Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

Last scene with english sub:

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Now that we were trolled by a can-you-believe-it thumb kiss in episode 6, no one is going to trust TVN... #trollking

13 minutes ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

As much as I want these two to kiss, I really prefer the slow burn tho .. I didn't finish WWWSK bc of too many kiss scenes and not enough substance on second half. Too bad, bc I really loved the first half with all the buildup and the comedy, i hope it wasnt repeated in this. And I also looking forward to that scene with DM and RG talking in that play ground.. seems like RG is feeling down and DM cheered him on? 

Btw I just realized that KJW is left-handed :P

Same here, I relish the slow burn too. And both of them are just starting to have feelings for each other, so plunging into a passionate kiss now wouldn't make sense in the emotional narrative.

I have to say though, if this blindfold kiss is really just DM's imagination, it is way too vivid! I mean, they actually locked lips (this violates the K-drama law of dreams.... you must always stop just before the actual kiss haha).

original.gif

What I really loved about tonight's episode are all the heart-to-heart conversations that DM had with RG (in her room at her parent's house, in the car when he drove her home) plus everything that RG did to protect DM without her knowing (looking out for her at the Cha Shi An fanmeet, literally running to save her from Cindy's pursuit etc, playing along with her parents to save her from a difficult situation).  I think deep down he's already head over heels for her, but he just not fully aware of his own feelings yet. From the preview it sounds as though DM comes to terms with her true feelings first, but she's afraid of spoiling their current relationship so she would rather continue to fake-date than come clean. 

My guess is that the love square situation won't last more than 1-2 episodes, because RG has been very consistent about not liking his artist friend. Eun Gi is also not really a love rival to RG since DM clearly sees him as a sibling/close friend, though I hope he gets the chance to properly confess his feelings for DM. He's going to be so heartbroken though.

Curious to know how DM will find out that Ms Latte = Ryan Gold, and how she's going to react when it dawns on her that he already knows all about her secret ultimate fangirl persona. I have a bad feeling that she's going to be outed publicly by Cindy (that's the real life risk that all fangirls grapple with), but I hope our scriptwriter addresses this conflict in a satisfying way that's realistic.

• Like 14
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

I saw the preview and now an agonizing 24 hr wait begins!!!

Busy day ahead so can't fangirl as much,  :dissapointed_relieved:

but looking forward to reading all the lovely comments soon 

:blush:

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Ryan Lion :relieved:

Sung Duk-mi : WTF :joy:

Ryan lion : sorry baby , That my secret life 

Into a thumb & stature :joy::naughty:

Explain myself :mrgreen: we need whole zoo keeper to figure the love square 

... yeah Kim Jae Wook kissing skills doesn't end with the statue only...

behold guys

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler

now say it if you still doubt KJW kissing ability

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 8
  • Insightful 1

Episode 8 preview with English subs

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I'm shocked too!! :scream:

@Ameera Ali @Lawyerh

Explain yourself....<_<

Girls @sushilicious just visiting the secret garden :joy::lol:

15567298611556729854.gif

Spoiler

15567304371556730433.gif

.. @Lawyerh can anyone stat away from his devil smile :yum::joy: 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

I just had this thought and now it wont go away.

What if the conflict is because Ryan doesn't want to admit to his feelings and pushes her away because of his art and Lee sol issues?

I know this is makjang territory but this drama continues to spring surprises and now I am worried.

P.S: The artist friend is coming out too strong which might or might not force DM to acknowledge her feelings and confess. 

Somehow I feel there is another twist coming up.

Edited by stroppyse
The entire quoted section was deleted because the quoted video links may have been corrupted.
  • Like 9

ok @rcalma i will help by saying i think indeed the kiss was imaginary. but now if it is, and they've trolled us twice, we better get a super hot sexy kiss when it happens for real. i also will re-iterate that i don't understand the need for this female friend of Ryan's. EG i can deal with since we know his past with DM. but this girl seems unnecessary unless she's somehow tied to Ryan's artwork and/or his past. 

i haven't watched with subs so i may be way off but is anyone else worried about the marriage between SJ and her hubby? SJ sure has googly eyes for her younger rock star employee. It may just be she's a fan girl but it's kind of making me uncomfortable. Even DM who's a fan girl and seemingly only has eyes for SA, well, we can see her eyes are shifting to Ryan (taking pics of him during the fan meet, etc). but we haven't seen SJ being really googly eyed for her husband. i hope there's no drama there but i have a feeling there will be. so far this show has been quite light, but i think the drama is going to pick up, be it with Ryan and his past, between EG and DM, or SJ and her hubby...i think we will face some more serious issues ahead. :unsure:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

thanks for the recappers..! 

this gifs are sooo hot ... so i don't really care if it was her imagination too... for it is the realization that she like him.. i am all good! :wub:

kEA11b.gif

ctto

though... i wish to see more of them on the next episode... (greedy me! bwahahaha! :D)

and after seeing that other kissing scene of KJW, i do have now a high standard of expectation on how theirs should be..! both of them are pro in this department! they'd better be goooooodd!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

It is DEFINITELY an imagined kiss because in the preview, DM said she doesn’t want to spoil their friendship (between RG and her) if she admits to her feelings.

And I think RG will be in denial about his feelings for quite a number of episodes - like I said earlier, I am quite certain, we will not get a real kiss until Episode 11 or later because RG has to resolve many issues.

I also think Choi Da In, the artist Friend will try to help RG resolve his issues regarding Lee Sol. I think RG will tell her in the episode tomorrow that DM and him are just fake dating, so DI will come on STRONGER onto RG. 

And sadly, DM is not going to do anything about it because she is worried about losing RG as a Friend. EG will also step up his moves and come on stronger to DM, because he’s also under the illusion that DM’s first love is SA and EG may let himself to think that he will just be happy being DM’s second love ...

I don’t think RG will push DM away - he will just be in denial until very late in the series ... 

If this is a slow burn kinda script, I think we will have to wait until Episode 12 or 13 for them to fall in love - and then, maybe RG has to go back to NY with DI for 2 episodes to resolve the Lee Sol and his inability to paint issues ... I have got a strange feeling the scenes are not going to be as ‘hot’ as in WWWSK - and the kisses would be tame ... The reason being during the Press Con, KJW sort of dropped a hint - he said the drama is not going to be full of ‘matured scenes’ - maybe he doesn’t want comparisons with WWWSK, so he’s managing the audience’s expectations ... (SAD, but I don’t want to hope or wish too much for hot scenes anymore, cos I think TvN has tamed down a lot ... kind of disappointing for a cable channel ... or maybe they were told to tame down all the love / kissing scenes because of real life events in SK ...) I think the whole drama is about illusions and how art can both reveal and hide truths ... So, I am preparing myself for MORE TROLLING from TvN ...

And a note for those who are reading the webtoon - don’t put too much trust in trying to identify similar plot or ending - the last drama based on a webtoon- Touch Your Heart, TvN really botched up the ending - very rushed - I think because they ran out of time and Budget  - so this could happen for this drama too.

The only drama which stayed very close to the webtoon (inclusive of all the hot scenes) was WWWSK- and this drama was broadcasted pre-scandal-mired KPop/KDrama period. Unfortunately, in reality, the situation is very different in post-scandal-KPop/KDrama period .... so, we may have to suffer through a dry spell with regards to ‘hot’ scenes ... :expressionless:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 6

Thank you all for live recapping. My Korean is limited at a few words so my life has been depending on you guys. It’s been so long since I last live watched a drama, and it feels good as always. 

I really think the sofa kiss is DM’s imagination. And I am both disappointed and happy about the thumb kiss. Disappointed because I totally believed that it was real and that Ryan came so strong about his feeling for DM. But I am happy as hell when it’s not real. Now if you think about all the sexual tension that was built up in all their previous intimate scenes, like when they faked a kiss and he pushed her against the wall, or the untangling scarf scene in the bath room (I need to fan myself thinking about it), I’m sure that we will have something equally hot and squee-worthy for the first kiss. So I had been a bit disappointed, thinking the first kiss just happened like that. Even the sofa kiss as their first kiss wouldn’t satisfy me. I NEED something more haha (bath room scene rewinding in my mind). I trust this show.

And really the sofa kiss would not fit with the story flow and characters’ development right now. DM just realised her feelings and making such a big move is not her thing. I have a feeling that as a fangirl that lives double life, she would like and used to keep her love/crush/bias undercover for a while. Then with a love square happening in next episodes, she will soon realise she cant just put her feeling aside and keep it from the public like she does with her idol love. Can’t wait for it. 

For now, let’s sail this ship together! 

To the Ryan with an R that Korean people can’t pronounce and the Deuk-mi - the most relatable female lead in dramaland.

• Like 9

I can't wait for the sub any longer and thus dive in to watching the raw version for now...we'll re-watch the sub version whenever it becomes available tonight.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I feel like DM :grin: ...after the photo shoot she immediately edits ...in my case at the end of  ep 7  i immediately check in lol...

This kiss today at the end i totally support and feel that awww  that is so  :wub: nice ..what a true artist she is to appreciate him   unlike the previous one (when i was not aware of thumb cindy )  .  Its always good to introduce your family ...so they really really love you if they decide to stay and continue the relationship.  He is also starting to show his playful side and  starting to live again , and nice dose of  generosity by protecting her and enabling her to fulfil her infatuation.   A very joyful episode of nice possibilities and natural mischief ... i can wholeheartedly  participate in their burgeoning romance .  ( on a side note , is the coffee barista paying back all the broken dishes or is she keeping him humble after his great concert  or or ?????) 

• Like 3

They didn't show the one scene I was expecting; DM's mum cunningly smiling to herself after shoving Ryan and Deok-mi inside her room WHY U CUT THAT HILARIOUS SHOT? tsk tsk tsk.

Ending two episodes back to back with pretend kisses? Why abuse the same trope show? tsk tsk tsk.

The possessed psychic has to be an allusion to Kim Mi-kyung's previous drama Master's Sun right? What sort of French was that lol

I felt so bad for Deok-mi's dad in this episode; he lost a chunk of money after a business failure and messed with Deok-mi's education, so she decides to stay in Korea not to cause a split in the family. Looks like he's stayed home after that and kept to himself and to his rocks, bearing the daily humiliation coming from his wife. He was over the moon when Ryan got interested in his collection, and he even gifted him a piece DAWWWWWW:tears: He's a total teddy bear.

I can see the history panel of Deok-mi's Photoshop app, and there's nothing there but the open file state haha. She wasn't actually doing anything on the photo :P I know it's a minor detail, but I like when show creators pay attention to stuff like this.

Da-in's starting to become annoying (watched the preview). To set the record straight; those are not lion's ears hunny, and that's certainly not a lion's tail. Now beat it, will ya?:thumbsdown:

• LOL 8

WHY AM I SO SURE RYAN IS GONNA KISS HER TOMORROW???!!!! I AM SO HYPED FOR THAT BUT AT THE SAME TIME TVN DONE TROLL US FOR THE PAST TWO EPISODES IDK WHAT TO FEEL :bawling::flushed:

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, blademan said:

WHY AM I SO SURE RYAN IS GONNA KISS HER TOMORROW???!!!! I AM SO HYPED FOR THAT BUT AT THE SAME TIME TVN DONE TROLL US FOR THE PAST TWO EPISODES IDK WHAT TO FEEL :bawling::flushed:

What ...you mean there was no kiss ...wow , it looked so real to me LOL 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

What ...you mean there was no kiss ...wow , it looked so real to me LOL 

I'm talking about the beginning of this episode. The 'thumb' kiss.

• Like 4

I am really curious to see how they handle the “ep8 kiss”.  The only way I can see it happening is if Ryan’s jealousy “roars” to life after Da-in confronts him with it. We could very well end up with a rejection and then Ryan coming after her—not an uncommon trope. 

Also  I don’t think Da-in will pose much of a threat or whatever. She might be the visual artist working with SA but ultimately I think it will either be Deok-mi’s photos or more likely Ryan’s own work. She will probably play some role in the exhibition but expect her to be here just to make Ryan realise his feelings. 

So far DM’s idolisation of Ryan is on track. I wonder if she is going to be angry when he admits he knows she is a fan girl. I can imagine that will be played out as a big betrayal for her—that he has been laughing about her behind her back. 

Crazy to think we are at the half way mark already! I hope they keep the pace up and we get swift resolutions to our various threads. Particularly I hope they don’t make too much about Lee sol. I think it is pretty clear she will be Ryan and SA’s mum. We see SA answering her call right after he says he knows there are 9 paintings in the series. I’m going to guess she painted one for each of Ryan’s birthdays (abandoning him at age 9)... I don’t know maybe a crazy theory but it feels right, if that makes sense. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2