[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think that it's that JH secretly wants to watch JI. I think he's asking her not to avoid him, and really just to let him see her. By saying that he won't let himself be caught by her, he's saying that he won't let on that he's in love with her and really wants more from her. Even though she's the one who proposed that they be friends and he's the one who said that he couldn't do that, he's telling her now that he'll accept that friendship just for the chance to continue seeing her. And, he won't say, do, or look anything to pressure her into thinking that he may want more thus making her uncomfortable around him. I'm not sure that he can truly do what he's proposing to do, frankly. Just as, I'm not sure that JI will be able to put it out of her mind that JH really wants to be with her. But, for JH, even though it's going to hurt him so much, he would rather see her than not see her.  There is such a romantic purity to that, though I'm not convinced it exists outside of a writer's mind.

As for JI's boyfriend, GS, I actually think he's feeling conflicted. From the conversation with his father, it seemed that GS had wanted to be a musician, but dating JI had steadied him to the point where he took up work acceptable to his father instead. So, JI represents relief from his overbearing father for GS. I'm not sure that it's love as much as it may be convenience for GS, but it's also clear that he doesn't want to let JI go. Also, JI seems to represent the last bit of rebellion from GS against his father. But anyway, none of this adds up to him loving JI for herself, but it does mean that all that and combined with his ego, he's not going to let JI go easily.

On a side note, I have to admit that I'm not watching the episodes in sequence, so I should go back and do that at some point, but it's actually doing my head in a bit that so many of the actors from Pretty Noona is in this drama albeit in different roles, but with some similarities to their previous characters.

I like this OTP pairing and hope they get an unequivocal happy ending, but not sure how much I'm going to stick with this drama. It's a thoughtful drama with heavy emotional beats, and I'm not sure how much I'm into heavy emotion for the time being.

I really liked your analysis about GS. Your observation made me realize why GS won't let her go so easily. This is not just about his hurt pride. I believe, GS sees in JI a tool in order to protect himself from his overbearing father. Notice that his father let his son live for a while without putting him under pressure. Besides we heard from her sister that JI used to be more outspoken. Secondly, JI was described as someone who is frank and strong-willed. Once she has set her mind on something, she won't change her mind and fight till the end. Therefore she has the disposition to fight against his father which GS knew. He chose her for these qualities.

She wouldn't accept any command or bad remark/nagging from his father. That way, he could still live a comfortable life if she was married to him. He would have someone who fights for him because he doesn't dare to really challenge his father. This explains why JI will quarrel with GS about his parents because she will get aware that she is actually used, especially if he doesn't stop his parents from making bad remarks about her.

The irony is that the moment she breaks up with him, GS will be forced to fight, something he has never done before. It seems that he just used some tricks before.

As for the sister LSI, I wished her to find another man in her life because she definitely needs someone who can protect her, especially in her work field. I was thinking about this man image.png He seems to support her. If he knew why she is so reluctant to accept this offer, I am sure, he would come up with a solution. Her actual problem is that she is still hiding everything. She needs to confine to someone because if the abuse was revealed, anyone would advise her to proceed with the divorce.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love the work from this director. Notice how meticulous he is...image.png

This comes from the finale scene where she is discussing with JH. Above her head, you can see the reflection of the blooming cherry tree, an indication that her heart has been moved. We shouldn't forget that she is actually admitting herself to JH that she is so glad that she got to know him. In this confession, she definitely uses the expression "I like". This was a huge step for her and gives "hope" for JH. That's why he admits that he has bad desires. Here again, he clearly reveals that he wants more.

Anyway, this taking is important because, like I had mentioned, this tree symbolizes the return of life and a change in JI's heart. When JI was driving with GS, we never saw the blooming cherry tree. She is getting closer to her inner feelings.

I sense that she is reluctant to give in because she still perceives GS as a good man and doesn't want to be the bad person: if she broke up with him, she would betray him. However, her judgement of GS will change next week because she will realize that GS is quite manipulative. Notice that in the preview, GS's words seem to indicate that she is the bad one, making her feel guilty because she doesn't want to get married. I sense that at some point she will get aware that GS has been trying to make her and JH feel guilty and bad all the time, while in reality he was never a good man from the start.  

This part of episode 4 was really heart-wrenching. I can feel his pain. :heartbreak:

Really hope to see JH smiling and happily doing the things he loves to do together with his girl in the coming episodes.

These two deserves pure love and real happiness! 

D74exo0VsAAwF03.jpg

D74exo1UwAA9Qkv.jpg

D74exMrV4AA73rp.jpg

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

As for the sister LSI, I wished her to find another man in her life because she definitely needs someone who can protect her, especially in her work field. I was thinking about this man  He seems to support her. If he knew why she is so reluctant to accept this offer, I am sure, he would come up with a solution. Her actual problem is that she is still hiding everything. She needs to confine to someone because if the abuse was revealed, anyone would advise her to proceed with the divorce.

Huh? :huh: That pov surprises me. I don't know yet if he qualifies for this, so far he seemed very cold. After all, it's business and I guess LSI won't tell him why she doesn't accept the offer, because the said very explicit, that she has a good reputation. A divorce would damage that (at least in Korea).

I don't believe he would have a solution, maybe I'm wrong, but so far I support her decision to keep things low. 

I do agree that she needs to confine someone and tell about the abuse, my blood pressure during the scene in the parking lot went quite high. 

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I really love the work from this director. Notice how meticulous he is...

True, I already loved the director for his style during Secret Love Affair. His dramas all look more like movies and every angle is well chosen. His taste in music is also very good.

I hope GS does not become a truly bad person.  It is more realistic if he is just a flawed pretty decent guy who has never been affectionate or romantic.  JI was apparently satisfied with this "middle aged married couple" relationship until recently.  She tells her girlfriend she will trade boyfriend for beer in first episode, before she meets JH.  So it is not just about him, although he definitely is the catalyst.  They have been in this stale relationship for awhile, and apparently neither cared enough to even fight and break up.  They both had put the relationship on auto pilot to focus on work or whatever.  They need to break up even if he is not a "bad guy" and even if JH had not shown up.

@bebebisous33about seo -in nah I don't think she need any man to protect her only thing she has to do is to take a step forward regarding divorce I know it won't be easy for her but she is definitely in the process though(collecting evidences about physical abuse)but given her husband temperamental she needs to be careful.About her boss I don't exactly remember so please correct me if I am wrong but when he offered her that particular job didn't he said -you have a pure and clean image so I don't know how he will react if she ever tells him the real reason behind her not accepting the offer.

I get it now when JI said that if her goal is marriage, she should have not stayed with GS. She knows that her future in laws does not like her. But i believe she really have loved GS. I also hope they will not make GS a bad boyfriend. It is just that since they have been together for a long time, the relationship becomes monotonous. This drama is getting better. I do think that because the family dynamics is much better, there will be more conflicts which will help for this drama to be exciting and not boring like SITR. I am still crossing all my toes and fingers but so far, the writer has improved:wub:one spring night episodes rerun on weekends yeah:D

@Pmyonly Well, LSI needs to find support at her work place. Notice the huge difference between JH and the sisters JI -LSI. Both hide things from their colleagues and friends, while JH has more support from his friends and his colleagues, although he doesn't tell them everything. LSI seems to be too isolated, she is relying too much on herself therefore I wished, she would be a little bit more honest with her colleagues because they would definitely support her. 

my song for JH to JI...its in my own language but there is a caption translated into English..

the lyrics says it all

Sorry, I forgot how  to keep it hidden.can anyone help me out .Thank you very much.

Video cr uploader

For captions : pls press on the 3 dots bellow right, choose English.thanks! 

@tok-soompi Thank you for posting the subbed interview. I'm a horrible person, all I notice is the length of the interviewer's dress/shorts. It looks like she put on a tunic and forgot about her pants. 

Loved the episodes this week, my favourite part was the phone call at the beginning of Thursday's episode - was kind of hoping she did go to him.

@Lawyerh I consider JI's father as a big mouth. He uses his body in order to ooze dominance and strength, while in reality he is just a "little" man. I can not forget how his wife could intimate him with just her voice and body. When she talked back to him, he got so shocked and scared that he fell on the ground. JI's father is stupid too because he reads books about how to get millions... he wished, he could be rich without working but that's not the way the world is working. SH who comes from an prestigious family couldn't maintain his status due to his arrogance. Notice the contrast between SH and GS. The latter works a lot, even if he is the son of the chairman. There is nothing for free. As conclusion, JI's father is just too naive as he believes too easily what his son-in-law tells him. He is definitely blinded by the social status, doesn't look behind the facade.

If all the women in the family rebelled against him, he would have no chance.   

@Lawyerh I think that JI's father will be less a problem because although he keeps trying to push the marriage between JI and GS, JI and her sister LSI clearly expressed their disagreement. Unlike in SITR, JI acts more in the open. I believe, the biggest obstacles for our OTP will be GS and the ex-girlfriend/Eun Woo's mother, especially if the latter is the daughter of the assemblyman Jang. Moreover, we shouldn't forget LSI's situation... I believe, her divorce will have a huge impact on JI and her family.

Archived