[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^i want to know the title of the song too. But i hope this will not be the case of the song in SITR, sometimes it hard to be a woman lol. It still haunts me. Sometimes it still plays in my head, LSS lol

The official photos from episode 2 are gorgeous.One reason why i love the PD is the cinematography is always beautiful:wub:

53 minutes ago, richelle said:

The official photos from episode 2 are gorgeous.One reason why i love the PD is the cinematography is always beautiful:wub:

@richelle here are the photos from episode 2 that i love the most...

My heart melts! Makes me want to embrace daddy bigtime! LOL

springnight_photo190524120942imbcdrama11

springnight_photo190524121403imbcdrama11

1 hour ago, seunhyel said:

Haven't seen yet because weekends are for KDrama and I want to savor the story (lol). But I have seen interest because I am into love triangles, etc. Also, one question, what is the title of the song? thank you 

@seunhyelI'm so eager to know the song title, care to share if you got it please... Can't wait until the OST is out. :blush:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some Netizens reactions/comments for Episode 2... I love reading it.

springnight_photo190524121309imbcdrama10

Naver – Xports News: ‘One Spring Night’ Han Jimin was swayed by Jung Hae In…She told Kim Joon Han “Let’s take some time”

1.[+2050, -327] What fate, It’s cheating ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2.[+1395, -130] Do you have to get married just because you dated for a long time? When you are not sure about the person and you fall for someone at first sight, you may get swayed and think about it? It’s a matter of life, It’s not out of loyalty, It’s not like they are already dating, It’s not sure how things will go, It’s a bit rush to curse and judge it

3.[+1371, -203] It transformed into a US drama

4.[+825, -126] They’re fated to meet…

5.[+783, -271] Han Jimin and Jung Hae In match each other so well

6.[+551, -171] It’s a realistic story, It’s so fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I hope next Wednesday will come fast
7.[+381, -32] I understand why they said it’s realistic ㅜ To think It’s time to get married just because you have dated for a long time…An unsure heart ㅜㅜ A heart that needs understanding…

8.[+209, -24] If it was the opposite and Han Jimin was a guy. She would have got so many hate comments

9.[+190, -22] It would be better if it aired at 10PM ㅠㅠ It’s hard to watch the broadcast at 9PM because of the kids ㅠㅜ

10.[+163, -23] Jung In doesn’t want to get married, she met a new guy, followed her heart and she wants to break up, is this something deserves to get cursed at!!

11.[+157, -44] It feels like a US drama…It’s not fate but cheating ㅠ sigh

12.[+158, -50] As expected, the lines are detailed, the acting is so good, It’s so immersive

Rating: 3.6% | 5.6%

Being curious and having interest, it is already considered as cheating. This was mentioned to jeong in by her best friend. And jeong in and ji ho has been honest with their current situations. Before the entry of ji ho in jeong in's life, she is already having some thoughts on his relationship. But the entry of ji ho just solidifies it. Not many people will appreciate this drama as it tackles adult issues but as per ji min, when it comes to love you tend to be selfish. Will you stay in your long time relationship since it is already comfortable and accepted or you follow your heart and suffer those problems and consequences. I love PD ahn pan seok's dramas because it deals with human flaws. Cheating or not, i am sure they will clearly draw a line on this:wub: i am still rooting for jeong in and ji ho's happiness. They have this attraction that when their eyes met, it is like they want to jump into each others arms lol

Very nice drama ! I missed quality drama ! There is too much garbage produced.

Well she is not cheating. She didn't act on her feelings. She expressed her will of taking a break with her current boyfriend to think about what she is really feeling and what she wants. This is the right thing to do because this is HER LIFE.

If your heart is gone, it's betrayal to yourself and disrespect to your current relationship to stay (specially if your partner is still n love with you) even though your mind is with someone else. It's not cheating bt dishonest so you shouldnt stay unless you are able to refocus and start from scratch to revive your feelings for your current partner. But it's hard to do and need a lot of work from both side, so it's unlikely because they dont even want the same thing. If there is not strong will, it may only fail.

But according to the mentality of the country in which you live, you can either been viewed as cheating or meeting your destiny. People shouldn't judge with their own prejudice. Honestly, she has done things cleanly. She is starting being friend, she is not rushing things to a hotel.

Extract below from E Online:

rs_1024x620-190523192626-haein-jimin.jpg?fit=inside|750:800&output-quality=90

Sparks Fly Between Jung Hae-In & Han Ji-Min in One Spring Night

Thu., 23 May. 2019 8:57 PM

With his boy-next-door charms and good looks, many fans were eagerly waiting for 31-year-old Jung Hae-in to debut his new romantic drama One Spring Night and the moment has finally arrived! 

What has gotten fans even more excited was when it was announced that 36-year-old actress Han Ji-min was confirmed to be his romantic interest and co-star. Known for her roles in other romance dramas like Rooftop Prince, Han's elegant beauty seems like a perfect match for Jung's boyish good looks. 

In a press conference with Korean media outlets, the two stars talk about their experience working together, their roles and the public's expectation after the hit that was Something In The Rain

One Spring Night tells the story about a young librarian, Lee Jung-in (played by Han Ji-min) who is in a long-term relationship with her banker boyfriend Kwon Ki-seok (played by Kim Joon-han). Even though her boyfriend is perfect in every way, Lee still felt like something was missing in her life. Then she meets Yoo Ji-ho (played by Jung Hae-in) works as a pharmacist and is also a single father. The two share a connection and revaluate what love and happiness means to them. 

Directed by An Pan-seok who is known for his hit drama Something in the Rain, One Spring Nightgives a similar romantic vibe with lots of slice-of-life scenes that viewers can relate to. Due to the similarities in terms of cast and director, some media outlets have been comparing Something in the Rain's Son Ye-jin to Han. 

When asked about the following, Han answered graciously and confidently, "I really like actress Son Ye Jin. The roles Son Ye Jin and I can play are different. I want to talk about something else than getting judged on how we compare on who did better. I don't hesitate about any projects because of the pressure I may feel in that sense."

Jung went on to talk about how Han helped him during filming, saying "I made a lot of mistakes but she never creates an NG. She taught me what to do in these situations. Since she's been in the business a lot longer than I have, I learn a lot from her. I'm also learning what positions are best to shoot certain scenes.

I never once felt that I'm older than her during filming so I've never called her noona on set. I think I'll be able to call her that comfortably after we finish."

Turns out that the feeling was mutual as even though Han is a veteran actress, she too learnt a thing or two from Jung, "He gives me a lot of tips on set. I find myself depending on him a lot. What I found while filming was that Jung Hae-In is manlier and has more leadership than I thought. I think that's why I don't feel he's younger than me."

Looks like age truly is nothing but a number. 

13 hours ago, Kooslee said:

@richelle,  I too really enjoyed early episodes of something in rain, but haven't gotten the drive to finish the second half.

13 hours ago, thistle said:

That makes three of us then.  I couldn't get through the last part of Something in the Rain either, and I was really disappointed the way that things sort of fell apart. 

I thought I was the only one who dislike that drama! The casts and setting are lovely but I'm so not into the storyline. I don't even think I finished episode 4:wacko:

11 hours ago, richelle said:

Their relationship has this excitement and attraction that can't be denied.

YES! I kept on calling it 'the thing' because really, it can't be described into words. Just from non-verbal actions, I somehow can feel that JH and JI knows they've finally meet the 'one' and therefore they instantly tells their biggest concern in forming a relationship (JH being a single father and JI in a relationship that leads to marriage). It's not only the chemistry between two actor/actress but their own ability to bring out their characters alive is super amazing. HJM is such an outstanding actress!

5 hours ago, Najoua Soussi said:

If your heart is gone, it's betrayal to yourself and disrespect to your current relationship to stay (specially if your partner is still n love with you) even though your mind is with someone else.

I agree with you! At this point, I don't see her cheating on her bf because they're starting as a friend and do not rush into things, plus she asked him for a break. But then from the start, JI lied to him about the bank account so that makes me think that she is already attracted to JH. If not, why lied? Because paying someone is very much normal lol. So is she really cheating on him? I would say, "Well, a little bit. She did lie on many things regarding her knowing JH." 

On the other hand, I'm having a few thoughts on GS (or KS? Idk which one is right). It seems like he do loves JI yet he sees marriage as what his father told him, 'business'. JI told her friend that from the start of their relationship, they weren't lovey dovey. So maybe their relationship were their parents' doing. But as time goes by with being together, KS may've think his relationship with JI is love and that JI is a part of his daily life.Thus, getting married with her is necessary yet it's not based on true love.

Yeah... I ponder on this drama too much didn't I? hehe

@greezlybee, i agree your theory about GS feeling for JI becoming a part of his life.

Extract from http://m.asiatoday.co.kr/kn/view.php?key=20190524000920385

The MBC drama "Spring Night," which was broadcast on March 23, recorded ratings of 4.3% and 6.3% (Nielsen Korea metropolitan area standards) for the third and fourth times, respectively. 

Extract from Hellokpop:

MBC

K-DRAMA

K-Drama Premiere: “One Spring Night” Ripples Realistic Romance Right Off The Bat

By abbyinhallyuland | May 23, 2019

FINDING TRUE LOVE THAT SPEAKS THROUGH YOUR HEART IS ONE OF THE TAKEAWAYS FROM ONE SPRING NIGHTPREMIERE.

It could be the music, or the minimalist vibe that highlighted the character’s introduction, or both — One Spring Night settles you in right away the moment it begins.

Jung Hae In and Han Ji Min’s new drama kicked off to a great start with impressive viewership rating of 6% for its first episode.

Premiere Week Rating: 4.5.gif?zoom=2.625&resize=80%2C16&ssl=1

Featuring Director Ahn Pan Suk’s signature indie vibe and Kim Eun’s lyrical screenplay, the writer-PD tandem of hit 2018 Something in the Rainseries, sure knows how to draw hearts in a subtle yet lingering approach.

One Spring Night

PREMIERE WEEK RECAP (spoilers ahead)

After drinking with her friend the night before, Lee Jung In (Han Ji Min) heads to a nearby pharmacy to buy some hangover medicine. Assisted by handsome pharmacist Yoo Ji Ho (Jung Hae In), she drinks the hangover cure. However, she forgot her wallet so she asked for Ji Ho’s phone number so she can send her payment later on. In tacit agreement, Jung In steps out of the pharmacy, only to be surprised when Ji Ho follows to give her money for her cab.

Later in the evening, Jung In drives with her long-standing boyfriend to Sang Hee’s place. The mood gets sour when he opened the topic of marriage to which Jung In quietly disregarded. Coincidentally, Ji Ho stays in the same building where Jung In’s friend Sang Hee lives. He spots her with Gi Suk, whom he recently met as a new member of their basketball club.

w7oputF5q4Nz636941597393441209.jpeg?resiOne Spring Night

When Jung In and her older sister visit their parent’s house for dinner, she declares her firm stance of marrying someone when she wants to. Clearly disregarding her father’s pressure to marry her boyfriend.

ONE FATED MOMENT

Not getting any response from the pharmacist about his bank information, Jung In visits him as he tries to invite her out. She politely refuses and heads to Sang Hee’s place. When she picks up the chicken delivery, she gets surprised to see Ji Ho, unaware that he lives in the same building. Mustering courage and craziness, she sends him a message. Under the falling snow, Ji Ho rushes to the pharmacy where Jung In is waiting.

Clearly drawing the line, Jung In reveals her current relationship. At the same time, Ji Ho confesses that he is a single dad. He adds how he has been so curious about him after meeting her for the first time. Knowing her boundary, Jung In offers friendship to which Ji Ho refuses, reasoning it will be uncomfortable for him. Still bugged about Ji Ho’s thoughts, the two meet again when Jung In goes with her sister to the basketball club’s game.

2H4Xa0Y3fWPw636941990459832174.jpg?resiz

PREMIERE WEEK AFTERTHOUGHTS

I really like the indie film-ish vibe of Director Ahn’s story execution. His ability to present a love story that uses bare reality is always engrossing to watch. He makes sure that following the rule that drama characters are all connected, the link he utilizes leads the audience to feel the world of the characters as they move in the story.

One Spring Night delves on the romance experienced through pain and bliss. In one scene, it highlighted the prelude of how cheating begins between partners. In the case of Jung In, who has been in a monotonous relationship, meeting someone who sparks something in her heart and mind made her do things that are unbecoming of her. As Jung Hae In keeps getting better as an actor, his new single dad role, and how it will go along in the story is also something to anticipate.

I am curious how the relationship between Jung In and Ji Ho will finally happen, and how they will stand strong in the chaos that will come after. We are 15 episodes away, but yes, I can’t wait to unravel more stories.

We are also looking to touch the perceived reality of parent’s influence on the marriage of their children. In contrast, shedding light to brave insights of single people about marriage yields another gravitating point.

One Spring Night airs on MBC and is streamed globally via Netflix.

JI and GS don't have a perfect relationship to begin with. Before meeting JH, JI is already not happy with what she has with her longtime bf. She is missing something. There's already no spark in their relationship, reason why she is not even interested in marriage. It seems she is just with GS because they have been together for a while and they have grown with each other. I believe they met due to their parents working in the same school. And when JI asks GS to take a break, she even mentioned that if her goal is marriage, she have not stayed with him. So JI knows that she does not expect GS to be serious with her? Or that she has grown to love him too? I will watch the episodes again later. Waiting is just hard lol. I am not sure how people will view this drama but it is tackling a sensitive issue of cheating or not cheating. It is in the gray area actually. But the thing is if they will make everything according to societal norms, then we would not have a drama in the first place:D

To add, is JI not expecting marriage to GS because of their family status? We know that in korea, family background and financial status is important in marriage. Marriage is not only between the 2 but it is also between their 2 families. I think she also sensed that his future father in law does not approve of her hmmm

Rewatch their coffee date scene with Eng sub:

credit to author

I like one of the commentor theory of denial.

I agree @richelle interpretation of JI and GS relationship.  It is apparent that it stucks her when her sister rebuke her regarding JI dating (during JI advise of her younger sister future).  

Someone know the title of the song ???

I like this PD, he always chooses beautiful songs like in SITR

So Jung Hae In will have the same mother-in-law (again) hahahaha

but this time, she's cooler than last time

bad person is the heroine's father

@diane90we are also looking for the song. For now, songs played grows on you. There are actually 2 songs played(am i right) and both are english songs.

Yeah hae in will have the same MIL if in case lol. The bad person is the father but i think he will not be as annoying as the mother in SITR:)

^the problem is i can't find it in spotify and youtube lol. I hope the PD will release these OST's. If not, not sure where to find them.

I watched both episodes again and there's one scene that may have broke the camel's back on JI's side. After having a shower, she called GS, told her she just had a shower and ask him if he is already in bed. I think she still longs to be hugged, cuddled but the bf does not seem to be interested in her. That physical affection is already gone. I am not justifying her being dishonest with GS, but they are already have issues long before she met JH. It is only JH who will make things clear for her:)

Archived