[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

Episode 6 (11/12)

• Don't know if JI is just trying to comfort JH, but her saying that it has nothing to do with him is not something JH wants to hear. He wants to be at least a reason. 
  • Eun-U is into his "new" mom so much, it was so cute that he wanted to talk to her on the phone and she actually wanted it too. I think she will totally take this step mom role. 
    I loved JH facial expression in this scene, seeing JI like that made him fall for her a thousand times again. He knows he found a keeper.
  • JH & GS will have quite a hard battle over JI. Although JI already chose JH, he still doubts himself and if what he does is right. You can always see how uncomfortable and almost scared he is, when JI talks to GS and he sees them together. 
  • Seo In scene was so hard to see, she hold her stomach......I guess he beat her. Gosh....I hate him so much.....I hope at one point someone beats the crap out of him. He should taste his own medicine. The whole apartment was a chaos. :( 
  • Her plot keeps me busy the most these days, she should really seek for help and make people more aware of her situation, but that's probably not as easy in korea. I hate seeing such a lady being treated like this, she needs allies fast, people that protect and help her. 
  • I will never understand why GS doesn't feel threatened by JH just because he's a single father. GS is so selfish and blind, his pride and ego is really something to hate. 
  • Jae In may be the youngest at the table, but she is so smart and I liked how she talked back to GS.
  • So...are GS & JI back together again? How lame is that. That was way too quick and...not to mention.....totally not what I wanted to see. 
  • The only thing that annoys me in this episode and probably also in the last is the lack of progress the OTP made, it always feels like they make a step forward and during the middle or end they take that step back again and start over. The initial fast pacing is somehow gone and I feel like we are somehow a bit stuck, unless someone has the courage and make a move.
  • Talking about moves, I think JH is ready to make one, his eyes changed during the phone call, it seems his mind also changed. I hope this will take us a step forward for real this time. 
  • And based on the preview.......don't you dare and make a time skip. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite moment from yesterday episode

tumblr_psq673yuMF1we1ub0_1280.jpg

:heart:Their chemistry is too good,right now there isn't any physical intimacy yet their scenes together made our heart flutter :wub:

@gm4queen waving back :wub: hope you will catch up soon:D thanku for your sharing your thoughts

that touch...:heart: giddy giddy me! :blush:

BTS

love reading everyone's insights on the two previous episodes..love to share mine it is just that Im under the weather for a couple of days now .will do mine soon.

but until then, please keep your comments in and as I really love reading them..

Happy Weekend Everyone! :)

cant wait for upcoming episodes next week! JH & JI making a step further on thier relationship..more skinship please !

@hushhh the goth librarian look made me laugh. Because I can just imagine it. I go to various libraries a lot. I don't remember a single memorable librarian in Uni actually. But in our state, you can borrow books from any library within the state. When I am not watching Kdramas I go or rotate between 3 libraries. None of the librarians here are flashy dressers.

What I wanted to comment was- how tiny or thin Is HJM? Ok everyone turn to your left or right and check your tummy profile. 

I swear HJM was in a sideways scene. And her waist was tiny. Miniscule. You know how they say a camera puts on 10lb to your face or body? Well I do recall marveling at her tiny, absolutely tiny barely there waist. It was so narrow it looked as if it was a cm thick on the screen.

I have watched Love 020 the movie, ep 1 of Before You Were Married, finished a book,  finished the last ep of a drama, skipped through 20 episodes of Well intentioned love and still managed to rewatched the phone conversation in the bedroom scene. All between ep 5 and 6. And had a family to look after and I am not even a housewife. Apparently I may not have enough sleep though.

I think this drama has some really nuanced writing. And I am happy with the slow burn. The tension is done so well. Every time the BGM turns to minor chords I tense up. And whenever that repeated 2 OSTs came on I cringed.

Have moved on from the clothes. Am now moving onto whether the director is going to give sunlit scenes now. I honestly laughed when I saw JI outdoors. In the sun. Amongst the flowers.

This director made me laugh. 

I think it's not only GS who will do a scene to JI but his dad will do the same !

even he doesn"t like JI but he won't accept she dumps his son

the same with GS.... I don't think he " really" loves JI he just " think" he loves her !

If he really loves her he won't do a scene if she loves another guy !

the same with SH; Seo Jin's husband !

"I don't love you but you must stay with me for ever" !

They are selfist haizzzzzzzzz !

Drama milk has a 1-8 (1-4) mini recap, and an episodes 9-10 (5) recap, see link.

https://www.dramamilk.com/one-spring-night-episode-9-and-10-recap/

The episode 5 recap is interesting, they have some of the car scene dialogue - that reads a bit different from the Netflix subs. I think it was @ck1Oz that mentioned this a few pages back.

So much angst! As much as I love it I need to step away and watch something fluffy, give my heart a rest.

20 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Since everyone is talking about JI's fashion and outfit, here you go...

I guess outfit doesn't matter with this man... He saw JI's "hangover look" and he even find it attractive! :joy:

Reveal hidden contents

New official and behind the scene photos to enjoy while waiting. (more under spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Regarding JI's clothes:  This director is big on color palettes and thematic moods, etc.  JI's clothes are neutral and bland, maybe expensive, but definitely not sexy.  You are right that they fit her job and her professionalism, but I think they represent the fact that she is not in touch with her sexuality.  Her love life is bland and uninteresting and so is her appearance.  Let's see if she pays more attention to  her appearance as she expresses her attraction to JH.  Probably will lean toward spring colors like the yellow sweater at the end of the last episode.

This scene with GS. This is really good. JI has bottled everything up in his heart and she explodes. The thing is JH just makes it clear for her. Yes it is still hard to cut all ties with GS since they have been part of each others lives for long, marriage certification is just missing. But her heart and happiness should be her priority not comfort and what others will say. I think next week episodes will be the final closure with GS and I really can't wait:D

Jung-In's Fashion

When I first watching the drama I thought it was "out of season". Even though it was set in spring the color worn were so dark and neutral that it seemed a weird choice for a spring/summertime drama.  It seemed more appropriate for a late autum/winter drama.

Then I realized a couple of things:

1- It isn't a rom-com but a drama.

2- it is a drama-working within social realism.  Except for Gi-Suk's father we don't have any ridiculously wealthy people and no wealthy women.  The characters look realistically middle-class.

3- The only person who carries the sense of "fashion" that usually show up on Kdrama is Seo-In. That makes sense because the has a public facing career and is a bit of a celebrity.  If they wanted more fun extravagant pieces Jae-In's character would be better suited for those kind of costumes than  Jung-In. 

4- The costuming for this is more akin to the costuming palate for My Ajusshi  and  I Heard it Through the Grapevine.  The characters in Grapevine were very wealthy so there were some very expensive costume pieces.

5- Costuming is meant to define character and I think Sung-In's clothes is a good reflection of who she is at this time. As the character changes her costuming might change--or not.  To my mind Jung-in in more fashionable costumes make for good product placement, not character development.  

6- I don't find Jung-In's costumed dowdy.  I find them understated.  There was one episode when she wore a stunning (beige?) micro-pleated skirt that I found impressive.

7- I sometimes watch Korean drama and are amaze at the costuming choices for officewear.  I just shrug and figure I don't know Korea as well as the costumers so I should just go with it.

GS really annoyed me as he considered JH as no thread because he has a son. Even Jae In was bothered by his remark and behavior. Furthermore, I got annoyed how he grabbed JI's hand in front of her flat. He was kind of "violent".

@Dhakra Yes, the episodes seem to confirm that LSI's superior will be involved in her fight. He does care about her. I have the impression that LSI decided to quit in order to force her husband to divorce her. She is the one who brings the money into their household. Once she quits, SH can no longer use her job for the application of the loan. LSI has always been his cash cow. SH is narcissic and delusional. He really thinks too highly of himself. However, little by little his flaws are witnessed by others. I hope, he ends up in jail.

JI was right to say that she had other reasons why she should break up with GS. JH was the one who had her eyes opened. She realized that something was missing in her relationship, then she got aware of her boyfriend's flaws. GS says that he would break up with his girlfriend if she cheated but actually the opposite will happen in my opinion. Since GS used the word "revenge" and "bruised ego", I think, this is going to happen.

While JH met GS, he could see how GS perceives JI. He doesn't really love her.

I don't think, GS's father is warming up to JI. I had rather the impression that the chairman wanted to give him a job and in exchange, there would be no marriage between their children. The father smiled, when he asked f they had broken up. Since JI's father is stupid, he thought that the chairman was creating more ties between the two families with this job but he didn't pay attention to the chairman's words.    

@gm4queen Welcome:D. Hope you catch up and the technician does comes to fix your internet cuz this is the only thing we can't live without lol:sweatingbullets::mrgreen:.

Finally finished watching EP 6 and OMG, that ending:scream:, JH has finally lost it. I can't believe he did that while he was sitting next to GS. This drama makes me have a heart attack:skull:. The more he spends time with JI, the more we are learning he is not who we knew from the beginning. She is bringing out the worst part of him and I love it lol. It seems like we will have a small time jump after JI end things with GS. I love what she said in the preview. It basically means that she will stick with him no matter what, when she makes up her mind and that means a lot to JH. 

@bebebisous33 You are right, GS dad has no intention of accepting JI. His conversation with GS confirmed that after he jokingly asked if they broke up and saw GS expression. He knows what's up and that's why he invited her to have a meal with him for the first time. GS has no idea what he agreed to lol. He just dug his own grave. JI dad is indeed stupid. There is no such a thing as a free meal in this world. He knows GS dad is not very fond of his daughter yet he is still pushing this marriage issue. He is another person who is in for rude awakening. 

SA husband, son of b""""""h, he beat her up:rage:. Poor SA has no support because she has an idiot dad who sold her out, a mom that she can't tell the truth, 2 sisters that her scum-bag husband is threatening her with, no friends and a society who fail their victims. It's a good thing that she quit her job because he can't use her income anymore but I'm scared he is gonna harm her again when he finds out:crazy:. She needs to pack her bags now and move to JI apartment even if she makes up some excuse with her sisters. He might end up killing her before she even get divorce:tears:.

Regarding ES real mom, hopefully she doesn't try to claim being ES mom and cause a scene when she sees JH being truly happy with someone other than her. Now I really wonder what happened though. We always hear other people's opinion but never what JH has to say about the woman. His friends and parents think that he will go crazy if they mention her but JH doesn't look like he has any feelings left for her and is more worried about dating JI and caring for ES. Whether she had postnatal depression, her family not approving of JH, her getting threatened to leave JH and ES or getting an opportunity of a lifetime is not a reason to abandon your child. Let's see what she does when she appears.

Sorry for the long post lol. Thanks everyone for posting and sharing your opinions:heart:. Wednesday is so far:bawling:.

Thank you all for keeping this track so lively!!  Love to hear all your thoughts.  :wub:

The recent last time i enjoyed a melo is "when the smile left your eyes".  But that drama has a thriller aspect in it.  Which of course have many cliffhanger of situations.  1st time i watch a purely love story to have so many cliff hanger situations.  Its like someone might caught your feelings and we do not know how messy it might be if found out.  Brilliant!!  Keep it up!

16 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

Thank you all for keeping this track so lively!!  Love to hear all your thoughts.  :wub:

The recent last time i enjoyed a melo is "when the smile left your eyes".  But that drama has a thriller aspect in it.  Which of course have many cliffhanger of situations.  1st time i watch a purely love story to have so many cliff hanger situations.  Its like someone might caught your feelings and we do not know how messy it might be if found out.  Brilliant!!  Keep it up!

Melo is not my favorite genre however if done right and it's realistic, then I'm all in. My recent one was also " When The Smile Left Your Eyes" and it was beautiful:bawling:. My Ajusshi was another one. But this one, I have no words to describe. I'm praying that the writer doesn't screw up this wonderful piece:persevere:

I'm happy for them with the ratings:wub:. A lot of people are watching it:heart:.

7 hours ago, lu09 said:

@gm4queen Welcome:D. Hope you catch up and the technician does comes to fix your internet cuz this is the only thing we can't live without lol:sweatingbullets::mrgreen:.

Finally finished watching EP 6 and OMG, that ending:scream:, JH has finally lost it. I can't believe he did that while he was sitting next to GS. This drama makes me have a heart attack:skull:. The more he spends time with JI, the more we are learning he is not who we knew from the beginning. She is bringing out the worst part of him and I love it lol. It seems like we will have a small time jump after JI end things with GS. I love what she said in the preview. It basically means that she will stick with him no matter what, when she makes up her mind and that means a lot to JH. 

@bebebisous33 You are right, GS dad has no intention of accepting JI. His conversation with GS confirmed that after he jokingly asked if they broke up and saw GS expression. He knows what's up and that's why he invited her to have a meal with him for the first time. GS has no idea what he agreed to lol. He just dug his own grave. JI dad is indeed stupid. There is no such a thing as a free meal in this world. He knows GS dad is not very fond of his daughter yet he is still pushing this marriage issue. He is another person who is in for rude awakening. 

SA husband, son of b""""""h, he beat her up:rage:. Poor SA has no support because she has an idiot dad who sold her out, a mom that she can't tell the truth, 2 sisters that her scum-bag husband is threatening her with, no friends and a society who fail their victims. It's a good thing that she quit her job because he can't use her income anymore but I'm scared he is gonna harm her again when he finds out:crazy:. She needs to pack her bags now and move to JI apartment even if she makes up some excuse with her sisters. He might end up killing her before she even get divorce:tears:.

Regarding ES real mom, hopefully she doesn't try to claim being ES mom and cause a scene when she sees JH being truly happy with someone other than her. Now I really wonder what happened though. We always hear other people's opinion but never what JH has to say about the woman. His friends and parents think that he will go crazy if they mention her but JH doesn't look like he has any feelings left for her and is more worried about dating JI and caring for ES. Whether she had postnatal depression, her family not approving of JH, her getting threatened to leave JH and ES or getting an opportunity of a lifetime is not a reason to abandon your child. Let's see what she does when she appears.

Sorry for the long post lol. Thanks everyone for posting and sharing your opinions:heart:. Wednesday is so far:bawling:.

Sorry but it sounds so negative. Actually, JI is bringing JH back to life. He used to be more lively and brave, until he had that experience with Eun Woo's mother. What caught my attention in their different conversations is the way they express themselves. Both show their hurt and even explain how they feel and how the words and actions of the other affect them. Both describe each other as selfish aso but fact is, their exchange outlines that they reveal their true personality.

It also illustrates the equity in their relationship, while it was never like that with GS. The latter always saw himself superior to JI and had the upper-hand in their couple. He even declared to JH that after one month, the emotions started disappearing and this shows that GS had such an impact on JI. I have always said that JI had adapted herself to GS's wishes. It was also underlined with HS's words, when he said that GS talks about marrying JI but it doesn't look like he wants to marry her.  

As for LSI, her refusal to confine the abuse to someone points out that she has internalized SH's words who told her that if she got divorced, she would get involved in a scandal which would ruin her career. SH makes sure with these words that she connects her marriage to her career. However, LSI should realize that SH would be the target of the scandal, people would sympathize with her. 

Archived