[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

.Koalaplayground describe the drama and the 1st teaser.

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/05/02/jung-hae-in-strolls-through-a-spring-night-into-han-ji-mins-heart-in-first-drama-teaser/

Like koalaplayground, I also support Jung Hae In, i saw glimpse of acting depth in him (although i never watch something in the rain, cos i also do not know why. Haha!  Referring to him in various drama).   Ji Min should be in more muted tone acting this time compare to her past 2 projects and Jung Hae In said he will present different kind of feel.  I just cannot imagine his love scene with Ji Min... haha!  He shoud be in cloud 9.

Out of topic, i hope kim go eun will send a food truck or visit them on set since she knows both of them.  :wub:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New poster!! Extract below from Soompi:

•  

Jung Hae In And Han Ji Min’s New Drama Reveals Official Poster

Jung Hae In And Han Ji Min’s New Drama Reveals Official Poster

May 3, 2019
by R. Jun

MBC’s upcoming drama “Spring Night” (literal title) starring Jung Hae In and Han Ji Min has released its first official poster.

“Spring Night” is about two characters named Lee Jung In (played by Han Ji Min) and Yoo Ji Ho (Jung Hae In), a library and pharmacist respectively, who are on the search for love and are faced with a sudden wave of emotions in the midst of thus far calm, unassuming lives.

In the new poster, Han Ji Min appears to be furtively looking for someone in the aisles of a library, while Jung Hae In peeks at someone through a bookcase with a secret smile on his face.

“Spring Night” premieres on May 22. Watch the latest trailer here.

han-ji-min-jung-hae-in-spring-night-540x

Even koala has initially thought that the drama is about second chance in love lol. It was really confusing and it is only now in the recent articles that they have cleared the initial misconception. Ji min is the one with a long time relationship but not with jhi but with her longtime boyfriend. I can see more conflicts here in the story compared to SITR.

The poster is cute but also emphasizes that the one thing lee jung in is looking for is love. And the character of jhi is the one she is looking for:wub:

New poster:wub: I really like the posters and one teaser so far. It gives you that you will fall in love vibe. Goodness it has been 2 weeks before the premiere and we only have 2 posters and a teaser. I hope MBC will release more teasers. Step up the promotion please. #SpringNight

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Jung Hae In & Han Ji Min - Premieres on May 22nd

If you compare the promotion of this drama to the director's last drama, promotion is too lacking. By this time since it is only 2 weeks to go, we should have a couple of teasers but we only have one and a couple of posters. I think the main reason is they filmed a bit late. They might not film a lot of scenes yet. But i hope they will speed it up a bit as the competition for the time slot is also stiff. Can't wait for ji min's teaser:)

Teaser with subtitle:wub:

What dramas that will compete One Spring Night on the airing date?

I read its synopsis at Asianwiki, JHI character is single dad and HJM is a woman who has boyfriend, and they fall in love. I hope the story is not like On The Way to The Airport.

7 hours ago, endensia said:

What dramas that will compete One Spring Night on the airing date?

I read its synopsis at Asianwiki, JHI character is single dad and HJM is a woman who has boyfriend, and they fall in love. I hope the story is not like On The Way to The Airport.

Absolute boyfriend which is pre produced for SBS. Currently airing her private life for tvn then we have Dan, my only love which i think is the title for kbs. Mostly romcoms so i think spring night is a breath of fresh air. 

I don't think the story would be like on the way to the airport. Biggest difference is no one is married but only in a long time relationship. I hope the writer will be good enough to present it in a way that han ji min is not cheating whatsoever lol

New posters:

Credit to author

Ji Min looks conflicted with her feelings.  I think the feelings more like the part in Familiar Wife...  she probably know it is wrong (not because she is married but more of she has been together with her bf for so long and there is nothing wrong with him) but her heart tells her otherwise. 

Above is just my guess.  Cannot wait for the drama.  Their promo is as stingy as the light in your eyes. :huh:  

Extract from http://m.mk.co.kr/entertain/broadcast/2019/295960

With google translate

'Spring Night' depicts a realistic love, not a fateful encounter and dramatic development of two men and women. It emphasizes the reality of love, how the two men and women who have been living in ordinary daily life look at the emotions permeated without knowing themselves. Here, until the spring of the season, the various attributes of love to show in 'spring night' stimulate emotions and empathy by reviving the special feelings of life that had been or will be forgotten long ago. I wonder if the emotional romance of 'spring night', which causes an earthquake in the heart by digging into calm everyday life, will bring romantic rapport with viewers. 

Consider there a line in the teaser about being friends I guess it gonna start out as them becoming friends, and later she gonna start falling for him. But I do like that ide about them just being friends first. I hope they do dwell on her conflicted fellings between her boyfriend and her new friend. seem like they gonna tough on the blurred line between friends and lovers. I really wonder what kind of relationship she have with her boyfriend and how she gonna handle their relationship as this new friend gonna turn it upside down. 

1 hour ago, tok-soompi said:

New posters:

Credit to author

Ji Min looks conflicted with her feelings.  I think the feelings more like the part in Familiar Wife...  she probably know it is wrong (not because she is married but more of she has been together with her bf for so long and there is nothing wrong with him) but her heart tells her otherwise. 

Above is just my guess.  Cannot wait for the drama.  Their promo is as stingy as the light in your eyes. :huh:  

Extract from http://m.mk.co.kr/entertain/broadcast/2019/295960

With google translate

'Spring Night' depicts a realistic love, not a fateful encounter and dramatic development of two men and women. It emphasizes the reality of love, how the two men and women who have been living in ordinary daily life look at the emotions permeated without knowing themselves. Here, until the spring of the season, the various attributes of love to show in 'spring night' stimulate emotions and empathy by reviving the special feelings of life that had been or will be forgotten long ago. I wonder if the emotional romance of 'spring night', which causes an earthquake in the heart by digging into calm everyday life, will bring romantic rapport with viewers. 

I think that is the word conflicted feelings. You sum it all up @tok-soompi. She is with her boyfriend for a long time and they are in the stage that only marriage is what is missing. But she will meet hae in's character and that is where she will feel those feelings that she have not felt for a long time. But since her relationship is already well known plus she has a strict father plus hae in is a single father, that where the conflicts arise. I am really looking forward to the long teaser:)

Below extract from Soompi:

Jung Hae In Talks About Reuniting With “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” PD In New Drama

May 8, 2019
by S. Nam

Jung Hae In talked about working with director Ahn Pan Seok once again for his new drama “One Spring Night”!

MBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “One Spring Night” is about librarian Lee Jung In (played by Han Ji Min) and pharmacist Yoo Ji Ho (Jung Hae In) who are on the search for love and are faced with a sudden wave of emotions in the midst of thus far calm, unassuming lives.

In “One Spring Night,” the second project Jung Hae In has worked on with director Ahn Pan Seok from “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food,” Jung Hae In will transform into the upright and warm pharmacist Yoo Ji Ho. After seeing his romantic acting in “Pretty Noona Who buys Me Food,” viewers are excited to see what kind of romance Jung Hae In will portray this time around.

On working with director Ahn Pan Seok, Jung Hae In said, “The projects I make with director Ahn Pan Seok are always fun and enjoyable. The director respects and cares for all the actors and staff on set, and I’m happy that I can enjoy being in such a set with him again.”

Spring-Night.png

Jung Hae In shared, “When I first received the script, I read while being completely absorbed in the story from the first page. The situations, characters, and actions in the drama felt so realistic and unexaggerated that it felt charming.” On his first impression of Yoo Ji Ho, Jung Hae In explained that while the situations and problems surrounding the characters are heavy, his character has warmth and thoughtfulness inside of him.

The actor also added, “Since the situations like dating and marriage are realistic, I discuss things a lot with director Ahn Pan Seok so that the character’s words and actions can feel natural as well.”

Through Jung Hae In’s thorough analysis of his character Yoo Ji Ho, Jung Hae In’s gaze, way of talking, and gestures have started to synchronize with those of his character. Viewers can look forward to Jung Hae In’s mature and emotional acting in the upcoming drama.

MBC’s “One Spring Night” will premiere on May 22.

Change of timing.  Spring Night will be the first drama in the wed and thur to be affected for the new time slot.  Below extract from soompi:

MBC Announces Changes To Weekday Drama Scheduling

May 8, 2019
by J. Lim

MBC will be making changes to its nightly dramas.

On May 8, MBC announced, “We held a strategic meeting regarding scheduling on May 2, as well as as another meeting of representatives in charge of scheduling for our main broadcasting channel and our affiliates on May 7. We have come to the final decision to move our weekday dramas from 10 p.m. KST to 9 p.m. KST.”

The new Wednesday-Thursday miniseries “Spring Night” (literal title) will be the first drama to be moved to 9 p.m. KST when it premieres on May 22. Next will be the Monday-Tuesday series “Partners for Justice 2,” which will begin airing in June and will also be moved up an hour to 9 p.m. KST. As MBC’s current weekend drama “Different Dreams” already airs on Saturday nights at 9 p.m. KST, this means that all MBC dramas will henceforth air in that time slot.

((Skip unrelated))

For full article, refer https://www.soompi.com/article/1323006wpp/mbc-announces-changes-to-weekday-drama-scheduling

I did not notice that i have quote images, apologies @triplem. I will be more careful next time:)

Why is the promo for this drama so slow. Barely 2 weeks and i can't see any new teasers. Is it MBC or the productions fault? I am so excited for this drama as this is my melodrama in a while but the lack of teasers is killing it. I hope they will work more on promoting this. 

Will the new timeslot help or not?

Not sure if this is already posted. Atleast soompi is active in promoting this drama lol

Jung Hae In And Han Ji Min’s Upcoming Drama Reveals Main Poster + Points To Look Forward To

Jung Hae In And Han Ji Min’s Upcoming Drama Reveals Main Poster + Points To Look Forward To

May 8, 2019
by Y. Kim

MBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “One Spring Night” has got drama fans excited by releasing its main poster.

The poster shows two dark figures appearing to be waiting for something outside the same place at different times.

As we also wait for the first episode to air, here are some reasons to look forward to this drama!

The collaboration of director Ahn Pan Seok and screenwriter Kim Eun

“One Spring Night” will be the second drama after “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” that director Ahn Pan Seok and screenwriter Kim Eun are teaming up on. With their previous drama receiving much praise for realistically portraying a couple’s romance last year, the anticipation for their second collaboration is even higher. How Ahn Pan Seok and Kim Eun portray a romance that blooms in ordinary situations will be something to look forward to in “One Spring Night.”

Chemistry between Jung Hae In and Han Ji Min

jung-hae-in-han-ji-min.jpg

“One Spring Night” will tell a romantic story between librarian Lee Jung In (played by Han Ji Min) and pharmacist Yoo Ji Ho (played by Jung Hae In). The two will portray the subtle romantic feelings an ordinary couple go through, as well as the emotions one experiences when reality and feelings clash. The chemistry between the two definitely plays a part in increasing the excitement for the upcoming drama.

A realistic love story

“One Spring Night” is a romance about a man and a woman looking for love and the wave of emotions they experience when the love that they had been searching for slowly seeps into the routine of their daily lives. The drama is not about destiny, but real love. The realistic depiction of romance may get viewers hooked to the drama as they relate to the characters.

A source from the drama stated, “‘One Spring Night’ will portray a realistic love story between a man and a woman who fall deeply in love with each other. Please look forward to ‘Spring Night’ that will be completed with the collaboration of director Ahn Pan Seok, screenwriter Kim Eun, Han Ji Min, Jung Hae In, as well as other actors and crew members.”

“One Spring Night” will premiere on May 22.

K-DRAMA

Jung Hae In Shares Preparation For His New Drama “One Spring Night”

By abbyinhallyuland | May 8, 2019

ONE SPRING NIGHT IS EXPECTED TO PAINT A STUNNING LOVE STORY BETWEEN JUNG HAE IN AND HAN JI MIN.

When MBC dropped the video teaser of Jung Hae In, we bet all women automatically sweetly sighed because of him.

Due to premiere on May 22, the latest romance melodrama of MBC intends to present a genuine love tale that will cater to the romantics.

Aspiring to duplicate the success of 2018 hit drama Something in the Rain, Jung Hae In draws the chemistry he has with acclaimed director Ahn Pan Suk. Meeting the talented actress Han Ji Min for his new project is another drawing point for viewers to anticipate.

One Spring Night

MBC

Jung Hae In remarked that he is happy working with Director Ahn. Additionally, he is grateful to enjoy shooting and respects all the actors and production staff while filming. He also revealed how excited he was when he got the script. Without exaggeration, he added that he was amazed on feeling the reality of the drama and characters.

Sharing his take on his latest role, Jung said, “The circumstances surrounding the character and the various problems are somewhat heavy. Ji Ho is a warm-hearted person but is also careful inside.”

For his second partnership with Ahn, Jung mentioned sharing insights with the director. To bring out the emotional scenarios, they work on making his character persuasive and heartfelt.

Jung Hae In

(Netflix)

That being said, Jung Hae In revealed he did his homework in analyzing his character down to his gaze, gestures and even way of speaking.

One Spring Night aims to depict an encouraging love tale between a man and a woman searching for love. It aims to reminisce romance at its brightest and most poignant yearning. It will be aired on MBC beginning May 22.

Archived