Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

Recommended Posts

DM technically invaded his privacy by entering into his secret room which was beyond the scope of investigating the leak...

So she should not have done that. 

So he was also asking why she thought she had the right to do that..

Also if it was something that he felt very vulnerable about ... he might lash out in the heat of anger...

It's a bit like telling your someone that you hate them etc if you are quarrelling or if they hit a sore spot...this happens even in family squabbles...

You hurt them because you feel vulnerable... and sometimes the words uttered can be downright cruel...

So I put it down to the heat of the moment...it doesn't make it right of course

 

With regards to his red ears... can't help you... must try to watch his other more mature dramas to see if he has red ears for all his scenes... can't find them on YT though...help anyone??

If no red ears... then we should camp at the other forum....:D

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

Wah...she is seriously playing with his ears.....lol...so cruel...given how red he is already.....

this woman knows how to tease:w00t:

lols.. that explains the rednesss

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, niharika111 said:

 

I totally get what you are saying. He had all the reason to be mad at her. She did invade his safe haven, his private space.  I'm sure DM would have been upset as well if Ryan entered into her private space without permission.

 

But he wasn't just angry, he was cruel to her. He probably knew at that point that DM cared about him from the way she took care of him when he was drunk, but he threw that to her face and mocked her for taking their fake relationship for real.  His exact words were "Did you really want to play the role of somebody's girlfriend so bad?" That is so hurtful, especially to someone like DM who has been nothing but sweet to him after they sorted out their earlier issues. That is why I felt that DM forgave him too easily. He hurt her pride as a woman, almost making her sound too desperate. If I were her, I'm not sure if I could have forgiven so easily. I think it is in Deok Mi's character to be happy and forgive easily, but I wanted to see more of Ryan trying to make up to her for his abrasive behavior.

 

Yes, he was cruel.

Why Deok Me forgave him so easily? We must take into account next scene. When Deokmi with EG and SJ, Deokmi said it her self, that at that moment she was more afraid that Saja will be dissapointed at her and hate her. She knew that her being in the studio room was wrong. She did know that Ryan didn't paint anymore and realised at that time that somehow that was connected to Lee Sol painting (she knows that he lied about buying Lee Sol painting for his client). She realized that did something that may be unvorgivable to Ryan, like uncovered his secret?.

 

So when she saw that Ryan chased her right away to her home, out of breath after running for fourth storeys high, she forgave him right away. She was relieved that Ryan did not hate her and dissapointed at her like she was afraid of. She even apologized her self.

 

Then take account two scenes unfold after that, when Ryan acted as full fake boyfriend mode right away. Thumb kiss to protect her from stalker Cindy and politely agreed to have dinner at her parents house. Those two acts, for me somehow, was Ryan's made it up to Deokmi. It was like, in his mind he said, I did said that did you really want to play somebody's girlfriend so bad. That must hurt you. But I regret what I do and I am sorry. So I really want to act as your "fake" boyfriend... so the bold move: the thumb kiss.

 

Even after that He dropped her at home and sincerely apologized again in his car.

 

In the later episodes, Deokmi herself, said that now that she understand Ryan more (after knowing all of Ryan secret), she owes him apologize for having entered his studio at that time...

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, niharika111 said:

Hello everyone,

 

Still missing HPL! If anyone can recommend any other good K-drama, I'm all ears! :)

 

I'm not currently watching any, but I have my eye on IU's upcoming "Hotel del Luna" (although I hear the correct phrase should be Hotel de Luna if it's Spanish?). I'll definitely give that a look come July 13th. :)

 

8 hours ago, niharika111 said:

I wanted to discuss something that has been in my mind for a while.  Do you remember the episode where Ryan yells at Deok Mi for entering into his house without permission? I felt Ryan was not just angry, but very mean to Deok Mi. He insulted her for taking their fake relationship too seriously. Ryan was cruel because he attacked Deok Mi where he knew it would hurt most. At that point in time, he had already started to fall for her. But can you do that to someone you care for? Yes he apologized but I wish Deok Mi had not forgiven so easily. I wanted to see Ryan reflect more on what he insinuated and how that would be so disrespectful to Deok Mi when he was the one to offer to fake-date? I guess, a little angst of this kind would not have been all that bad! :)

 

What do you guys think?

 

Yes, I think some people can be intentionally cruel at certain moments to people they care for. I know it happens even between lovingly married people, family members, etc. When some people are hit in the deepest part of themselves that hurts the most, they can lash out in that moment and want to hurt the other person as much as they are hurting. Of course it's not a good thing, but I think it's a human thing. Looking back at that moment after having finished the drama, I actually appreciate it because at least there was a time that Ryan had understandable human faults. He was way too perfect after that, although I'll definitely take it as a counterbalance to how trashy 90% of K-drama male leads are (the figure is probably an exaggeration, but the point stands). :P

 

I saw the subbed Life Bar video where KJW talked about playing a murderer in Voice. (I love his interviews, even in print; he gives interesting answers.) I thought it was interesting, when he talked about how it took a toll on him and his "energy level" even when he wasn't on set. I wonder how he would describe filming HPL in a similar manner, like did it affect his energy level to play someone who was so in love?

 

Finally, here's a cute comparison of Seon Joo's fake-dating photo inspiration vs Ryan and Deokmi's eventual versions. :D

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lighthearted said:

So can some expert tell us why he was red each time he had skinship with PMY? Shy or what? 

@lighthearted I looked up blushing and I got this excerpt from an article written about blushing. It is not something that we can control. KJW is a superb actor and very believable in his character portrayal but he can't control his autonomic nervous system like everyone else. But it is cute since it gives a clue of what is really going on with him??  poor baby.... he is shy or excited or both? 

 

"Physical Causes of Blushing

According to Britain's National Health Service, blushing is caused by muscles in the blood vessels in the face that are controlled by the autonomic nervous system. The autonomic nervous system is not something that people consciously control. When the autonomic nervous system is overtaxed, it causes a slight swelling in these muscles and a slight reddening of the skin. There are many possible triggers for the autonomic nervous system, including emotional and physical stimuli. Some diseases, such as rosacea, can cause the long-term appearance of blushing. There is even a condition called erythrophobia, or the fear of blushing, which causes some individuals to blush even more in situations where they might blush.

Triggers for Blushing

In addition to medical conditions and physical attraction, blushing can be triggered by a variety of strong emotions including guilt, anger or embarrassment. It can also be caused by excitement of a non-sexual in nature. Beyond emotional triggers, heat, rapid changes in temperature, exercise and exertion can cause blushing. Certain foods can also trigger blushing. The list includes spicy foods, alcohol, hot drinks and anything that contains monosodium glutamate, or MSG, a common flavor enhancer in food."

  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ondine said:

 

Finally, here's a cute comparison of Seon Joo's fake-dating photo inspiration vs Ryan and Deokmi's eventual versions. :D

 

 

 

:joy:  Do you guys remember RY's and DM's expression when SJ showed them these couple's  "concepts". Both of them looked like " Ew, No way. Who wants to imitate those cheesy couples?".  And then when it was their turn, they violated the single hearts  in Cheum. Those poor people :joy: got sore eyes almost everyday :naughty:

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

@lighthearted I looked up blushing and I got this excerpt from an article written about blushing. It is not something that we can control. KJW is a superb actor and very believable in his character portrayal but he can't control his autonomic nervous system like everyone else. But it is cute since it gives a clue of what is really going on with him??  poor baby.... he is shy or excited or both? 

 

"Physical Causes of Blushing

According to Britain's National Health Service, blushing is caused by muscles in the blood vessels in the face that are controlled by the autonomic nervous system. The autonomic nervous system is not something that people consciously control. When the autonomic nervous system is overtaxed, it causes a slight swelling in these muscles and a slight reddening of the skin. There are many possible triggers for the autonomic nervous system, including emotional and physical stimuli. Some diseases, such as rosacea, can cause the long-term appearance of blushing. There is even a condition called erythrophobia, or the fear of blushing, which causes some individuals to blush even more in situations where they might blush.

Triggers for Blushing

In addition to medical conditions and physical attraction, blushing can be triggered by a variety of strong emotions including guilt, anger or embarrassment. It can also be caused by excitement of a non-sexual in nature. Beyond emotional triggers, heat, rapid changes in temperature, exercise and exertion can cause blushing. Certain foods can also trigger blushing. The list includes spicy foods, alcohol, hot drinks and anything that contains monosodium glutamate, or MSG, a common flavor enhancer in food."

 

So I choose to believe in "emotional and physical stimuli."   :joy: . I saw his red ears in the scene he cried after telling Lee Sol he was HYJ and he was totally in his character's emotion. He was very touched and also make audience to be moved to tear.

So, yes, I guess "Emotion" is the key to solve the "red skin" problem. Your answer is just perfect for my delulu mind :wub:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lighthearted said:

So I choose to believe in "emotional and physical stimuli."   :joy: . I saw his red ears in the scene he cried after telling Lee Sol he was HYJ and he was totally in his character's emotion. He was very touched and also make audience to be moved to tear.

So, yes, I guess "Emotion" is the key to solve the "red skin" problem. Your answer is just perfect for my delulu mind :wub:

True, now that I think about it, has nothing to do with shyness because he knows he is just too sexy and irrisistible when he said "do you want me" and no blushing there. So yeah it has to be the emotion and the physical nearness hehehe :blush:

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lighthearted said:

 

:joy:  Do you guys remember RY's and DM's expression when SJ showed them these couple's  "concepts". Both of them looked like " Ew, No way. Who wants to imitate those cheesy couples?".  And then when it was their turn, they violated the single hearts  in Cheum. Those poor people :joy: got sore eyes almost everyday

 

 

Never saw a more "intimate" and "dangerous" scene in K drama....:sweat_smile: She practically put all of her "assets" onto his face and put him in a verge of death by Asphyxia....:skull:

 

  • LOL 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cenching said:

 

Never saw a more "intimate" and "dangerous" scene in K drama....:sweat_smile: She practically put all of her "assets" onto his face and put him in a verge of death by Asphyxia....:skull:

 

 

Let's say that even the three reluctant audience who witnessed that spectacle were also suffering from Asphyxia. That's why Cindy offered sugar bars to 2 others to balance their blood-pressure :joy: 

  • LOL 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ondine said:

Yes, I think some people can be intentionally cruel at certain moments to people they care for. I know it happens even between lovingly married people, family members, etc. When some people are hit in the deepest part of themselves that hurts the most, they can lash out in that moment and want to hurt the other person as much as they are hurting. Of course it's not a good thing, but I think it's a human thing. Looking back at that moment after having finished the drama, I actually appreciate it because at least there was a time that Ryan had understandable human faults. He was way too perfect after that, although I'll definitely take it as a counterbalance to how trashy 90% of K-drama male leads are (the figure is probably an exaggeration, but the point stands). :P

Yes, his abandonment issues and inability to draw are his weak points that he carefully tries to keep concealed from others. Suddenly finding her in that room must have been a huge shock, and a major source of hurt. Most people’s first instinct when hurt is to strike back against the person wounding them, with the regret coming later, after the head has cooled down.

 

He does have his human moments though, like the way he fired her and just yanked the employee ID necklace off her neck after that artist sued him. Or how he ignored Shi An and shut the door in his face after he found out they were brothers. He was also upset and humiliated after first finding out Deok Mi was straight, refusing to play along as the fake bf in front of others for a bit. He’s also quite competitive, getting revenge and showing no mercy to his gf in Hwatu (with real hits, no kisses on the arm), and likes to tease her mercilessly at times (exaggerated story of how they met, sending her to the post office at the same time Shi An is visiting, taking off the blindfold, etc.).

 

He’s mischievous, and not a person who takes losing gracefully. He likes to win. Also, he can be short tempered, but I like how he makes up for it right away by realizing it and apologizing. He’s someone who learns from his mistakes. I just love his character. :heart:

 

  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rewatch HPL for 6 times now but there’s still a sorrow in my heart. I miss them so much and need more of RG x DM :tears:

 

Found this fanfic and thanks to anyone who created it, still I need more.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18845524

 

I beg someone here, please create more story about these lovely two :unsure:

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jd50 said:

I enjoyed reading this thorough and thought-provoking take on HPL, the themes explored or not, the handling of Ryan's adoption/childhood trauma. etc. Plus, tribute to the art that is KJW! 

 

https://usagitoneko.wordpress.com/2019/06/15/her-private-life/#more-2536

 

 

 

Loved the review! But I feel it did not do PMY justice! 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It dawns on me every now and then just how much I LOVED HPL, well most of it. It has spoiled so many dramas I have seen before. I just cannot go back to them. Why hasn't KJW been in more lead roles? I can see him as a psychopath but I'm not sure if I will be able to see him not get the girl! :(

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fauna said:

Yes, his abandonment issues and inability to draw are his weak points that he carefully tries to keep concealed from others. Suddenly finding her in that room must have been a huge shock, and a major source of hurt. Most people’s first instinct when hurt is to strike back against the person wounding them, with the regret coming later, after the head has cooled down.

 

He does have his human moments though, like the way he fired her and just yanked the employee ID necklace off her neck after that artist sued him. Or how he ignored Shi An and shut the door in his face after he found out they were brothers. He was also upset and humiliated after first finding out Deok Mi was straight, refusing to play along as the fake bf in front of others for a bit. He’s also quite competitive, getting revenge and showing no mercy to his gf in Hwatu (with real hits, no kisses on the arm), and likes to tease her mercilessly at times (exaggerated story of how they met, sending her to the post office at the same time Shi An is visiting, taking off the blindfold, etc.).

 

He’s mischievous, and not a person who takes losing gracefully. He likes to win. Also, he can be short tempered, but I like how he makes up for it right away by realizing it and apologizing. He’s someone who learns from his mistakes. I just love his character. :heart:

 

Agree with the above. Ryan Gold is very much human, even if he is perfect and sexy specimen of a human being. Deokmi as an artist also had some inkling about what she saw (something that she and the world was not supposed to know). What she saw in there despite being in awe of the beauty of the art she saw in the apartment. In that room were Ryan's studio and she saw the 2 paintings of Lee Sol which Ryan had said he obtained for a client. She knew that Si An had asked to meet the client. But when she saw the painting in his Ryan's studio and she also saw the empty canvas with the falling blue line as if someone attempted to draw or paint on the canvas and then gave up. Instinctively, she knew that she stepped into a very private place that she should not have been in. Maybe if she had not been caught inside that studio, Ryan's anger would not have been that explosive. Also, after the apology while they were at DM's parents' house and in her room, Ryan had asked how she felt being unable to paint. Those may have given a very perceptive DM a clue to what led to Ryan's explosive anger. She also knows the reason they were fake dating was because Ryan was helping her diffuse the "scandal". Forgiveness was already in the cards and no reason to hold on to anger. 

 

He is competitive and likes to win. He challenged EG the judo silver medalist to a judo match just to prove a point and it was funny because EG had no clue what Ryan was talking about that the competition was to teach EG social justice and tolerance and his chagrin at himself when he realized he had made wrong assumptions. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...