[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Liked 16 more than 15. Mostly for the fact that Ryan finally went back to New York and made a spectacular comeback. I'm so relieved, because he has a thriving career waiting for him in New York, and he just needed to be there again. I liked that Deok-mi helped him make that decision, showing her confidence in him as an artist. I like that in this case, she put Ryan's interests as priority, and even told him straight that she worried he wasn't going back because of her. The honesty between them is lovely to see.

The ending kiss at the alley was sweet and I like the reversal. Their foreplay at the start was adorable, and I like how they talk about art when they are together. I thought the proposal was a bit rushed, but liked that there was no big wedding immediately after, and that they didn't rush into kids. Cuz, y'know, Ryan Gold needs to wow the world again, and he did.

Kim Jae-wook was visibly exhausted throughout episode 16. I feel for him.

Overall, an enjoyable show with lots of great kissing and chemistry, and wonderful acting from the leads. So happy that Kim Jae-wook's first leading role turned out reasonably well, and he gained new fans in the process. Thanks everyone for all the chats, photos, BTS videos and stuff! :wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

Finally watched the last episode!

Cuteness overload really! The parallels. The PARALLELS AND THE DETAILS ARE EVERYTHING! I went and made a big list of every single parallel/detail in the last episode, as a way of saying goodbye to the drama. That's how I fangirl.

1. "His/Her's beauty is out of the world, so it is hard to capture it." - DM for  Si An vs RG for DM.

2. Eom fangirling over Si An when she hated her daughter for it. Crazy development!

3. The way DM's contribution is acknowledged by RG in the morning - stark contrast to how Eom/the guest dismissed her work during the first ep!

4. Taking photo of Si An with his nearest and dearest, vs. taking photo of Si An from a distance using telescopic lens!

5. Fangirling over videos of Si An in the cafe to fangirling over actual Si An right in front of them!

6. DM's mom waited all night at the playground to meet RG's mom and they are finally having a conversation in the temple.

7. "I think she's asking about your birthday" DM said about their mothers vs that for marital compatibility that DM's mom pestered her for and she told RG!

8. DM's dad started his hobby of collecting stones after he lost his son. RG's mom stopped painting after she lost her son.

9. DM asked him to read up on his Korean when he didn't get her sarcasm(that yeah, as if he'd refrain from drinking) when she sarcastically said "of course you do". He teased her by saying that when she said she looked good in yellow!

10. The bridal style picking up and putting to bed, was in contrast to how she brought him home when he had drunk a lot in the first staff dinner.

11. Ryan not shaking hands with anyone, but readily doing so with DI(he got over his trauma of cold hands).

12. DM's promotion got replaced by RG coming from USA and now she's getting a chance to work in USA.

13. RG being horrified by her terrible taste(when she tried to get LS painting from him in the China auction) vs. him completely trusting her taste right now and coming out of retirement.

14. Eom making RG director to RG making Eom director. It's hilarious.

15. DM sneaking as SJ's husband to see her during childbirth vs the lesbian couple RG imagined them to be + cross dressed RG playing Latte.

16. THE KISS THE WALL KISS. DM was glowing. I love this so much. I can't breathe. That parallel with 'do you want me', and then that kiss. Dead, deceased and buried.

2 hours ago, Ramenqueen19 said:

Love this list!! Adding one more 

17. RG and DM playfully smearing chalk pain on each other face when younger w. Playing with flour when making food

18. DM saying RG face is her canvas to paint w. Her applying lipstick by kissing him! 

19. HJ told her mom she has no other wish if she died now, the exact line DM said after meeting SA in person

I like this list as well. So well thought of.

If I may add, the part where DM was trying to learn more about Ryan as an artist by researching on the art scene from where he came from parallels the time where Ryan signed up on the fan cafe to learn more about DM as a fan/SNG.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

tumblr_psbduxs2ZY1v4yh6eo7_400.giftumblr_psbduxs2ZY1v4yh6eo6_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_psbduxs2ZY1v4yh6eo1_400.giftumblr_psbduxs2ZY1v4yh6eo4_400.gif

tumblr_psbduxs2ZY1v4yh6eo2_400.giftumblr_psbduxs2ZY1v4yh6eo5_400.gif

ep 4 vs ep 16

tumblr_psckbf6pL61qkgj9mo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_psckbf6pL61qkgj9mo3_r1_400.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1327563wpp/7-k-drama-male-leads-who-know-how-to-say-theyre-sorry

7 K-Drama Male Leads Who Know How To Say They’re Sorry

May 30, 2019
by Azra_A

When you’ve been watching K-dramas for a while, there are certain characteristics you come to expect from your male lead. Obviously, he has to be hot; that’s the law. It’s also pretty likely he will be rich. If he’s not rich, he’s probably talented at something — we’re talking genius level talent here. And if he’s hot, rich and/or talented, he’s almost certainly going to be full of himself!

In a world full of smarmy, charming flower boys who get away with murder, sometimes we just long for a man who can own his wrongdoings and humbly apologize for them. Y’know, an actual adult who can learn from his mistakes and sincerely change his ways. These unicorns do exist in Dramaland! You just have to know where to look for them. Here’s our pick of the ones who make us swoon when they say that magic word: “sorry.”

Warning: spoilers ahead!

1. Ryan Gold – “Her Private Life

Oh, Lion. Not only do you have great taste in suits and practically perfect cheekbones, but you are also the epitome of #boyfriendgoals. We can understand why Ryan (Kim Jae Wook) got upset when Duk Mi (Park Min Young) poked around his apartment uninvited. She didn’t mean any harm, but she unwittingly got close to the core of his deepest issues, which would freak anybody out.

Spoiler

kim-jae-wook-her-private-life.jpg

But after Ryan blows up, it takes about three seconds for him to realize he was wrong. He knows immediately that he was taking it out on Duk Mi when she didn’t deserve it. Some male leads might mumble an apology when they’re both back at the office, but not Ryan. He starts running like a crazy person and doesn’t stop until he finds Duk Mi and makes it right. The (almost) kiss that follows is the icing on the cake.

• Like 17

I’m waiting to watch ep 16 tonight and I want to cry because my favourite k-drama is come to the end. KJW is right, he said your heart will flutter when the reporter ask him about this drama during one of the press conference and he also said ‘we fall in love’ (I know he is referring to RG-DK) but I can’t help it when he said it. How true what he said! Our heart flutter and they in love until the end of the drama! 

• Like 12

Done watching the finale....:glasses: HPL isn't a perfect drama, there are many cliche and weird moments (Well, as most dramas had) BUT all the casts ESPECIALLY the leads delivered extremely well. The proposal scene showed the level of depth the leads got into the characters. KJW/RG was obviously super nervous like any real life BF with proposal in mind and PMY/SDM was literally speechless overwhelmed by emotions exactly the GF being proposed would be. It was portrayed realistically without much cheesy fanfares drum rolls or fireworks like the usual romcom. Their level of trust, comfort and chemistry were phenomenal, the best I saw so far in K drama land.The sexy scenes were incredible realistic and they portrayed it in such ways that I am convinced they enjoyed it very much just like a real life couple would be....:love: KJW and PMY didn't need to striped down to showed sexiness. They are the epitome of SEXY. I would love to see them working together again in the future but maybe not romcom. They made each other shine brighter....

I would say the finale episode touched me the most. Love all the meaningful conversations between Mommies. No nonsensical empty talks between the love birds. The conversation showed what Ryan said before that they were well educated adults, adults who knows how to do the trade talks and at the same time weaved the love convos seamlessly. Adults who know and understand the needs and feeling of their SO without being spells out loudly by the SO. It's shows what is love all about, to accept the strengths and the weaknesses of someone you love.

The last fan service scene was beautifully done despite the obvious exhausted conditions of our love birds. I read in IG that PMY hadn't sleep for 4 days, I am sure KJW also the same and the rest of the crews.That's explain KJW's half conscious state and PMY's panda eyes. I hope now they can sleep for 24 hours straight to charges back....

Lastly, see you again guys in another thread.....:kiss_wink: Thank you very much for all of the lovely recappers that had sacrificed their time for our pleasure here....:kiss_wink: You are the best!!! :kiss_wink:

• Like 9
  • Love 8