Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

40 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

@cind3r3llaI know he referred to or asked DM what she knew of the Ivanov painting but then he said, "I bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price." At that time he did not know that DM was working for Director Eom. And he did not bid for the Ivanov but for the Lee Sol. So what did he mean he bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price or maybe he meant, you (DM) bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price and the translation of what he said was off? Before I posted I went to the episode and read the subs of the conversation again. If that is the case the translation of that conversation needs to be corrected or I am missing something??? 

Subtitle for ep 1 that i watched said "you bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price". I dont understand hangul so i dont know it is correct translation or not. :D

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

As adults EG and DI should know by now, just because you come between two people does not guarantee that the person you like will suddenly fall for you.  I am also sick of the "oh I am so humble" attitude.  Just because some girl says, I like him, you are going to move aside and put away your feelings.  My response, as DM, would have been to say sweetly, "well I like him too."  Why should DM move aside because DI likes RG?  

I think DM most effected when she heard that CDI knows that they are fake dating. She seems suprised and in her mind, the only one who could told CDI is Ryan. She didnt imagine that CDI heard it from EG. So she got upset because she thinks that Ryan told CDI that they are fake dating and wants to end the fake relationship because Ryan likes CDI and dont want CDI to misunderstand, or else Ryan wouldnt told CDI that. So she thinks that Ryan did not have the same feeling as her. Thats why she wants to end it. Not because CDI likes RG. She only thinks about RG's feeling and if he didnt like her, whats the point of continuing fake dating anyway. 

But i agree with u, she should have listen what Ryan has to say first. I mean, even if its true that Ryan want to end the fake relationship, lets hear it from Ryan's mouth, right?

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tiMadam said:

Does anyone knows what kind of flower Ryan had in his car Deok Mi? thanks in advance.

Not sure if anyone answered this but they are chrysanthemums (probably ones that haven't fully bloomed). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cind3r3lla said:

Subtitle for ep 1 that i watched said "you bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price". I dont understand hangul so i dont know it is correct translation or not. :D

@cind3r3llaOk, so the subs where I watched was wrong. I don't know the language either so I was following the translations...Thank you for the correction and I thought I was on to something.... :dissapointed::lol: and something was nothing aishhhh drama what you doing to me??? ... Thanks again because "you bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price" makes so much more sense.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

:lol: Eun Ki needed to watch some Kdramas, where he would have learned dialogue, such as:

"With love, it is about timing."

"It is a miracle when the person you love, loves you back."

EK = brawn and not enough brains.:rolleyes:

Addendum:  @zenya22- Yes!  It might be Parkinson, which would tie in with Ryan no longer painting.

Edited by Auntie Mame
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5

32 minutes ago, tinymel said:

Not sure if anyone answered this but they are chrysanthemums (probably ones that haven't fully bloomed). 

So it means "Gold Flower" in Ancient Greek. Nice choice Mr Ryan. I really really hope he won't throw away the bouquet, and we'll see them bloom by the end of next episode, if you know what I mean hehe.

Lots of symbolism in recent episodes; Eun-gi complaining about his name and getting silver medals, wanting to be a Gold, DM giving him a fake golden medal-chocolate. EG doesn't get the right to act like a jerk because he always comes in second, just strive to be better person, period. I wonder if we'll ever see why he turned out the way he is. There's definitely some family drama at the root of it.

• Like 13
  • Insightful 3

18 minutes ago, cind3r3lla said:

I think DM most effected when she heard that CDI knows that they are fake dating. She seems suprised and in her mind, the only one who could told CDI is Ryan. She didnt imagine that CDI heard it from EG. So she got upset because she thinks that Ryan told CDI that they are fake dating and wants to end the fake relationship because Ryan likes CDI and dont want CDI to misunderstand, or else Ryan wouldnt told CDI that. So she thinks that Ryan did not have the same feeling as her. Thats why she wants to end it. Not because CDI likes RG. She only thinks about RG's feeling and if he didnt like her, whats the point of continuing fake dating anyway. 

But i agree with u, she should have listen what Ryan has to say first. I mean, even if its true that Ryan want to end the fake relationship, lets hear it from Ryan's mouth, right?

You are correct in your assessment, DM would never imagine that it was  EG would who told DI about the fake dating; however, RG is the one who told DI that he wanted to end the fake dating and why.  Therefore, she knew he wanted to date DM for real when she made it appear to DM that RG wanted to end the fake relationship and inferred it was because he liked her, (DI). It was underhanded, lowdown, and sneaky; especially when DM just helped her put her house together...just plain rotten behavior.  

You are also correct that DM was feeling insecure about RG's feelings for her.  I get that, I really do; however, DM and RG are great at communicating  with each other. DM should have asked him, casually, about DI and their friendship.  RG is a straight shooter, he would have either told DM the truth or that it was none of her business. I think, had she asked, because DI is also an artist, she would have gotten an honest answer.

Great post.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Tagging @SC2019 @kyra myesha @rcalma since you all were asking about the webtoon!

I gave in to curiosity and tried to find my own spoilers by checking out the webtoon. The drama adaptation transforms the set-up quite drastically, so actually there is perhaps not much point in reading the webtoon (if your main purpose is to find out what happens next, assuming that the drama follows the webtoon narrative).

Noona Fan Dotcom

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=52522252

de210abe51b638a8073b42296334

In the webtoon, our resident fangirl is Jo Ara (=Sung Duk Mi) who chases after Min Joon, a member of idol group, Shooting Stars. She runs a famous family restaurant in Gangnam and scouts a manager who will run the restaurant more professionally. That person turns out to be Min Joon's brother (this character is our Ryan Gold).

Personally, I prefer the drama's set-up, especially the characterisation of Duk Mi and Ryan. Not sure we can rely on any "hints" from the webtoon given that so much has been changed. What caught my eye when I read the webtoon synopsis was that the idol star and the lead male character were described as brothers. Wonder if the scriptwriter borrowed this part of the storyline from the webtoon, which means Cha Si An could be related to Ryan Gold (half-brothers, step-brothers, or long lost real brothers maybe?).

P.S. Wow this thread has been super active since Episode 8 and after the well-received BTS. This drama deserves much better viewership ratings in Korea. It's definitely on my personal list of best rom-coms (currently number one) in recent times. Hope the drama stays good all the way to the finale!

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4

heyah... haven't watched the subbed of Epi 8 yet... spoiled myself too much here that i think (like one of you who posted here - sorry can't remember, the thread is already too long when i came back here) i think i will skip watching this until say Monday or Tuesday... so i don't need to be so heartbroken for long time!!! bwahahah! (like seriously, who am i kidding here?!) lol...:D

Anyway...most of you had already dissected Epi 8, but just to add, i totally agree that there must be something more on DM's mom... i remember a short convo bet DM's mom and EG's mom... when they discussed that DM's mom had a hard time at the hospital and EG's mom were there to comfort her - and EG's mom was devastated being alone and was glad DM's mom were there.  DM might have really a twin or something... or another sibling.

i would like to drop the thought that RG and DM are siblings... i will totally drop this drama if it will be the case...

Spoiler

like what happen to Seo In guk's the smile that left your eyes... i love the start, but never like where the ending is going, i completely dropped it off!:crazy:

life in reality is already complicated... i totally agree with yah all.. dramaland should take us to la-la land!:wub:

i so-so-so love that little guy, Geon woo (is that his name) he is such a cutttiiieee! 

On contrary, i think it is the husband of DM's friend (keep forgetting all their names... this is bad!) who will try to clarify and give RG the complete understanding of being a fangirl. looks to me like he is interviewing some fangirls to understand how they really feel. He must have a purpose in the drama, right? 

my pervy question... does someone has a wider shots of the bts...? i wonder how does it look like PMY on top of KJW! hihihih - that bts is just sooo hot! both of them can't keep their eyes off to one another... i want more of this fluffy scenes!!! i mean fluttering scenes on a fluffy bed! (ooopss, that should just be on my mind - i have to stop typing!):P

xoxo!

p.s.

love this collection of Ryan's expressions! (ctto)

Spoiler

tumblr_pqwbahBEnq1r1my6mo6_r1_250.giftumblr_pqwbahBEnq1r1my6mo1_250.giftumblr_pqwbahBEnq1r1my6mo2_250.giftumblr_pqwbahBEnq1r1my6mo7_r1_250.giftumblr_pqwbahBEnq1r1my6mo5_r1_250.giftumblr_pqwbahBEnq1r1my6mo8_r1_250.giftumblr_pqwbahBEnq1r1my6mo4_250.giftumblr_pqwbahBEnq1r1my6mo9_r1_250.gif

• Like 7
  • Love 5

On 5/3/2019 at 12:29 AM, tinymel said:

Agree, I think Da-in has a bit more leeway than Eun-gi. Pretty sure Da-in wasn't going to say anything until 1-she found out it was a fake relationship and 2-realised that Ryan actually likes Deok-mi. She now can justify her actions because she doesn't think that DM has feelings... ergo protecting Ryan. 

Eun-gi however! Man. Immature, petty don't even begin to describe it. He knows that they like each other and doesn't have the maturity to just let them handle it themselves. Even if he doesn't know Ryan's feelings, he knows DM's. 

I'm hopeful that Da-in will end up helping DM realise that Ryan is being sincere. They haven't set her up as evil, rather Ryan's misguided fangirl. 

Eun-gi I have zero hope for. There is no way he can redeem himself in my eyes. Too much damage.

Just finished watching with sub (watched raw 12 hours earlier) . Finally understand why DM walked away from RG at the last scene.  

When DI lied to DM, I was so furious, it's a purposeful lie to hurt DM. She KNOWS DM has feelings for RG. She KNOWS DM doesn't know RG likes her. Once DI knows RG likes DM, DI needs to act fast to stop DM from knowing.  

Whereas for EG, he didn't mean any harm when  he blurted out it was a fake relationship (a fact).  If he intended any harm, he would have revealed DM's real identity to RG.  EG was simply naive, thinking RG would not accept the real DM, thus, the relationship would be doomed anyway.  

Don't understand why DI said EG played dirty at the workshop.  What did he do?  Just flexing muscle and peacocking. 

Ooh, I hate sight of DI, from the first time she appeared on screen- answering call  about 'something people.'  I never criticise anyone's wardrobe, BUT DI's awful, what's with the 80s shoulder pad!?!! She's supposed to be art director! OMG! 

Now now back to catch up reading the posts here.  Over 10+ pages in 24 hours! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

My favorite quote from ep 8. Taken from.the opening title :). And it fits DeokMi imagination — on being super delusional.

You're legally a hard core fangirl when you're able to write your own fanfiction at least for a short scene or two :lol:.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

On 5/3/2019 at 12:30 AM, Artheusa said:

Sorry for posting consecutively but I was right about the memory bit. I should have checked before posting.

Here's a cut from Ryan's awakened memories when he sees children playing in the park (episode 4)

Here's the same boy from DM's mom's memories from tonight's episode:

@zenya22 was right; Deok-mi, Eun-gi and Ryan has a connection from their childhood. If not playing with them, maybe Ryan was watching them play from afar, I'm not sure.

1 girl , 3 boys.  The 3rd boy could be SA.  Trying very hard to look for the mole in any of the boy's chin. :lol:

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, s00ki said:

Just finished watching with sub (watched raw 12 hours earlier) . Finally understand why DM walked away from RG at the last scene.  

When DI lied to DM, I was so furious, it's a purposeful lie to hurt DM. She KNOWS DM has feelings for RG. She KNOWS DM doesn't know RG likes her. Once DI knows RG likes DM, DI needs to act fast to stop DM from knowing.  

Whereas for EG, he didn't mean any harm when  he blurted out it was a fake relationship (a fact).  If he intended any harm, he would have revealed DM's real identity to RG.  EG was simply naive, thinking RG would not accept the real DM, thus, the relationship would be doomed anyway.  

Don't understand why DI said EG played dirty at the workshop.  What did he do?  Just flexing muscle and peacocking. 

Ooh, I hate sight of DI, from the first time she appeared on screen- answering call  about 'something people.'  I never criticise anyone's wardrobe, BUT DI's awful, what's with the 80s shoulder pad!?!! She's supposed to be art director! OMG! 

Now now back to catch up reading the posts here.  Over 10+ pages in 24 hours! 

Ooo! I love that we had totally different interpretations. I think that Da-in isn't sure that Deok-Mi likes Ryan... which is why DI is being so pushy. Whereas I think that Eun-gi knows that DI like Ryan and told her because he thinks she will try to sabotage them. He doesn't tell Ryan because that would really betray DM and he won't do that. I genuinely think EG thinks he is the only one who will accept DM as a fangirl and a woman. Will be interesting to see how it all develops!

re 'playing dirty': He was very hands-on with DM. He sat next to her (where her 'boyfriend' should sit); plus wiping her mouth and saying that they always share those same three dishes. So all things a boyfriend should be doing. (My best guy friend at the time gave me a back hug in front of a guy I was dating and said 'isn't she the greatest?'. It was really passive aggressive and about marking his territory. Very similar, hahaha. This was in high school btw)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts going forward

• Like 5

There was a post and sorry can't remember who it was of KJW singing with his band. I hope that in the drama, Ryan Gold will get to serenade DM and we hear him sing too.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, mmac80 said:

They look like they're always having fun! And they're so touchy-feely behind the scenes.

:love::love::love::love::love:

Also, the imagination kiss is better on BTS. This means the editor sucks! :sweat_smile:

After watching raw, I suspected a lot of cut scenes didn't make it because they were too hot. Somehow, I felt the director wanted KJW and PMY to restrain themselves.  Maybe to save the best for later eps. 

As as it turns out, the cut scenes are way hotter. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2