Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

10 minutes ago, Giya2909 said:

I don't think he was smoking..he was holding his phone horizontally..

Oyeah now that i saw clearly lol i think ure right... 

i really want to see more BTS/ more interaction between them...

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 8:38 AM, MarJo_Lei said:

The king and queen of chemistry:kiss_wink:

pkcjbqd2ncvn.gif

d6w9khf7edba.gif

7tmrdlz4qa5g.gif

how am i suppose to not fall in love with this ?? .... the way they laugh and his heart eyes are to die for ... 

and how do i change my name on soompi ??? any one ...

On 5/29/2019 at 1:25 PM, Ondine said:

@celest1al Your post made me want to review the episode titles, so here they are for anyone else interested. :lol:

1: Do You Know What It Means to Be a Fan?
2: I'm Sorry for Acting Like I'm a Normal Person
3: Let's Be Well-Mannered
4: I Will Protect My Baby
5: A Fangirl's Eyes Are Filled with Love
6: Accident Prone Area for Fanatics
7: Fangirls Use Their Dating Fortune for More Fangirling
8: If the Sea's Job Is to Make Waves, a Fangirl's Job Is to Be Delusional
9: When you become a fan, let everyone know. When you stop being a fan, don't let anyone notice.
10: A Heart That Has Already Been Chosen
11: Have you ever been hit by reality?
12: The fact that I'm your fan means I'm on your side.
13: Always With You, Even When You're Alone
14: A Star That Shines in My Dark Heart

My favorite title is #8 (too real), and #9 is my second (relatable). :D

@taedysol In the show Eun Gi wants a romance with Deok Mi, but in real life ABH wants a bromance with KJW. :lol: Love that IG post of his!

when i rewatch i will look for how the names connect to the episodes and who wouldn't want to romance KJW ... ??

@Ameera Ali 

Spoiler

15591364611559136459.gif

its things like this that make me go .... 

Image result for is that so gif

and also consider becoming and actress, i don't want to be famous , i can be the evil two minute, cheating  ex gf that broke the ML heart .. as long as i appear in flash backs ... being lovey dovey with KJW am not even asking for kisses ...

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

So she really hasn't let Deokmi go. No wonder she hasn't posted a farewell/thank you on her ig.

I love that the cast are leaving messages to her ig. :heart:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 5

20 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

So she really hasn't let Deokmi go. No wonder she hasn't posted a farewell/thank you on her ig.

From what I understand, most K stars will post individual farewell in their personal SNS even though their respective agency already posted it. Sometimes they will re post the same video from their agency and added their personal captions OR they will personalised their own farewell, like what KJW did with Ryan character.

It's obvious that SDM has a special place in her heart that made it difficult to let go....:heart: From that IG's caption, it seems that she hasn't let SDM goes yet but she said she will??? After LA??

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, cenching said:

The bed scene even though fully clothed feels more sensual because of the scorching chemistry. The pillow talk shows depth of the relationship that rarely seen in other drama....

i know right , i got what i wanted , if fully cloth at least give me some cuddling and pillow talk to cool my aching heart ... i repeat the person who wrote this was feed up and decided it was time to rebel against some of these kdrama rules ... 

ps: don't mind me am catching up on this forum ...

@Ameera Ali

8D0A3C6D-FEAB-4FBB-B55A-C90739B36077.gif

and am answering OOH OOH OOH HONEY:wub: ... ( lets see who can run fast enough into those arms ) :phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I am seriously trying my best to cope with this emptiness without HPL. I watched KJW comeback drama after his military in 2013 (Who Are You). Gosh, his eye acting is impressive. If you have time, go and catch up. He is so good and so underrated, I hope HPL will do him justice.  

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, cenching said:

From what I understand, most K stars will post individual farewell in their personal SNS even though their respective agency already posted it. Sometimes they will re post the same video from their agency and added their personal captions OR they will personalised their own farewell, like what KJW did with Ryan character.

It's obvious that SDM has a special place in her heart that made it difficult to let go....:heart: From that IG's caption, it seems that she hasn't let SDM goes yet but she said she will??? After LA??

I'm so shocked when i read the translation. Didn't expect that she will write those captions on her ig. Looks like she wanna tell somebody that she gonna let go the character. 

I'm sure it is not easy for her to let go SDM character.. after 3 months filming lots of skinship scenes with KJW, it would be hard for her. This is the first drama that she has a lot of skinship with her co-star..  as the viewers, we also had a very hard time to forget our OTP and keep on coming back to this thread.  But for PMY, she needs to let go SDM so that she can start to select a new drama for her next project.. But I'm sure SDM will remain in her heart forever.

I feel very sorry for her....I try to understand her hard time to let go SDM..  I'm hoping she will decide what's the best for her.. 

Let's watch this MV...i can't help myself from laughing at the last part ..eekekekekek:lol:

• Like 12
  • Love 6

I’ve started my rewatch. It’s always different when you watch it again after knowing how the story will unfold. You know the characters and may even have some favourite scenes already, but the characters are just new all over again. 

Episode 1

All the main and important characters are introduced.

Ryan is painted in a particularly interesting way - he seems standoffish and arrogant right from the beginning with the way he interacts in the art circle in NYC no less though clearly he must have some good giftings in the arts cos his opinion is clearly sought after. At the same time though, the first episode also shows him to be someone who does have that softness of personality and true care for others in his response to Seonjoo’s request for his room. He really looks conflicted and truly disappointed with himself when he looks himself in the mirror and reflects on his apparent bias. 

We also meet Deokmi’s apparently nondescript family and who appears to be a twin or cousin in the person of Eungi. With the hindsight we now have of the family, it would seem everyone (Eungi included in his strive for excellence in Judo) threw themselves into an obsession of sorts really as a manner of coping with the grief that we would eventually learn about. 

Deokmi is also very blatantly taken by Ryan’s good looks in Shanghai at the auction. First signs of distractions from

Sian? 

And Sindy is immediately painted as a Sasaeng - a fangirl of a different sort, an extremist which does not have the same level of respect that a right, proper and true fan like Sinagil would have (based on the casual remarks by the other fangirls.) Sinagil is in a class of her own and takes her curating abilities into the Sian fandom too. 

Curious things that that only non-Korean English first language speakers might pick up on:

• Why hasn’t Ryan kicked his Korean accent despite fairly good English enunciation?

• Why is his psychiatrist friend practising in America but not quite speaking AmEnglish? He can’t pronounce the “r” in Ryan’s name and has to be corrected. 

Right from the start, Seonjoo is also painted as someone who doesn’t seem very invested in her marriage - she already remarks to Joohyuk that she got married only cos she was pregnant. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mmac80 said:

Its not correct translate:

Min Young said: I'm going to LA and  I'll have there nice time and let go DM and then I'll be back soon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Its not correct translate:

Min Young said: I'm going to LA and  I'll have there nice time and let go DM and then I'll be back soon.

Same essence, but thanks.

ETA:

Did anybody see this outfit on the show, or did it get cut?

iy8pD4w.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, myd8 said:

Hello all HPL lovers:love: 

Its Wednesday today, but sadly no more HPL..

Missing HPL& RG& DM like craazyy:bawling:.

The withdrawal is REAL.. I’m HPL marathoning btw.. Currently stopping at episode 11 to pull myself together..can’t help but cry along with RG..:bawling:. Literally cried 1 litre of tears here. 

I know how real the withdrawal can be. Here can only send you a virtual hug and kiss.

:kiss_wink:

4 hours ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

Thank you everyone who posted PMY's BTS pics. :wub: I don't know how else to describe how I'm feeling, she's so gorgeous it literally pișses me off. Like, how is that even possible. #@&!?@

I'm actually trying to stay away from rewatching HPL, so I can re-watch better in a few days lol. Anyone have any recommendations for a "in the meantime" drama? Lol

I just watch any ongoing dramas although they don't excite me. Other than that I watch and rewatch many Kim Jae Wook's videos: movies, dramas, musics, variety shows, fanmeeting, dvd.

And browsing more articles about Kim Jae Wook and replay Her Private Life BTS.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@cenching @bliss1004 
Is this the first time she reveals such a personel thought about her dramas' persona?

If it is, so it makes sense as you said before: She was not ready to let go DM because the character takes an important place in her mind. We could feel it in her farewell video. Being tired is obvious, but both PMY and KJW looked really sad and she even threw a quick glance on him to see how he was before standing up after taking the photo with the crew. 

I don't know if KJW feels the same about Ryan, but men's mind are  more often led by practical things than women's. He said farewell to HPL and Ryan right when the show finished. Men are too logical to distinguish between reality and delusion. Funny how HPL depicts this fact in ep9: DM wants to live more in delusion  by lengthen the fake date, and Ryan wants to end the fake one and start a real one. 

Each time I rewatch the videos of the romantic moments, I always ask myself how KJW and PMY would feel while watching them. It would be so hard for them to tell themselves: "No, this woman/man is not my lover. We were just acting". Of course they are professional actors, but to bewitch audience with their hyper real interactions just like a couple of pigeons, do their hearts flutter at all? 

My best dream right now is that KLW will knock her door and say: "I want to forget Ryan and Doekmi because they are not real. I want us to start our dating as KJW and PMY." :love:

• Like 17
  • Love 7

and am answering OOH OOH OOH HONEY:wub: ... ( lets see who can run fast enough into those arms ) :phew:

You can run fast into these arms :joy:

I can run faster than that into his delicious abs :mrgreen:

GIFMaker.org_fFlLd7.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 13

1 hour ago, JJChastity said:

I know how real the withdrawal can be. Here can only send you a virtual hug and kiss.

:kiss_wink:

I just watch any ongoing dramas although they don't excite me. Other than that I watch and rewatch many Kim Jae Wook's videos: movies, dramas, musics, variety shows, fanmeeting, dvd.

And browsing more articles about Kim Jae Wook and replay Her Private Life BTS.

so do I... :love:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

You can run fast into these arms :joy:

I can run faster than that into his delicious abs :mrgreen:

We are just vulnerable girls :tounge_xd:.  In KJW's abs we trust :phew: !
My husband used to have abs but recently he lose them after stopping running because o a knee injury. He told me now " Don't worry about my abs, I protect them under a little fat!" :joy:

• LOL 14

2 hours ago, lighthearted said:

I don't know if KJW feels the same about Ryan, but men's mind are  more often led by practical things than women's. He said farewell to HPL and Ryan right when the show finished. Men are too logical to distinguish between reality and delusion. Funny how HPL depicts this fact in ep9: DM wants to live more in delusion  by lengthen the fake date, and Ryan wants to end the fake one and start a real one.

Pretty sure Kim Jae-wook is done with being Ryan and has moved on. He's a method actor, and needs to shed his character quickly because otherwise it can be detrimental to health. Skilled actors know when to compartmentalise their acting and roles. He was exhausted at the wrap party, and I think his Instagram posts are pretty clear.

I can't speak for Park Min-young, but it seems she is ready to let go too. Maybe we should stop reading too much into their posts or we'll become like the other shipper thread.

• Like 14

I've seen it mentioned several times here, about KJW being a "method actor." Is this something he said so himself fairly recently? Does anyone have a link to such an interview? Google isn't turning anything up. :sweatingbullets:

I also would like to record my dissenting opinion on men being more practical and logical than women as a generalization. :D I think it is better to judge these things on an individual basis rather than generalizing it to the whole.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

We all love Ryan the Rom Com perfect lead guy .... he is the woke hero of romance

but I want to give credit to the unsung hero the silent friend/brother the 2nd lead who later gave up the idea of romancing Deokmi to remain the best of friends and brother= Eun Gi. 

Long ago when they were 6 or 7 years old, Deokmi had a younger brother Deoksu and Eungi the adopted child who is of the same age as Deokmi. The family picked up a little boy Heo Yeon Jae who was waiting for his mother at the playground but mom never arrived and the Sung family took Yeon Jae in. DM and Deoksu were being driven to the kindergarten when car accident occurred involving the car they were in and Deoksu died but DM lived. Deokmi and the whole family were traumatized especially Deok Mi whose mind chose to forget about the incidents. Devastated with the loss and also financially strapped DM's mom decided to leave Yeon Jae at the orphanage. After a month DM's mom went to back to take Yeon Jae but he was already adopted by American parents and brought to the US where his name was changed to Ryan Gold. Deokmi's mind protected herself by forgetting about the loss of Deoksu and Yeonjae but Eungi remembered. Eun Gi must have had a very hard time too. A 7 year old learning about death the loss of a younger brother and another young kid who lived temporarily with them who suddenly disappeared. On top of that Eun Gi was asked to keep  the death of Deoksu and loss of Yeon Jae a secret from the traumatized Deokmi because she had forgotten and Eungi took that responsibility seriously. It must have been hard for Eun Gi to understand that he can't share his pain and loss with the sister and he must have asked the adults. I have no idea what the adults told him including his mom but he must have understood that it was to protect DM so he kept the secret to himself all this time. We also learned later from their talks that EG once ran away from home because he did not want to go to school and gave up on being an athlete and told DM he was not family anyway. It was DM who looked for him and brought him back home and beat him for saying he was not family but he may have really felt that way at times.

Fast forward to the confrontation with Ryan when he said that there are things he as the closest friend of DM only knows about, he was not talking of only knowing DM's fangirling but something more personal and that he thinks could be more devastating or hurtful to DM and her love relationship if she suddenly remembers what she had forgotten. So, yes EG's behavior was not so likable and territorial but now we know why. He has held this secret to himself since he was 7 years old because he did not want to hurt his friend/sister. He said that he just realized how he felt about DM when DM started being attracted to another man. I now wonder if he mistook his concern for DM as liking her as a woman. Maybe his feelings were real but whatever unlikable behavior he did at the time trying to undermine DM's feelings for Ryan, he more than made up for it later. It was him who realized who Ryan was when he heard his Korean name is Heo Yeon Jae. He got his bio mom for support when they both told DM's parents who Ryan was. He was the one who talked and confirmed to Ryan who he was. When DM's parents finally talked to DM about Ryan and DM was upset he was the one who followed DM silently to her house and waited at the steps until the dad arrived to talk to DM and revealed and clarified evrything of what she had forgotten. DM and her mom reconciled and later she and EG had a long talk at the swing and put their relationship to where it had always been as best friends and  step siblings. I think that when he moved into DM's room when DM moved out he was trying to fulfill the obligation of the eldest son to remain in the house and take care of both bio and adoptive parents as they grow older. However, at a later talk with his mom, EG said that he was going to take out his savingsand live with mom, probably buy a place of his own? Hyeon Jae is now the elder son in law who will take the responsibility of taking care of the parents and EG concentrates of taking care of his mom. There are times when silver is more useful than gold. Here is to EG. Cheers and much of luck with Cindy.

Credits to the other characters:

As for Director EOM chaebol re: EG and Cindy, I won't be too worried about her. First of all, Cindy's second parents is also EG's adoptive parents and DM the VC Director of Cheum Museum and is Ryan the golden boy of art's fiancee who is the brother of Si An whom Director EOM is now fangirling on. I think they will all support EG and will EOM win against her daughter? DM and Seon Jo will be so surprised to learn who EG's girlfriend is. Yeah and SJ is the chaebol best friend and will support EG too and together with husband and Gun Woo. 

Curator Kyunga and Yeosup the best coworkers and subordinates and loyalty to Ryan and DM. Best ending for all.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

I've seen it mentioned several times here, about KJW being a "method actor." Is this something he said so himself fairly recently? Does anyone have a link to such an interview? Google isn't turning anything up. :sweatingbullets:

I also would like to record my dissenting opinion on men being more practical and logical than women as a generalization. :D I think it is better to judge these things on an individual basis rather than generalizing it to the whole.

It's alright and you are welcome. I know when it comes to sexist themes, things become more sensitve. I understand especially when I'm living in a world where the 3rd wave of feminisism resonates in all directions. I respect all the opinions and also consider them from my own perspectives. I don't idealise anything and keep observing things by my own eyes and say my opinions - as well as never claim that my opinions are always right. Luckily internet is not a totalitarian regime and personal views are not controlled. I also want to say that my phrase doesn't carry a negative persective towards women at all. 

• Like 2