[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JH in mental angst is :dissapointed_relieved:

But in saying that he brought that upon himself, actually they both brought this angst upon themselves! And I'm lapping it up and wanting them just to be together. GIVE ME MORE OTP SCENES FML!

I think our homegirl is confused about her feelings for JH, and doesn't want to risk her "relationship" with GS. But in saying that JI and JH just can't seem to resist each other. They keep in contact saying their "friends" - come on we all know it's so much more!  

This conversation between JI & JH (they're having a phone call despite the fact that they're literally in the same vicinity, Ji is on one side and JH is standing next to a tree) is really telling they both KNOW that there's something more than just "friends" :

Spoiler

JI: By the way, why did you call me?

JH: I happened to see you on my way home, and I wanted to hear your voice (Accidentally  seeing her is a blatant lie because JH friend saw her at the bus stop and so he knew she was out drinking in the neighbourhood with friends; also note he said he wants to hear her voice but when JH was out eating with his friend, he said that he stopped liking the "woman" because her voice didn't sound nice on the phone) 

JI: Ji-Ho. You see, we should---

JH: I know we're just friends. Don't worry. I won't cross the line. If things like this make you uncomfortable, i won't do it anymore.

JI: I'm not sure. I don't know what's okay and what is considered as "crossing the line". That's why this is frustrating.

JH: Then what do you want me to do?

JI: What can you do for me?

*JH tries to "cross the line" by moving away from the tree that he was standing from*

JI: No, don't cross.

*JH stops in his track and they both stare each other and JI glances down* 

JI: I don't think it's a good idea.

*cut to a close-up of of JH disheartened face and a long shot of him just STANDING there being a puppy*

Cr: Netflix

And I get that this drama is based on Korea and there's contrasting value system. However, it really really pissed me off when GS was like JH needs to find someone who's similar to him (have a child) and that he should have had better reign of the gf. Thank god JI defended JH. Yes, you're a dad or a mum and your kid comes first BUT that doesn't mean you are restricted from having a life & finding happiness.

done watching ep 3....JH  does falling for JI! and it hurts me to see him hurt more! beacause the girl he love has somebody else..He is making a way to end it..because he doesnt want her ro suffer..what about him suffering too!? hugs JH.:heart:

Dont cross the line, Geez my heart tears for JH!:cry: 

JI might deny it to GS, but the looks on her face tell it all,  that there is someone new that making her heart and mind confusing.

Sharing this snippet of JH having dinner with Hyeon Su..

JH:Hyoen Su

HS: what

JH:  Just once...  really just for one time

If I do whatever I want...I mean If I follow my heart , will I be punished for it?

JH did follow his heart...by paying JI a visit in the library , sneaking secretly by taking a glimpse of her..

In the ep 4 or ep 7/8 preview .

JI told GS that they should get married ..

She met JH I supposed for the last time before getting married. but JH gave her an ultimatum: If you come with me now ,there is no turning back...

cr uploader

Best lunch hour ever, loving that Netflix has the episodes up so quickly.

I'm confused what JI and GS think "taking a break" means. I felt they were together way more this episode than they had been, and no indication that anything was different in their relationship.

Also the scene where GS was asking if he could come up for coffee, I assume that's a euphemism fore something more. Rookie mistake on JI's part - she just saw her sister leave in the elevator, and presumably if GS wants to come up he's still downstairs so would have seen the sister.

Watched episode 5-6 this drama literally keeps me on the edge of my seat!!!!!

Firstly I will talk about episode 5 

My dear eun hu:tears: I wanted to hug him so bad ,poor child but thankfully Jung in made the situation happy and afterward apologies from jiho it was a sweet moment ,they way euh hu said "

Of course you are my dad" when jiho asked "are you forgiving me" cutiee:wub:.

I admire Jiho parents for taking care of his child and I totally understand her mother emotions as she also wants her child to be happy.

I am loving jae-in character she speaks truthfully about what she is thinking no filtration at all specially about her sisters partners.

Seo-in husband is a total jerk, he is really not letting her go so easily and now that she got better opportunity in her work he will surely take advantage of that.

I wish Jung in friend had made her point more clearer,I know she said that Jung in is in bad situation but she is clearly not helping out and then walked off saying forget it that I know without even knowing whole matter.

If Giseok was only visiting jiho to take medicine then it would be understandable but what was the need of him saying -my girlfriend is on edge these days :vicx: he could have simply ended his conversation by saying I need a stress reliver med. And he didn't stopped at this lol he kept mentioning Jung in and as jiho colleague mentioned regarding giseok being not a close friend of jiho so him talking his personal matters to Jiho doesn't make any sense This episode made my thoughts clear that the only reason Giseok wants to get married is - we should do it as we have been dating for long(he mentions again in episode 6 too :sweatingbullets:)not a single time he said I love her that's why I want her in my life(if he has shown even for once how much he loves her then I would have thought he doesn't deserve Jung in cold behavior)

Jiho sitting alone in coffee house arghh my heart!!!!

There he goes again that jiho should have done better and blah! blah! but he face just felt flat when Jung in said opposite of what he expected.

Lastly their phonic conversation sigh! They are honest about everything except their own feeling towards each other.

When jae-in mother saw her and started hitting seriously it reminded of jinah mother from sitr :Dthank god her character here is totally different she even hides it from her husband about jae-in being in Korea and nope his father doesn't stand any chance against the ladies of the family .

Giseok conversation with seo-in husband lol he is asking about marriage from the guy like him.Seo-in husband-even if it's stressful you will get married ,giseok -yes!

Jiho conversation with his friend- "there was someone I wanted to date" and his reply-her voice wasn't good aigooo(well he didn't actually lied as he said it was fine to Jung in lol)

Ohhh dear Jung in and jiho conv in the last part was so emotional I don't know they are not even that close but it was hurting me to see them like this :(i can't even put my words to describe it.Sometimes few moments just leaves you blank.

Now as if jh and ji conv wasn't enough to hurt me jiho talks with his friend sigh I guess one has to see the episode to feel it:tears:.

I don't think giseok see jiho in library but he sees him outside when they are in car.

Preview -we all know heartbreaks continues lol :sweatingbullets::D.i won't be guessing anything about it.

Watching the subtitled episode is like a roller coaster ride. It will be so hard on JI's side. She is really torn. Would you go to someone where you are not sure of it's outcome or be with someone that you are already comfortable with. I can't hate the boyfriend, up to now the only flaw that i see is him being workaholic but JI is also occupied with her work so it is not all his fault. JI knows she is in a big trouble. As the friend said, this is BAD. She should be really honest with GS. But once she tells the truth, that is where all the problems surface. The brother in law is so pretentious too. It does not mean that you are successful even if you comes from good and wealthy family. Si hoon is not a famous doctor, late on rents, house is a collateral on loan. Actually JI is so much better having GS. But her heart is betraying her, the episode tonight will be crucial omg.

If only GS is a bad bf, it will be easy to root for JI and JH. The writer did not make it easy lol. JH and JI will be put in a more bad state when she agreed to get married. I know she is confuse but she just makes it worst for them all. I mean everybody knows that they agreed to be married then boom, she will break up. I can't blame her too since she thinks that getting married to GS will put out the fire that is about to explode. This is a roller coaster ride for sure:) As SH said, the Lee sisters are a handful hahaha

@Ameera Ali the couple is lovely. Glad you like them too..

10FC0F59-860A-4592-9C1D-D0DF56EB1381.gif

I really enjoyed this couple very much , what I loved the most are :)

* How realistic they come cross to me 

* How mush he embraced the responsibilities of fatherhood, the minute he ran to his child’s bed , I know he is a winner :mrgreen:

A18809E3-4C2D-44A1-A02A-F0894DF2B6F5.gif

* Importantly  his honesty & openness made me a huge fan of him , I make me want to see him get his happy ending.

Spoiler

B926AB22-A119-44B5-987E-F330424E4076.gif

Me just Like his mother, I believe there is a soulmate that is meant for him & would find him ,of course it was her he was meant to meet . I find  it sad he think no woman can be interested in him .

In reality I really wish our girl can end her relationship with her boyfriend, but I understand what she doing now it’s hard to end something when everyone except you to be married to that person , but I like she didn’t shy from her feeling  & she is taking a leap of faith , doing what she thinks she has to do , even if she makes a huge web of lies in the process. 

GIFMaker.org_W0tk4w.gif

Finally girl , I don’t like the way he is so judgemental  , he is throwing stones at other people’s houses when his house is glass

Can’t  wait for sub for today episode 

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

- What if JH is not the biological father in reality? What if she met someone else after her first disappearance?I have been wondering if the real father had abandoned her before giving birth, hence she came to JH knowing that the latter would act like a responsible man. 

This thought occurred to me, too, last week.  We have the plot points (baby left behind, mom missing) so this has gotta be a major issue in the future.  And I'd expect the problem to come up just as soon as JH and JI get serious.  Or whenever it will generate the most pain.   <_<

10 hours ago, richelle said:

But i also feel that the mother of eun woo will resurface one day to stir ji and jh.

Definitely.  I hope that the writer surprises us with some great drama.

Finished ep4 (or 5/6)

• It was so unnecessary for JH to scold his son, just because he felt uncomfortable. Sighhh. And why would you aplogize for him. Aiiiish.
  • JI is such an angel in this situation. She will be a good mom. :grimace:
  • JH's mom is the typical mom who wants to know everything :D I liked the dad here, it feels so familiar from a guys pov.
  • JH really has a cute smile, you need to find a girl that smiles like that when you message her. :D 
  • JH is even nice to GS, although he technically is his compettitor, he is really nice. But it seems like GS didn't know anything by the time he went to the store. I don't think he had some kind of bad thoughts when he told JH about the marriage. 
    Still a shock for JH, it was like he was seeing a ghost. 
  • GS pretty much disqualified himself pretty heavily in the car when talking to JI about JH. Duuuude........you should have stopped talking early, it was so painful to watch how you managed to showcase what kind of bad person you are. These comments....right in front of JI.....gosh......I was hoping he would stop. He pretty much put the last nails in his own coffin. 
  • Yeah GS, painful to watch that JI dumped you right after you said so much dumb things in the car. Watching her sis leave pretty much smashed the truth in his face. 
    Good, guys only learn if they get hit by the truth. Finally he realizes that is a more serious problem in the room that can't be solved by some vitamins.
  • Fun Fact: Girls voice's pretty much always sounds nice and pretty on the phone. It's the biggest mystery why.
  • I freaking LOVE JI's mom, she is so tough. The way she always speaks up to her husband, the way she just looks at him and stands tall is so amazing. He was totally quiet afterwards.
  • Jae In's words to her elder sister were pure gold.
  • Guys talk is so simple and still so meaningful, all these little puns and hints. :D 
  • JH never respected "the line". He crossed it already by agreeing to be friends. JI didn't know, since she created the line, but for JH, in his mind he already crossed the line just to agreeing to it. It's like a flip image, from JI's perspective it looks like JH is behing the line, but in fact JH stand in front of it, not behind. 
    When he said he wanted to hear her voice, he wanted to admit his feelings by slowly testing the water. He is hurt, but wanted some love, since like I said, he already fell for her. 
  • JI is simply afraid, afraid to give in. This seems very similiar to the SLA, since both main leads were in the same situation. JI's co worker even telling her that she is in a world of trouble, didn't make it easier. 
    She is scared by herself, because deep down she knows about her feelings, but even deeper she knows that this will be huge and bring a lot of problems. Her face during the call with JI, especially during the time where she explained she doesn't know what "crossing the line" is, is fear. Fear of falling for something that she cannot control.
  • I LOVE THE OST!!!!! :heart: I totally need the "Is it you?"-One asap! Uh, in the credits we already see it. Same artist. Nice. 
  • At one point, she will crumble and give in. That's when the flood-gates are open. 
  • Way too long of a pause to say "No, there isn't."

Great episode, really curious to watch the ep tomorrow. Still a little afraid about the "Should we just get married?"- scene, but well, it won't happen I guess. JI is such a keeper. 

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Watching her sis leave pretty much smashed the truth in his face. 
Good, guys only learn if they get hit by the truth. Finally he realizes that is a more serious problem in the room that can't be solved by some vitamins.

GS needs to figure out that the problems with their relationship is due to the fact that he thinks he can put a bandaid (or some vitamins) on the problem instead of really working to resolve it.  He's just doing what he thinks instead of listening to what she needs.  That is important in every relationship, not just romantic ones--if he isn't paying real attention to the other person, neither one of them is ever gonna be happy.

I'm gonna say it again (because I just can't help it):  I have a bad feeling about GS.

@thistleOh, GS is a bad guy, that was never a question. Guys see through other guys. JH also did that with his eyes quite often. Pretty much at the first meeting. 

The vitamins were really so, gosh. When he asked her if they are at a point where they need to work on the relationship, I only thought: "Bro.. You are already pass that point". 

Just finished episode 3.

My heartbeat skip a bit when JI ask JH what he can do for her?

Gosh! She should not ask, coz I'm 100% sure JH will do everything. :wub: 

This man deserves to be loved! :blush:

viewimage.php?id=3eadc22febd536af69b7c2&

I can't wait for tonight's episode. 

For now, sharing the lyrics of No Direction. 

When we look back on these days
When the stories are
all that remain
Will we be more
than the voices in our heads
What will we spend on regret
How far will we go to forget
Baby it’s too soon to tell
where the story will end

Where do we go from here
Are we dreamers
without a direction
Taking a chance
even if we get knocked
to the ground
Is it enough to believe
Is it enough to surrender
It’s just the beginning
We can’t turn our backs
on this now

I’m not a stranger to pain
Been hurt but I learned my lesson
Let’s go the distance
‘cause baby I’m all in
I’m not afraid of the future
Won’t be held down by the past
I need to know
if you’re with me now at last

Where do we go from here
Are we dreamers
without a direction
Taking a chance
even if we get knocked
to the ground
Is it enough to believe
It’s just the beginning
We can’t turn our backs
on this now

Where do we go from here
Are we dreamers
without a direction
Taking a chance
even if we get knocked
to the ground
Is it enough to believe
It’s just the beginning
We can’t turn our backs
on this now

Where do we go
Where do we go from here
Where do we go from here
Where do we go from here

3 hours ago, Pmyonly said:

This episode made my thoughts clear that the only reason Giseok wants to get married is - we should do it as we have been dating for long(he mentions again in episode 6 too :sweatingbullets:)not a single time he said I love her that's why I want her in my life(if he has shown even for once how much he loves her then I would have thought he doesn't deserve Jung in cold behavior)

Why did I just realise this now!

Not once did GS say he wanted to get married with JI because he loves her, it's always "we've have to because we have been together for a long time". I mean granted they have been in long relationship but LOVE should be there. I mean wanting to spent the rest of your life with someone just because you've been with them for a long time is the worse reason to settle with someone. I don't have strong feelings about marriage, and I'm one of those people that don't see a reason to be married to live a good life with someone you love. I know in my country de facto laws are in place for people who do that, which offer the same rights as a married couple. 

One thing i clearly remember from the episode teaser tonight. Jae In said, everything that JI wants she gets and nothing even her family can stop her. So once she is set on wanting JH, nobody even GS can do anything to stop her. And i think that will start tonight. Goodness i can't concentrate on my work hahaha. It is all JI and JH on my end. Are they going somewhere when they look at each other in the car? Don't make this as pots and pans scene PDnim(SLA). I will not forgive you the second time lol

Archived