[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

26 minutes ago, Peppyz said:

Thank you @Peppyz

I love the review but one thing I really agree with is this: 

"But I’m sad that the Deok-mi of earlier episodes, who was able to balance her fangirl life with a successful career, got so little exploration. I wanted to see her grapple with going from a fan of Shi-an to his future sister-in-law; I wanted her to at least consider using her amazing photography talent to transition to an actual artistic career. I can understand Deok-mi deciding that for her, curating art is how she fulfills her artistic vision, but I certainly wish her thought process and her inner life had been given more than a perfunctory acknowledgment."

I think that many of us HPL fans also wanted the drama to explore DM's talent as an artist which they were hinting in earlier episodes. In episode 5 at the writer's cabin where she started taking photos of Ryan and photographing Ryan at the fan meeting of Si An. When she talked about her interpretation of the photographer's "Anyeong Photograph", she spoke as an expert who was able to capture the mood or express beauty of whom or what she is photographing. They also hinted at it when Si An told Ryan that Si Na gil took the best photos of him. I wished that Ryan would have seen the photos of him taken by Deok Mi and just like how she looked at his paintings at the ending episodes with admiration and love I would have wanted to see Ryan see the photos taken by DM with an artist view, appreciation and love and encouragement. I am also a wee sad that they did not explore that. All in all it was a great rom com drama. I will always be a Ryan/Deok Mi fangirl. 

Otherwise, I had lots of fun especially with the company of this forum. Thank you all. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, niharika111 said:

I understand that its difficult for them to see PMY romance another guy.  I am not even questioning the validity of their ship.  Its quite possible that PMY is indeed dating their bias.  But why make such preposterous claims!!! If she created good chemistry with KJW despite being committed to someone else, it just shows what an amazing actress she is.  Certain members of that group are immature and salty.  To appease their minds and apprehensions, they can go to any length.

Did they forget before WWWSK PMY has super good chemistry with JCW as well in Healer?. And the OTP has a shipper too. Personally i prefer PMY-JCW chemy better than PMY-PSJ. 

The reason I avoid being a shipper and be a member in shipper thread is because this kind of salty and immature ppl. Do they have 48 hours a day to nitpick ppl and create unnecessary delulu? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Did they forget before WWWSK PMY has super good chemistry with JCW as well in Healer?. And the OTP has a shipper too. Personally i prefer PMY-JCW chemy better than PMY-PSJ. 

The reason I avoid being a shipper and be a member in shipper thread is because this kind of salty and immature ppl. Do they have 48 hours a day to nitpick ppl and create unnecessary delulu? 

You so right, some comments not fun but dirty and stupid , I understand that they immature but come on have some respect to them.

4 hours ago, orion00 said:

Please enjoy this drama as is it and please do not carried away to much by their own private life. In the end, PMY and KJW are human too. From episode 16 at the last scene (the kiss scene), one can noticed KJW has very tired eyes and still give their best to pull out the scene that makes all of us happy. They might also have withdrawals syndrome but of course there are professional so they can move on to another project. I’m so pleased see PMY taking this project after WWWSK after very rumours with her co-stars (I’m fan of that drama too) and I really like to see them succeed rather than crying because of bad scandal. Men suffer less than women from bad rumour and we can see how many actress suffers from depression due to many reasons. Like I said before, they are human after all. 

Yes this time PMY's IG is so calm place and i enjoy read what people said there but last year it was so mess.

PMY's sister  even leaved a comment there said " Dont mind this people didnt know anything' and they start delete shippers comment

so you may see what the mess it was and stress for the actress. And for that reason I'm so thankful  HPL's fans  

• Like 10

8 hours ago, niharika111 said:

Yes she said that in her farewell video.  When WWWSK ended (I remember because I followed that drama as well), PMY uploaded not only her own pic, but also one with the ML and the PD as a fare well message, and she did say how she was so happy while shooting the drama because the atmosphere in the set was very congenial.  In contrast, here she did not post one pic as a farewell greeting, and even looked kind of unenthusiastic (to me) in the farewell video.  

I know its silly to compare, but I am stating what I noticed.  I am not saying it means anything, but the observation is not completely incorrect.

No comparison needed. We don't need to know whether or not they are besties, lovers, enemies in real life since that's their lives. The show was great and their chemistry was extraordinary and most of us in this forum enjoyed very much. The message in this show was positive and for the most part it made me laughed and forgot about my own life and worries.  The BTS clips made me smile like a crazy person. Lets continue to support both PMY+KJW in their future projects. 

• Like 8

Lol...Am loving  the fan art... especially the conversion of the wall. Fake date scene ... thirst is real for season 2.

RG attacked by baby labbits:wub:

Just read the dramabeans recap... always insightful and they put into words the discomfort I felt regarding the plotline in the 2nd half so well and yet give credit to the incredible draw of the OTP. 

Was a little sad that they didn't pick it up as one of the dramas that they routinely recap but this does give them a broader perspective as mentioned. 

Really. Looking forward to their future works...

Kjw the man n his persona is also so unlike the usual k drama star.. 

He really pursues what he loves and that in itself is a lesson   to really live the best life one can have on ones on terms

• Like 8

it's been a while i didn't update my youtube channel..it took me a few days to cut all KJW laughing scenes and compiled it to this precious video..

Too bad i couldn't find a raw video for the Viki interview so i didn't include his laughter from that interview :mellow:

Watching this video makes me smile and wanna laugh too. I'm glad to put all his laughing bts from HPL into this video :lol:

KIM JAE WOOK'S LAUGHTER IS MY WELFARE

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

HPL made me a big fan of PMY and KJW .

they are both very talented from head to toe ...

I always watched PMY dramas and also KJW dramas ... and I know they are very talented artists ..
in the past, I only used to watch their dramas or movies but never trying to found out about them, 
but after HPL, I started to search more information about them, 
watch their videos on YouTube and I fell in love with them 

very talented, smart, good speaker, laugh a lot, give positive energy to others,  
mastering many foreign language (english, japanese, mandarin), good dancer, A rockstar, playing piano,
drum, guitar..

Once you fall in love with them, there is no way out... you got trap in their charm...

I hope the best for both of them ... whether in career or personal life ...

they are good people..  

• Like 14

4 hours ago, zenya22 said:

"But I’m sad that the Deok-mi of earlier episodes, who was able to balance her fangirl life with a successful career, got so little exploration. I wanted to see her grapple with going from a fan of Shi-an to his future sister-in-law; I wanted her to at least consider using her amazing photography talent to transition to an actual artistic career. I can understand Deok-mi deciding that for her, curating art is how she fulfills her artistic vision, but I certainly wish her thought process and her inner life had been given more than a perfunctory acknowledgment."

Another thought to this, if DM does becomes a photography artist, what would be her genre of line of photography, Idols? :sweat_smile: that would not be likely. Fan-girling is her hobby, taking nice pic and caricature for her favourite idol is her hobby.

I find it great that the writer wrote it that galley curator is also an artist, which she took pride in recognising the artwork of the artist, finding nice spots to hang them up to exude the beauty of the art pieces. Although, we do dream of what we want, but with limitation in our skill set compared to others, we may end up in areas that are close to our dream, and performed them well with pride.

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, SGahjumma said:

Another thought to this, if DM does becomes a photography artist, what would be her genre of line of photography, Idols? :sweat_smile: that would not be likely. Fan-girling is her hobby, taking nice pic and caricature for her favourite idol is her hobby.

I find it great that the writer wrote it that galley curator is also an artist, which she took pride in recognising the artwork of the artist, finding nice spots to hang them up to exude the beauty of the art pieces. Although, we do dream of what we want, but with limitation in our skill set compared to others, we may end up in areas that are close to our dream, and performed them well with pride.

I agree, the story that Deok Me continue as a curator then art galery director is more realistic. There is an acclaimed art institute in my country, that haves alumnus that became famous artist in my country. But one of the professor in that art institute said that art institute won't produce any artists, only produce scholars with sufficient knowledge of art. If somebody want to be an artist, she/he must do art themself (keep on creating and exhibiting art). Mastery of art skill, could it be drawing, painting, photograpy make you a good artisan. To be considered an artist one must be able to convey an original ideas, evoke emotions to create something original. Going to acclaimed art school abroad actually won't guarantee that a person can be an artist. But to be able to live in an environment who value art with many art galleries is conducive for artists coz there are more opportunities.

Failed to go study abroad was not the only factor that made DM did not become an artist. She could always try to pursue as an artist in Seoul. I think she gived up art more due to her family financial situation (art material is not cheap) and her wrist condition. I think she is okay with that, she still loves art and has career in art industry. Offer from Mono Art was a recognition of her skill as curator. So having her suddenly became a photography artist might not be too realistic.

I think HPL did a great job to potray a glimpse of curator as a profession. The success of an exhibition is a fruit of curator labour of love. HPL also featured other art profession such as Art Gallery Director, Art Magazine Journalist and Art Restorer.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4

Some more validation for PMY and Her Private Life (take that bashers:glasses:!)

Translated by miliafav from Instagram

Based on the statistics compiled by the Smart Media rep (SMR), which distributes clips from major broadcasting companies such as terrestrial, General Service Program Provider channels, and CJ ENM on various online platforms, it was tvN's series “Her Private Life” that recorded the highest number of episodes replays in the recent series. The chemistry between the main characters Park Min-young and Kim Jae-wook was very high. The two were even named the "Lion + Rabbit" and were loved by viewers. Initially, it made the hearts of viewers on fire with fake relationships that are more exciting than the real ones, and when the real love affair began, they showed the steamy love of grown-ups and expressed their excitement, comfort and emotion to the viewers. 

According to the statistics compiled by SMR with its own statistical system analysis, ‘Her Private Life’ is currently recording an average of about 2.54 million replays per episode, dominating the numbers of viewers for romance drama. On the other hand, new tvN ‘Abyss’ starring Park bo-Young and Ahn Hyo-seop with an average 700,000 replays per episode. 

Meanwhile for the top clips for each drama, clips for love scene between couple in ‘Her Private Life’ by far have the highest number of hits. 

Rough and literal translation. May contain inaccuracies. 

Excerpt from https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=001&aid=0010856396 and post by PMY-dc gallery.

• Like 9
  • Love 7

Hello friends, I am still going through withdrawal and it is bad! After reading several posts in our thread about people comparing this drama to PMY’s previous projects and making immature, unnecessary comments, I feel the need of writing this post. I’ve been a Kdrama fan for over a decade (probably even longer than that) and I’m also a hardcore rom com fan. In fact I can be very picky about certain dramas because I do judge people on their acting skills and their chemistry level. If a drama doesn’t do it for me, I usually would stop watching, simple as that, but never make a mean comment. If it doesn’t keep me interested, it doesn’t mean it does the same to other people. This drama tho! It’s another refreshing level of drama for me! Like I said in my first post in this thread, it made me go crazy that I actually had to sign in to join the discussion. I think it was the very first Korean rom com that didn’t follow the norms that we all usually would expect in a typical rom com. Not only I like our couple for their visual compatibility, the chemistry is really something that makes my heart flutter and this hadn’t happened in such a longtime until HPL. The fact that it makes me wanna rewatch all the episodes says a lot about it. Some comments are not only mean but very ignorant and almost like in denial. Like come on, you can’t tell us, we as long time experienced K-drama watchers, that you don’t see what we see unless you refuse to see it. It’s simply called great acting and excellent delivery. They got so immersed into their characters that they made it look so real. As much as I hope for them to be real,  I do respect their feelings and personal lives after the project was over. I think we, as fans, should really set our limit for our favorite actors and actresses. Everyone has their own bias. At the end of the day, they are humans too and deserve their own personal space. Let’s just support them and give them blessings for their next future projects! That’s what a good fan should do! No more spreading negativity! Let’s make our community a healthy place for discussions! 

• Like 18
  • Love 5

27 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

Some more validation for PMY and Her Private Life (take that bashers:glasses:!)

Much appreciated you sharing this, my tears coming out when I read it.  I'm quite upset these few days, withdrawal symptom???? Plus I knew some of the shippers spreading out: most of the Min Young's loyal fans don't like HPL. Yes, some of her fans don't like it because they think it's too confused esp at the last few EPs becoming "His (Ryan's) private life", and think that both the script & director skill are not good enough. Some of them ticked "Dislike" & don't want the Director Cut Blue ray DVDs to be released.  I cannot force everyone like this drama which I love it so much. And I know that maybe quite a number of fans do it, it doesn’t represent most of her Fans dislike HPL. Yes I agree the script can be arranged much more better, eg. putting Ryan's childhood line in the middle & can be paralleled with other stories. But MY’s fans didn’t blame/ bad month to HPL, they love & respect her as normal as they can.

So when I know many reviewers keep re-watching HPL, I feel SoSoSo happy about this.

I heard that the production team may not release HPL’s Director’s Cut DVDs, but I’m not a Korean therefore I just get to know it from different Forums/ Fan’s mentioned. I pray with my wholly heart that HPL’s Director’s Cut will have chance to be released/ production team will change their mind if they know many Int'l fans are crazy about it (I knew that China/ Taiwan Fans love HPL so much, a big Taiwan organizer has contacted KJW's agent discussing the Fan Meeting at Taiwan & waiting for confirmation. I hope MY & KJW will come to my hometown too, otherwise maybe I can travel to Taiwan for my 1st Fan Meeting of KJW???). I registered several times (for Director DVD) with my husband & several friends’ email accounts two weeks ago, hope my dream will come true.

Waiting for MY’s IG showing the pictures of travelling [don’t be work hard, please, please take some break!!!] I wish she can take a good rest/ freely enjoy herself without public’s camera after her great job.

Thanks everyone, really enjoy this healthy & lovable Forum.  

• Like 9
  • Love 5

On 6/2/2019 at 6:44 AM, liltash85 said:

@Airpork those who said that this drama is really relying on skinship too much just having problem with the drama success or don't like the PMY-KJW pairing. TBVH, skinship in HPL is consider the mild ones. Some other dramas has more crazier skinship and too much PDA until you feel illogical to behave like that in public. HPL skinship to me is suitable for the situation they are. for example Ryan and DM did not kiss too much in public, normally they will just have sweet pecks and holding hands. They only kiss at private places when the two of them alone. 

so to say this drama rely on skinship only is ridiculuos.

True! Our lead couple has been the perfect model of propriety and any displays of affection from them were done privately and at the most appropriate times.  They actually behave like your typical couple in our world. In fact, i wished there were more skinship scenes in the bedroom :phew: but instead we got bedroom scenes wherein our Labbit couple are fully clothed! :P 

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

3 hours ago, SGahjumma said:

For me photography was more than a hobby for her, It was a passion and she was more of a proffesional photographer. Yes curating is also an art and I am just saying, it would have been nice for the story to include and explore Deok Mi's choices in fairness to DM. But that is just how I feel and am agreeing to the article posted. Regardless the drama is excellent and I enjoyed it very much. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, extrodinairey said:

Just saw the slow-mo video of the under the cover scene. That is what I call pure dedication :joy:

My monday blues is now replaced with STS

Can you please repost it in here? It will  make  my Monday blessing :rolleyes:

• Like 1