants something, she will do anything and won't stop. 

She won't stop defending him from the world if necessary, especially if GS plans to work against him.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

h JI told GS that she wanted to break up with him, when GS visited her flat, it looked like they had reconciled. However, we can see in GS's face that this "reconciliation" is not real. His words towards his father clearly showed that his father had missed the timing. GS has already sensed that JI has moved away from him and it can never be like before. 

Well, during his first unannounced visit JI was quite clear and she made her point. What bothered me was his second visit where she called him over, it really seemed like they reconciled. Which totally went against her initial self, this was another step back. 

It bothered me even more that he grabbed her hand and she let him, she didn't pull back, he even let him hug her outside and have his very superficial "I know how to love you know" talk. I wished she would have done something more back-breaking, not even something big, just a small, but clear hint. Like softly pushing him away during the hug, squeeze her hand out when he grabbed it. 

GS still loves her like he did before, very shallow, he doesn't go with her words or tries to work with what she is saying, he follows and believes in his own words and puts them to work. For GS it is not important what she wants, it is important what he wants or what he thinks she wants. 

I do think, like you, that he does know that she moved away, but I still think he believes that he can fix it.

• Like 11

On 6/7/2019 at 4:23 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

Look. It's not just me who thinks Jeong-In's style need a makeover, apparently so do K-netizens OK? 

I get what some of you are sayin' that she needs to look appropriate & for practicality purposes etc. STILL that doesn't mean she need to look dowdy & matronly alright? She can still look work appropriate & not dressed looking like a prude that's all I'm sayin' (shrug) 

I've worked in a library before, so I agree with the folks who are talking about practicality.  And I've known a lot of librarians who did the whole "iconic dowdy romantic" look; it works for some but not for all.  (Yeah, I was one of the ones with the big billowy long skirts and lacy blouses.  I admit it.  Happy now?  :P )

But I don't disagree with you (in other words, low-key agree) that she could use a bit of sprucing up.  For me, it's not the style that is the issue, it's the lack of color.  And I kinda see that in a different light that I don't think anyone else has mentioned.  Here is my Big Thought:

JI's clothing preference is influenced by her relationship with GS.

When you're in a relationship with someone who is passive aggressively crushing your spirit and it's a relationship that you basically feel like you can't leave, all of the color and joy begins to fade out of everything, especially in clothes because it's gonna seem like being pretty doesn't matter as much any more.  

JI looks like that.  Everything she's wearing is nice quality and there is some style there but it's all a bit baggy and draggy and utterly boringly "greige" (beige and grey--a color range that I unutterably despise).

So, let's blame JI's wardrobe on that rotter GS!  That's what I'm thinking.  :D

(Beg pardon if anyone else has already posted with this clothing theory; I'm still trying to read through this ponderous thread and I just had to go ahead and say what I wanted to say because I got all impatient.  Bad me.)

.........and someone did have a similar thought:  good catch, @INJINFAN

Regarding JI's clothes:  This director is big on color palettes and thematic moods, etc.  JI's clothes are neutral and bland, maybe expensive, but definitely not sexy.  You are right that they fit her job and her professionalism, but I think they represent the fact that she is not in touch with her sexuality.  Her love life is bland and uninteresting and so is her appearance.  Let's see if she pays more attention to  her appearance as she expresses her attraction to JH.  Probably will lean toward spring colors like the yellow sweater at the end of the last episode.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

These kind of gifs help me get through out the day. The way JH looks at JI. Or is it hae in looking at ji min, squeal lol:wub:

Weekend marathon later:wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Han jimin and Haein acting skills though,one can feel the frustration and pain that their characters are going through the drama infact the entire cast is doing amazing job!

img.gif

9938874F5CFA80B92E?original

btw haein looks hot:rolleyes::wub: specially when he clenched his teeth :ph34r::D

cr -daumC

• Like 12
  • Love 2

I'm a bit confused... Can you guys be so kind to help mi with this?

In the netflix version JI says JH over the phone (52:02) that she's sorry for liking him, which was a bit sudden but I was happy with it - also I heard like that as well. However  I'd just read dramamilk and there is said: Jiho, I am sorry to lie to you. I was reading it because I can tell that Netfilx is a bit unaccurate with the translation and I wanted to understand everything, but this one made me confused.

Thanks in advance!!!

• Like 8