[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

Episode 4:

-JI and JH's first argument. They didn't beat around the bush and wished to clear things up right away but with GS around, JI became overwhelmed with her own feelings and thoughts. We don't know how GS and JI were at the beginning of their relationship but I think that JI will soon (episode 5) realized how their relationship weren't based on love. I was pretty amazed when GS told her "that's why I fell for you", but after all those years dating, does he STILL love her? (next point)

-Turns out GS was suggesting sex. Yeah. He thought the problem is lack of physical touch. Stupid GS. At this point, I really want JI and GS to break up because he never value her as a woman but only as a possession or some sort. He took her for granted, even JI herself said "am I just your regular sexual partner?" and this shows me so much on how badly (emotionally) GS treated JI. Buying her stuffs or giving sexual pleasure won't change the fact that there's nothing for them to hold on to.

-JI calling her sister and breaking apart. Gosh... she tried so hard to cover her feelings but everyone can see right through her. I kinda feel that JI is actually a fool... in my point of view, GS may've been her first serious boyfriend. Meeting JH opened her eyes on things she has yet to see and thus, she took a risk unconsciously (lying for multiple of times). 

-JH rushing out to open the pharmacy <3333333 and of course, the pharmacy scene... the note... the argument (and the noise lol it was so cute)... and lastly, the car scene... can I please get someone like JH?! He has such a pure heart and pure intention. He's honest and just be who he really is without faking anything. 

I read a few posts about the existence of EU's mother and EU not being JH's. I don't think it'll be a huge issue because even if JH is not his real father, he raised him and is his son. And IF the mother came back and tried to take custody, I don't think she'll get it though haha. 

And please, don't get me started with SH... he richard simmons me off so much I rather not discuss him. Poor SI, she kept on using long sleeves to hide the bruises didn't she? And GS's father and JI's parents... I love her mom but damn, both fathers are a piece of work!!! How can I wait for another whole week to watch JI breaking up with GS?! I need them now TT

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@greezlybee I started watching the episode 4 and to me, it really looks like GS knows about the attraction between JI and JH. Taking her hand, right in the moment JI sees JH and then calling JH with a huge smile... it was as if he was telling him:

"Look... I am with my girlfriend now. I am happy." Indirectly, he was telling him that he was a bad man, destroying a good relationship. This contrasts so much with the words from JI later: "You are a good man". 

23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@greezlybee I started watching the episode 4 and to me, it really looks like GS knows about the attraction between JI and JH. Taking her hand, right in the moment JI sees JH and then calling JH with a huge smile... it was as if he was telling him:

"Look... I am with my girlfriend now. I am happy." Indirectly, he was telling him that he was a bad man, destroying a good relationship. This contrasts so much with the words from JI later: "You are a good man". 

Yes! I thought the same too. I can say that GS is good on disguising himself, even JI admits how he can be prideful but hides it. I'm also sure that GS actually saw JH at the library. When he surprised JI and she took a few seconds looking for JH, GS knows that she was with JH. 

Let's say they didn't love each other, but they did spent a lot of time together and thus they know each other. Every time JI lies, she took a few seconds before saying a word. If he really is an attentive boyfriend, he must know that she's lying. And if he did, he knows that she's lying about 'someone else'. GS may be a fool in the romantic world but I think he's a smart man in his workplace. (have to see the follow up on SH's loan thingy to judge if he's indeed smart haha)

GS going all the way too JH's pharmacy is suspicious too. From what I know, JI's house is quite far from JH's so if GS is buying medicines for her, he can buy it near her house or GS's. And not to mention how he asked for stress reliever then telling JH about his marriage plan. It looks like GS planned it all out, to make JH back away from them. As I said before, GS is a big no no no.

I still can't quite understand why he meant at the end.  Would love to hear what everyone think about it?

It's cute that Eun-woo wants to visit "the library." I hope there are more scenes with Jung In. The kid starves for mommy's love.

It's good to see that Ji Ho has supportive and loving parents unlike Gi Seok and his dad. Maybe Gi Seok doesn't know how to love or express it. I am pity him in today's episode for having an overbearing's dad. I don't believe that he loves Jung In either since he didn't answer his dad. Maybe Gi Seok doesn't realize it himself.  

My brother's in law is terrible, abusive, and pretentious person. I hope he's getting what coming for him.  Curious if Gi Seok would give him a loan or not. 

What do you guys think about civil servant guy and the youngest sister? I hope she's geniune with him.

I also appreciate that the show doesn't sugar coat premarital sex like other dramas. It happens and it's realistic.  I didn't get the coming up for coffee context from last ep, until today's ep.:crazy: 

I am a sucker for forbidden love done right. So far, this love's slow burn and realistic.

Just watched episode 7 and I need to put my thoughts before I start next episode 

Their conv. I agree with what Jiho said -would you do the same if I ask you? And then again in the next point I agree with Jung in - you moved on, when jiho said she clearly knows how he feels.They are not couple yet but the talks in between you can tell both Jung in and jiho can clearly speak what is in their heart without hesitation (except that they aren't friends lol).If you come to me now there is no going back Jiho:tears: and Jung in speechless , they both are getting hurt.

Now we move to gs and ji in car I am still not believing that gs didn't sense something cause his timing of  doing certain actions lately is seems suspicious to me I know I might be wrong later.Giseok kind of ignored or did it intentionally when Jung in asked her whether he will be fine with her having a male friend.Regarding marriage he shouldn't be the one saying I would like a proper prospal as he started all this talk in casual manner in first episode.Jung in saying "shall we get married" is like she is trying to escape and bury the emotions what she feeling which is totally opposite of what she is.

There I say again I love jae -in she doesn't shy away from voicing her opinion and she knows her sister has changed when she started dating and her love life sucks

Couple don't need to seek permission for sex -what world gs is living in I am sorry but this statement is just:vicx:

Loved the conv between Jiho and his father his family is really supportive and understanding.

I teared during sisters conv.seo-in understands ji so well arghhh I live for their bonding.Jung in is really torned and scared - I shouldn't be betraying gs ? I can't turn back now?Seo-in knows that ji is having feeling for another man and despite knowing that she isn't  judging her moreover she said -"I want you to think about only one thing-Your happiness.She knows the feeling of not being loved by a man who is her husband and how suffocating it is to live that life.(That's why I said ji friend needed to be thoughtful in previous episode)

The parallels both of them taking a look at each other houses.

In this drama one cannot expect things to move fast and that's the beauty of this kind of storytelling.You feel all kinds of emotions as if things are happening around you 

Now gonna watch next episode 

Episode-7 

How much women life changes after marriage sometimes they have give up the things and then regret it later,it's sad to see ji mother had to give up on her dream to be an artist cause she got married.

I really want to punch in face of Seo in husband he is not only a jerk but biggest lier.He is just so full of himself.

Jiho colleagues being worried about him and I like the lady saying your life is important too it's in the same way ji sister said to her as both of them went through situation where they didn't placed their happiness in first place and did their sacrifices.

Jung in seriously need 1-1 talk with her sisters who really understands her and will guide her

Gs conv with his father.He only let them date cause gs stopped thinking about music and focused on his career and now he want him to leave her as the purpose is served wow(this is problem of his rel )and all gs say in his defence is - father you haven't met her.His father and his marriage being a business and even though gs is not saying anything in favour of it but at the same time he isn't saying against it.

I won't break up with her right NOW- idk this sentence is indicating he surely knows something about jiho n Jung in

Do you love her to death? GS-----------------

Thanks to seo-in for defending jung in during dinner,I will say it again I love the sisters bonding and her mother too 

Jiho going all the way back to pharmacy on one message of ji :tears:and I love this one particular shot when ji was running and in bgm seasons song was playing It felt finally she is liberating herself from all kinds of boundation(the dir.knows to capture such moment)

Finally they talked about how all this "friendship" thing is not helping them and what their actual desires are.

Ji-i am so glad that I got to know you ,you are a good person.

Jiho- I will not get caught by you.

Writernim knows how to play with our emotions 

Previews are misleading as we have seen so far but I am glad that jungin finally said "let's break up"(I hope it's not just taking some time off)but again her sister(?) saying -your boyfriend won't let you go.Can Wednesday come faster lol 

Finished ep 4 (7/8)

• During the library scene at the beginning, I don't know, I mean at the surface GS doesn't look like the bad guy, where you cheer that the female lead dumps him asap, but I don't know, maybe it's my guys guts, but something feels odd about him.
    Whenever he talks to JI, whenever she talks with him, it doesn't feel like they are a couple. It's not only the appearance that is different, he somehow doesn't feel like a genuine person.
    For some reason I think he has a very, very dark, bad side, that will come out as soon as something doesn't work the way he wants to.
  • It was clear from the start that JH can't be just friends, in fact, no guy can do that once he is in love with a girl. If we fall in love, we are done, there is no turning back. He never had a line, he just did what he had to do, otherwise she would have been gone forever.
  • It seems like JH has to convince JI, that she has to give in to her own feelings and allow them. She is so scared.
  • I totally need a black coat!
  • "We eventually are going to get married anyway" Awwwwww, which girl doesn't want to hear this romantic line? :joy:
    GS is comfy, it's not love, he is just comfortable with her and respects her, which is important, but he doesn't know what is missing in this relationship. The key piece that JI is looking for.
  • I totally love how direct and bold Jae-In is towards the civil exam guy, I just hope she has good intentions. But since she hated her oldest sister's husbands since he doesn't treat her well, I think she has. She's probably a bit older, but hey, she is a beauty.
  • I wish I had more drinks with my dad. 
  • GS, dude, totally the wrong way to......you know....have a bit more style and well......a little more....towards the romantic department. You sounded like you are an affair. Drving away like a neglected child also doesn't really help you.
  • Seo-In is probably the best advisor and person JI could have called. Very good. I loved her advice.
  • I generally like her a lot, she is so brave and intelligent. I think she is my SLS here. :D It was so brave of her to speak up and defend her sister in front of her dad and especially her husband.
  • JI....for you......the pharmacy is always open ;) But I loved JH effort to pretend that is was just really open and not because of her. 
  • I laughed so hard during JH kinda confession with the noise outside. So hilarious. 
  • The last scene. So powerful, gosh how much I dig the OST. I am so gonna buying this album. 

------------------------------------------

So I guess next episode JI will finally break up with GS, especially after it seems like she will meet his family. So it escalates. It also seems like she talks about it with Seo-In first, which is a good decision, because I feel like their bond in stronger than anything. Nobody unterstands her more than SI. 

But yeah, the war begins now. Things are going to get pretty, pretty messy. 

@Pmyonly I believe that it is her colleague who warns her that he won't let her go. So far, her colleague was the one who knew GS the most.

What I like in this drama is not just the sister bonding but also the good and close friendship between JH and his friends. So far, they like and admire GS but the question is: the moment, GS starts the nasty war, what will they do? Will they believe GS's lies or remain by his JH's side? I believe, they will stick to JH because they know him so well.

GS was again a liar in this episode: First, he refuses JI's proposal because it is too casual and it sounded so reluctant in his opinion. However, he forgets that he proposed to JH the same way. Furthermore, GS tells her that he won't marry her right away. Furthermore, he tells his father that he won't break up with her right away... he is definitely very evasive and not firm enough in front of his father. To sum up, GS doesn't really plan to marry her, he just makes a false promise... He never mentioned to her that his father wants to arrange a marriage with the daughter of the assemblyman Jang. Even in front of his friends, he gives the impression that he will get married soon, but just after their congratulations, he retracts his words telling them that they are not getting married right away. His tactic is simple: borrowing time.  

For his father, marriage is a business.... when he said this, I was thinking that it would be great if the daughter of the assemblyman Jang was the mother of Eun Woo because this business would turn into a scam!! GS marries JAng, only to realize that she had a child and now, she wants to bring the child into this family. Imagine Mr. Kwon's reaction: he has been deceived by the politician. LOL!!

Sure, in this episode, JH and JI weren't together a lot but I sense that this short separation was necessary for JI because the more time passes on, the more she struggles. Everyone around notices the change in her behavior. Fact is that she needs JH which she admits to JH by saying that she called him, although it was not necessary.

About the nasty war: how will it look like? First, I sense that GS will try to tarnish JI and JH's reputation. But that won't stop here.

By the way, JI-SI's father is such an arrogant but stupid man. He has no idea about business. Besides, he knows perfectly well that the chairman Kwon is against the marriage between JI and GS, yet he still wants it to happen. He doesn't think about the consequences: JI would always be looked down by the chairman and never be respected... But the father wants such a marriage because it looks good on the surface. He doesn't care about his daughters' happiness. If he knew that his son-in-law is just a parasite: SI got famous due to her hard work, while the father thinks the opposite. This is really disgusting.

I can understand why SI is reluctant to announce her intention to get divorced. If she accepts the promotion, then she can not get divorced because this would cause a bigger scandal. The more famous she gets, the more difficult it will be for her to get the divorce... 

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

About the nasty war: how will it look like? First, I sense that GS will try to tarnish JI and JH's reputation. But that won't stop here.

I think so too, it will start with reputation, but with every step he takes, he learns more and will have better measures to damage them. Since he also knows about the kid and stuff, he will most likely use that too. It wouldn't surprise me if he is the one who digs up Eun-U's mom and pays her money, just to pressure them and try to claim her son. 

He also knows very well where he works.

Whatever will happen, we will see the darkest areas of GS's personality. 

Nothing is scarier than a broken heart in combination with hurt pride.

10 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I think so too, it will start with reputation, but with every step he takes, he learns more and will have better measures to damage them. Since he also knows about the kid and stuff, he will most likely use that too. It wouldn't surprise me if he is the one who digs up Eun-U's mom and pays her money, just to pressure them and try to claim her son. 

He also knows very well where he works.

Whatever will happen, we will see the darkest areas of GS's personality. 

Nothing is scarier than a broken heart in combination with hurt pride.

I have to disagree on one point: he won't be heartbroken because he doesn't love JI. He will resent her and his ego will be bruised. I like your idea that he could be the one bringing back the mother... in this case, she can not be Eun Woo's mother.

Eun Woo has already chosen his mother: JI. It was so cute that EW wanted to go to the library where JI works... I sense that he will be a source of strength for JI as she likes the boy very much.

Not yet done watching the subbed episode. But the conversation of JI and GS in the car. When GS learned that Jae in is home he did not bother to go up. Am i just a sexual partner to you? Little by little JI is realizing what kind of relationship she has.

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@xXMzSmilesXx 

In the preview for the episodes from next week, JI decides to break up with GS.  :wub:

Girl, I'm so ready for this to happen! :wub:

Again your great insights and predictions in drama, I believed next "hurdle" will the the ever so illusive assemblyman's daughter! Also in the preview I heard in the preview JI friend (?) saying "Your boyfriend won't let you go", so who knows what's going to happen when JI tells GS she wants to break up.

@mintip What I assumed from JH and JI conversation was exactly what @annamchoi & @Dyslexic heart

But to elaborate more on my own thoughts, it was JH basically let me love you from afar, you don't have to respond to my feelings. The whole noble idiot, self-sacrifice, heartwrenching, puppy love! You know what I feel like JI younger sister (note that she left Paris because she got an restraining order from the guy she was chasing and didn't see the need to continue studying there) and JH are alike in some way, when they love someone, the love them hard. And I think what makes JH fall for her is the fact that he just likes her, he cannot explain it in words why he likes her and is drawn to her. People always tell me there has to be a reason why you love someone, yes there is a reason but sometimes you just cannot put it into words that justifies how or why one feels this way.

@greezlybee 

There's a an "eye" icon to the far right of your comment box, just click on it and insert whatever you want to hide inside the box.

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have to disagree on one point: he won't be heartbroken because he doesn't love JI. He will resent her and his ego will be bruised. I like your idea that he could be the one bringing back the mother... in this case, she can not be Eun Woo's mother.

Eun Woo has already chosen his mother: JI. It was so cute that EW wanted to go to the library where JI works... I sense that he will be a source of strength for JI as she likes the boy very much.

But his love isn't based on feelings or affection, his attempt in the car was so uninspired and dumb. 

He thinks it's love, but JI feels with every sentence, every passing second that it is not love. Why? Because of JH and her thoughts about him. 

I agree that his pride will be hurt and he is going to resent her. Classical if I can't have her, I will try to destroy her life so nobody can have her. 

Eun Woo and JI will have a very special bond, since it seems he liked her a lot from the start. She will be his mom, I just hope she accepts the role. 

I'm still in the middle of watching today's episodes but something really struck me about JH's son:  he was really insisting on going to the "other" library and he wouldn't say why.  Given the way little kids process information, he probably believes that JI is his mommy.  And when his dad fussed at him, that probably confirmed that for him (even though it isn't true).  Eun-U has made up his little mind about his "mom", and this is gonna end up causing problems.  

Ratings is going up and it is justified. Episode 4 is good and i can't wait to finish the subtitled episode. Work is always a hindrance to my kdrama watching lol. Oh waiting is getting harder each week as story is also progressing great:wub:

[HanCinema's News] Figures Indicate "One Spring Night" May Follow "Her Private Life" as Popular in Online Screenings

GcAzz59QUu2Q636948913433565162.jpg

Regarding the new crop of romantic dramas the figures are more speculative. There is only one week, after all, with which to compare "One Spring Night", "Angel's Last Mission: Love", and "The Wind Blows". All three have similar figures between two and three million petitions. But "One Spring Night" has shown very strong positive social media reactions akin to what "Her Private Life" had.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-figures-indicate-one-spring-night-may-follow-her-private-life-as-popular-in-online-screenings-130142.html

@bebebisous33 ah I was confused with all the voices in bg:Dthanks!

Saw comments on mydramalist and few of them totally represent my thoughts (I am gonna copy paste :D cr-to writer)

It's regarding the break up issues they need time we are only on episode 4 where leads finally realized this whole being friends was all excuse to keep seeing each other.It may be frustrating for few people but that's how things goes in real life and you will be get judged by society same as audiences are judging the characters decisions here,t's inevitable and none of the characters here are flawless 

Actually, I like the timing, it's very realistic. The build up to the break up and anticipation of the start of Ji and Jiho's relationship is making this a wonderfully interesting drama

That is what is so epic about this drama. We're losing our minds, going in shipper over-driver mode over the ML and FL, with only 3 episodes. That goes to show how well written, well acted and well directed the production is.

Archived