[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

15 minutes ago, valzki said:

They are dating officially now, it means they can both give the same answer everytime people ask where was their first kiss happened ;) B) 

As we know Deok Mi doesn't know that Latte-nim is Ryan Gold. To PD-nim, i wish you give me unpredictable plot for revealing Latte-nim's identity. I don't hope that just happen like in other drama when the girl gets to know the truth then she gets mad because of the lie and the break-up happens and perhaps Ryan goes back to New York? Then 3 years later? Bla bla bla... :unsure:

I don't know why I am replying to you again and again - discussing this drama is so much fun.

I think Latte reveal will be connected to Ryan solving a big issue for Deok Mi instead of any invented angst. There's a lot of stuff to resolve anyway,

1. Lee Sol paintings,

2. Shi An's relationship with Ryan,

3. Ryan being able to paint again since it might not be resolved automatically,

4. Getting Shin Ah Gil out in the open + DM overcoming her insecurities

5. SJ's husband's show causing problems

6. Successful gallery exhibition

7. DM's mom's memories

+ maybe:

8. SA learning about Shin Na Gil

9. Character growth for Sindy

I think there's enough heavy material to cover 6 episodes, and we will need fluff to get through those moments since it is a romcom after all.  And Ryan & DM are 30+...they should hurry up and get into the poses SJ suggested lol

If they go with the invented angst mode it might be quite disappointing for me~ as a delulu fangirl i'd be smiling ear to ear if my S/O is so much invested into my hobbies.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

2 minutes ago, SGahjumma said:

Our topic thread is the hottest now!

Oh Yup, with that hottest kiss :kiss_wink: the whole Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Soompi are getting hot :heart: 

HPL deserves all those popularity :wub:

• Like 9

On 5/6/2019 at 9:10 PM, zenya22 said:

@NaYouSabi? it is okay and I would like to clarify my post re your counter argue... I love it gives me chance to counter argue 

Reveal hidden contents

as you said, am talking about kindred souls, where they get the other. I will agree with you that for DM this is a very new experience, so yes, she would have insecurities or doubts about how she would proceed with her feelings, he is her boss and yes she can't make assumptions because of a feeling she just realized from herself yet she can also give Ryan the chance to explain and not completely rely on another person she does not know telling her about what Ryan had said without giving Ryan the chance to speak for himself as he had done many times before. Also, at present, he is the one person she can talk to about giving up a goal she had wanted so much and then realized that Ryan also is struggling with his paintings and he is going to her, asking how she feels about not being able to paint. Sure DM must have talked to SJ about her struggles with painting and maybe SJ was there when she was struggling but it seems a closed subject for her until Ryan asked. As for EG, yes we don't know because it was not specified by the storyteller that he knew or did not know about DM's struggles. However, just because he grew up with her does not mean he was there when she was struggling. She was in art school and he was busy with his judo activities. Even siblings sometimes and parents don't know about what is happening to one member of the family if that member does not tell about it. Am watching the drama Beautiful World where parents realized too late that they did not listen enough to know what their children are struggling about. As for Ryan,  the only other person who knows about Ryan's struggle  is his psychiatrist. Yes, Ryan and DI have known the other for many years and therefore comfortable with each other yet it is DM whom he goes to talk about his failure to paint. He has not said that he was talking about himself when he asked the question twice of DM how she feels not being able to do what she wanted to do the most... to paint, but the fact that he is asking knowing that DM has been to the secret room, tells me that he is trying to open about himself and his struggle of not being able to paint. He does not go to DI. I am not sure why you are talking about the apologies because we know Ryan is that kind of person from the start, how Ryan is not afraid to admit he is wrong and apologize and does not mean only to DM. However, that 2nd apology to DM, the way I see it, has more meaning behind it. He was very angry because his privacy was invaded more so because she saw his raw vulnerability that he had secreted in that room. So the 2nd apology is to tell her that it was okay that she saw what she saw and that he trusts her. He said all that in not so many words but with a 2nd apology. 

Do you know in a family where everyone grew up together including the parents that sometimes there are members of the family that really connect with the other in a way that the other members don't. For example a sister with another sibling or a parent and a certain child where they know the other or get each other more than the other members of the family. Sure, the family members know of and about each other but not the way the 2 members of the family who are kindred souls connect? Because they are family, they are comfortable goofing with the other just like Di and Ryan,  but the kinship is not the same as with the two kindred souls. Sometimes, this could spark jealousies too. That does not mean that the life or the importance of the other siblings is invalidated, it just shows that there is more to the relationship of the kindred souls because they see each other's heart.

Ryan has been good to DI since she appeared in Korea, my point of the Lee Sol paintings is the same as the fact that she does not know why he is not able to paint and he has not told her about it. DM's advantage is that she has been in his secret room, and she saw the Lee Sol paintings and Ryan does not have to talk to her about any of that it is his business yet knowing that DM saw the paintings, has not bothered him at all that this woman whom he just knew for 2 minutes has seen the most vulnerable parts of his heart and soul. Will he be able to react the same way if DI were the one who saw what was in that room, so far he has not even invited her to his home? DI is an insecure woman regarding her career and is in love with Ryan who said he will help with critiquing her work and giving advise and that is all the can go as far as a relationship with her he also told her as a friend that he wants to stop the fake dating because he wants to date DM for real and what does DI do? Validate her friendship by breaking his heart when she lied to the woman Ryan is falling in love with and did not tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth... she even said that she was a pathetic person and I agree, she is. Sure.... we should not invalidate the 10 or more years of friendship she had with Ryan because she did the invalidating herself.... what a 10 or more years friend... 

I agree that platonic friendship should not be nullified because friends have gotten into romantic relationships, that platonic friends are as important as romantic partners but do you know how many friendships, even sibling ship have been ruined because of a sibling's or a platonic friend's jealousy, lying and deviousness? Or a friend or family member doing something for someone's own good? and that is for real.... Why should someone tolerate deception and jealousy from someone when jealousies and deception and lying ruin friendships and relationships? I am not saying this will happen with Ryan and DI but just because they have been friends for long that it is okay for DI to hurt Ryan and the woman he is falling in love with....

Maybe, your are right that DI will do something good at the end and support Ryan and DM's relationship.... and I have said in my previous post that DI might see that it is better for her to see Ryan as a friend rather than a romantic partner or she will lose her friend

i never really had a problem with , Ryan and DM getting along , its or the level of "getting along" there where at ... it was just that i got the sense that everyone just seem to invalidate the importance of EG N DI just because we didn't like them .... 

to me we all share different connections they don't all have to be the same ... to me it was never about who gets to know which part of who  but the fact that , no matter what part you knew that didn't make you less important , because in the future you can always get to know new things  ... yes what ever she did makes her a swear word friend but she is still his friend, friendship is about the good and the bad , if we can get over that bad and grow then good if we cant then :grimace: .... we can have a say , but Ryan is the friend and Ryan gets to decide ... 

maybe am more tolerant of flaws , than most people ... to me it makes no matter who knows the secret first or even who knows the secret at all ... 

deception and jealousy and all that is real , true why do we tolerate it because love is blind ... but since we know its real why do we refuse to accept that people we don't like are bound to have these human flaws , why do we easily forgive those we like ...

i will defend her friendship but not her deception , only the person who knows her can do that ...

On 5/6/2019 at 9:10 PM, zenya22 said:

That does not mean that the life or the importance of the other siblings is invalidated, it just shows that there is more to the relationship of the kindred souls because they see each other's heart

i would disagree... we all share bonds at different levels with different people ... i do not believe in blood is thicker than water , but i believe in family (the one relationship i will never argue is that of mother an child blood related or not )  ... Ryan in the future can move from where he is to family , but for now , nope ... people can understand you , but just because they do doesnt mean they are on your side ... or maybe am too cynical ....

On 5/7/2019 at 4:22 AM, mmac80 said:

I especially love—and clearly so does Deok-mi, since she praises him for it—Ryan’s willingness to apologize immediately and genuinely when he feels he’s made a mistake. And how lovely that his reason is that he doesn’t want to be a coward; he has the kind of pride that makes him want to be a good person, not the type of ego that would prevent him from admitting his mistakes. Kim Jae-wook brilliantly brings this introspective, guarded, and awkwardly sweet hero to life.

what i love about this is the the fact that its not just about DM but him as a human being wanting to be a better person to EVERYONE ...

On 5/6/2019 at 11:00 PM, Ameera Ali said:

@NaYouSabi? I enjoyed your post,  thank you    , your teacher would be proud :joy::tounge_xd:

thank you , its just essay writing wasn't something i enjoyed at school , i had the tendency to write in circles or start a sentence and leave it half way because i fished it in my head and i get side tracked easily ... my teacher said my brain was moving faster than my pen ... but thanks to dramas like this my love for writing is coming back to me ...

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Wow, I expect to open this up and you all would be on page 100 already. Ha ha not quite yet though I see. Pali pali people :P

Just wanted to say real quickly that I firmly believe there will not be a breakup scene. I don't see DM getting that angry over Latte's secret identity. To me, it's kinda cute and fun. 

Plus, I think there's enough mysteries still to be solved that there is no need for any kind of angsty break up. 

I'm glad EG will get his confession out of the way tomorrow. Once he's rejected, he can move on and we don't have to see him laying around thinking about it anymore lol. As for DI, her comment in the preview really irked me the wrong way. I hope DM uses her heel to step on DI's foot after a comment like that. 

So we are sure the white car isn't just DM's car? Have we not seen her driving at all? I can't remember. If not, that is really funny that Ryan would get rid of the car that DI decorated so horribly. 

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

@taedysol thanks for the info...i went to the fb and scrolled and found all the post about KJW...you are totally right.. he is now a hot item in Korea i guess... I'm so happy for him!! Now Korean will recognize him more and hopefully he will get more CF and lead for drama offer.. and of course more awards to come for his achievements..

He looks totally hot in this post..my goshh... I'm melting :lol:

Hide contents

Oooh I remember abiut this fb posts. It asked people what if Kim Jae Wook (or Ryan Gold) need  a ride because his car broken or he is lost. most of the answers are “ He’ll definitely coming in but not sure about coming back out from the car”:P That’s shows how thristry people now for him. :joy: Lots of people turning into real life Deok Mi now. Fangirling over Ryan Gold :heart:

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

Ep 10 Text Preview:

"Will you take me?"

The exhilarating first kiss finally succeeds! Deokmi and Ryan begin a real relationship!

What is Deokmi's response to Ryan's complaining to take him inside rather than let go of his hand?

Meanwhile, Eungi's long delayed confession surfaces!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Sky8lue said:

And to top it off, RG had to get intel from Cindy!

Those who predicted that Latte-nim would be the one to get through to DM/Sinigil, you were spot-on!

This is ALL OF US waiting for the sugar to drop in episode 10:

am ready for the diabetes ...:wub:

• Like 8
  • LOL 5

Appreciate the attention to detail by the HPI crew :thumbsup:

So Ryan Gold has displayed all the gifts he has received from DM & her family:

1) Diffuser from DM - desk next to table lamp

2) Knitted Lion from DM's mother - placed on desk near table lamp

3) Rock from DM's father (thanks to DM's father, I am now acquainted with suiseki, the art of rock appreciation)

You can spot the above during the scenes in RG's house in episode 9, e.g. when he is sitting at his desk typing a message to Sinigil/DM as Latte-nim.

And if you need an overload of HPL gifs in your life, this blogger creates masterpiece gifs after every episode: https://holyground.tistory.com/62?category=697321

PG-version:

99DD47435CD2FDD81F

For your heart's sake, the rest is under spoiler:

Spoiler

998B34455CD2FDDB02

Spoiler

99EB0F475CD2FDDA2C

• Like 8
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

26 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Wow, I expect to open this up and you all would be on page 100 already. Ha ha not quite yet though I see. Pali pali people :P

Just wanted to say real quickly that I firmly believe there will not be a breakup scene. I don't see DM getting that angry over Latte's secret identity. To me, it's kinda cute and fun. 

Plus, I think there's enough mysteries still to be solved that there is no need for any kind of angsty break up. 

I'm glad EG will get his confession out of the way tomorrow. Once he's rejected, he can move on and we don't have to see him laying around thinking about it anymore lol. As for DI, her comment in the preview really irked me the wrong way. I hope DM uses her heel to step on DI's foot after a comment like that. 

So we are sure the white car isn't just DM's car? Have we not seen her driving at all? I can't remember. If not, that is really funny that Ryan would get rid of the car that DI decorated so horribly. 

Deok Mi doesn't have driving license. It's mentioned in episode 5 when they went to meet the novelist. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

I don't know why I am replying to you again and again - discussing this drama is so much fun.

I think Latte reveal will be connected to Ryan solving a big issue for Deok Mi instead of any invented angst. There's a lot of stuff to resolve anyway,

1. Lee Sol paintings,

2. Shi An's relationship with Ryan,

3. Ryan being able to paint again since it might not be resolved automatically,

4. Getting Shin Ah Gil out in the open + DM overcoming her insecurities

5. SJ's husband's show causing problems

6. Successful gallery exhibition

7. DM's mom's memories

+ maybe:

8. SA learning about Shin Na Gil

9. Character growth for Sindy

I think there's enough heavy material to cover 6 episodes, and we will need fluff to get through those moments since it is a romcom after all.  And Ryan & DM are 30+...they should hurry up and get into the poses SJ suggested lol

If they go with the invented angst mode it might be quite disappointing for me~ as a delulu fangirl i'd be smiling ear to ear if my S/O is so much invested into my hobbies.

Wow... It's a complete drama to-do-list after the sweet moment of our OTP :D i believe all will be resolved perfectly but i don't want all in a hurry without any smooth transition in every scene. I felt it in the beginning of the eps actually. So i think we need to prepare our heart for the bad weather coming before the 2nd historical moment again in the future :ph34r:

Is it a sign that they will follow SJ path to have a baby first because they follow her suggested poses since they are 30+ already? :w00t:

PD-nim won't disappoint us for sure. Only not to get our hopes too high so we will get the very best in the end :wub: 

High five from other delulu fangirl :relaxed:

• Like 7
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

fangirling is on replay or else we’d be up to 100 pages already but soon enough I’m sure.

when RG-DM drove to writer’s house and car got stuck in mud, DM in the rain pushed the car since she cannot drive..so I don’t think she has a car...

• Like 9

Yes

I feel like a proud matchmaker:love:

Okay The prayer for non filler actual drama content for the remainder 7 episodes begins.

Dang 7 more?

but if they are following the WWWSK route, then focus will shift soon.

First of all I want Eun Gi to get a beat down. I get it he is angry that despite being close to DM she likes another person;

BUT YOU NEVER CONFESSED YOU DUMDUM!  she probably thinks of you like a close brother.

Second Da In is actually confusing me, did she set their meeting up? I mean she was remorseful and it showed. Moreover RG wont be friends with her if she continues to hurt DM. My woke hero is a smart cookie

More than anything I want DM to get over her insecurities and be happy.

She may cringe like anything when she finds the truth about latte, but I am sure they are smart adults to figure things out.

Can I just say how thrilled I am at RG's character? :wub: 

He is my #1 woke hero

Kim Bong Do of Queen In Hyun's man is #2

Can't remember the rest though :D

• Like 10

true to my word being converted... just changed my profile pix! bwahahahaha!!! :D

i totally agree... there's no reason for her to be hiding as a fangirl... gurl, we are all fangirl-ing on KWJ right now...! no judgement! :D

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Kasmic said:

These scenes are so cute -

Ryan : "You know that I hate releasing grabbed hands right? How about bringing me inside?" 

for what purpose if i may ask , Ryan the lion for what purpose ...?? isn't it too early for netflix and chill ??:naughty:

can someone please help me with a profile picture ... i cant seem to make one with the right size ...:tears:

Edited by NaYouSabi?
more to say , and didn't want to double post ...
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3

First of all, thanks for the live recaps and the delicious gifs!

I can't believe I'm a 33 year old woman cheering for a fictional couple to kiss on screen ROFL This is what this show made me into and I'm loving every moment of it! So relieved that the breakup drama was kept lighthearted and the pair made up quickly. We were right to trust the writers. 

NOW THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE OUT AFTER SO MUCH LONGING AND SEXUAL TENSION. YASSS!:w00t: TURN THAT HEAT UP!

On another note; I'm yet to watch the episode with subs so am not sure if I'm right in my inference, however, I have an inkling that Choi da in might have sent DM to the workshop on purpose, so that DM can be alone with Ryan. Notice how there was no one in the shop, it seemed like a setup to me. I could be totally wrong though. Edited to add: just seen your comment @classyviews, you've already mentioned the same thing hehe.

Need subs for more in depth analysis (this episode felt a bit like filler).

Edited by Artheusa
a word.
  • Like 11

Yeay!! Done watching Ep 9 with Eng Sub! :wub: 2 times watched raw episode without sub and 1 time with Eng Sub..now going to sleep with a smile and going to re-watch again tomorrow.. 

Now i know why Ryan has changed his car from black to white :D

This drama really makes my heart flutter..both chemistry totally blowing my mind and soul...the confession moment does makes by stomach feels like full with butterflies..that is so beautiful and i really love the way RG look at DM when she cried and confessed to him..his eyes is full with love towards her....my goshh... somebody please teach me how to breathe!! :lol:

Like seriously can't wait to watch Ep 10 tomorrow!!

cGnBkFC.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, NaYouSabi? said:

i never really had a problem with , Ryan and DM getting along , its or the level of "getting along" there where at ... it was just that i got the sense that everyone just seem to invalidate the importance of EG N DI just because we didn't like them .... 

to me we all share different connections they don't all have to be the same ... to me it was never about who gets to know which part of who  but the fact that , no matter what part you knew that didn't make you less important , because in the future you can always get to know new things  ... yes what ever she did makes her a swear word friend but she is still his friend, friendship is about the good and the bad , if we can get over that bad and grow then good if we cant then :grimace: .... we can have a say , but Ryan is the friend and Ryan gets to decide ... 

maybe am more tolerant of flaws , than most people ... to me it makes no matter who knows the secret first or even who knows the secret at all ... 

deception and jealousy and all that is real , true why do we tolerate it because love is blind ... but since we know its real why do we refuse to accept that people we don't like are bound to have these human flaws , why do we easily forgive those we like ...

i will defend her friendship but not her deception , only the person who knows her can do that .

@NaYouSabi?I don't think anyone is invalidating the importance of EG and DI, in fact in the next previews episode DI made a statement that I agree with, she has a point, and there are somethings that DM did that I don't agree with in this episode even if it is a reconciliation episode. We, specifically me, as a viewer am just reacting to the behavior of the character in the story at a particular episode. I don't invalidate nor validate since I am only the viewer of the character, (I did not write the story) and each episode is different as I said the character may then act differently in the following episodes, (for example Cindy whom everyone disliked at the start, has shown some growth and now she is actually likable, so is her mother, Ms Eom, whom is showing that she really is concerned with her daughter and wants her daughter to be a responsible person,) so if the characters show growth then we get to love them too. But that is not invalidating or validating the importance of the character in the story because that is what their characters are supposed to be at that particular episode. And as a viewer we may like them or not, depending on our perspectives we have different reactions and it is fine. We can all see the characters differently. What is important to one viewer may not be important for another. For me, saying that viewers validate or invalidate the importance of the character is a moot point. Viewers are just reacting to the story but invalidating a character is not what viewers do since the character is already in the story. And I agree with some viewers who state that DI and EG's deceptive and petty behavior may make them lose their friendships but you are right, it is up to DM and Ryan to accept or not these behaviors. However, the viewer's reaction is up to them. I honor and respect your defense of the DI and EG's long friendship with DM and Ryan and may DI and EG's hearts open to accept DM and Ryan's relationship and wish them all for a long happy friendship.  

• Like 8
  • Insightful 5

Just watched the episode...the whole confession was BEAUTIFUL :love: 

The angst in this episode was REAL - for both of them, but especially Ryan. Felt so bad for him LOL especially when even his colleagues started turning on him :lol: also the misunderstanding they both had about each other! So glad she had that 'chat' with Latte. Ironic how he was the one who made her brave enough to confess her feelings for him :heart: but still hella sweet.

KJW aced it. PMY aced it. THE KISS WAS PHENOMENAL. (what else to expect from both of them really) Chemistry was off the charts for that last scene! And we get more kisses tomorrow - so can't complain! 

tumblr_pr78jmwVlX1tfeozjo9_400.gif tumblr_pr78jmwVlX1tfeozjo8_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pr78jmwVlX1tfeozjo2_400.gif tumblr_pr78jmwVlX1tfeozjo4_400.gif

tumblr_pr78jmwVlX1tfeozjo1_400.gif tumblr_pr78jmwVlX1tfeozjo3_400.gif

tumblr_pr78jmwVlX1tfeozjo7_400.gif tumblr_pr78jmwVlX1tfeozjo5_400.gif

Credits to Tumblr (@leekangdoo)

Edited by blademan
  • Like 15
  • Love 3