[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

33 minutes ago, Kooslee said:

I love reading everyone's thoughts on this.  I love how daily mundane interactions have so many meanings in this drama that displays characters' personalities.

What is everyone's thoughts on how JH's refusal to pay for JI's meals? I didn't think much when I first watched, but now I believe it meant something like if i am buying a meal, it's a date, and we're dating.

I also feel now it's a running joke between them, something they talk about in jest, like an insider thing. I find it cute. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reminded me that during the time they were trying to be "just friends" and he was going to drive her home, she looked like she thought he might open her car door and he intentionally did not.  I think JH used to be a practical joker and enjoys teasing her.  She is not quite sure how to take him at first. Once she gets that he is kidding, she enjoys teasing back.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, INJINFAN said:

Interesting subplot idea....Now that potential civil servant is backing off Jae In, what if the other banker friend. HU (?), tried to officially date Jae In?  He has left all sorts of foreshadowing that he is desperate to meet girls, he wishes he had a girlfriend who had him on a leash, he called both sisters gorgeous, and seemed offended that Jae In asked him where he worked and didn't remember that he had already told her he worked at the bank.  Interesting if he actually pursued her, potential civil servant might get jealous and realize he has feelings for her, and Jae In would finally have the attention she craves. I think she would pick the potential civil servant (PCS), even though her parents would prefer the other based on his resume.  She became starry eyed about him at the karaoke place when she heard his beautiful, romantic voice.  He is shorter and not as good looking, but she seems to truly like him and I think he is genuinely a responsible nice guy.  The only hitch to this fantasy is that HU demanded that JH and PCS stay away from both sisters to avoid KS's (his boss) wrath.  This could change once JI and KS really break up and KS shouldn't really care who Jae In dates.

Earlier I thought Potential Civil Servant would have to see Jae In pursued by someone else to see her value, but apparently we are going to skip right over that step.  He already regrets dumping her and banker friend says his eyes are swollen.  From crying?  Maybe intense studying, but he responds saying he is no longer seeing Jae In and he dumped her.  He doesn't seem happy about it.  Also when it is discovered that celebrity newscaster, his ideal, is Jae In's sister, he seems upset remembering Jae In's conversation with him about SI. I think he already misses her and we can expect an attempt to reconcile at some point.  Wonder how hard a time she will give him before she gives in?  

20 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

Spring Night will complete the making film by early July.  

Thanks for the info. Time flies and we are halfway of this drama.

Happy Monday... 3 more days to go and can't wait for the kissing scene. :wub:

1560479802.gif

@ChellseeI zoomed that kissing scene to check if han ji min reciprocated or kisses back JH. She kisses back lol. As most of you know, ji min is not that good in the kissing department. She needs a lot of practice lol.

While i am always counting the days and hours for wed and thurs to come, i also don't want this drama to end. This is ji min's 3rd drama in a row since familiar wife and i bet she will rest after this drama. We'll never know when she will be in a drama again. Sometimes it is taking her 3 years in hibernation. I hope not. But she might work on movies next. Can't believe we are already halfway. Writer please be good. I still remember SITR's 2nd half and i really wish she already learned. Well the 1st half is good for OSN so i am really expecting a better 2nd half. Thank goodness it is Monday. 2 days to go before Bombam days again.

@Koosleethanks a bunch again chinggu:)

1 minute ago, Kooslee said:

@richelle, I thought Han Ji Min did pretty good during those kissing scenes in HJM.  I hope she'll bring in her A game for ep 9 and 10 lovey-dovey scenes.  :wub:

Oh yes, that was her most i think intimate kissing scene. To think that the drama was a romcom. So for this, i am expecting more too. Also because this is a melodrama and the director also is known to be good in directing intimate scenes. But the downside is this is shown in MBC so i am thinking the scenes will be tamed compared to SITR. As long as we will be rewarded in lovey dovey scenes then i am good. The tagline is we will all fall in love so that should what we should feel in the coming episodes:wub:

4 hours ago, richelle said:

@ChellseeI zoomed that kissing scene to check if han ji min reciprocated or kisses back JH. She kisses back lol. As most of you know, ji min is not that good in the kissing department. She needs a lot of practice lol.

@richelle let's patiently wait for episode 9. I'm pretty sure the kissing part has a close up look. Oh mo... my heart is beating so fast just by thinking of it. I am so hooked!

D9O4tiXVUAEQwAj.jpg

Thank you for the BTS @annamchoi

Love this part how daddy and Eun Woo enjoying each other in between shooting.

1560734421.gif

3 hours ago, INJINFAN said:

Earlier I thought Potential Civil Servant would have to see Jae In pursued by someone else to see her value, but apparently we are going to skip right over that step.  He already regrets dumping her and banker friend says his eyes are swollen.  From crying?  Maybe intense studying, but he responds saying he is no longer seeing Jae In and he dumped her.  He doesn't seem happy about it.  Also when it is discovered that celebrity newscaster, his ideal, is Jae In's sister, he seems upset remembering Jae In's conversation with him about SI. I think he already misses her and we can expect an attempt to reconcile at some point.  Wonder how hard a time she will give him before she gives in?  

I am looking forward to how this relationship will unfurl in the second half of the show. She looks like a typical spoilt willful youngest sibling but she seem to have more depth than she lets out. Her defending of JH in front of GS and her pursuit of the would be civil servant is telling of her characters strength for me. I like her. 

Dramabeans Episode 8 Recap.

Link: http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/one-spring-night-episodes-15-16/

The emotional turmoil for our conflicted librarian has reached its breaking point, and she finds herself rashly following her heart, knowing full well that her actions will cause affliction and shame. Fortunately, she’s not distressing alone, as her love interest, the pharmacist, also musters up the courage to take a step towards her. He’s learning to be unapologetic about his feelings and circumstance, and that he also deserves a chance at love.

onespringnight-15-00068.jpg

Hello everyone.... :wub:

Wow, a lot is happening here & I love to read the comments here.... And yes, I completely agree with dear @bebebisous33 & @thistle friends on Gi Seok & his father!! Both are tit for tat! Like father, like son :ph34r: Oh really..????! The way his father treats Jeong In's dad is so disgusted & indecent!!! I bet Gi Seok's dad has a plan to offer a position at his foundation to Jeong In's dad!!! Then he can persuade Jeong In to marry his wealthy son..???! ^_^ I am disappointed!!!! 

And to me, Gi Seok doesn't love Jeong In but pretends to be in love with her before his colleagues... He's only after basic human needs from Jeong In... :ph34r: And I am afraid of this wednesday eps as Gi Seok is clearly an unpredictable man... Hence he is a major threat to our lovely couple!!!! And both father & son adore their pride & ego & property so much but I hope they won't loose all the things at the end!!!

And I am a huge fan of the senior actor Kim Chang Won who plays Gi Seok's dad here!!!! His roles were almost decent so far for me! He was either a caring friend(My love from another star) or caring dad(Jugglers) in all his dramas!!!! :) But this is the very 1st time that I dislike his presence in a k drama!!!!! -_- I am not likely prejudging anything but I sense some villains are gonna arrive at this show!!!! <_<

Looking forward to the next eps :wub:

One_Spring_Night-P2.jpg

Sometimes in k-drama a topic or a trope will show up and suddenly it seems like every other k-drama is writing about it.

At one point it seemed dissociative identity disorder was everywhere. Ok in 2 simultaneous drama.  Then Alzheimer and early onset Alzheimer came to stay. [It's like the Korean psychiatric group petition to have the issue addressed.]

This week in One Spring Night  and Mother of Mine  the fathers who wouldn't approve marriage because they thought their son's love interests didn't bring enough to the pairing got told off  the the love interest and decided the women were good enough after all. Maybe not the first time it has happened, but it is interesting seeing both in the same week.  Maybe chaebol fathers have petitioned to have their image improved by having these characters seem more reasonable.  LOL

so many great idea popping up in the forum.

I don't dislike GS, yet.  I  probably will before it is all over.  

I try to keep in mind that this drama is written from a female perspective so we get to see JI fret her way through the issues and we understand how she think and feels.

If the drama did a gender swap and a women was in a four year long relationship that she assumed would end in marriage and all of a sudden her boyfriend meets a cute female pharmacist that gives him hangover medicine on credit and they started running around behind her back I would be royally pissed on her behalf.  I think GS feelings are justified.  Whether I like him or not will depend on what he does with those feelings.

I don't think GS likes his dad.  I don't think that he wants to be like his dad, but he has lived a life of privilege and entitlement, and worse he lacks imagination and as a result he doesn't really know a way to be different than his Dad.

GS is very shut down as a person. He's shut himself down to fit into a box labelled acceptable.

The majority of the characters live lives that lack imaginations. 

the -In sisters have imagination.

It takes imagination for Seo-In to give up everything to be free of her marriage even though society tells her to stay. With her imagination she can see a better future

Jae-In has nothing but imagination which is why she won't like life within the lines.

Also their mother also has imagination.  She beliefs are not about what is expected but based on what she sees with her own eyes.

Everyone in the drama who thinks a single father is a social pariah lacks imagination.

the -In sisters will win because their imagination will make winning possible.

6 hours ago, hushhh said:

Sometimes in k-drama a topic or a trope will show up and suddenly it seems like every other k-drama is writing about it.

At one point it seemed dissociative identity disorder was everywhere. Ok in 2 simultaneous drama.  Then Alzheimer and early onset Alzheimer came to stay. [It's like the Korean psychiatric group petition to have the issue addressed.]

This week in One Spring Night  and Mother of Mine  the fathers who wouldn't approve marriage because they thought their son's love interests didn't bring enough to the pairing got told off  the the love interest and decided the women were good enough after all. Maybe not the first time it has happened, but it is interesting seeing both in the same week.  Maybe chaebol fathers have petitioned to have their image improved by having these characters seem more reasonable.  LOL

so many great idea popping up in the forum.

I don't dislike GS, yet.  I  probably will before it is all over.  

I try to keep in mind that this drama is written from a female perspective so we get to see JI fret her way through the issues and we understand how she think and feels.

If the drama did a gender swap and a woman was in a four year long relationship that she assumed would end in marriage and all of a sudden her boyfriend meets a cute female pharmacist that gives him hangover medicine on credit and they started running around behind her back I would be royally pissed on her behalf.  I think GS feelings are justified.  Whether I like him or not will depend on what he does with those feelings.

Even if it was a gender swap, I wouldn't feel sorry for the woman because she just abused her boyfriend emotionally and mentally for many years. This passive-aggressive behavior is the reason why this couple failed, not just because a third person appeared. If this woman is just like GS, then this means that she used to threaten the partner with a break up very often. Then trying to put the blame on the partner is not right, as she/he never reflects on his own behavior. GS didn't listen to JI, when she asked him to respect her. 

Archived