[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lu09 said:

Thanks everyone for the lovely posts and pictures:love:.

Unfortunately, I'm on a vacation for a month so I'll have to depend on you Chingus lol:lol::D. I won't be able to do the draft summary:pensive: ( if only I knew back in March "One Spring Night" was gonna be this amazing:bawling:, I would have delayed my ticket). Why:bawling:????? 

PS.... The good news about this trip is the fact that, FINALLY, I have a relative (cousin) who is a Kdrama addict like me lol:glasses::mrgreen: and she is currently watching this show but she didn't catch up yet:lol:, but that's fine lol:naughty:

No worries chinggu. We always appreciate your recap weekly. It is time for you to enjoy and have fun:D Don't worry about us, we will watch live but can't just recap it as you do since our korean knowledge is very limited. But i do think all we do this week is squeal hahahaha

One more day to wait:wub:

I have come to realize why in the episode 7 GS's father thought that his son had still some chances. After GS had told him that he had mentioned the marriage to JI and with time, she would accept the proposal, the father met LTH and during their conversation, GS's father realizes that JI has not announced the break up yet and even her intention of not marrying GS that's why chairman Kwon thought, GS might be right. Since he knew that JI was a self-confident and opinionated woman, he thought that the break up might be temporary and she could change her mind with time. Furthermore, JI had told him that when they started dating, marriage was not in their mind. As conclusion, chairman Kwon thought that GS's words could have been correct. Therefore he asked JI's father not to put JI under pressure, the latter would come to accept the idea. 

Out of respect for GS and his father chairman Kwon, she didn't mention JH as he was not the real reason for the break up. Hence the father was not able to judge the situation correctly. He had been lied by his son who refused to accept the reality of the break up and JI had not told him the entire truth: GS had not treated her well enough and had looked down on her, while she had accepted this for too long. 

However, I believe that GS's father is far better than JI's father in one aspect. The latter keeps telling that time have changed so much. So the idea of an arranged marriage forced to the daughter is no longer possible. Furthermore he even warned his son that he couldn't force JI to marry him. That's why I believe that chairman Kwon would have stopped GS before ... I mean, he already suspects that JI has fallen in love with someone else. JI's father lied to him. In other words, now his son and LTH are both lying to him.

Imagine their face if JH decides to visit the chairman Kwon and tells him the whole story!!  This could be a possibility for JH who doesn't want to hide behind JI any longer.   

I have been thinking that the return of EW's biological mother will become the major problem for our OTP. I am still thinking that the mother could be the daughter of the Assemblyman Jang. We heard that she just became the youngest professor so maybe one of her reasons was her career... 

Besides, I have been wondering if Eun Woo's mother left for another reason: YJH comes from a lower social circle. IF she is indeed the daughter from the assemblyman, I can imagine that she got scared that she wouldn't be able to succeed in her career. Maybe that's one of the reasons why JH brought JI to the laundry. He wanted to make sure that she was okay with his parents' social background.  

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have been thinking that the return of EW's biological mother will become the major problem for our OTP. I am still thinking that the mother could be the daughter of the Assemblyman Jang. We heard that she just became the youngest professor so maybe one of her reasons was her career... 

Besides, I have been wondering if Eun Woo's mother left for another reason: YJH comes from a lower social circle. IF she is indeed the daughter from the assemblyman, I can imagine that she got scared that she wouldn't be able to succeed in her career. Maybe that's one of the reasons why JH brought JI to the laundry. He wanted to make sure that she was okay with his parents' social background.  

Is there an echo in here?  Because you're thinking exactly the same thing I am! 

It all just makes so much sense.  I hope that she doesn't try to take Eun-U away from his dad.  I find the custody arrangements in Asia a bit confusing and it seems that there is gray area about who gets the child or not.

1 minute ago, adibadiba said:

Plus, I think the main leads match their clothes’ greeny color with Quizno’s :lol:

Ah, Quizno's is even craftier than suspected!  :lol:

Actually I love Quizno's.....unfortunately the one in my small town burned down.  Even though the building was restored, Quizno's decided susequently to peddle their yummy food elsewhere.  <_<

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Besides, I have been wondering if Eun Woo's mother left for another reason: YJH comes from a lower social circle. IF she is indeed a daughter from the assemblyman, I can imagine that she got scared that she wouldn't be able to succeed in her career. Maybe that's one of the reasons why JH brought JI to the laundry. He wanted to make sure that she was okay with his parents' social background.  

I think if eunwoo mom ever comes back then she will want eunwoo cause no way there will be any reconciliation between her and jiho. it would be really interesting to see eunwoo choosing jung in over his mom which his reminds me of a scene in last episode where jung in colleague was telling about her experience with her sister's baby as how a child can pretend to like someone even if they don't like them(i don't exactly remember)jung in was bit taken back may be she was thinking about eunwoo pretending to like her so in coming episodes if such circumstance happens then it will make jung in and eunwoo bond stronger.About assembly man jang GS father hasn't mentioned him for a while so i am not sure whether he will appear or not.However i saw a post saying the actor who played son ye jin brother in sitr will be making a cameo in this drama wonder what role he will be playing

3 hours ago, thistle said:

Is there an echo in here?  Because you're thinking exactly the same thing I am! 

It all just makes so much sense.  I hope that she doesn't try to take Eun-U away from his dad.  I find the custody arrangements in Asia a bit confusing and it seems that there is gray area about who gets the child or not.

I think that YJH must have put the name of EW on his family register but I don't know exactly how laws about affiliation in SK work.

Is there is a birth certificate mentioning her name as mother or not? Or is the mother's name mentioned in the family register? Because if she is not mentioned, then it will be much more difficult for her to claim her son. It will become even more difficult, if YJH marries... as JI would become EW's official mother. But if my theory is correct, Jang has more money hence she could use it as a reason for taking back Eun Woo. I even had this crazy idea that YJH wasn't even the biological father in reality but the pregnant woman knew JH's kindness. So imagine if JH is not the biological father.... however, since he put him on his family register... 

Yet, I can imagine that GS would even use Eun Woo in order to disrupt the couple...   

@Pmyonly And this drama wants to underline this aspect: Sharing the same blood doesn't make you a good father or good mother. Being a good mother or a good father is more about abilities. Being a good mother or a good father is not something you are born with, this is something you learn through your own experiences as a child (good and bad) and from then you develop your own ideas. 

This is from a French song called papaoutai from Stromae

Tout le monde sait comment on fait les bébés Everyone knows how babies are made
Mais personne sait comment on fait des papas But no one knows how to make Dads
Monsieur Je-sais-tout en aurait hérité, c'est ça Mr. Know-it-all would have inherited it, that's it
Faut l'sucer d'son pouce ou quoi ? Should it be sucked out of the thumb or what?
Dites-nous où c'est caché, ça doit Tell us where it's hidden, it must
Faire au moins mille fois qu'on a, bouffé nos doigts Be a thousand times that we've eaten our fingers

As you can see, the singer questions this aspect... nothing is inherited that's why it is important to question ourselves about the definition of a good mother and a good father.

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Is there is a birth certificate mentioning her name as mother or not? Or is the mother's name mentioned in the family register?

I have been wondering if JH actually married her.  It's never been specifically mentioned but there has been a sense in a couple of conversations that they might have been.

16 minutes ago, Pmyonly said:

I think if eunwoo mom ever comes back then she will want eunwoo

If she did want to take Eun-U, then she would have to take some consequences, though, because of being judged by her dad and by the people at her work.

editing..............woo-hoo, I just noticed that our thread is "hot" and we don't even have an episode today! :D

Archived