[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

Finally OSN is on air. I was waiting for it after Touch Your Heart. Pretty Noona was very good at the start, however the later half of it really demotivated me. I didn’t finish it though. The first episode of OSN was so nice in an enough way. The acting, the music and the script, all were enjoyable enough. A little more of any aspects weren’t necessary and wouldn’t make any better first impression. Now there is something to look forward to every week. I do hope it would attract viewers until the very end.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way he secretly gave her a new set of chopsticks, the way he lied to make things unsuspicious, the way he runs back to his house to get his car and picks her up and his sweet gazes. Is it bad if I actually am loving this drama way more than HPL? I thought K-dramas are full of those aegyo filled relationships but I'm so glad I'm wrong!

Starting from the first to the last scene, I can really feel the 'thing' between JI and JH. If I'm in her shoes, I definitely will break up with GS lol. But then I feel so bad for him yet keep on chanting 'break up, break up' whenever the two are together... I'm a mean woman I know... this is all because of JHI/JH being the kindhearted, handsome man dad he is.

tumblr_prxu5yVV1m1vqlkb3o1_400.giftumblr_prxu5yVV1m1vqlkb3o8_r1_400.gif

(cr: https://kdramaseoul.tumblr.com)

I was literally saying 'eomma' when JI asked EU who she is and then he literally said 'eomma' hahahah! Now, all I want is to see JI's reaction on being called 'mom' and eventually became one for him!!!

I regret starting this drama this early:bawling:. I need Wednesday and Thursday to come quickly lol:D. Today's episode was amazing as usual. Some thoughts on it:

So YJH was in a relationship and the kid's mother disappeared one day. She appeared again after she was 8 months pregnant and then she disappeared again after she gave birth<_<. Apparently, according to the friend, YJH found out she left the country after he went looking for her all over the place. Unbelievable:expressionless::weary:.  No wonder, he is sensitive:(. This lady is definitely coming back to cause problems later:unamused:. What cracked me up was the fact that the boyfriend was like "what kind of woman would date him?" If only he knew his girlfriend fall for him in few minutes lol:mrgreen:. I already started to become mean lol:sweat_smile:.

Oldest sister is getting abused and is taking pictures as evidence. I hope she gets out of that marriage safe. That husband of hers is a scum-bag:rage:.

LJI suggested they become friends and girl is already in cloud nine lol. Look at her running to the washroom to fix her hair before her meeting with YJH and his son:sweat_smile:. she asks the son who she is and he answers back with "Mom" lol:lol:. The son is so cute:wub:. Her friend and boyfriend know that she is acting strange. I'm surprised she asked for a time off to gather her thoughts. This is not gonna last long though if we go by the preview. Boyfriend even suspects that there is someone else which is the truth. 

Jeong in said she hates lying. But just in the dinner alone, she already lied a couple of times lol. Can't wait for the next episodes. This is the reason why i don't watch airing dramas. The only exception is han ji min's dramas ofcourse lol:D

Currently on the second episode. Very interested in this series since I was a big fan of Something in the Rain. So far I can't help but skip some of the storylines of the sub characters. It's not grabbing my attention/curiosity compared to the sub characters in Something in the Rain. Hopefully, the series will improve over time.   

21 minutes ago, richelle said:

Can't wait for the next episodes. This is the reason why i don't watch airing dramas. 

@richelle you said it so well... I don't like waiting too!

At first, I'm really hesitant to start watching it, the drama just started and it's only 2 episodes. But with all the thoughts and comments shared, I told myself I have to see it not soon, but now! 

And now, I'm hooked! 

Some lovely gifs to survive until next week... All from DC.

viewimage.php?id=3eadc22febd536af69b7c2&

viewimage.php?id=3eadc22febd536af69b7c2&

10 minutes ago, richelle said:

Jeong in said she hates lying. But just in the dinner alone, she already lied a couple of times lol. Can't wait for the next episodes. This is the reason why i don't watch airing dramas. The only exception is han ji min's dramas ofcourse lol:D

I like how Ji Ho covered her lies naturally.  He's very considerate of her vs Gi Seok.  Gi Seok's competitiveness will come out when he learns Jeong in is falling for a single dad.  There are potentially so many obstacles for our couples, just hope the writing will be strong and  these obstacles will be written as delicious and addicting as possible.  No screeching parents pleeeeease!

Duplicate post, my data is acting up again. 

I also liked something in the rain but only the beginning episodes. Half of it is very hard to finish really. I think that is the reason why the writer add more family dynamics like jeong in who has 2 sisters with their own issues. Actually i rather have these additional characters than having the half of the series to be annoying and boring:)

35 minutes ago, ynnas said:

Currently on the second episode. Very interested in this series since I was a big fan of Something in the Rain. So far I can't help but skip some of the storylines of the sub characters. It's not grabbing my attention/curiosity compared to the sub characters in Something in the Rain. Hopefully, the series will improve over time.   

Glad you're here posting with us.  :)

I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot going on with the sub characters in Spring Night.  If you skip now, you might miss something!

@richelle,  I too really enjoyed early episodes of something in rain, but haven't gotten the drive to finish the second half.

So far Jeong In is very expressive and not afraid to speak her mind. This is a plus point compared to how the pretty noona's character was written.

19 minutes ago, Kooslee said:

@richelle,  I too really enjoyed early episodes of something in rain, but haven't gotten the drive to finish the second half.

That makes three of us then.  I couldn't get through the last part of Something in the Rain either, and I was really disappointed the way that things sort of fell apart.  

Hopefully the writer has learned a lesson and will do much better with Spring Night.  The story in the first episodes is already tighter and more cohesive.  I really liked the way that our leads told each other their issues immediately.  And I also like that they don't exactly realize that there are rumblings going on in the background with the people around them--that's gonna make for some good drama.

"One Spring Night" Compared to "Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food"

photo1065225.jpg

Since the conception of "One Spring Night" as a project it has been compared to "Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food" as a possible spiritual successor project. After all, both dramas share the same lead actor, Jung Hae-in, and the same director, Ahn Pan-seok. Both dramas have similar themes of a happy present day compared to an ambivalent romantic future - "One Spring Night" is only really missing Son Ye-jin to top it all off.

Now that the drama has actually started, immediate differences between the two dramas are much more obviously apparent. The lead characters, instead of being adrift in life, are shown to have actual commitments and plans. Jung Hae-in's character, Ji-ho, has a son, and Han Ji-min's character is focused on marriage.

photo1065224.jpg

Some of the themes and performances between the two dramas are similar, as to be expected. More cast and crew are shared between the two productions than just the lead actor and director. But compared to "Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food", "One Spring Night" appears to be focusing more on how romantic relationships are shaped by change, with stronger social commentary on what marriage is, why some people want it, and whether that's important.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-one-spring-night-compared-to-pretty-sister-who-buys-me-food-129930.html

"One Spring Night" is directed by Ahn Pan-seok, written by Kim Eun, and features Han Ji-min, Jung Hae-in, Kim Joon-han, Im Sung-eon, Joo Min-kyung, Song Seung-hwan. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/05/22~Now airing, Wed, Thu 22:00 on MBC.

"Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food" is directed by Ahn Pan-seok, written by Kim Eun, and features Son Ye-jin, Jung Hae-in, Jang So-yeon, Jung Yoo-jin, Joo Min-kyung, Lee Joo-young. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2018/03/30~2018/05/19, Fri, Sat 22:45 on jTBC.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

That makes three of us then.  I couldn't get through the last part of Something in the Rain either, and I was really disappointed the way that things sort of fell apart.  

Hopefully the writer has learned a lesson and will do much better with Spring Night.  The story in the first episodes is already tighter and more cohesive.  I really liked the way that our leads told each other their issues immediately.  And I also like that they don't exactly realize that there are rumblings going on in the background with the people around them--that's gonna make for some good drama.

Actually, SITR is one of the dramas that took ages for me to finish lol. I have this habit of donwloading dramas so i make sure i finish it even if it is really bad. My effort of downloading the episodes is what gives me the reason to finish all haha.

There is something with OSN that makes me smile just by seeing yjh and lji together. Their relationship has this excitement and attraction that can't be denied. I was actually smiling while watching. I guess part of it can be attributed to their amazing chemistry. What if they become passionate, i don' know if i can handle it lol. The dagger look jeong in gave jae in if she makes a move with ji ho is just gold lol. And the conversations, very real. It has been a while since i have watched a melodrama and the 2 episodes are so good. I hope the writer can continue with the succeeding episodes. This writer might actually redeem herself if she will do it right this time. But it seems that we are on the right track so my hopes are up:)

@greezlybee @thistle @Chellsee I'm with you guys. I also am enjoying HPL, but this one has a slow quiet realness compared the fairy tale comedy of HPL. 

Can't wait for next week! For viewing I'd prefer to wait until the series is finished, but I know  I won't be able to resist. Plus if I don't watch it live I won't be able to keep up with the forum in real time.

Archived