[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Like @Dhakra said, the drama is not grandiose but more quiet and calm with their story telling. I thought it won't attract many people to watch. But I'm happy that now it's popular. 

And like most of you had said, the OST is to die for.... :heart:

And I love this way of calm storytelling, "Mother" and "Secret Love Affair" did the same and it is such a pleasure to watch. 

Yeah, it is, can't wait to see it pop up on my daily Kpop store discovery routines. :D 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pmyonly said:

New preview on MBC page  it seems like she will be mentioning about Jiho to giseok and more scenes of ji and jh together.I wish someone could translate for us :D

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/onespringnight/preview/

Thanks  for sharing ...It seems that GS cant let go of JI .I think thier relationship is getting a bit colder since JH's existence..where as JI and JI friendship is blossoming to something else..looking forward to this week's episodes.

JI is emotions are confusing her..with JH around..

I hope JI will not follow the same route of emotions as that of Jin Ah in SITR. JA was confused what to do with her mother's objections of her relationship with Joon Hee. 

I hope JI will be more assertive what she wants in her life although it can be very confusing. Breaking away from a longterm relationship is very difficult. Although you are not married yet, but the person was already a part of your life for a long time. You may not be head over heels in love but it's still so hard to cut off all ties. It's like breaking the monotony, the old habits. 

This drama has so many life lessons for viewers. I hope writernim can present it well. 

13 hours ago, lu09 said:

Chingu, is it possible for you to post the link that you watch live for me? The other day, I looked everywhere but I couldn't find it :frown:. Thanks:).

Chingu, am i allowed to post the link here? Not sure if there are rules. Let me know and i will post it tomorrow. It's wednesday tomorrow, i hope the episodes are worth the wait:D

@lu09i just sent you the link chingu. Please check:)

1 hour ago, Cheryl295 said:

I hope JI will not follow the same route of emotions as that of Jin Ah in SITR. JA was confused what to do with her mother's objections of her relationship with Joon Hee. 

I hope JI will be more assertive what she wants in her life although it can be very confusing. Breaking away from a longterm relationship is very difficult. Although you are not married yet, but the person was already a part of your life for a long time. You may not be head over heels in love but it's still so hard to cut off all ties. It's like breaking the monotony, the old habits. 

This drama has so many life lessons for viewers. I hope writernim can present it well. 

Yes, I thought that JA was too obedient and not assertive at all therefore I dropped this drama as I couldn't relate to the female protagonist.

However, right from the start, JI seems to be different as she is so brutally honest and direct. She doesn't fear her father and she has a very good relationship with her sisters which was not the case in SITR. She is even very protective of her younger sister, had no problem to lie to her parents and I suspect that once the truth is out, she will do anything to protect her sister. She has no problem to deal with pressure... I sense that her problem is more internal: what is she feeling? what does she want in her life? In my opinion, she is now more confronted by existential questions (the importance of love in a marriage, the importance of marriage, aso).

I am here @bebebisous33!!! Aqui estoy!!!

This is just my kind of drama, and I decided I will forgive the writer for what she did to part two of the otherwise perfect SITR. A part of me is still fearful of what she can do, but I will assume she has learned from SITR.

It's intriguing how the first two episodes exploded quietly. The drama hasn't received the best promotion, and the leads were the ones creating the interest. But the thread has become more lively and there is good buzz in Korea. They even won the popularity contest over there and stole the crown from my Rabbit couple! I ran home from school to catch the first episode and was blown away. Episode two was just as spectacular.

I love how normal and down to earth it feels. No chaebols, no idols in the cast, NO IDOLS IN THE CAST, just a bunch of people in their thirties and over about to get on the ride of their lives when she comes in the shop to buy hangover medicine.

Spring in this drama is also a motif used represent rebirth. I noticed that there were some scenes that were shot in the dreariness of winter. Plants and animals still exist in winter, but animals are in hibernation and plants are hidden in the soil. They are half dead in winter as they wait for their alarm in spring to wake up to create new life and come alive. I am taking this to mean that Jeong In and JH are in the winter of their lives with JI's functionally dead relationship and JHs repressed desires as he focuses on his child. They are now moving to their Spring with that initial meeting.

I also love how the two characters are so..... common. A librarian and a pharmacist. It was very deliberate. Their clothes and hair are normal and average. I love chaebols and the tropes they inspire, but I need these "real" dramas.

For the first time in a long time, I have rewatched episodes of a drama while it is airing. And I will watch them again before tomorrows new episodes!! 

As for predictions, I have none except that JHs baby mama is definitely coming back. They did not give us that information about how she left him for nothing! I think it's too early for me to know GSs character arc, and I hope he doesn't become bad just for the sake of advancing the storyline.

Best scene: When they stared at each other on the basketball court!! OMO!! That was fireworks!! Does anyone have that scene on gif?

@africandramalover I think that GS won't act the entire time as a typical second lead... I have the impression that even GS will come to experience spring as well. I mean, so far, he was hibernating like JI and JH: his whole life was focused on his work. And at some point, he will realize that work and a comfortable life can not be the true goals in life. To me, just like JI, he will realize that a true relationship needs feelings: love and warmth... Deep down, he already knows it as he doesn't want a business marriage/marriage of convenience, yet he has never realized the importance of work/love in a couple. Actually, people need to work on a relationship, there is no guarantee that a relationship will last forever.   

@tok-soompi thanks for the preview:wub:.

from what I understood from the preview, Did JI said to GS, " Oppa, should we just get married?". Did she decided to go with the flow? This is not gonna end well if she got GS expectations high like this:(. Also at the end of the preview, she looks angry or frustrated on the phone with JH. Do you Chingus think he is trying to end the "friends" relationship because he might have heard about the marriage happening? Or because he won't be able to control his feelings and won't let her go if he sees her when she told him let's meet over the phone? 

2 minutes ago, lu09 said:

from what I understood from the preview, Did JI said to GS, " Oppa, should we get married?". Did she decided to go with the flow? This is not gonna end well if she got GS expectations high like this:(. Also at the end of the preview, she looks angry or frustrated on the phone with JH. Do you Chingus think he is trying to end the "friends" relationship because he might have heard about the marriage happening? Or because he won't be able to control his feelings and won't let her go if he sees her? 

yeah i heard her saying marriage word but in what tone? and why all of sudden when previously she clearly stated her opinion about marriage well we have to wait to see it.In the older preview jiho did said"i ended it before i get crazy as i know it will be difficult for that woman"-something like that? and when giseok met him at his pharmacy i think he said yes they will be getting married to jiho(jiho asked the question i guess?).Ohh dear its gonna be a roller coaster ride :sweatingbullets: with all heartbreaks!.Ahh someone on insta trans the last part of the new preview that jiho said- if you come to me now you won't be able to able to go back to jung in,i am not sure cause i used google trans :D.  

@lu09 @Pmyonly Yes, I understood the preview like this too. Now, my speculation is following:

- GS realizes that there is a connection between JI and JH that's why he grabs JI's hand in the car and later visits JH announcing that they are getting married

- Hearing about the marriage, JH decides to cut ties with JI over the phone which leads JI to question if she should just go with the flow (Should we just get married?) but her question reveals her doubts at the same time. She is definitely confused.

- However, I sense that JI might discover that GS met JH without her knowledge and realize that GS acted behind her back. 

Actually, I don't want her to remain too long uncertain, just like JH, because both will face a lot of trouble in the future together. I am expecting her to break up with GS at the end of this week. Moreover, her sister' s story is quite important because she is the face of the news and her husband is quite famous. 

@bebebisous33 agree with what you said and I really hope they won't drag it for long as there are lots of issues that need to be solved.Obviously she won't just part away from giseok this fast but hope she realises it soon whether she wants to get married with giseok or move on from the relationship leaving behind her confusing thoughts.

@anyeze you are most welcome :D(cr to uploaders)

Asthetics of this drama :wub:cr-twitter

990982455CE6D5C837F1C9

tumblr_pryl6rjdFn1tvkxil_1280.jpg

tumblr_pryl6tvZVE1tvkxil_1280.jpg

tumblr_pryl6sSnlX1tvkxil_1280.jpg

Cr serenity -tumblr

990982455CE6D5C837F1C9@PmyonlyI quoted your beautiful gif because I wanted to give another explanation about this "couple". Since I have started watching K-dramas, I have noticed that we often see a scene where the FL and ML are together while it is snowing. The reason is simple: there is this belief in South Korea that if you are out in the first snowfall of the year with someone you like, true love will blossom between you. In the drama, the characters (f. ex. JI's sister) mentioned that this could be the last snow of the year, hence we could think that this scene has not the same meaning. Yet, I doubt it. For me, this scene underlines one more time how natural their "attraction" to each other is. This scene indicates that they are fated to be together, this will be true love. Furthermore in my opinion it doesn't even matter if it is the last snow or not, the most important aspect is that we shouldn't forget that both protagonists have been hibernating so far, hence this explains why they couldn't meet in the first snowfall, they are late because of their past. The "last snow" marks the start of their blooming love.

5 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

Oh, yeah. I already snatched one or two life lessons and I agree, I hope he can continue presenting them well.

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

@tok-soompi  " Oppa, should we just get married?". Did she decided to go with the flow?

From my perspective I understood it more like a rhetorical question. LIke it's not her true desire, but more like a question about life. Like if she and GS really want to continue living such a life.

But I agree that GS probably went to JH and tried to end it quickly between them and JI probably finds out, that something happened behind her back. 

@bebebisous33 ohh this makes perfect sense:D. Now that explains how GS ended up in the pharmacy in the first place. GS always drives and have no connection to that neighborhood except when he is dropping JI off at her friend's house. It can also explain why he is telling JH about getting married when they only met one time. In the preview, JI asks a question to GS about having a friend ( I didn't understand the full question she asked GS but I only understood the word friend). Maybe he put things together and came to conclusion. One thing is for sure, if this theory happened, JI will be furious. 

Archived