[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So mellow and lovely. I like the quiet moments between JHI and HJM as JH and JI.

It may or may not be a mistake, it may be destiny but what was powerful to me was this line.

FJeei8.gif

Cheating or not, that is up to the viewer's perception.

But in this story, that is something for JH and JI to decipher.

They actually really look good together:wub: I will update this post. Pics are already posted by @tok-soompi. Can wednesday and thursday come faster please:D Credits to the owners.

It seems that this is the first time that eun-u has met someone to be called as mom. So it means JH may not have dated since eun-u's mom left. He is really smitten by JI:wub:

1 minute ago, rocher22 said:

The breakup scene was weird.

I think they would both be more interested if they

were making a shopping list. 

Maybe JI should have been a bit more clearer. 

Unfortunately, they decided to give each other some space. So technically, they didn't break up completely. But yeah, that scene, I was laughing lol. You cracked me up with your making shopping list:sweat_smile::joy:

I was kind of worried that this show might be like ‘something in the rain’ but that part when their eyes lock during the basketball match gave me hope. I feel the child is a bit old. Makes JH look like his elder brother. Maybe because he had the kid when he was 28-29 (as per his friends story) 

9 hours ago, seunhyel said:

No Direction and Is It You by Rachael Yamagata

Spring Rain by Osear Dunbar

This PD likes this singer : Rachael Yamagata !

I like this drama , the same with SITR, 

there's no tension, very romantic, human, reality....

there's always rain, snow......très calme :heart:

Me neither.. I can't fing them

9 hours ago, lu09 said:

Unfortunately, they decided to give each other some space. So technically, they didn't break up completely. But yeah, that scene, I was laughing lol. You cracked me up with your making shopping list:sweat_smile::joy:

I agree they did not break up completely. It is what you call cool off period. They will give some other space, cut the usual communications and check after some time if they will get together again. But seeing the two, the relationship is already growing apart. We already know they are already going down that path.

Come to think of it, i think cool off period is not appropriate since they are already cold with each other lol

Great that there's a drama recap. Credit to dramabeans:)

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/one-spring-night-episodes-1-2/

My thought: JI requested cool off partly she is unsure about herself.  She is quite sure she is not ready to marry GS.  But she is not sure whether she should end this long relationship.  It is not easy to break something or someone that you are so used to it and she may still likes him just her heart seems to be beating too normal in this relationship.  To make her to consider cool off partly due to GS request to consider their relationship to the next level, partly she started to be curious with another person that she never even know this kind of feelings before.

The girl really need some cool off time to be sure of what she want.  She is very confuse with herself.

Cos i realise although she is very verbal to her parents and maybe to her sisters that she will decide when and who she want to marry.  She is clear to others that she is not only having a boyfriend but someone that she most probably going to marry to.

Thanks @richelle for the link.  I am reading it and like this comment from dramabeans:

"They’ve heard that Ki-seok’s girlfriend is hot (you’re not wrong), but they’ve never met her."

hee!

i read comments left in dramabeans and i agree that the story should continue to write GS as a good person.  And allows the opportunity for JI to be the bad person or follow society expectation and stick to this long term relationship.

cos it will be too easy if they write GS as a bad person.  But if he is good... the conflict will be complex and layered.

I also like the twist to the story that it's the male lead who has a child and is a single parent.

And his awareness about societal assumptions about single parents. If the writer had written that it was JI with the child, it would be a more common plotline.

You can already feel how he is worried for her and what others may think if they are together too often.

But I like that JI is quite strong-willed. However, I expect that throughout this drama, she will feel the pressure from people around her and I wonder if she will be resistant to the pressure.

Archived