[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

20 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The breakup scene was weird.

I think they would both be more interested if they

were making a shopping list. 

Maybe JI should have been a bit more clearer. 

This reminds me to the iconic “we were on a break” story from Friends. And until this very day, it’s still a mystery to everyone.

I’m currently rewatching both episodes and I have to say that GS is very much a gentleman. In my perspective, both GS and JI never really know what they really want and haven’t explore the world that much. They are in a loveless relationship and JI herself has been missing the excitement between them. And when she met JH, she finally realized that this is what romantic relationship should be.

Even though it would make the story very complicated and painful, I want to see GS as the bigger person. Someone like Sang Woo from Let’s Eat 2.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that GS should be kept as someone who has yet to realise that both he and JI has fallen into that comfortable phase in a relationship where you drift along to the logic of marriage (since you have been together x years).

I also agree that his characterisation should be one who may become bewildered about the turn of events in his life and no unnecessary third/fourth party needs to be involved.

People will wonder 'He's such a great person, how could this happen to him?' and the truth is that we never know why we drift away from a person we thought we love.

What is love in the first place?

I don't see JH and JI having a grand passionate love but it's two people who suddenly found each other and their hearts clicked in place.

• Finished the first episode, I really, really, really LOVE the OST. It's so awesome, that I already decided to probably buy the OST when it is released by the end of the drama. 
  • I totally dig slice of life dramas and this drama has totally the feel of it. I totally inhaled the first episode. I love the calm atmosphere and just quiet overall flair. The drama doesn't want to tell you a fancy story, it just wants you to listen.
  • I love the single-dad storyline and the daily lifes structure.

I hate weekdays but i need my wed and thurs come fast lol. Nice smiles:D

Han Ji Min And Jung Hae In’s Smiles And Dedication Bring Warmth To Set Of “One Spring Night”

Han Ji Min And Jung Hae In’s Smiles And Dedication Bring Warmth To Set Of “One Spring Night”

May 26, 2019
by J. Lim

MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “One Spring Night” has released new behind-the-scenes moments of Han Ji Min and Jung Hae In.

“Spring Night” is a romantic drama that tells the story of Lee Jung In (played by Han Ji Min), who is faltering in front of reality as she faces a sense of weariness with her long-time relationship, and Yoo Ji Ho (played by Jung Hae In), who enters her life unexpectedly and is direct with his emotions.

The photos show Han Ji Min with a warm smile on her face, exuding her lovely charms as she holds a flower in her hand and gazes at the camera with warmth in her eyes. Even when she’s not staring at the camera, her smile doesn’t fail to light up the space she’s in. Other photos show Jung Hae In also smiling brightly, once on the basketball court and another time as he poses with child actor Ha Yi Ahn, who plays Yoo Eun Woo in the drama.

Han-Ji-Min-Jung-Hae-In2.jpg

Both Han Ji Min and Jung Hae In are said to be bringing more energy to the set of the drama with their dedication towards creating the best versions of their characters.

“One Spring Night” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9 p.m. KST.

On 5/25/2019 at 2:43 AM, richelle said:

I am not justifying her being dishonest with GS, but they are already have issues long before she met JH. It is only JH who will make things clear for her

That's what I think as well.

And I have to admit that as far as GS goes, 

Spoiler

the actor who plays him will Always be Evil in my mind after the role he played in Time (a drama that totally broke my heart and that I cannot let go of). 

Every time I see him, I expect him to do something horrible, and it's making me wonder if he is gonna be a bad guy in Spring Night, just the way that the boyfriend in Something in the Rain was evil, and it took a good man to show the female lead how very bad her relationship was.  That worked for the writer before, so she might use that again.

^There are actually premonitions that GS will not be a good ex bf in case. Jae in even said that she found him assertive and competitive which she does not feel before. If GS will initiate the break up, i think there will be less issues but since it is JI and it is with JH, I am sure once GS knows he will explode lol. As jae in said, if it is her having a relationship with anyone in the group, there will be no issues. Imagine if JI and JH continue what they have, it will be a big problem not only on her parents standards but to their friends as well. It will be so awkward really. And to think that it will seem that JI chose JH will really hurt GS ego. By standards JH is inferior to GS but since JI chose him, it will be the opposite. I can see a flaring GS lol

2 hours ago, cafe99 said:

Honestly I was waiting for Ji Ho's son to say something like "girlfriend?" but I definitely did not expect the "mommy" card. That's 1000000000000000000% more akward :D

@cafe99I agree that it was awkward but part of my mind is jumping happily, when I heard the magic word "eomma". :wub:

The cuteness of these two in the photo will made me go by until Wednesday. :blush:

'ììì¼ ì¸ì ì' ë³ìë íì¥í¬í  ì²ë°©ë립ëë¤_3

Hi Everyone!:)

Its been ages since my last post here in Soompi..and for me to post again its because of my two fave artists HaeIn whom I was previledged to see and shook  hands with  when he went here in my country for a fan meet. and Jimin who I adore so much..

I think from the moment Ji Ho met JI  in the pharmacy he was smitten by her..he dates ocassionally but its with JI that he feels that maybe just maybe the right girl has come along 

as for JI, because of her long relationship with GS, somehow, she feels she needs to have some fresh air..

Hope Im welcome here. Thank you! :wub:

Welcome @annamchoi. The more the merrier. For me usually episodes 3 and 4 makes or breaks a drama for me. I just hope this week's episodes will be equally good or much better:)

@Chellseethose pics and gifs are so adorable. I wonder what JI will say to eun u when the kid called her eomma lol. The idea of being an instant mother should sink in right at that moment lol

[WARNING: LONG POST - READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION:P]

I wasn't too keen on starting this drama because of SITR, which I watched the first half but the story starting losing it's appeal and direction so I dropped the whole thing. But I'm so glad that I gave it a try (mostly because of the main leads). I'm loving it so far! Han Ji Min and Jung Hae In are killing it at portraying their characters and the display of emotions are so deep. Their chemistry is really off the charts :wub: I loved the end of ep 1 when they kept on glancing at each other. Since I wasn't paying attention to any news for this drama I was so surprised when finding out Ji-Ho had a son. But I loved how they brought this kind of dynamic into the plot because it adds so much depth for both characters.

Though I am kind of lost regarding Jung-In's character. She says one thing but does another, sometimes she's really exact and assertive about what she wants but like with her boyfriend at times, she's so vague. If they keep pushing her character in that direction, soon she will get hated (not that it hasn't already started). From the site where I'm watching this drama, people are having a HEATED discussion about whether what Jung-In is doing is cheating or not. One or two people stated that they're dropping the drama, which I think is a dumb and very careless decision to make so early in the drama, but maybe they just can't stand how iffy Jung-In is being which is also understandable. I was also getting a bit frustrated about how she was dealing with the whole attraction to Ji-Ho and not wanting to get married situation.

My stance on whether or not she's cheating is that yes, I think what she's doing qualifies as cheating. Just because nothing physical has happened doesn't make it not cheating. Emotionally she has already distanced herself from her bf and even more so after the mentions of marriage and after meeting Ji-Ho. It's understandable that she doesn't want to be forced or rushed into marriage and not wanting to marry just because they've dated for a long time. It seems that her relationship with her bf has become stale after such a long time, or was their relationship always so plain and boring? But Jung-In's character description states that she pursues after what she desires and prioritizes happiness but then what is she doing staying with someone that doesn't make her happy? This is what utterly confuses me. Obviously she needed some adventure in her life and Ji-Ho just happened to step into the picture. Seeing her unwilling to let him go and her continued pursuit in trying to "become friend" with him, he definitely sparked something her (I mean, who wouldn't be, just look at him ~smirk~). She is curious about Ji-Ho thus becoming friends with him will allow her to keep him by her side to get to know him better, which is kind of her "excuse" to keep on seeing him. But yet she doesn't allow her sister to do the same thing (hmm). Also, I don't know if Jung-In just likes kids but she seems to be really warm and attentive towards Ji-Ho's kid. Like when she suddenly took a picture of the dinosaur stickers in his car, she seems to be really curious about his son too though she's never met him, still it's very beautiful to see that she doesn't care that he's a single dad. 

So Jung-In and Ji-Ho are attracted to each other, but our leading lady is also unwilling to let go of her long-term relationship but we don't know why even though she seems unhappy. I can only see it as that she's unwilling to let go of the stability of the long-term relationship yet also wanting to feel for the adventurous, full of sparkles new attraction. But one can't always have the best of both world and this is leading her on the path of cheating (smh). I can only give her some credit for at least telling her bf they need a break but that's a not a break up so can't give her full credit. Hopefully, she will realize her foolishness before she reaches a point of no return. I don't hate her character or anything though because like the description for this drama, everything really is so realistic. These are all things that can happen in real life, people have times when they don't know what exactly they want and choose comfort over passion or the other way around. I don't expect the journey to be a smooth one, so anyone watching should know that there will be many ups and downs. I just hope that it's a great journey that will leads to our characters learning more about themselves, each other, and finding their happiness. 

Hello to all :D initially I didn't wanted to start the drama this soon cause waiting thing is difficult but to deal with my withdrawal symptoms as I am currently watching Hpl I needed some good drama and when I searched the team behind it without any doubt I clicked it.I had loved this director previous work even though his last project sitr went downhill in 2nd half but overall I liked the drama.I see people comparing it with sitr yeah may be the setting and ambiance kind of give the same vibes (I consider it as director signature work)but story here is different at least the female lead has stronger character and Jung hae in as a single dad makes it more alluring.I love how realistic this drama is,stories that you see around in your own societies not to forget the taboos attached to the issues like this.From what I can observe that giseok and Jung in are basically living in a loveless relationship for past years one can literally feel in their conversation ,there is no heart to heart talk between them and Jung in friend too pointed out in first epi. yeah it's not like couples have to always say love u and other sweet things but you can feel there is no warmth and fluttering moments in their relationship even when they are together.when giseok talked about marriage it was like a casual talk and marriage it not just about living,eating together what giseok said and I understand why Jung in said is he doing this just so that it can be 'convenient'.Jiho introduction in her life is kinda like catalyst she is now forced to think in what kind of relationship she is staying with giseok and them getting married only cause they had been in long rel(I can feel that's the only reason at least for giseok).Her not telling Giseok about the bank account thing (many pointed out why she lied and it's a sign of cheating)made me think that actually we don't know in past how their relationship was and Jung in sister saying he is kind of assertive in nature can imply that may be he didn't like this kind of thing (I mean jiho was basically a stranger )so I am not judging her right now.One good thing is that she told him that she needed some 'break'.She is curious about jiho and may be bit attracted but she isn't sure herself whether it's love kind of thing or she just felt more attentiveness and warmthness from jiho (The chopstick scene gave the vibe that giseok ignored that her chopstick fell but jiho noticed )and want to at least have this kind of person as her close friend with whom she can share anything without being judged and pitied.

I liked that both Jiho and Jung in are being honest with each and don't mind pointing out each other when they are wrong.I hope in the coming episode things would be cleared between Jung in rel with giseok if she wants to pursue rel with Jiho more than being friends.Its too early to say what kind of character they will become in future.

Beside that I liked sisters bonding and even if their father cause problems in coming episode I would like see Jung in standing strong on what she wants.

Sorry for such a long post :D.

Cheating or not cheating, hard question. It really depends on one's perception. I agree that cheating is not only physical but can be emotional too. I have read a comment somewhere that if jung in's character was on the boyfriend side, he already got a lot of hate comments and it's true, double standard works on jung in's side lol. Jung in is a flawed character, right now she is torn. I just hope in the next episodes, jung in will be clear. I also hope she will be honest with gi seok and let's see what will happen. Writer should be a bit careful as we know, cheating is a sensitive topic and at all standards should not be commercialized even if this is only a drama. We will know for sure on this week's episodes. So hard to wait:)

^Those secret glances, so sweet:wub:When jung in and ji ho are in one frame, i can't help but smile lol. Those society norms and standards are thrown out of the window when they're together hahaha. I know it's not good but i can't help it. For sure writer will clear everything before both dive in too seriously.

Few more:D thanks to amazing people who are making these posts

9976D6345CE78EF51B?original

This was cute the way both of them chuckled cute!

9908464B5CE6AA4431?original

Heart fluttering :wub:

99BD6A4A5CE574FB2E?original

Chemistry is overflowing just by them looking at each other :wub:

Archived