[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Ji Min's kissing, i think it depends on how comfortable she is with Jung Hae In.  :wub:

Article from Hellokpop:

MBC

K-DRAMA

K-Drama Mid-Series Check: “One Spring Night” Keeps Engaging Mood But Struggles On A Love Triangle Impasse

By abbyinhallyuland | June 17, 2019

FROM OPENING WEEK, ONE SPRING NIGHTHAS ENGAGED AUDIENCE WITH ITS COMPLICATED LOVE STORY.

But the web of lies and indecisiveness focused on the female lead slowly drags the progress of One Spring Night.  Moreover, it’s baffling how the emotionally taxing love triangle in the narrative makes the viewer still endure where it’s heading. That girl-make-up-your-mind circling love predicament from episodes 3 to 6 gives a test to the audience to stay or not in watching till the very end.

Ideally, halfway mark of drama series would have set a turning point for the story. MBC’s well-received romance melodrama has sure set forth to follow that timeline. In fact, we didn’t know the process of breaking up can be so debilitating even in fictional world setting until One Spring Night.

Rising from the predicament of falling out of love with her long-term boyfriend, Jung In grappled on a bittersweet reality. The love for Gi Suk has long been gone, and in a twist of fate, she also met a warm-hearted man with whom her heart beats for with a new love.

The overlap of her emotions would really put anyone in an exhausting dilemma. That’s why even the narrative has been crawling its way to break that circling impasse.

Still, given the emotional investment most viewers have given the series, knowing what would become Ji Ho and Jung In is expected to make the audience forbearing with its drawbacks.

THE RECURRING DEADLOCK

Calculating its trajectory and pace, I am scared to think that Ji Ho (Jung Hae In) and Jung In (Han Ji Min) might finally be together in the finale week. Why? Because it took seven chapters for Jung In to finally be firm of what her heart wants. Ji Ho is not helping either because of his self-sacrificing nature. With Gi Suk looking volatile and prideful, I don’t think his passing through the five stages of grief would be easy for the three of them.

In episodes 7 and 8 of One Spring Night, Ji Ho entered an agreement with Jung In to wait until everything is clean and settled with Gi Suk. However, by the look of it, Gi Suk would put up a good fight. Especially since his father warmed up and saw how Jung In is a good catch.

The love problem raised in the story may be simple in other culture. That’s not the case in Korea, which still follows traditional views and values when it comes to relationship and marriage.

Notably, the supporting characters surrounding the love couple seem to understand more the weight of the situation. Particularly, the Lee sisters’ interaction of having each other’s back is soothing. Taking the premise of realistic romance was sure evident in the series. But the recurring deadlocks subdued the sweet poignant scenes. Nevertheless, the frames featuring confrontations between Ji Ho and Jung In pierced painfully and convincingly.

As the second half stretch begins this week, will we get brighter moments from the lead couple?

9 hours ago, hushhh said:

If the drama did a gender swap and a women was in a four year long relationship that she assumed would end in marriage and all of a sudden her boyfriend meets a cute female pharmacist that gives him hangover medicine on credit and they started running around behind her back I would be royally pissed on her behalf. 

This isn't a gender issue at all.  The problem is that GS is passive-aggressive.  He has been emotionally beating down JI for four years.  That guy should NOT be in a relationship with anyone until he get some serious counseling and life coaching.  GS doesn't need pity because he already feels sorry for himself.

This week, we will see GS's reaction. He said that he would break up with his girlfriend if she cheated on him and he wouldn't get revenge, maybe just cause a scene.... How truthful are his words? I doubt that he will accept the break up, he will act as if JH is the bad guy and JI is about to make a huge bad decision in her life. GS wants to create the illusion that he is the good guy. 

I do think that after his failure (using the father in order to pressure JI), he might try to get revenge. Besides, I also believe that SI's situation (abusive husband) will be the reason why her father allows JI not to marry GS. 

These gifs help us get through the days. And i agree in the article, we should get brighter moments the 2nd half of the series. I think everything is already shown and we only need our leads to pursue what their hearts wants and be the strength for each other for the storms to come:wub:

I'm continuing with my re-watch. 

The same issues stick out in episode 3:  GSDad belittling JIDad (this time in front of other people--he's so mean that he won't let JIDad pour him a drink) and GS belittling JI (this time to JH and, of course, to JI herself--he says she is overreacting and being prickly when neither are true). 

And there are still the heart-fluttering moments when JH and JI are together and also when they are both nearly in tears because they are lonely for one another even though they are surrounded by other people.  Watching that today made me think of a line from Come And Hug Me;  a reporter asked the FL what sort of man attracted her and she responded "one who brings tears to my eyes when I see him."  Yeah, after watching the scene where they are on the phone on opposite sides of the road and she tells him not to cross, I think that applies to JI and JH, too.

This is such a great show.

Please, Drama Gods, don't let writer-nim screw up the second half of the series the way she did with Something In the Rain.  Please.  We need this; really, we do.

3 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

... and based on the stills, looks we're going to have another coffee date, but this time, it is much sweeter! :wub:

Will be looking forward to that!  

As I mentioned in my previous post, I just re-watched episode 3.  One heartbreaker scene had JH going into the cafe where he had taken JI but this time he was sitting alone looking at the empty seat across from him, and he was just so lonely for her.  :tears: 

I hadn't noticed that scene as much the first time.  Re-watching is such a brilliant thing to do midway through a drama because you catch the nuances that you might have missed early on.

10 minutes ago, thistle said:

Will be looking forward to that!  

As I mentioned in my previous post, I just re-watched episode 3.  One heartbreaker scene had JH going into the cafe where he had taken JI but this time he was sitting alone looking at the empty seat across from him, and he was just so lonely for her.  :tears: 

I hadn't noticed that scene as much the first time.  Re-watching is such a brilliant thing to do midway through a drama because you catch the nuances that you might have missed early on.

Rewatching is the only way I can wait for Wednesday. I have been noticing so many things as well which I didn't the first time. Let's all wait....one more day to go!

I'm on episode 4 now and I've noticed one of those little things that bugs me because I'm afraid I'm missing something important.  

At about 12:15, JI is reading to Eun-U.  It's looks like a story about people who have their heads covered and the line the book character says is, "What if I can never take this off?  Will I be stuck like this forever?  Thankfully, I can somewhat see through this, so it's not so bad."

This just kinda feels like it is a comment on the circumstances of our drama somehow, but I don't know this book (my knowledge of kiddie lit is nearly non-existent).

Anyone know this?  I hope.  Please!

.....and editing to add just one more thing:  I just realized that the kid's name is Yu Eun-U.  Oh my.  That is a whole lot of U!  :lol:

Jung Hae In And Han Ji Min Enjoy A Sweet Date In “One Spring Night”

02e8ccae351e4a2898eb77dcc4d2de49.jpeg?s=

Jung Hae In and Han Ji Min are enjoying a date in new stills for the upcoming episode of MBC’s “One Spring Night”!

In the previous episode, Lee Jung In (Han Ji Min) and Yoo Ji Ho (Jung Hae In) reaffirmed their feelings for each other and strengthened their relationship.

The preview for the next episode shows the two characters enjoying each other’s company at a cafe, unable to keep the smiles from their faces or take their eyes off one another, marking a sharp change from previous episodes when the two struggled to hide their feelings for each other.

D9TrSZiUYAEbjOb.jpg

“One Spring Night” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8:55 p.m. on MBC.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1332895wpp/jung-hae-in-and-han-ji-min-enjoy-a-sweet-date-in-one-spring-night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess we will also see some more cuteness from tomorrow's episode. The outfit in the gif are exactly the same. My hopes are high! :blush:

1560818683.jpg

@Chellsee thank you for the gifs!! looking forward to these scenes! plus the kiss part of course!

seeing these pics/ gifs makes me feel good knowing that both JH and JI are truly found happiness and love with each other! ❤️ specially JI who has been longing for this kind of affection for a very long time.We all know, our otp will face a lot of complications and problems ahead  but Im sure both will overcome these obstacles  because of love trust and faith with one anorher .

So this is Something in the Snow... Something in the Rain remixed. :P

I've only watched 2 episodes so far so it's possible I'm jumping the gun but the most interesting aspect about this show (for me at least) is how I still have all the same issues with the OTP dynamic that I did with SitR aka Pretty Noona. Despite having a completely different female lead with a completely different personality with a different set of circumstances at play, the feeling of deja vu is ridiculously strong with this one. I suppose my regard for Jung In Hae (and by default, Prison Playbook) is so strong that I'm willing to take another punt with the same writer-PD combo at the helm despite my better judgment. ;) 

Although Jang-In has much stronger emotional boundaries than her predecessor... ultimately she succumbs to the same kinds of coping mechanisms. She may know her mind... or so she thinks... but I have my doubts. I'm just as uncomfortable with the level of dishonesty that's going on here as I was in the previous drama. At least previously the ex-boyfriend was a complete richard simmons but here I feel like the boyfriend is being strung along rather unnecessary. If the relationship has gone nowhere or stale, then it's best to say so and be done with it or work at it. Otherwise it just feels like she's hedging her bets... having a bet each way. Keeping one at bay while doing a bit of experimentation with the other. The old has the benefit of being "better the devil you know" while the new has the unknown factor with inherent dangers attached.

Of course the show does throw up some interesting questions about when a relationship begins or ends. Sure, it's understandable that someone might not want to be pushed into marriage as a result of external pressures. It's also understandable that an independent-minded woman might want to dictate the terms of what she considers an "equal partner" in said marriage. I don't have issues with the individual exercising autonomy as long as they take responsibility for the outcomes. Still I can't help feeling that while she exercises hers, the men have to dance to her tune. However, it must be said that both men seem willing to do her bidding... even if I think they shouldn't. Perhaps it's the new female empowerment message. I don't know... but it doesn't sit easy with me. 

It's not hard to see where her heart lies even these early stages. Everyone around her has caught on quick. I didn't see the point of the deceit in SitR and I don't see it here. Maybe it's also I just don't think that JI and JH can "just be friends" especially after JH's confession.

The brightest spot for me in these first two episodes is Jung Hae In as a single working dad. I really look forward to those moments. The way he's juggling with his roles and feeling guilty about not being around a lot more for his son is very relatable. I desperately want to see a film/drama focused on that.

Having watched SITR, i do hope that the 2nd half of that drama is the 1st half of one spring night. So it means the fast paced and fall in love scenes will be in the 2nd half. I really hope so. It only means we're in for a great treat:wub: Please be good writernim:)

1 hour ago, annamchoi said:

@Chellsee thank you for the gifs!! looking forward to these scenes! plus the kiss part of course!

seeing these pics/ gifs makes me feel good knowing that both JH and JI are truly found happiness and love with each other! ❤️ specially JI who has been longing for this kind of affection for a very long time.We all know, our otp will face a lot of complications and problems ahead  but Im sure both will overcome these obstacles  because of love trust and faith with one anorher .

@annamchoi most welcome sweetie. Sharing is fun... and that is what I like here. Everyone's insights and thoughts are helpful.

I do believe that real and pure love conquers all...

It maybe against all odds in the beginning, but happiness awaits in the end. I am deeply rooting for our dear JH and JI. :heart:

I love this fan edit photo, portrait of a happy family. :love:

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73cee8ef

I am very curious of the noodle that JI ordered from the last episode and someone share it in DC, so I am sharing it here. :blush:

viewimage.php?id=3eadc22febd536af69b7c2&

“One Spring Night” Keeps Engaging Mood But Struggles On A Love Triangle Impasse

exp6cfltvxcf636954419288679103SL7y4OXRFrHz636953267489977715-1.jpg?res

FROM OPENING WEEK, ONE SPRING NIGHT HAS ENGAGED AUDIENCE WITH ITS COMPLICATED LOVE STORY.
But the web of lies and indecisiveness focused on the female lead slowly drags the progress of One Spring Night.  Moreover, it’s baffling how the emotionally taxing love triangle in the narrative makes the viewer still endure where it’s heading. That girl-make-up-your-mind circling love predicament from episodes 3 to 6 gives a test to the audience to stay or not in watching till the very end.

Ideally, halfway mark of drama series would have set a turning point for the story. MBC’s well-received romance melodrama has sure set forth to follow that timeline. In fact, we didn’t know the process of breaking up can be so debilitating even in fictional world setting until One Spring Night.

Rising from the predicament of falling out of love with her long-term boyfriend, Jung In grappled on a bittersweet reality. The love for Gi Suk has long been gone, and in a twist of fate, she also met a warm-hearted man with whom her heart beats for with a new love.

The overlap of her emotions would really put anyone in an exhausting dilemma. That’s why even the narrative has been crawling its way to break that circling impasse.

Still, given the emotional investment most viewers have given the series, knowing what would become Ji Ho and Jung In is expected to make the audience forbearing with its drawbacks.

Continuation under spoiler

THE RECURRING DEADLOCK
Calculating its trajectory and pace, I am scared to think that Ji Ho (Jung Hae In) and Jung In (Han Ji Min) might finally be together in the finale week. Why? Because it took seven chapters for Jung In to finally be firm of what her heart wants. Ji Ho is not helping either because of his self-sacrificing nature. With Gi Suk looking volatile and prideful, I don’t think his passing through the five stages of grief would be easy for the three of them.

In episodes 7 and 8 of One Spring Night, Ji Ho entered an agreement with Jung In to wait until everything is clean and settled with Gi Suk. However, by the look of it, Gi Suk would put up a good fight. Especially since his father warmed up and saw how Jung In is a good catch.

The love problem raised in the story may be simple in other culture. That’s not the case in Korea, which still follows traditional views and values when it comes to relationship and marriage.

Notably, the supporting characters surrounding the love couple seem to understand more the weight of the situation. Particularly, the Lee sisters’ interaction of having each other’s back is soothing. Taking the premise of realistic romance was sure evident in the series. But the recurring deadlocks subdued the sweet poignant scenes. Nevertheless, the frames featuring confrontations between Ji Ho and Jung In pierced painfully and convincingly.

As the second half stretch begins this week, will we get brighter moments from the lead couple?

One Spring Night airs on MBC every Wednesday and Thursday.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/k-drama-mid-series-one-spring-night/

So cute:wub: Eun u's future omma:D Tomorrow is the day. We already have seen all of the scenes and still cuts that MBC have released so far. I am really curious what is in store for us. We will see tomorrow. May the wait be worth it:wub:

Archived