[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pharmacy nonna wants to meet JI and JH is like next time lol. Their entire interaction is funny. He gave up lol and ends up calling JI out. JI wants to invite her friend too and is basically begging her to come lol. JI is helping her other friend and they talk about children. This conversation is important and we need subs because JI looks thoughtful after she asks a question. Then we move to ES with a cellphone with him at the shop. JH mom tells him to go and play inside. JH mom is looking for something when she finds the soju bottle that JH and JI were drinking during their shop visit. Dad says he drank a small amount but he puts two and two together. He texts JH something and JH laughs:sweat_smile:

GS meets up with SH and he tries his luck to push the loan issue. I think SH pretty much knows what's going on and he refuses it by saying something about SI. 

And now we know why JH didn't want pharmacy Noona to meet JI :mrgreen:. She is basically telling everything to JI and when JH tries to stop it, JI looks at him and tells him to keep quiet lol:joy:. After a while, the same thing happens to JI lol. Her friend starts to do the same thing :lol:. Now it's JI turn to be quiet lol. JH and JI talk and they make up lol. The look on Nonna and the friend's face lol:lol::D.

JI dad comes to visit JI apartment but nobody is there. JH and JI take a taxi home and JH takes the elevator with her. EP ends with JI walking towards her dad after he sees them together.

17 minutes ago, lu09 said:

JH takes the elevator with her. EP ends with JI walking towards her dad after he sees them together.

Oh my, JIDad is gonna go ballistic.  

Theory

Spoiler

JIDad gets so wound up that he has a heart attack.  And all sorts of trouble ensues from there.

@thistle In the preview, it seems that the father was more begging her than anything else. Based on the preview, the OTP has another good time. Furthermore, JI has iron nerves because with her hunger strike she could as a student force her parents to accept her decision. 

In my opinion, the bomb with LSI's situation will explode around the episode 13. 

And here is the question: will GS become violent at some point?

Actually, it would be interesting if GS loses his temper and hurts JI. First, her father tries to diminish GS's action, until LSI is so fed up that she confesses what she has been put through with her marriage.

@bebebisous33 @thistle No problem Chingus:blush::). @Chellsee thanks chingu for the videos:).

I also love JH dad lol. That's how dads should be, supporting you, not ruining you like a certain idiots here:crazy:

I'm glad SI and JH met. Now that SI saw that her own sister is not afraid of raising ES and being together with JH, she will have the courage to talk about her problems and protect her unborn baby. 

As for JI dad, how dare he beg his own daughter to marry someone she has been telling you they are DONE? WTH is wrong with these men in their life? Unbelievable:rage:.

@sally2 That scene was hilarious:sweat_smile:. That friend absolutely regretted calling GS over lol:mrgreen:. And how on earth can you call that holding someone ROFL? 

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@thistle In the preview, it seems that the father was more begging her than anything else. Based on the preview, the OTP has another good time. Furthermore, JI has iron nerves because with her hunger strike she could as a student force her parents to accept her decision. 

In my opinion, the bomb with LSI's situation will explode around the episode 13. 

And here is the question: will GS become violent at some point?

Actually, it would be interesting if GS loses his temper and hurts JI. First, her father tries to diminish GS's action, until LSI is so fed up that she confesses what she has been put through with her marriage.

You're right, of course.  I was just having an "I am in dread of a DramaTrope" moment.  :P

And I think you're right about the LSI situation as well.  The two characters who are likely to do something out of rage and anger are both bound up in this, so we can expect something to happen with SH and GS.

If GS does something stupid about that loan for SH in the hopes of using that situation to try to win back JI, then he's gonna lose his job or worse.  That could make him lash out even more at her.

I noticed when he was trying to fight with JH and JI got between them, GS kept going forward not caring that she was there while JH broke off the fight to move her away and protect her. 

So keeping JI from harm is not GS's priority, and we have already seen him being pushy with her.    

If GS hurts JI and if SH causes SI to lose her pregnancy, will this finally be the wake-up call for their blustering, demanding, selfish papa?  

Just watched yesterday's eps & can't wait for today's eps!

First off, what to do when nature is beautiful but people aren't..???! I am really disappointed that my first guess of Gi Seok has turned out to be the reality! I feel like as if he's using his father's higher position as an excuse to look down on other people, even with his own colleagues!!!! <_< :ph34r: And he never loved or respected Jeong In truly in the first place! He only wanted to be with her to look good for himself!!!! And probably these two, dad son duo would think that they are guadians of others that they can look down on anyone below their level!!! This is really unpleasant despite the pleasant environment they live in! -_-

64566551_2233512116960322_33262651335161

And I think Ji Ho is more mature than Gi Seok that he has a son to look after for! It's said that children leads elders to the elderhood so I love how straight forward Ji Ho is when it comes to Jeong In!!! :) And I love their first kiss... It has the perfect tone to be the first kiss of a slow burning couple!!!! :heart: 

maxresdefault.jpg

And I personally believe it's a sin that Seo In got pregnant while she's having a bastard husband like Si Hoon! :o Poor her... I am so afraid of her future with her baby, only if someone let them be together!!! :ph34r: I hope both Gi Seok & Si Hoon get beaten up one day!!! :angry: They really need the treat to come back to their senses!

And I am so happy that I decided to watch this drama ... It's reflecting on pure, true & realistic family issues. How a father would take care of 3 daughters themselves..????! How a young guy survive with a little kid in his hands..??! Is it allowed by the society that a single father can marry a woman from someone else's..???! I am pretty much looking forward for the answers!!!! :) :thumbsup:

As always! thank you so much for the recap! @lu09:) appreciate... 

GS, is really desparate now..I wonder why his dad needs someone to trail him though..better watch with subs!

for now..sharing this scene Seo in meeting her future brother in law.

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@thistle @lu09 Yes, I have been thinking about the possibility of a miscarriage due a beating. He couldn't hurt LSI's face as she worked as a news anchor. So he had to hurt on places which could not be easily seen. Unaware of her pregnancy, SH hurts her so that she has to be brought to the hospital, where the doctor announces her miscarriage. IF this happens, SH can no longer escape from his wrongdoings. He can no longer lie and hide behind his "good manners". This would be definitely a blow to JI's father as he even ruined the father's dream. If this happens, then @mintip's idea about a trial against SH could happen. I can imagine that the father would not remain inactive and would press charges against SH. The father might be coward and very conservative but he is definitely decent.  

It is clear that SI never consider not having the baby because no one (or very few people) get a sonogram of a baby they don't plan to keep.  Also once SI knew she was pregnant she began taking better care of herself by buy vegetables and make herself a healthy meal.

If he does that one assumes everyone on the fence would support SI's effort to be free.  But that is a harsh way for a woman her age who wants her child to be liberated from her brutalizer.

I hope the FATHER would only have standing to press charges if SI dies.  She should press charges if her body is brutalize.

Episode 10 and you cannot wipe this smile off my face. I love it when a couple communicates, is supportive and trusting; these are exactly the characteristic that makes JH & JI relationship so endearing and long lasting.

Episode highlights

The Laundry Scene
I love that JH took JI to his childhood place after the “confrontation scene” with GS. It’s monumental for their relationship, it’s like him showing her his past – where and how he came to be the person he is today. These are baby steps  to meeting JH parent but JH & JI have a massive supporter – JH dad. JH Dad is honestly my favourite father (besides JH)!

Spoiler

*How cute is JH just fidgeting around and nervously watching JI look around the laundry – the following conversation is when their sitting on the bench – with the amount of deep meaningful conversation occurring on a bench of some sort, guys you need to incorporate a bench into your wedding LMAO*

JI: This place feels oddly familiar. It brings back memories too.
JH: It’s a familiar place that’s why.
JI: The pharmacy too?
Come to think of it, you’ve never felt like a stranger either.
JH: You were drunk that first day. (LMAO)
JI: Don’t kill the mood. (Y’all just GET MARRIED)
JH: It was the opposite for me. I was fascinated by how innocent you were.
JI: Am I not anymore?
JH: That side of you is completely gone.
*JI gives him a massive glare and they both break into a laugh*

*There’s an interweaving scene of drunk GS talking to his musician friend about JH.*
He keeps repeating various phrases such as:
“I lost to none other than JH. Are you kidding me?”
“In what way is JH better than me?” (mate please have an ediya coffee with me and I can list you exactly what dumbassery I have witnessed that makes you beyond subpar to JH) 
“He [JH] is nothing compared to me”

This then leads to an interesting conversation with his father, where I actually felt sorry for him.
GS: You’ve always been embarrassed of me, haven’t you?
Albeit this sympathy was momentary as throughout the episode he not only reverts back to his dumb self, but he actually gets dumber and get people involved that shouldn’t be involved)

Back to the laundry scene – an extract of an important dialogue exchange between JI said to JH.

JI: I will say this once and only once.so take it to heart. 
*JI fully turns his entire body towards her*
When I’m not satisfied with you, I’ll call you out on the spot. My bursts of anger might not seem reasonable, and I could say harsh words as well.
*JH gently smiles and nods*
When I do thought, don’t think that I’m being dismissive. Don’t walk on eggshells around me either. Or I’ll kick you to the curb.
*JH looks down looking emotional and smiles – close up shot of JH gently pulling and clasping JI hand *
I didn’t say this to please you, you know. It’s important, so don’t forget it.
*JH still looking down smiles – JI gets up close to JH face and peers up at him*
Okay?
*JH looks at JI and can’t resist but give her a sweet kiss*
Look at you thinking of a way out. You only gave me a peck so that you’d pass a breathanalyser. (Girl…. Uhh that’s not how it works. Man if that was the case I’ll be kissing people left right and centre before driving home from a night out so that my alcohol levels go down – in saying that please DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE) 
*JH laughs like a giddy child – JI smiles and drinks her soju like she’s drinking water*

What I love about this particularly scene was that JH let JI speak. He didn’t say anything but instead used actions to convey the magnitude of JI words for him. He is so SWOOOOOON. :wub::wub::wub::wub:

GS meeting with SI; @bebebisous33 you’re a drama fortune teller, you were completely right about this!

I actually was disappointed at SI lack of reaction, yes she was shock but if I was pregnant and this guy is talking smack about a single parent – well I would have reacted MUCH MORE then SI. And SI girl, you’re pregnant please watch your caffeine intake. Anyways I was wondering why SI reaction was so lacklustre and then SI met JI, and everything made sense.

SI and JI Conversation Scene.

This was honestly the highlight of the episode for me, it shows the mental torment that SI is going through. Really would love to see more of her arc rather than their bloody father’s pouty face. I also love the sisterly support happening here – SI is going to be an awesome single parent and she’s going to have a bloody village to support her!

Spoiler

JI: At first, the idea itself was inconceivable. Regardless of whether I break up with GS or not, I didn’t even dream of doing anything with him. But… I realised that I kept looking at him. Even though he kept pushing me away, I clung to him more. 
SI: Yes, you can develop feelings for him. I understand that part, but…
JI: It’s EW. That’s his son’s name. 
SI *taken back*: I see.
JI: I may be feeling this way because I like him. Or perhaps, it’s just because of my natural affinity with kids. I don’t know the answer yet. Whatever it is, I adore EW.  
*cut to SI emotional face*
I didn’t even know when I began feeling this way. I found myself cherishing him.
I’m sorry. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you sooner, and for worrying you like this too. I’m really sorry for everything. (Jesus Roosevelt Christ, when is out OTP going to go by and episode without the word “I’m sorry” coming out of the mouth)
*SI crying*
JI: Unnie. I’ll sort everything out. Okay?
SI: I’m not upset. I’m ashamed. (Baby girrrlll, COME HERE I’LL GIVE YOU A BIG HUG)
I’m pregnant. I was going to give it up. It’s too cruel, you know. And… I even thought of… that innocent baby as a punishment. But how could you…
*JI hugs SI*
JI: You will be a great mum. You’ll figure it all out. You have to.
*SI nods*
SI: Okay.

*JI and SI walks out the apartment – our puppy JH is waiting outside for JI (he was the one that drove Ji to see SI)*
JI: This is my sister.
JH: Oh, hello.
SI: It’s nice to meet you, JH.
JH: Thank you. Likewise. And… I’m sorry.
SI: I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that.
JH *smiles*: Thank you. 
JI: By the way, why are you here? 
JH: Oh, I was just… 
JI: Did you want to see the news anchor? (LMAOO)
SI: Hey.
JI: So, what do you think? Is she prettier than me?
*JH doesn’t answer and looks away (GOOD WHEN A GIRL ASKS YOU THAT QUESTION DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION)* 
Come to think of it, you’ve never said I’m pretty.
SI: Really? JI is pretty.
JH: I know. That’s why I like her.
JI: You said you love me. (LMAOOO GIRL I JUST LOVE YOU OKAY, keep being you!) 
JH: Yes.
*SI laughs – JH turns away feeling embarrassed at his nonchalant love confession in front of his future sister-in-law*

JH and JI back in the car. This is an extract but they finally drop formalities in referring to each other I love it, and it’s in a playful banter as well!
JI: Don’t judge a book by its cover. I’m very strong.
JH: Okay, I’ll be careful.
JI: I mean it though. I won’t let you get hurt.
JH: I’m touched by just hearing that, so don’t try to handle everything alone. And how can I just sit back and watch? You told me not to be a loser.
JI: So, you do take my advice.
JH: I don’t want to get smacked. (LMAOOOO, man he is whipped!)
JI: Behave yourself, Ji-ho ya~
JH: I will, Jung-In ya~

JI & Librarian Friend (LF) & Pharmacy-Noona (PN) & JI having Chicken and Beer Scene.
Y’all need to see this scene. Again, love the fact that their each introducing people around them to each other! And freaking love how LF and PN were dishing the dirt on their friends! This is LF telling JI/PN about the negative traits of JI.

Spoiler

LF: When my body temperature was hovering at 40 degrees because of a cold, JI watched a movie on her laptop and drank beer right next to me without even batting an eye.
JH: Jeez, that is simply unacceptable.
PN: I guess JI isn’t really the affectionate type.
LF: Exactly! 
JH: She’s not affectionate. She sure isn’t.
JI: So what? You don’t like me now?
JH *without skipping a beat*: I like you despite that
JI: Even though I’m not affectionate?
JH: I’s fine because I’m affectionate. (LMAOO PLZ JUST GO GET MARRED)

*JI finally smiles – JH smiles – JI and JH both cheers their beer & drink – PN & LF faces LMAOOO it’s just a mix between disbelief and annoyance at their lovefest LMAO*

The ending scene. From yesterday's preview I immediately thought JI-JH meeting JI father was going to be somewhere in the end of the episode. But again, from today's preview I’m not worried about the meeting. It seems like JI and her father had a talk, but there are also scenes of JI & JH in the same clothes at her apartment smiling and laughing. Also on their clothes – JH top is an even lighter blue and JI sweater is a lighter green – if you contrast this clothing palette to yesterday’s coffee scene, is it coincidence? Definitely don’t think so, feel like the director-nim is showing us through the clothing that their relationship has gotten deeper, more fun and vibrant.

Funny side note: 
When YJ thought Jae-In was giving him a massive glass of tea, and it turned out to be a glass vase to put the flowers. LMAOO, why is he so cute! Why are they so loveable!!!

1 hour ago, xXMzSmilesXx said:

Episode 10 and you cannot wipe this smile off my face.

Or mine.  Reading your post has been the highlight of my morning.  Just SO Much Fun!  

Thank you for the funniest best recaps ever.

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

Finally watched episode 17-18:wub:

That tense moment in the begin.and bgm was like I am watching a crime genre drama :D

I LOVE THE SISTERS (I guess everyone here loves them!)

tumblr_ptes4eACyf1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Spoiler

tumblr_ptes4o1NxB1we1ub0_1280.pnj

tumblr_ptes5jKwwh1we1ub0_1280.pnj

tumblr_ptes5y0gCQ1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Seo-in is the bestest 

:tears:

Now we have giseok and jiho face to face conversation and I loved how Jiho gave back to him specially with all the pity attitude that he was giving to jiho and judging him for being the single dad(and he is still doing that smh!).

tumblr_ptevxnz4991we1ub0_1280.pnj

Giseok was definitely flustered but that didn't stopped him pestering moreover not giving a richard simmons about what Jung in is feeling and repeatedly tried to said- "It's okay nothing happened between them"EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES but 

Our girl 

tumblr_ptevcfms5L1we1ub0_1280.pnj

And she look so done with him lol

Spoiler

tumblr_ptevcptf3M1we1ub0_1280.pnj

And there she said it 

Spoiler

tumblr_ptevd06P9B1we1ub0_1280.pnj

Jiho said the same thing n I don't know if he has always been like this specially with jiho but Jung in saying this tells that he was,he took Jung in,their relationship for granted and when the things have slipped out of his hands mainly his pride got hurt coz it's JIHO!

I just love every conversation between jiho and Jung in ,him being understanding what Jung in is be feeling surely have made her fall more for him :wub:

I seriously don't know what Gs dad is thinking what's the whole point of giving time :rolleyes:when she made her points very clear that she won't marry G's

Eomma please continue to be like this in future too

Spoiler

tumblr_ptevdu5JFT1we1ub0_1280.pnj

I feel so bad for seo -in she is indeed pregnant,motherhood is a something that is very precious to every women and her situation is not good having a abusive partner but as I earlier mentioned this whole situation may create parallelism with jiho and his acceptance by her dad.

Archived