Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

Aww..the preview is out! Seeing from their outfit I think the lovey dovey scene happen next morning? :D

Preview mostly misleading but I have faith in writer nim she wont drag the DM omma problem long or make them breakup. Maybe this time for DM to have personal time & space just like RG. So please writer nim, it's rom com not some makjang melodrama

My best guess for the finale is they have art exhibition together or watching SA concert :D. Umm..but I wouldnt mind if they show us fast forward scene to their marriage life with kids :wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I don't see  any reason/point that our couple will  break up with 2 episopes left:huh: they gone thru difficulties  already and with their possitive out look in life they will try to overcome/solve the problem including what  DM mom situation.

------------

marriage couple vibe:wub:

m30loU.gif

Ryan trying to put lipstick on Deokmi lips is :heart:

q5gmm8.gif

Ryan Gold really looks  cute lion here:D

tV9qg1.gif

-------------

Spoiler

7KxahL.gif

++++

8 Reasons Why Kim Jae Wook From “Her Private Life” Is The Perfect K-Drama Boyfriend

May 27, 2019

After making our hearts flutter and also giving us laughs and tears, “Her Private Life” is coming to an end, but Ryan Gold is the gift that keeps on giving. Kim Jae Wook, who plays this unforgettable character, is known for doing mostly serious and mysterious roles, but this time he’s taken on a lighter yet charismatic role — and viewers can’t get enough! He continues to enchant us with his superb acting and his undeniable chemistry with Park Min Young (Sung Duk Mi), which makes us believe that he just might be one of the most perfect K-drama leads. Here are eight reasons why:

He’s got an amazing sense of style. And great hair.

Spoiler

Kim-Jae-Wook3.jpg

But besides his trendy outfits, his soft wavy hair adds to his charm. Kim Jae Wook, after all, always had great hair and first made us swoon with his signature long hair and man bun when he first burst into the scene.

He’s a hopeless romantic.

Does anyone else feel all the feels when he looks at or kisses Duk Mi? As he falls deeper and deeper in love with her, Ryan is not afraid to show it through his long, loving stares. It is sure to make anyone’s heart melt! We don’t even have to go into detail about the way he kisses her because he’s sweet, romantic, intense, and captivating!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1327248wpp/8-reasons-why-kim-jae-wook-from-her-private-life-is-the-perfect-k-drama-boyfriend

• Like 16
  • Love 1

After i said they not going to break up. Why i feel dou t, when i see Ryan is trembling in preview  :tears:

I trully wish the ending that they start a family, and have kids....:tears:

• Like 5

@Ameera Ali

Lion has been blocking his childhood memory because of abandonment trauma. After his mommy issues resolved, all of the blocked memories coming back slowly one by one. I think his reaction on his own bed is cause by his sudden realization of his real abandonment by DM’s mother and his childhood memory with DM and EG is flooding back the reason he seeks out EG in the next scene where EG greeting him with his Korean name.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

OMO OMO the 2nd gif giving me heart attack :love:

Sorry , I offer you a drink  :joy:

E0BDCC3A-CCBC-4C90-86A5-019968D9106D.gif

we will need it ,when the drama finish , start missing our lion :mrgreen:

@cenching now u spoiled my dream , you give  me abandonment trauma :joy:

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

You know... If KJW made a lead, the second lead wont catch your attention and has no chance at all. If KJW made the second lead, you will feel sorry for him and wish he get the girl. He would leave a high standard as how no one can forget the strong impression of him being a sadist and charismatic serial killer and being an exorcist priest, others will keep being compared to him.

Anyway, I love PMY. She's so cute as fangirl and so elegant as professional curator.

Romance is not my cup of tea tbh, but this drama is less drama haha. So I like to follow it. All the fluff interactions make my wife goe awwww and want to do or treat me the same haha. We both watch it via TVN Asia as I subscribe cable TV.

• Like 15
  • Love 2

Unless the drama doesnt want to sell overseas, i highly doubt its gonna have a bad (break up) ending.

Im sure DM and family feel bad for abandoning Ryan when he was young. DM's family are hard up on cash with her father's business failing. Its only right DM's mom she gave him to the orphanage... and Ryan turned out all right, all handsome and coming back to be with DM again... haha.. (though seriously, i don't like drama with childhood friendship as if at young age, we know what is love. Gosh, i don't even remember my friends when i was 5 or 7 years old, since I've move away from the old town). 

I don't mind stories on 2nd chance at love, ie, something like Taiwan's Autumn Concerto/Fated to Love You, but definitely NOT kids love when they were young... Peaceeeee....

ok i cant help but see how fast KJW's IG is gaining a lot of followers, in just a day, an increase  of 90k followers since yesterday to 724.8k followers, will he get 1 million this week? :D

• Like 12

5 hours ago, liltash85 said:

is it just me but I think KJW is getting more handsome each day... 

Yes!!!! I watched voice and I didn't feel the same. It's the long curly hair!!!

• Like 3

I have a question for anyone fluent in Korean. I'm currently rewatching (yeah yeah I know lol) and noticed that sometimes, DM's name is pronounced as Dong Mi (rhymes with "song"), while sometimes it's pronounced as Dok Mi (rhymes with luck, but with a shorter K sound). Any idea why this is so? 

And I just read this glossary of fangirling terms, is Sung Deok Mi's name some kind of a pun on a fan girl? That's clever and hilarious. Lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

I have a question for anyone fluent in Korean. I'm currently rewatching (yeah yeah I know lol) and noticed that sometimes, DM's name is pronounced as Dong Mi (rhymes with "song"), while sometimes it's pronounced as Dok Mi (rhymes with luck, but with a shorter K sound). Any idea why this is so? 

And I just read this glossary of fangirling terms, is Sung Deok Mi's name some kind of a pun on a fan girl? That's clever and hilarious. Lol

It's actually for the convenience for Koreans to pronounce easily. Doesn't sound awkward. If were to pronounce exactly as Deok Mi, it doesn't sound natural. 

• Like 5

@sillygalWait, so Dok Mi is actually the correct pronunciation? Imagine that, lol. You learn something new every day. Is this some kind of unwritten rule in the Korean language? That you can switch a difficult, awkward sound with the "ng" sound? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@sillygalWait, so Dok Mi is actually the correct pronunciation? Imagine that, lol. You learn something new every day. Is this some kind of unwritten rule in the Korean language? That you can switch a difficult, awkward sound with the "ng" sound? 

According to the Korean spelling, if people were to pronounce, it will be 'Dok Mi'. It's actually up to individual for Koreans to pronounce, so sometimes you will get confuse with them pronouncing 2 different names. There are many Korean words that will be pronounce slightly different. I wouldn't say it's kind of unwritten rule in Korean Language, it's only for certain words that are meant to be pronounce like this so that it doesn't sound unnatural. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Looks like RG will come to the rescue since DM looks like she might go down the noble idiocy route briefly...seems he’s telling her that if she does whatever...it’ll be harder for him...

all I want is that they don’t take too Long with it and give us as much fluff as possible... sorry not sorry...

• Like 6

@sillygal Ah understood. Thanks for humoring my curiosity. :) The reason I'm asking, is because I'm actually doing this weird thing right now, I have 2 existing subtitle sets for my HPL episodes. First is I think Viu subs, which flow better and sound more conversational in English, but some meaning and context are lost. The other is from a different source, which translates more literally, sound awkward sometimes, but keeps the context and meaning. I'm editing the Viu subs for myself, and adding some meaning lost from the translation by cross-checking with the other sub.

One edit I'm doing is for "saja seki". The Viu sub only translates it as "that jerk". I just recently learned that "saja" is lion. So the more correct term would be "Lion jerk". In my re-watch, DM already calls RG as saja seki since episode 2, which is why she had the mischievous grin in episode 10 when Ryan asked her to call him a more comfortable nickname. On my initial watch, I did not catch this translation and thus, some meaning and enjoyment over the scene is lost. Now I'm editing all instances of "saja seki" I encounter in the sub into "Lion jerk".

Why am I doing this? I dunno. Lol. Its for my personal copy only so I'm not even sure why I'm hellbent on getting a better translation lmao. 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

It's actually rules of hangeul pronunciation. K/g meet m will pronounce as "ng"  same as b/p meet n will sound like "m" (that's why we say kamsahamnida but it written kamsahapnida) cmiiw

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

Yes it is a pronunciation rule, there are several but I won’t get into that.

Deokmi is spelled like 덕미. When you have a ㄱ+ㅁ together you are going to get that “ng” sound. 

I’m not sure if it was intentional but 성공한 덕후 (successful fangirl) is shortened to 성덕 or Sung Deok and does kind of imply to Deokmi. lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

“Her Private Life” Cast Shows Close Bond Behind The Scenes

“Her Private Life” Cast Shows Close Bond Behind The Scenes

May 28, 2019
by L. Kim

With only two episodes left to go, tvN’s “Her Private Life” has unveiled a new behind-the-scenes glimpse of its stars on set!

“Her Private Life,” which has attracted a great deal of attention from the first week of its run, is proving to be one of the hottest dramas of the first half of the year. According to Good Data Corporation, “Her Private Life” topped their list of most buzzworthy dramas for three consecutive weeks, and both Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young topped the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members for two consecutive weeks.

On May 27, the drama released new behind-the-scenes stills of its cast, including the two lead actors. Even during rehearsal, the two stars hold hands and boast a strong chemistry, with Park Min Young smiling as Kim Jae Wook gazes tenderly in her direction.

Park Min Young and Park Jin Joo also show realistic chemistry as best friends in the drama, and one of the photos shows the actresses taking a selfie on set with bright smiles.

The cast and crew also held a surprise birthday party for director Hong Jong Chan, and Kim Jae Wook, Park Min Young, and Ahn Bo Hyun took a picture with him to commemorate the special day.

Her-Private-Life15.jpgHer-Private-Life-25.jpg

Another still features a pair that have never been seen together in the drama: Kim Jae Wook and Jung Si Yul. In the photo, Kim Jae Wook has his arms around the child actor and can’t seem to take his eyes off of him.

In yet another photo, Kim Jae Wook and Ahn Bo Hyun, who play rivals fighting for Park Min Young’s heart in the drama, show off an unexpected camaraderie as they sit next to each other in their judo uniforms.

Her-Private-Life-36.jpgHer-Private-Life-43.jpg

In addition, the “Cheum Museum” family members (Kim Bo Ra, Seo Ye Hwa, and Jung Won Chang), as well as Kim Mi Kyung and Maeng Sang Hoon (who play Park Min Young’s parents in the drama) give a glimpse of the warm atmosphere on set by showing off their cheerful teamwork.

Her-Private-Life-52.jpgHer-Private-Life-6.jpgHer-Private-Life-7.jpg

The production crew commented, “The laughter on set never ends. The cast and crew are working together to make sure this drama will be remembered as one full of romantic excitement and touching emotions. Please enjoy ‘Her Private Life’ together with us up until the end.”

“Her Private Life” airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already seen it, you can watch the latest episode below!

• Like 17