[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Hmm...., I personally think he did not kiss his own thumb. Been reading about that and been wondering. Until I saw the gif above, I think he did not kiss his own thumb. Pay attention to the length of his other thumb and compare it to the half hidden thumb and position of his lips. The thumb is not long enough to be kissed by him.... At least that's how I see it... :glasses:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

59 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hmm...., I personally think he did not kiss his own thumb. Been reading about that and been wondering. Until I saw the gif above, I think he did not kiss his own thumb. Pay attention to the length of his other thumb and compare it to the half hidden thumb and position of his lips. The thumb is not long enough to be kissed by him.... At least that's how I see it... :glasses:

We need to  give him benefit of a doubt because  he 

15564510601556451052.gif

Of his little attention to her lips :joy:  &  making gossip about most wanted / talked thumb :tounge_xd:

Spoiler

ACC9196C-6BF4-4135-9B11-B8762B40D496.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

When you rewatch it , you  realise  that Lion Gold never kissed Curator song  but actually put his thumb above her lips before pulling her in 

Yeah idk maybe he did it because he noticed someone was around the corner...? Hopefully the new episode will show the continuation and justify WHY his thumb was in the way :phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

OOooo... jumping into the 'thumb kiss' debate, I don't think he kissed his thumb... but because of the speed of the kiss his hand just happens to be super close to her mouth... specifically his mound of venus (hehehe) the fleshy part of your thumb is what we can see.

Also, mom catching them?!?!?!?!?!?!? what!?!?!?!?!?!? hahahahahhaha

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

You and Ameera Ali made my day ! Literally laughed out loud while figuring out which thumb is which. 

In one of the presscon, a reporter asked KJW whether it’s an ‘Adult’ romcom. He kept saying it won’t be ‘RA’.  Then PMY revealed that the (kill it) scene will be in ep 6!

Here we are, debating why he sucked his own thumb, the length of his thumb...

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Too funny...agreed the kiss was a little tame compared to past Pmy dramas...she usually has really realistic kisses...

could be that they cut the scene for the pretty visual...because the bts kiss when they were both in their heavy coats looked pretty real...lol

our expectations were probably heightened cos kjw is a pretty hot n sexy lead....

• Like 6

4 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

So basically y'all are saying he literally kissed his thumb and not her lips? Okay I clearly need to re-watch this. I thought I was missing some metaphor here :rolleyes:

But in the episode itself it is not clear that Ryan kisses thumb. I noticed this when I saw the BTS. On the offscreen video clearly shows that he kisses not the lips of DM, and finger.
I hope that in the next episode we will explain this moment. And if not ... then you will have to assume that the actors have become too chaste, and they cannot even kiss))) But this is hard to believe ...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Have been following the posts on this thread as best as I can, especially the comments on the last episode — the kiss, Ryan’s motivations for it, whether it’s in keeping with his character, and oh! The oversized clothes and short pants fashion! 

First off, nice to see familiar peeps here, and yes! The chemistry between our leads is palpable and absolutely sizzling! That said, it’s almost mid-way and the story hasn’t quite gotten us to the point where things are sizzling to a pop yet. 

Regarding that kiss and the lead up to it. I think that there was even a kiss was a surprise to all, but oh, such a deflating moment it turned out to be. Based on camera angles and cuts though, the issue seemed to be with an editing decision. They decided to go with a “goldfish kiss” at the end, and I guess that’s what’s leading to questions. What’s the direction the director is driving the storyline towards? 

I went back to re-watch episode 6 and episode 6 only. From the flashback sequences of both DM and RG, I think it’s safe to say that DM is definitely attracted to him and she’s aware of it. RG on the other hand is intrigued by her, and his attraction is subliminal — in his waking moments, he’s intrigued by the private life she’s trying to hide and clearly finds that part of her very amusing. Why he finds it amusing though, I still don’t know and can’t tell. His subconscious however is certainly attracted to her. The way he smiles when he’s looking at her (cf. when he saw her at the traffic light and got out of his car), the way he’s so focused on what she says and repeats after her (cf. “annyeong” scene), the way he thought about how she saw to his safe and secure return home when he was drunk as regret slowly came to him for yelling at her. RG looked up the CUPATCH site to look for her, not because he was concerned with what CUPATCH stalker might be thinking. He was really looking for her - he went back to the office first. Then searched CUPATCH before going to the concert venue. As regards the kiss though...

My take is that the artist in him threw caution to the wind and he just wanted to kiss her. It was purely an emotional response with no other deeply calculated intentions. I don’t think he was thinking about CUPATCH, nor was he thinking about their fake dating status, nor was he expecting this to signal an actual relationship. Based on the flashbacks leading to his looking for her, if those are indication of his thought process, it all cumulated into a gut response. As for why DM responded with a goldfish kiss, I would like to suggest that she’s shocked. Just a couple of hours before, he was clearly angry with her. Hence she thinks she should hug him but then decides against it. She’s a lot more cautious than he is. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

18 hours ago, blademan said:

Yeah idk maybe he did it because he noticed someone was around the corner...? Hopefully the new episode will show the continuation and justify WHY his thumb was in the way :phew:

which episode ??? im going to rewatch it

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

episode 6 Secrets

I rewatched episode 6 and it has its cute and angsty moments but what I think is significant in the episode are the secrets. LIke any other human being both Ryan and Deok Mi have secrets buried at the deepest and most tender corners of their hearts, hidden from the world around them, secrets that define their self view and what they think could ultimately hurt them.

Deok MI hides the idol fangirl side of herself because she knows it could basically hurt her career and her relationship with significant people in her life such as her parents and rue her prospect of establishing a real life relationship with a real person as was advised by her friend Sun Joo, "don't fall for a real person." What she does not know is that Ryan whom she knows has her notebook already knows she is the owner of the notebook, Si Na Gil.

Ryan never told anyone that he has two of the Lee Sol paintings and he lied to Si An saying that he obtained one painting for a client but now Deok Mi saw 2 in his secret room. 

So it seems that ep 6 is the opening that leads to an ensuing revelation of the significance of the secrets which is dependent on the level of trust DM and Ryan have on each other but sometimes there are secrets that are never revealed when the secret loses its significance and it does not matter anymore.

Ryan and DM are just beginning to have awareness of their feelings for the other. For DM's secret, Ryan already knows and accepts her fangirling and even amused by it but it might be a bit of a problem when he reveals that he already knows and accepts her fangirling and how DM will re-act to that revelation. On the other hand, it might be harder for Ryan to open his heart about the Lee Sol paintings and it's significance to himself and his inability to paint. However, Ryan might realize that DM is the one person who can help him recover his artistic talent when she helps him to get unstuck from his past and make peace with it through loving him.

Si An owns 3 of the paintings and he thinks that Ryan's client also owns one and that they have to find five to complete the collection of 9 paintings as he does not know about the 2 that Ryan has. Ryan asked how Si An knows that there are 9 Lee Sol Collections and Si An says matter of factly that he "heard it from someone." It seems that both Ryan and Si An are also keeping secrets from each other and yet they have this level of friendliness and trust, especially Si An who calls Ryan hyung. I am so anticipating the revelation of the significance of the paintings to both Si An and Ryan and who the painter is and their relationship to the painter and the completion of the project and the final exhibit. 

Then there is Cindy the psycho stalker whose ego depends on the popularity of her fansite. Every minute she is checking her phone to see how many followers she has in her site and if the numbers are down she goes into psycho mode and blames people who have nothing to do with her or her site as in blasting the photo of DM wearing Ryan's jacket that was alike to SA's and creating a non existent scandal. She really isn't a fan of the idol, rather she is a fan of herself and using the idol to create a fansite where she can boost her ego. Ryan helped DM with a fake dating relationship and Cindy being in their midst and still threatening DM made Ryan agree to continue the fake dating. Ryan could care less about Cindy. However, Ryan highly values his privacy and respects privacy of others. He has not realized yet the extent of craziness Cindy is in, that she stalks both Ryan and DM,  parks in his garage all night waiting for him to leave and see whom he goes out with, whom he picks up in his car or that she follows DM to his apartment and parks by his building to see when DM comes out of the building and whom she is with and if Ryan walks her out, all because she has lost followers in her fansite and blames DM for it. Her level of stalking is escalating to danger zone. I hope Cindy will be ousted from the plan already. Because I don't want her to be the reason or excuse for Ryan and DM dating. I want them to date because of their desire to date the other. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

OMG this FanDom :wub: Love all the theories and analysis.

I feel we are reading a BIT TOO MUCH into the kiss. 

But I cant help myself and am reading all the theories and swinging between many theory trees lol

Safe to say this space will be Hopping on Wednesday.

Wanted to share the love you all :blush: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

For those interested in visiting the filming locations while touring Seoul...

First up... Deok Mi's residence featuring the iconic staircase that served as the runway for the real/fake/still-being-debated-every-day kiss 

And if you wish to walk past the elderly artist's abode

• Like 7
  • LOL 2