[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- When JH and JI little date finishes, JI is in the car with GS<_<. Girl, WTH are you doing?????? GS drives her to the first place they met and proposes by giving her a ring. He even hugs her:rage:. Tsk tsk tsk tsk JI, you are not supposed to accept this:triumph:. I'm with her little sister with this. She should have thrown the damn ring away......

- Bless HS big mouth because news reach JH and his day is completely ruined. He calls GS and they meet up. Well, we gonna need subs for their conversation but it's looks like JH had the last word. 

- JI is at work when she finds out JH met up with GS and knows about the proposal. She runs off and waits for JH to reach home at her friend's apartment. JH is already in the washroom when she rings the bell and he answers the door lol. He comes out from the bathroom when she hugs him from behind. It looks like he is not that angry with her... They talk over the table with JI drinking beer while JH prepares his coffee. We need subs but the funny part is when JH tries to kiss her, he hits himself lol. And then we see JI jacket on the couch, beer cans over the table and JH and JI on bed:naughty:. JH better get a big bed lol:mrgreen: but this will do it for now Imao:glasses:. It was hilarious when JI went on top of JH and was kissing him, she saw EW picture and got embarrassed lol. JH had to turn the picture away ROFL:joy::mrgreen:. This is one bed scene I will never forget lol:mrgreen::joy:.

FINALLY THEY MADE IT! :lol: 

Now please JH put a ring on her finger! Quick! Before GS did!

for a better brightness :D

P.S. I LIKE HOW THE PD WORKED THIS SCENE TO A HEART FLUTTERING ONE INSTEAD A SEXY ONE THAT IS TOO COMMON

Looks like in the preview, GS or GS dad sends JH and EW pictures to JI parent's house:expressionless:. Is it just me who wants to put these 4 men in a volcano:skull::unamused: so that there is nothing left of them.......:expressionless:.

On the bright side, we are finally getting our little family outing:relaxed::heart:..

so that JH freshly bathed.  my mind running wild! as Ive said in one of my posts yesterday  my imagination came true!:blush: JH and Ji did it!! the ending made me squeal and my heart flips flops! :love:  the scene was  aww...:love:

family outing next week..I like that JI confronts GS who is still so annoying!

JI made up with JH  by  giving her all   .

EP 12 SUBS UP ON NETFLIX  

I believe that JI's biggest mistake is to keep calling GS "oppa". Actually, she should call him by his name in order to outline that they are over. 

I have not seen the scene yet where JI takes the ring from GS but I can somehow understand why JI took it. As long as the ring is not on her finger... Don't forget that she is walking on a thin line between her father, GS and GS's father. If she had thrown it away, her father would have blamed her and put her more under pressure. He would have reproached her that she was jeopardizing his future position. Right now, JI is trying to lower the pressure coming from her father. She is still showing some respect, although she had put her boundaries.

I don't know why but somehow, I wished, JI's father would be really punished for his greed and selfishness. His wife decides to leave him as he shows no respect towards his daughters. The way he treats her even bothers me a lot. She has to take care of him: he leaves his clothes lying around, he wants some fruits... he considers her as his house maid and he even looks down on her arts.   

I've seen nothing but from the forum view SI now has to make sure she protects her child and her visual journal of her abuse.  I don't think SH knows about it as yet. It becomes dangerous if he knows because he's the kind of person to burn the building down to get rid of it.

I suspect that it is just a matter of time before SI will release the files to the public if SH continues to try to imprison her.

The series is beautifully shot and so cinematic  I felt obliged to check the PD.  Turns out An Pan-Seo is the director that sent me to Soompi.  He tell amazingly beautiful and satisfying. This is the third of his series I've watched.  I Heard it Through the Grapevine  is the series that brought me to Soompi.  I'm in the process of rewatching.  I started to watch Secret Affair, but had to stop.  The civilized cruelty in it was too much for me to stomach.  I highly recommend both series, even though I couldn't finish one.

From those series it seems his work does an in depth examination of the corruption that infest the rich and connected.  The brings you the entire eco-system; the rich and powerful,  the powerful by proximity, the near rich, the factotums that serve them. In the two drama i mentioned the world is disrupted with a member of the eco-system falls in love with someone who doesn't qualify and begin to make rebellious choices.  And his characters are often super smart or talented.

The PD has worked with several of the actors before.

Jae-In

Heard it through the Grapevine

Something in the Rain

Ji's Dad

Ahjumma

JI's Mom

End of the World

How Long I've Kissed

Secret Affair

Grapevine

Rain

Seo-In

Behind the White Tower

JH

Something in the Rain

JH's dad

Rain

JH's Mom

Grapevine

Pharmacist Noona

Secret Affair

Grapevine

Rain

Jae-In's Boyfriend

Rain

GS's Dad

Behind the White Tower

Secret Affair

Rain

This drama is interesting in that he's dealing with middle, upper middle, and rich but on a rational scale.  Also the super rich aren't the focus of the system.

So from my limited knowledge of the PD's work, i fully expect the social order to be disrupted and SH to have his behind handed to him.

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe that JI's biggest mistake is to keep calling GS "oppa". Actually, she should call him by his name in order to outline that they are over. 

Yes!  This has bothered me from the moment she told him that they were over.  She needs to let him know clearly by calling him GS.  Every time she says oppa, he has to think he still has a chance.

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't know why but somehow, I wished, JI's father would be really punished for his greed and selfishness. 

The problem I have with JIDad is that he is so blind to the needs of other people that it goes beyond selfishness and essentially becomes a form of narcissistic monomania.  No one has the right to use other people like that.  I cannot imagine how his character will be resolved by the end of this drama because it is nearly impossible to make such a person see the light.

...........editing to say that I am highly amused to see that someone has started a poll on Tumblr to ask who viewers hate most:  JI's ex-boyfriend or JI's dad.  Someone replied that they need a "both" option.  :lol:

1 hour ago, unknown12 said:

FINALLY THEY MADE IT! :lol: 

Now please JH put a ring on her finger! Quick! Before GS did!

for a better brightness :D

P.S. I LIKE HOW THE PD WORKED THIS SCENE TO A HEART FLUTTERING ONE INSTEAD A SEXY ONE THAT IS TOO COMMON

That brightness explained it all. I would not have seen how she looked up to see the picture frame because of the “ambient” low lighting. This is the 2nd time we see JI’s funny bone still working even during sexy time. The first one was the ramen-flavored kiss by the doorway and she had to poke JH with chopsticks. :joy:

@thistle Between GS's father and JI's father, I would choose the latter from the parents' generation. LTH is the worst in my opinion. To some extent, I believe that the chairman Kwon does love his son but he is not able to show his love. He believes that GS loves JI hence he wants to do anything for him. Sure, this is not right but at least, he thinks, this would make his son happy.

I would choose SH over GS in the younger generation. Sh is the worst: the biggest liar and manipulator. His excuse for the abuse was that he was drunk!!! No, he did it in order to feel better. He is struggling financially and he is so delusional (his expansion is so unreal and it will only bring more debts and not solve the problem).

@Hushhh,

I love director Ahn Pan Seuk.  My first Kdrama was SITR with many of the same actors that are in Spring Night.  He loves to work with an ensemble crew.  Next I watched Secret Love Affair, and I have started, but not finished "A Wife's Credentials".  I plan to watch "Heard it through the Grapevine", also.  They are hard to watch because they deal with such real life, gut wrenching heartbreak.  All are melodramatic and thought provoking.  You are right about his interest in the class system in Korea.  In SITR and SLA, both women fall in love with someone who is not accepted in their family's social circle.  "A Wife's Credentials" deals with the insane competition in upper class society for children to excel academically and the pressure that puts on their mothers, who see it as their number one job.  (I think that is what Sky Castle is about also.). We barely (last minute) got a happier ending in SITR; I wonder if it was in the original script.  Makes me wonder how Spring Night will turn out; hope he listens to viewers.  He must be great to work for, because actors keep coming back to him.  Son Ye Jin said he promised that she would eat and sleep on time, one of the reasons big stars often turn down 16 episode tv dramas because of the grueling schedules.  Apparently he is better at scheduling, so that everyone does not have to come and stay all day and night.  And notice all the eating during filming; not a coincidence.

Releasing the news that LSI is pregnant will backfire on SH. He thinks that this revelation will stop her from getting a divorce. However, with these news, it will get the attention of the media, once she files for a divorce and the abuse is revealed. LSI was actually protecting him all this time, when she asked for a divorce. She wanted to come to an agreement. She wanted to avoid any scandal... she wasn't just protecting her career, in the end, her actions were protecting her husband's reputation. This scandal (pregnancy, divorce due to abuse) will have an impact on the citizens and might change their view about single parents. 

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Sh is the worst: the biggest liar and manipulator. His excuse for the abuse was that he was drunk!!! No, he did it in order to feel better. He is struggling financially and he is so delusional (his expansion is so unreal and it will only bring more debts and not solve the problem).

Also the times he saw him go after SI he was not drunk.  He wanted his way and was about to beat her into submission.

Archived