[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

with GS' assertiveness and self pride I think he will not just give  JI her freedom and knowing  the latter falling for a single dad/ pharmacist at such, most definitely it will hurt his ego.

If GS will forego with the wedding it is only for business purposes only not because they truly  love each other.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thoroughly impressed with the first two episodes. The story moved at a good pace, characters are established, and the actors did a real good job. I know people have reservations about this drama because of Pretty Noona but I had no problem with that or this one. I am going to enjoy JHI on screen. 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Dhakra I agree with you about GS. The foul play is a clue that GS will play dirty but we shouldn't forget that his father is against JI anyway and is already talking about marriage with assemblyman Jang. He will put him under pressure.   

He will, but I feel like, for a change, father don't have too much power in here like in other dramas. All of them are already in their 30s. I was totally surprised that JI's older sister even agreed to JI's words and also went against her father. This free spirit and talking back is quite unusual in dramas that touch this topic.

So yeah, GS father is already against it, but GS already told him he will sort it out, he doesn't want to be married with some girl, he wants to be married with JI. Unfortunately not because of love, which makes this whole topic not too sensitive for my taste.

I like to compare this drama to Secret Love Affair, which was also from the same director, and in there it was quite different. 

I feel like GS will only work against JI & JH because he won't accept denial and she turning him down, especially since he wants to marry. He doesn't want to marry her because of love, but he also doesn't want her to be with someone else.

Also a note, I am absolutely sure that we will meet JH's former girlfriend and the kids mom somewhen in an upcoming episode. Either she comes on her own and wants the kid for herself, or GS or his father (to pretend damage towards the family's name) dig her out somewhere and give her money so the "family" breaks apart.

One way or another, I am sure we will meet JH college girlfriend at one point and she & JI will clash pretty hard.

Talking about catfight

giphy.gif

@Dhakra You are right that the relationship between GS and his father is a little different from other K-dramas. GS seems to be more independent and he still expresses his disagreement with his father. However, GS didn't tell his father that he had already "proposed" to his girlfriend. He just told him that he would solve it. So he wasn't entirely honest with his father which reveals that GS is not really independent and firm towards his father. Secondly, we shouldn't forget that although JI's father is a school director, he is dependent of the chairman. The latter has the upper hand therefore I can imagine that GS's father might use JI's father as leverage against the son. Finally, GS relies on his father (social status, reputation) and he is not aware of it yet. I can imagine that GS will use tricks against JI and the pharmacist but the father could do the same with using other pawns (JI's father aso). So the father, so the son.  

@bebebisous33if he had, it would have been a mistake. Proposing wakes up expectations of his father, so I can understand his decision.

Of course there will be some power flexes by GS's father towards JI's father. They will also probably try to sabotage JI + JH's relationship. 

Like I said, I think one of the tricks will be the pharmacists ex-gf and mother of his son. 

But only time will tell, looking forward to next episode & more of the  OST.

Discussions here are becoming interesting, lively and i am loving it:D I watch live but unfortunately i can't do a live recap since i can barely understanding anything, just the basic korean words lol.Just really watching since i can't wait. One day to go:)

39 minutes ago, richelle said:

Discussions here are becoming interesting, lively and i am loving it:D I watch live but unfortunately i can't do a live recap since i can barely understanding anything, just the basic korean words lol.Just really watching since i can't wait. One day to go:)

Chingu, is it possible for you to post the link that you watch live for me? The other day, I looked everywhere but I couldn't find it :frown:. Thanks:).

In reference to cheating discussion, JI knows she is not being honest with KS, so in that sense she is cheating, but she is not admitting it to herself. The whole discussion outside restaurant bathroom between JI and JH is about lying.  JH is pretty straight forward and socially aware of what is happening between them.  He is also aware that she is in denial , telling herself that she is not doing anything wrong , why would they need to go back separately, when she pretended she did not know he was a pharmacist and had never met him before.   She is playing games and he calls her on it.  When she says he was not good at answering texts, he tells her, "I already told you my reason for not answering and you know it".  He is not a game player and doesn't want to be friends.  When she asks him if the reason he didn't want to be friends was because people would gossip about her, he looks at her and says, You know that is not the reason.  He knows she is smarter than the coy games she is playing.  BUT, he agrees to be friends, "Let's give it a go" because he realizes she is not quite ready to be honest with herself about why she wants to keep in contact with him, and he likes her enough to put up with it for awhile.  I do not think he would ever have agreed to be friends if he didn't think it was going to lead somewhere.  He knows she likes him, but she is having trouble admitting it to herself.

@INJINFAN thanku for your insights :D.In my opinion the only reason why she is in denial because she is confused at the moment what exactly her feeling are,she was living her usual life and all of sudden her interactions with jiho (from their first meeting until now them being friends)kinda put her on a spot.Good thing that she did was taking a break from relationship to sort out her thoughts.About why she pretended of not knowing him I would give her a benefit of doubt considering that lots of people were there (known unknown)she can't just say yeah she know him and they have met before it would be an awkward situation to deal with.I know she is taking a risk being friends(not playing tbh may be taking a safer side) with him cause no doubt she is interested in knowing him but to what extent that we have to see when things will unfold in future episodes.So in conclusion it's bit early to judge anyone and yeah as one of our friends in this thread said it's depend on people's perspective whether it's cheating or not.

I was only planning to lurk but then I saw @bebebisous33 here whose thorough analysis of the drama I loved before in Encounter thread. :)

I am falling more and more into this drama. I was only a casual viewer in Episode 1 curious after some of my online friends talked about this drama. I love the realistic approach. I hope writernim won't disappoint me. 

@Chellsee Thanks for the welcome.:wub::)

@Cheryl295 Thanks for the compliment.:wub::)

@INJINFAN @Pmyonly I like your analysis about JI. Yes, she is not entirely honest with GS but she is not really aware of her own feelings. Everything for her is new hence she is confused about her own feelings. That's why I can not say that she is in denial. She simply doesn't know what she is feeling right now. This explains why she has no problem to ask JH to become her friend. In my opinion, I would even say that JH is actually her real first love. Furthermore we have to imagine that JI has never been affectionate towards GS and the latter was the same. She was used to that kind of relationship, she didn't know what was missing in her relationship, until she met JH. Remember how the whole story started: JH showed interest in her which JI had never experienced before. GS has never really expressed interest in her like that. That's the moment she realized that something was missing in her relationship with GS, especially when she is in his car. She got upset by the way he proposed to her. She got annoyed that he thought about marriage because it was more convenient for him. Meeting JH made her realize that she liked being "courted". GS noticed that she was angry which showed that she was not indifferent to GS but she couldn't express her disappointment because GS would have realized that JI had suddenly changed. JI would have been in a terrible spot: she would have had to explain that a man flirted with her. GS has never wooed her because he relies on his social status and thought, he didn't need to do anything.

Secondly, I also think that her position in her family played a huge role. She is the second daughter. We heard from the mother that the eldest has never shown any affection, yet she used to confide to her mother a lot. JI took after LSI, she observed her eldest sister. She was obedient and not affectionate. Nonetheless, she was different as she was really frank and straightforward. We can see that JI has never feared her father and can easily express her disagreement. On the other hand, the youngest daughter looked at JI as her role model. The frankness from JI influenced her so that she is not obedient like her other sisters. She does what she wants, she is definitely more affectionate. Right now, JI still acts like the older sister who is reasonable... but we can clearly see that her sister has more experience with love and flirting. I have the impression that JI will play a huge role in her sister's divorce... she will influence her sister's personality, provoke a change in her as so far, LSI is still shy and doesn't express so openly her feelings and her own situation: an abused wife.    

Hello beautiful people... :heart:

Dear @Lawyerh chingu, you just influenced me to visit this thread!! :) And this thread already looks beautiful with everything!! Wave to @bebebisous33 & @thistle chingus as well!

I haven't watched this drama yet but it already attracts me with sweetness... So how do we go now..??! I think it's only 4 eps so far!!! And I love the pics of @Chellsee friend has posted above!! They look utterly cute together!!! :lol: Now I really need to watch this series.... 

Happy spring, ya'll!! :blush: I'll be back!!

458094717816377.jpg

My dear @gm4queen you must really watch this, so do join us... :kiss_wink:

@Phoenix26thanks for sharing the survey info... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“One Spring Night,” Jung Hae In, And Han Ji Min Become Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actors

âOne Spring Night,â Jung Hae In, And Han Ji Min Become Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actors

On May 28, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ratings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members.

MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “One Spring Night” topped the list of most buzzworthy dramas. After premiering to solid ratings on May 22, the drama became the most buzzworthy drama of the week, with Jung Hae In and Han Ji Min also placing No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, on the buzzworthy actors list.

Check out the top 10 TV dramas this week:

1. MBC “One Spring Night” – 21.07 percent

Z2ls8kfXwlji636946486715978251.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1328038wpp/one-spring-night-jung-hae-in-and-han-ji-min-become-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actors

@gm4queenI am glad that you are joining this thread, chingu! :) 

cr. to @gm4queen

458094717816377.jpg

This picture at the beginning of each episode doesn't just represent the title of this drama. To me, it also gives us clues about the story. The blossoming tree, a cherry tree, embodies the blossoming love between our leads, JH and JI because the cherry blossom is often a symbol of love and passion. We often see in K-dramas scenes where the main couple walks under cherry trees in bloom reinforcing the idea that this couple is fated to be together.

Besides this picture not only marks the start of their love, it is also illustrating that their love is bringing new sides of our characters. JI is changing, even her friend noticed that she smiles more and is more creative thanks to her new feelings. It was as if JI has come back to life and before, she was like hibernating. She was not really herself in reality but she had no idea. It is the same for JH who was so traumatized that he only worked and played basket ball during his spare time. Now, for the first time he started flirting with JI, he is definitely more active.

Finally, since their love is connected to a season, the spring, I would say that their love is natural and it can not be controlled by humans and society. GS won't be able to stop it... His fight will be pointless, nevertheless he has no idea about it.

The second aspect in this picture is the moon. I have the impression that their love is also very discreet and even secret because of the presence of the moon, since forbidden lovers usually meet during the night. I am not saying that their love is forbidden, far from it, it is just that it will grow unnoticed by the others. Notice that until now, no one is aware of their connection. Sure, in the next episode, her friend will see JI with JH, yet I am quite sure that JI will never tell her what really happened between her and JH. We know from the preview that JH will distance himself from her but I doubt that this move will make JI change her mind... like f. ex. she accepts GS's proposal. To me, it will have the opposite effect as JI is someone who wants to be respected and not be forced to do something. She wants to make her own decision. 

@thistle  @Chellsee@africandramalover @Cheryl295 @Lawyerh @Dhakra

Archived