[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

You know... If KJW made a lead, the second lead wont catch your attention and has no chance at all. If KJW made the second lead, you will feel sorry for him and wish he get the girl. He would leave a high standard as how no one can forget the strong impression of him being a sadist and charismatic serial killer and being an exorcist priest, others will keep being compared to him.

Anyway, I love PMY. She's so cute as fangirl and so elegant as professional curator.

Romance is not my cup of tea tbh, but this drama is less drama haha. So I like to follow it. All the fluff interactions make my wife goe awwww and want to do or treat me the same haha. We both watch it via TVN Asia as I subscribe cable TV.

• Like 15
  • Love 2

Unless the drama doesnt want to sell overseas, i highly doubt its gonna have a bad (break up) ending.

Im sure DM and family feel bad for abandoning Ryan when he was young. DM's family are hard up on cash with her father's business failing. Its only right DM's mom she gave him to the orphanage... and Ryan turned out all right, all handsome and coming back to be with DM again... haha.. (though seriously, i don't like drama with childhood friendship as if at young age, we know what is love. Gosh, i don't even remember my friends when i was 5 or 7 years old, since I've move away from the old town). 

I don't mind stories on 2nd chance at love, ie, something like Taiwan's Autumn Concerto/Fated to Love You, but definitely NOT kids love when they were young... Peaceeeee....

ok i cant help but see how fast KJW's IG is gaining a lot of followers, in just a day, an increase  of 90k followers since yesterday to 724.8k followers, will he get 1 million this week? :D

• Like 12

I have a question for anyone fluent in Korean. I'm currently rewatching (yeah yeah I know lol) and noticed that sometimes, DM's name is pronounced as Dong Mi (rhymes with "song"), while sometimes it's pronounced as Dok Mi (rhymes with luck, but with a shorter K sound). Any idea why this is so? 

And I just read this glossary of fangirling terms, is Sung Deok Mi's name some kind of a pun on a fan girl? That's clever and hilarious. Lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

I have a question for anyone fluent in Korean. I'm currently rewatching (yeah yeah I know lol) and noticed that sometimes, DM's name is pronounced as Dong Mi (rhymes with "song"), while sometimes it's pronounced as Dok Mi (rhymes with luck, but with a shorter K sound). Any idea why this is so? 

And I just read this glossary of fangirling terms, is Sung Deok Mi's name some kind of a pun on a fan girl? That's clever and hilarious. Lol

It's actually for the convenience for Koreans to pronounce easily. Doesn't sound awkward. If were to pronounce exactly as Deok Mi, it doesn't sound natural. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@sillygalWait, so Dok Mi is actually the correct pronunciation? Imagine that, lol. You learn something new every day. Is this some kind of unwritten rule in the Korean language? That you can switch a difficult, awkward sound with the "ng" sound? 

According to the Korean spelling, if people were to pronounce, it will be 'Dok Mi'. It's actually up to individual for Koreans to pronounce, so sometimes you will get confuse with them pronouncing 2 different names. There are many Korean words that will be pronounce slightly different. I wouldn't say it's kind of unwritten rule in Korean Language, it's only for certain words that are meant to be pronounce like this so that it doesn't sound unnatural. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Looks like RG will come to the rescue since DM looks like she might go down the noble idiocy route briefly...seems he’s telling her that if she does whatever...it’ll be harder for him...

all I want is that they don’t take too Long with it and give us as much fluff as possible... sorry not sorry...

• Like 6

@sillygal Ah understood. Thanks for humoring my curiosity. :) The reason I'm asking, is because I'm actually doing this weird thing right now, I have 2 existing subtitle sets for my HPL episodes. First is I think Viu subs, which flow better and sound more conversational in English, but some meaning and context are lost. The other is from a different source, which translates more literally, sound awkward sometimes, but keeps the context and meaning. I'm editing the Viu subs for myself, and adding some meaning lost from the translation by cross-checking with the other sub.

One edit I'm doing is for "saja seki". The Viu sub only translates it as "that jerk". I just recently learned that "saja" is lion. So the more correct term would be "Lion jerk". In my re-watch, DM already calls RG as saja seki since episode 2, which is why she had the mischievous grin in episode 10 when Ryan asked her to call him a more comfortable nickname. On my initial watch, I did not catch this translation and thus, some meaning and enjoyment over the scene is lost. Now I'm editing all instances of "saja seki" I encounter in the sub into "Lion jerk".

Why am I doing this? I dunno. Lol. Its for my personal copy only so I'm not even sure why I'm hellbent on getting a better translation lmao. 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

It's actually rules of hangeul pronunciation. K/g meet m will pronounce as "ng"  same as b/p meet n will sound like "m" (that's why we say kamsahamnida but it written kamsahapnida) cmiiw

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

Yes it is a pronunciation rule, there are several but I won’t get into that.

Deokmi is spelled like 덕미. When you have a ㄱ+ㅁ together you are going to get that “ng” sound. 

I’m not sure if it was intentional but 성공한 덕후 (successful fangirl) is shortened to 성덕 or Sung Deok and does kind of imply to Deokmi. lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

“Her Private Life” Cast Shows Close Bond Behind The Scenes

“Her Private Life” Cast Shows Close Bond Behind The Scenes

May 28, 2019
by L. Kim

With only two episodes left to go, tvN’s “Her Private Life” has unveiled a new behind-the-scenes glimpse of its stars on set!

“Her Private Life,” which has attracted a great deal of attention from the first week of its run, is proving to be one of the hottest dramas of the first half of the year. According to Good Data Corporation, “Her Private Life” topped their list of most buzzworthy dramas for three consecutive weeks, and both Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young topped the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members for two consecutive weeks.

On May 27, the drama released new behind-the-scenes stills of its cast, including the two lead actors. Even during rehearsal, the two stars hold hands and boast a strong chemistry, with Park Min Young smiling as Kim Jae Wook gazes tenderly in her direction.

Park Min Young and Park Jin Joo also show realistic chemistry as best friends in the drama, and one of the photos shows the actresses taking a selfie on set with bright smiles.

The cast and crew also held a surprise birthday party for director Hong Jong Chan, and Kim Jae Wook, Park Min Young, and Ahn Bo Hyun took a picture with him to commemorate the special day.

Her-Private-Life15.jpgHer-Private-Life-25.jpg

Another still features a pair that have never been seen together in the drama: Kim Jae Wook and Jung Si Yul. In the photo, Kim Jae Wook has his arms around the child actor and can’t seem to take his eyes off of him.

In yet another photo, Kim Jae Wook and Ahn Bo Hyun, who play rivals fighting for Park Min Young’s heart in the drama, show off an unexpected camaraderie as they sit next to each other in their judo uniforms.

Her-Private-Life-36.jpgHer-Private-Life-43.jpg

In addition, the “Cheum Museum” family members (Kim Bo Ra, Seo Ye Hwa, and Jung Won Chang), as well as Kim Mi Kyung and Maeng Sang Hoon (who play Park Min Young’s parents in the drama) give a glimpse of the warm atmosphere on set by showing off their cheerful teamwork.

Her-Private-Life-52.jpgHer-Private-Life-6.jpgHer-Private-Life-7.jpg

The production crew commented, “The laughter on set never ends. The cast and crew are working together to make sure this drama will be remembered as one full of romantic excitement and touching emotions. Please enjoy ‘Her Private Life’ together with us up until the end.”

“Her Private Life” airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already seen it, you can watch the latest episode below!

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@sillygal Ah understood. Thanks for humoring my curiosity. :) The reason I'm asking, is because I'm actually doing this weird thing right now, I have 2 existing subtitle sets for my HPL episodes. First is I think Viu subs, which flow better and sound more conversational in English, but some meaning and context are lost. The other is from a different source, which translates more literally, sound awkward sometimes, but keeps the context and meaning. I'm editing the Viu subs for myself, and adding some meaning lost from the translation by cross-checking with the other sub.

One edit I'm doing is for "saja seki". The Viu sub only translates it as "that jerk". I just recently learned that "saja" is lion. So the more correct term would be "Lion jerk". In my re-watch, DM already calls RG as saja seki since episode 2, which is why she had the mischievous grin in episode 10 when Ryan asked her to call him a more comfortable nickname. On my initial watch, I did not catch this translation and thus, some meaning and enjoyment over the scene is lost. Now I'm editing all instances of "saja seki" I encounter in the sub into "Lion jerk".

Why am I doing this? I dunno. Lol. Its for my personal copy only so I'm not even sure why I'm hellbent on getting a better translation lmao. 

You're most welcome. There are many rules in Korean Language. Even my Korean friend told me sometimes it's easier to pronounce. :lol:

I am rewatching all the episodes almost everyday. Just can't get enough of this drama. I can't wait for Wednesday but somehow I wish everyday will pass slowly so that I can have something to look forward every week. 

Can't imagine how my withdrawal symptom will be. The last serious withdrawal symptom I've had was 3 years ago, one of the Kdrama. 

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, sillygal said:

According to the Korean spelling, if people were to pronounce, it will be 'Dok Mi'. It's actually up to individual for Koreans to pronounce, so sometimes you will get confuse with them pronouncing 2 different names. There are many Korean words that will be pronounce slightly different. I wouldn't say it's kind of unwritten rule in Korean Language, it's only for certain words that are meant to be pronounce like this so that it doesn't sound unnatural. 

Not sure if this is any help but it is usually a switch between “voiced” and “unvoiced” consonants. 

P and B

K and G

T and D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

DM will not leave RG's hand with his voice trembling like that because:

1. If Deok Mi repeats Ep 8-9 breakup thing - I will be severely disappointed. It makes no narrative sense for the OTP to get closer over and over and then DM going back and doing the same thing.

If I am the author, I would probably show the parallel between the two "break up" points - one in which DM/RG had their issues and insecurities and second where they are back stronger and will not fall apart. Going by the script writing and the author's love of parallels and avoidance of conflicts, noble idiocy route is impossible imo.

2. She's not at fault in her mom's case because she lost her own memories too. She is angry at her mom, and sorry towards RG. In this case it makes sense that RG & DM should be distanced from her parents and her parents need to make amends, not OTP with each other. There comes a time in your relationship when you and your spouse are a team while dealing with both set of parents - I am expecting that to be played out here, since it was played out at the time of RG. Parallels are the key.

3. DM's mom needs a redemption point - like everyone in this drama, and therefore, her apology towards RG, her daughter and explanation needs to be provided - will that be given when RG/DM are together or to sort out issues between RG & DM? Will she hit DM(broken up scenario) back into sense - which she has "lost the right to" considering she lied to DM/hid things from her. Therefore, DM's mom will explain things to the couple while they are together - not separated.

4. The hands would be really nice to hold - how can anyone deny those beautiful hands. She's a fangirl, she can't be that big of an idiot.

Just my two cents on why it would make zero sense from a writer's point of view to go through the noble idiocy route. Sleep well, guys - they can't betray us like this. 

ALSO, the birthday present is Si An, isn't it? It has to be!

• Like 16

4 hours ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

I'm kinda the same way, been watching different interviews of PMY through the years, love watching the MYLOG vlog series she had a few months ago.. Kinda sad I won't see her new stuff from her in a while given she usually takes a long break in between dramas.

I thought so too. I seems kinda of odd that the picked HPL up almost immediately after WWWSK. Hmmmm is it because of Lion Si??:naughty: Well after this she is definitely going for a long vacation to detox :sweat_smile:

• Like 9

Guys, don't worry about our leads will break up. There are 2 episodes left so they need to have some sort of conclusions to fill in the 2 hours gap. We will get plenty more of sweet honey scenes of our two love birds. 

• Like 9

I don't think the writer will drag RG & DM /Omma problem until next episode... remember that we always love the way the problem solved in a matured and coolest way.. I'm gonna trust the writer..

Why does sometimes i see KJW looks so masculine macho sexy matured guy and sometimes he looks soooooo cute like a young guy aged 20s.. his skin colour tone also always changed to a very white /fair and sometime a bit dark  skin tone ...and sometime like a red lobster... i know that probably because of the lightings...but he still looks gorgeous! :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

sorry to say this..."that shipper's" thread really trying so hard to become a Hot Topics everytime TVN released HPL episode videos / preview :phew:

• Like 9
  • LOL 12