[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

4 hours ago, xXMzSmilesXx said:

Divorce via Court Ruling

In order to get divorced through trial, each party is usually expected to hire a lawyer to go through the process, because it is comparatively more complicated and difficult than divorce through mutual agreement. Korea’s Family Court decisions acknowledge that the ‘spouse in fault’ is not permitted to initiate divorce proceedings through trial.

In order to file a divorce through court, you need some grounds for it. Following are some of the grounds for divorce as listed in the Civil Law article 840:

– Adultery**

– Malicious desertion

– Abuse by the spouse

– Abuse by the spouse’s lineal descendent or ascendant(child, grandchild, parents, grandparents, etc.).

– if the spouse is missing and it is unknown if s/he is dead or alive for a period of at least 3 years

– other causes that make it difficult to continue in the marriage"

Cr: Seoul Lawyers

Side note: I know you didn't ask this but interesting just this year changed their abortion laws and LEGALISED it after 66 year. Everyone has their own opinion on abortion, I'm just grateful that now women in Korea have a choice for abortion.

Screen+Shot+2019-04-11+at+20.34.51.png

Cr: pannatic

@adibadiba Check your pm! :) 

@xXMzSmilesXx Thanks a lot! 

I have a feeling this thread is not only about watching one series but also about exploring the hole structure of the Korean society.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let us take a peek at LeeYoo's KKT chat on last week's ep while waiting for tonight's ep hehehe

D84Yr7DV4AACpYk?format=jpg&name=900x900

Pharmacist (Jiho) : today is the basketball day

JungIn : I see

Jiho : why is it? 

JungIn : It's nothing~ Have fun playing, dont get injured 

JungIn : where are you? 

Spoiler

I demand to read all of their chat history!  XD

I have the impression that JH's mother is a little prejudiced towards JI because she has never been married or doesn't have a child herself. Since JH and Eun Woo were left behind by the girlfriend/mother, she imagines that a girlfriend without prior commitment will behave the same way than the girlfriend/mother of EW. 

Besides, she can not imagine that a woman without any experience with children can become a real mother. That's why I believe that once she sees how JI interacts with EW, JH's mother will change her mind. It happened with GS's father, why not the same with JH's mother?

By the way, the episode 7 outlined one more time how different GS and JH are, when it comes to JI. Even if JH was kind of angry at JI in the beginning, his anger didn't diminish his love for her. He preferred to meet JI than to spend time with his friends. Although he has already eaten, he wants to spend more time with her hence they go to a restaurant. He didn't let her enter her friend's flat. On the other hand, GS always prioritizes work and friends over JI, even if his relationship with JI is in danger. He really thought that JI would accept that GS would postpone their meeting. Furthermore he knew that JI wanted to break up with him and deep down, used work as excuse for not showing up. 

Actually, JI already said three times that she wanted to break up with him but GS never accepted it. He refused it. He used as excuse time (he needed time), later his flaws (he will just work harder), finally his father (episode 7). He knew nothing about JH therefore it outlines that without JH, GS would never accept the break up, unless he is the one who decides to dump her. Now, since JH is in the equation, GS will be even more determined to make it harder for JI to dump him.

In my opinion, his refusal is not just linked to his bruised pride. GS dislikes not to have the upper-hand in the couple. And since JI is no longer clinching onto him, the dynamic in the couple has changed. JI doesn't feel obliged to accept everything from GS. 

@xXMzSmilesXx Thanks so much for finding all that info.  I guess SI only has two choices: get him to agree or have a really messy public trial.  I guess her plan is to threaten him with the picture evidence so he will agree.  But if she gives up her job, status and money, he may let her go anyway.  He doesn't think she could ever go that far, but if she does and there is no money, why would he hold onto her, baby or not?  His only recourse then will be anger and violence toward her out of frustration.  He might cause her to lose the baby.

After watching the episode 7 again, I came to realize why GS bought the ring. Remember that JI tried three times to officially end their relationship but each time GS refused to accept the break up. In the episode 7, he uses the excuse that his father wants to meet her which JI agrees. So since JI had expressed in an earlier fight that she really disliked his parents's disapproval which she was aware of, GS thinks that since his father has shown an interest in JI, the latter will change her mind. Furthermore, for GS, his father is a huge point why JI would accept the marriage: his reputation and his social position. She would climb up the social ladder with this marriage. All this shows that GS thinks like his father, a woman will choose a marriage based on socio-economical criterion: a marriage is a business. As conclusion, GS's mentality outlines that he doesn't know JI that well in the end. Moreover, it also reveals that he really doesn't love her. 

For GS, JI is the perfect partner because she put up with him for 4 years without complaining too much. Now, they are arguing more often, since JI decided that she would no longer be an obedient and submissive girlfriend. For GS, just a promise "I'll do better in the future" is enough, while in reality he doesn't change that much. He keeps prioritizing his work and friends in the episode 7.

1 hour ago, INJINFAN said:

I guess SI only has two choices: get him to agree or have a really messy public trial.  I guess her plan is to threaten him with the picture evidence so he will agree.  But if she gives up her job, status and money, he may let her go anyway.  He doesn't think she could ever go that far, but if she does and there is no money, why would he hold onto her, baby or not?  His only recourse then will be anger and violence toward her out of frustration.  He might cause her to lose the baby.

My worry is that, he is such a stereotypical patriarchal a**hole that SI being pregnant would in fact be a motivating factor for him to stay in the marriage. If they do follow the pregnancy narrative strand, I hope that SI has the guts to show her evidence to the police. I honestly think her showing him her collated evidence of abuse will just lead to him further terrorising her as she is (although it seems like she doesn't know herself) within this cycle of abuse. From my own observation on Korean society, the position of anchorwoman in Korea seems to hold a high position for both intellect and beauty. They are basically the perfect "wife-material" for chaebol/celebrities, so SH would definitely not divorce SI if she stayed in that position. And that's one of the reason why SI quit her job as an anchor, which honestly suck because she seems to enjoy her occupation.:(

21 minutes ago, lu09 said:

It is gonna get messy tomorrow:pensive:. Can't we just get an episode without conflict:bawling:?

Hahahahahaha !!

I think korean vewers like the conflicts......lokk in drama Mother of mine it's really a headache !

Episodes started with JH and GS. Needs subs for their conversation. JI still with her sisters. Then GS comes to see JI and they talk. As usual he is in denial but this time, JI is really done. JI and JH talk over the phone and JH tells her to give GS a time because he has been there before. Today too much conversations lol:sweatingbullets:. We need subs:lol:

Scene moves to SI coming from the hospital. She really is pregnant:bawling:. She buys some groceries and eats alone at home:tears:. She has no one to talk to and tell her what to do. SH is on the phone talking to someone and SI comes to see him. They go out for lunch and she gives him money from the sale of their apartment. She hands him divorce papers and tells him to please sign it. He is not having it and tells her he will do better:crazy:

@bebebisous33 yes it was:)

Archived