[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Han Ji Min And Jung Hae In Attend First Script Reading For Upcoming Drama

Mar 21, 2019
by K. Lew

Upcoming MBC drama “Spring Night” (literal title) recently held its first script reading.

“Spring Night” is about a man and a woman who meet one spring night and their heart-fluttering romance as they head towards love. It is the second collaboration between director Ahn Pan Suk and writer Kim Eun, who previously created hit drama “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.” Director Ahn Pan Suk also directed popular dramas such as “Secret Love Affair” and “Behind the White Tower.”

In attendance at the script reading were director Ahn Pan Suk and writer Kim Eun as well as actors Han Ji Min, Jung Hae In, Kim Jun Han, Im Sung Uhn, Joo Min Kyung, Lee Moo Saeng, Lee Chang Hoon, Kim Chang Wan, Gil Hae Yeon, Oh Man Seok, and Seo Jeong Yeon.

Han Ji Min, who plays the local librarian Lee Jung In, filled the script reading with laughter with her lovely energy. She showed her professionalism as she conveyed the small changes in emotion of her character.

Jung Hae In, who plays pharmacist Yoo Ji Ho, brought his character to life with his mature voice and magnetic gaze. Filling his character with emotion, he evoked his character’s charms.

Kim Jun Han, who plays Lee Jung In’s boyfriend Kwon Ki Suk, perfectly pulled off the role with his affection for his on-screen girlfriend as well as his various tones and expressions. The director praised him saying, “It feels like you’ve been dating for 20 years.” Joo Min Kyung, who plays Lee Jung In’s little sister Lee Jae In, used her energy to bring out the robust charm in her character.

Spring-Night-2.jpg

Amidst the script reading, the director shared, “Hearing the rehearsal, everyone was flexible and did well, so I feel relieved. You did it well and realistically.”

“Spring Night” is slated to air its first episode in May. Cr. Soompi

now i'm confused. before the synopsis was about a long term couple who's in the stage of thinking about marriage and they cherish their love again. and now based on soompi article and other articles in korean,  han ji min and jung hae in seem like they are about to get to know each other, because han ji min's already in a relationship with kim jun han. did they change the plot?? if they did, then it's pretty similar to Something In The Rain :confused:. hope it's not similar at all, because if it is, what's the point of making a new drama if they showcase similar story to tell, what's the message? :expressionless: finger crossed.

@unknown12, i agree with you... either the translation is incorrect or we misread the previous very basic brief.  

I also thought 2 long terms relationship is now in the point of talking about marriage and rethinking their past relationship together rekindle new found love.  

Cover my ears, shut my eyes... please be good drama.

15 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

Keke i hope it is woman centered drama. :P  is it asking too much.

I have watched previous works of the director- a wife's credentials, secret love affair and pretty noona who buys me food and in a way they are female centered but it is also mostly about relationships. So the lead is the couple with more emphasis on the female lead's character.

I am confused too. They say at first the two leads characters have been in a relationship for a long time and contemplating on getting married. Why is han ji min's character has a boyfriend? Hmmm, is this secret love affair but only that she is not married? Is this a case of you came at a wrong place and at a wrong time lol

From the article:

Kim Jun Han, who plays Lee Jung In’s boyfriend Kwon Ki Suk, perfectly pulled off the role with his affection for his on-screen girlfriend as well as his various tones and expressions. The director praised himsaying, “It feels like you’ve been dating for20 years.” Joo Min Kyung, who plays LeeJung In’s little sister Lee Jae In, used herenergy to bring out the robust charm in her character.

Extract below from soompi

17 Things You Might Not Know About Heartthrob Jung Hae In

Apr 15, 2018

((skip info i am not discussing about))

his birthday (April 1st) - anticipate bday cake photos

9. He finds it difficult to look into his co-star’s eyes

At the “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” press conference, Jung Hae In said that it’s difficult for him to look into his co-star Son Ye Jin’s eyes because she’s so pretty. He can’t stare into her eyes without smiling or looking away. 

- haha how are you going to handle pretty lady all over again?

10. His hobby is riding his bike
- Park Ha (han ji min role in rooftop prince ideal dating activities)

11. He has a black belt in taekwondo

- Great Han Ji Min is well protected.

12. He loves beer

- Han Ji Min too!

14. Jung Hae In is an introvert

In an interview, Jung Hae In stated that he thinks his weakness is being too introverted. 

- Hopefully Han Ji Min warm personality will relax your introvert self.  As she has many introvert co star before and they all are quite relax with her.

You can read the whole article in https://www.soompi.com/article/1152739wpp/17-things-might-not-know-heartthrob-jung-hae-in

@tok-soompi i laugh at your comment that ji min is well protected since jhi has a black belt in taekwondo lol. And they both love beer lol. I think they can get along well. Their chemistry will sure be compared with that of PNWBMF but knowing ji min, for sure they will have their own unique chemistry. It's melo so having a great chemistry is a necessity.

I believe jhi followed ji min's ig too, correct? Can't wait for May 22:wub:

1 hour ago, richelle said:

@tok-soompi i laugh at your comment that ji min is well protected since jhi has a black belt in taekwondo lol. And they both love beer lol. I think they can get along well. Their chemistry will sure be compared with that of PNWBMF but knowing ji min, for sure they will have their own unique chemistry. It's melo so having a great chemistry is a necessity.

I believe jhi followed ji min's ig too, correct? Can't wait for May 22:wub:

Keke!  I do not know whether jhi follow ji min ig because i did not follow him.  :P

On 3/23/2019 at 5:07 PM, tok-soompi said:

Keke!  I do not know whether jhi follow ji min ig because i did not follow him.  :P

I also do not follow jhi. Our ji min is the only korean celebrity that i follow:DI only have seen the post i think in twitter with the screenshot of both following each other. I hope they will get along well too just like ji min and njh. They will film more scenes together so they should lol. Their drama will have a stiff competition so wishing all the best to the team especially the writer lol. Fighting!!!

@richelle, Me too!  She is the only korean celebrity that i followed.

I am sure they will have great chemistry.  As Ji Min has very bubbly character.

I am just holding my breath on the writer.  Cos i am still shaken by HJMe's writer (to me it makes any female lead character bland).  I read around the something in the rain and the story does not gel very much with satisfying closure although the chemistry between the leads are great.  To be fair, I have not watched the drama yet. 

Wikipedia description of Melodrama:

A melodrama is a dramatic work in which the plot, which is typically sensational and designed to appeal strongly to the emotions, takes precedence over detailed characterization. Characters are often simply drawn, and may appear stereotyped.

Wikipedia description of Romantic Comedy:

Romantic comedy (portmanteaus: romedy, romcomor lovecome) is a genre with light-hearted, humorous plotlines centered on romantic ideas, such as how true love is able to surmount most obstacles.[1] One dictionary definition is "a funny movie, play, or television program about a love story that ends happily".[2] Another definition suggests that its "primary distinguishing feature is a love plot in which two sympathetic and well-matched lovers are united or reconciled".[3]

10 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

@richelle, Me too!  She is the only korean celebrity that i followed.

I am sure they will have great chemistry.  As Ji Min has very bubbly character.

I am just holding my breath on the writer.  Cos i am still shaken by HJMe's writer (to me it makes any female lead character bland).  I read around the something in the rain and the story does not gel very much with satisfying closure although the chemistry between the leads are great.  To be fair, I have not watched the drama yet. 

I am crossing all my fingers and toes that the writer is not as bad as the writer of HJMe. I am quite traumatized by that writer that the genre of psychological dramas are forever banned on my list lol. But i do hope ji min already learned from that project. I do think so since the projects she have chosen- age of shadows, familiar/knowing wife, miss baek and the light in your eyes, all are good project choices. I do hope this drama adds to the list.

I have watched SITR since the director is on my favorite list. I have watched his previous projects, the wife's credentials and secret love affair. What do i think of the drama? I just had a hard time finishing it because of the annoying mother but overall, it is a melodrama that is a bit of slice of life drama. A drama that is close to real life as in it might be happening around you. It is a story where you might see yourself in as they say. I agree that just because it is a melodrama, it does not mean someone has a terminal disease, it's a tear jecker etc. Just mostly romance and very limited on the funny parts.This is also not a noona romance, both jhi and ji min is of the same age in the story so i like it. I hope it would tackle those common issues that normal couples have in this busy modern age. Really looking forward to it:wub:

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Jung Hae In & Han Ji Min - Premieres in May

I found an article and dissolved all my puzzlement with the script reading!

Han Ji-min, Jung Hae-in to co-star in drama

By Dong Sun-hwa

Prominent actors Han Ji-min and Jung Hae-in will co-star in an MBC melodrama tentatively titled "Spring Night." 

The soap opera revolves around the life of a woman in her 30s, who gradually realizes her authentic emotions as she finds new love, although she already has a boyfriend. 

Han will play a librarian with Jung as her partner, a pharmacist. 

Producer Ahn Pan-suk and writer Kim Eun, who were behind the hit TV series "Something in the Rain" in 2018, will join forces again. 

Those behind the new drama describe Han and Jung as a "magical combination" and believe they will shine in a story that touches viewers' hearts. 

The drama is set to premiere in May. 

Above from The Korea Times 

^omo so it is not a story revolving around a long term relationship going into marriage. A case of you who came at the wrong place and wrong time? So ji min's character already has a boyfriend. Hmmm this would be interesting:)

Thank you as always @tok-soompi for the added information. I am looking forward to their magical combination:wub:

7 hours ago, unknown12 said:

if that's the case, many viewers gonna hate han ji min's character :joy:, we don't know yet, if she's gonna cheat or not. :lol:

That is what i am concerned too. It seems she has a long time boyfriend about to get married(that is what i thought her relationship with jhi would be)and then she would find a new love. That is clearly cheating right, lol. I hope the writer is clever enough not to make ji min's character hateful. How can you love another when you are already committed? Will this be another secret love affair only that she is not yet married? He who came at the wrong time lol. I'm intrigue:)

Archived