[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

On 5/23/2019 at 11:15 PM, annie1234 said:

and serious question here..

HOW CAN HE FELL ASLEEP IN THAT POSITION? If it were me, I definitely won't be able to breathe in my sleep. I'd probably be passed out instead of falling asleep :joy: and also, in that position, did something not distract you, Lion ssi~??

I have a serious QUESTION TOO!!!  How come no one noticed how he rubbed his head on her lap in the first gif???:naughty:

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 4
  • LOL 12

13 minutes ago, tan10can said:

I have a serious QUESTION TOO!!!  How come no one noticed how he rubbed his head on her lap in the first gif???:naughty:

7 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

We all did....we just didn’t know what to say or think.....a bit 19+.....

given the constraints of space and my fave actress’ assets as well...:w00t:

It takes a god's level of "professionalism" to be able to do that.....:joy::joy: Both actors need to be comfortable enough since this pose is way more intimate than a mere kissing.....:joy::joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

English subbed behind the scenes video for ep 13 & 14 by BluKimchiKdrama

Watching PMY expertly put up her hair, I suddenly remembered that KJW knows how to do drag queen makeup (on his own face at least, from when he worked part-time at a drag bar to research his Hedwig role). Hair stylist PMY and drag makeup artist KJW --- again the perfect team! :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 2

Even though having weakness in plot, acting and directing in HPL make up for it. Also the fashion styling is great. Beside our fashionable OTP, I also enjoy Director Eom crazy style. It is refreshing to see Kim Sun Yeong who usually play poor mother character, becoming crazy over the top socialite. The set desain is also good. I will miss this drama when it's end.

I understand why Kim Jae Wook accepted this role, coz Ryan Gold is a meaty role. There are so many emotional scene to act. Hoping there are more writer who can offer him 1st lead with meaty role after HPL in drama/movie. If only kdrama/kmovie has script that involve music (but not for teen), like Great Showman or Star is Born, Kim Jae Wook will be perfect as a cast.

To my suprise, Park Min Young had more fusion sageuk/sageuk under her belt than romantic comedy (Gumiho, Ja myung go, Sungkyunghwan scandal, dr. Jin and Queen for seven day, Braveness of ming). She also has two action drama, two legal drama, and two sport drama, also one sitcom (high kick). So HPL is her 4th romantic comedy, after I am Sam, WWWSK and upcoming chinese drama Time City. May be she should take more movie projects after this.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I'm sorry. I'm not ignoring you @Lj. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I wish I could answer. I hope someone answers. And you rewatched the last episode? I haven't rewatched it yet. So you saw some things you didn't see before? I think that's what you are saying. I hope someone comes up with something better.

Edit: I just realized I repeated myself! So dumb.

Sorry my dear if I’m confusing you, yes when I rewatch 14 episode the last scene especially when DM’s mom took out the picture of Yoon Jae and Duk Mi, I have a hypothesis that maybe Duk Mi’s family foster Yoon Jae for a while when he got lost; and the first meeting of children YJ, DM and EG is when  he was left in the playground by himself. But unfortunately DM’s mom wanted to adopt YG but gave up because financially they are not stable. So she decided to leave him to the orphanage without any explanation to the young YJ who was just dump in the orphanage that’s why he had a painful past in that place. 

What I’m trying to say is if that is true, the mom should have at least explained to YJ that he need a better place to stay and a good family will take care of him, she should not underestimate a child that maybe he will not understand it anyway the situation because he was still young. Sometimes adult make a mistake and assumption that children will not understand if difficult situations arise so we let them figure it out for themself, and let them deal with it not knowing that it develops traumatic experience. Sometimes we should talk to them like an adult and ask them how they feel about the situation. (Well I’m an experienced early childhood practitioner) 

But of course as a human being we tend to make mistake and it just take to apologize and make up for the things that we have done.

Next week finale we will find out the real situation of what happened in the past with Yoon Jae and Dok Mi’s mom, for sure he will have a forgiving heart and will start anew with his future family in law:kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, tan10can said:

my full attention was in her skirt When she stood up to see if he drooled in her skirt or not :joy: & that he woke up looking gorgeous like this :mrgreen:

D4CC33A0-0A7F-40AB-B5AD-A8F64FB299F2.gif

@Lawyerh @lu09 waking up like , is a drama tropes definitely :sweatingbullets::phew:

Both actors need to be comfortable enough since this pose is way more intimate than a mere kissing.....:joy::joy:

@cenching We could say she was comfortable , he felt cushiony :yum::joy:

C4E8E2A6-56FB-4EEF-8F96-3D89E9EF4C4C.gif

@Sejabin don’t be sad :kiss_wink:

Spoiler

for your lion & DM  :sweat_smile:

• Like 5
  • LOL 11

29 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

my full attention was in her skirt When she stood up to see if he drooled in her skirt or not :joy: & that he woke up looking gorgeous like this :mrgreen:

Both of them not only being sweet of honey but good chemistry when Deok Mi said "The cushion is still very comfortable" and there Ryan goes to test the sofa by pressing on it to resolve the awkwardness!! :joy: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, Lj said:

Sorry my dear if I’m confusing you, yes when I rewatch 14 episode the last scene especially when DM’s mom took out the picture of Yoon Jae and Duk Mi, I have a hypothesis that maybe Duk Mi’s family foster Yoon Jae for a while when he got lost; and the first meeting of children YJ, DM and EG is when  he was left in the playground by himself. But unfortunately DM’s mom wanted to adopt YG but gave up because financially they are not stable. So she decided to leave him to the orphanage without any explanation to the young YJ who was just dump in the orphanage that’s why he had a painful past in that place. 

What I’m trying to say is if that is true, the mom should have at least explained to YJ that he need a better place to stay and a good family will take care of him, she should not underestimate a child that maybe he will not understand it anyway the situation because he was still young. Sometimes adult make a mistake and assumption that children will not understand if difficult situations arise so we let them figure it out for themself, and let them deal with it not knowing that it develops traumatic experience. Sometimes we should talk to them like an adult and ask them how they feel about the situation. (Well I’m an experienced early childhood practitioner) 

But of course as a human being we tend to make mistake and it just take to apologize and make up for the things that we have done.

Next week finale we will find out the real situation of what happened in the past with Yoon Jae and Dok Mi’s mom, for sure he will have a forgiving heart and will start anew with his future family in law:kiss_wink:

Thank you. I was thinking of the same thing but do know how to write it out. 

If I'm not mistaken both YJ and DM got attached to each other when he was gone, DM is devasted and cried alot and had nightmare waking up crying.  This was mentioned in one of the scene. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Ondine said:

Apparently KJW has always had the tendency to be long-winded when talking about something. Here's Kim Dong Wook telling him to just send a text because he talks too long; these instances are ten years apart.

Minyoung's preferred method is to tell him to just get to the selling point. :D

When I first watched this interview, I also felt that KJW loves to explain in details, so I wouldn't say he's long winded. That's gonna be his good point. 

Loving how PMY just softly tapped on KJW's wrist and he knew what to do already. :wub:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, DeePlatonicFan said:

Hi everyone! :) I was re-watching previous episodes and I found something interesting about Lee Sol's painting from Lee Sol's Graduation Exhibition Works in 1985 Korean University of Fine Arts book. I wanted to share this to all of you earlier before ep 14 because I was analysing the paintings but then I realised that ep 14 explores on the 9 drawings in the series. So, I thought it would be interesting to share my thoughts on this painting instead. 

She was a freshman in 1982. So this book is (I assume) her thesis book after studying for 3 years in university. (I don't know how fine arts university term this. I only know thesis or final year project.)

Looking at her painting below, I realised that Lee Sol painted a lady holding a baby wrapped in a blue blanket and wearing a red beanie. I recalled in episode 13, Editor Nam said "I heard she went to study abroad after graduation, but I never heard any news of her debuting. There were rumors of her giving birth." It seems to imply that Editor Nam felt her junior wasn't able to debut because she had other responsibilities such as becoming a mother since there were rumors of her giving birth. So, I believe this painting is a reflection of Lee Sol holding Heo Yoon Jae alone in that bubble.

It looks so beautiful, dreamy, protective and yet fragile at the same time. My impression of this painting is that Lee Sol wanted to express her love for HYJ and her circumstance as a single mother. I assume she is an unwed single mother as she was still an undergraduate when she painted this. By saying that, I mean that not many undergraduates are married although I have friends who got married while still studying in university. I have a friend who got married in his 2nd/3rd year of university and his wife gave birth in their final year. They are going to graduate this year. 

So, it seems like Lee Sol wishes to show that she would strive to be a strong woman to protect her newborn baby and to shower him with love, care and protection on her own. The bubble, just like RG said before, is fragile. So, by drawing the baby wrapped in his mother's arms shows how fragile the baby is in facing the challenges of life. Likewise for the mother who has to fend for herself and her baby. Being born out of wedlock can be stressful. There might be people (those who subscribe to traditional way of thinking) who would ostracise the baby and the mother for not conforming to the ideal nuclear family template. But the bubble also, just like SDM said before, represents happiness and hopes. So I guess Lee Sol is showing that she is happy with HYJ in her arms despite having to go through a lonely battle of nurturing HYJ without the support of a man, or anyone for that matter, and her hopes to continue to persevere and stay strong for her baby.

The flowers surrounding the bubble is lovely. Honestly, I'm a person who is bad at recognising flowers. So is this rose or what? Somebody help me on this. lol.

But judging from the shape of the flowers, I realised that its petals are pointy or sharp. It could cause the bubble to burst if the bubble comes close to it. So I think Lee Sol is trying to show that as much as the flowers are beautifying the bubble by surrounding it, the flowers could also burst it. If we relate it to life, I felt like the flowers represent the challenges in life that are at times beautiful and at times scary. Anyway, since bubble is so delicate, it takes a lot of care, attention and focus to ensure that it would not burst by accidentally hitting on something unwanted. Painting the space between the bubble and the flowers shows there is a need to distance from these flowers so to maintain a state of tranquility. I feel that Lee Sol's painting here shows her determination to protect HYJ at all cost. 

From these still cuts above, I realised that if HYJ was born in 1985, he is 34 years old (35 in Korean age) and it doesn't match with what RG said in ep 1 and 12 "This art piece was made in 1987. Do you want it?"  If he was born in 1987, he should be 32 years old (33 in Korean age) in 2019 just like SDM and NEG who celebrated their 33rd birthday in ep 14.

Anyway, it would be odd that Lee Sol would paint a lady holding a baby in her arms in 1985 and predict that she would only give birth 2 years later in 1987. (Unless she was not painting herself but that doesn't seem like it. She is consistent in her drawings. She drew about what she loves i.e. HYJ.) So, when someone (sorry, I forgot who) said that maybe RG is 9 years old instead of 7 years old, I thought it makes sense. Furthermore, RG lost his childhood memories and he could have remembered wrongly. In ep 14, Lee Sol said "I thought I would be gone for awhile. I didn't expect it to take 26 years." So if we traced back 26 years ago and if he was born in 1985, he would be 8 years old (9 in Korean age) then. With that being said, no wonder the child actor for HYJ looked taller and bigger than SDM and NEG. 

Thank you so much for your good insight and analysis of this drawing. :blush:

And I think the flowers are actually roses as roses actually do come in different kinds of shapes. And I happened to find out the meaning of roses surrounding the bubbles.

Roses are being express as promise, hope and new beginning. Yet contrasted by thorns that symbolize defense, loss and thoughtlessness. 

So I believe Lee Sol drew roses all over the bubbles is to make a promise to herself that she will protect Yoon Jae and he will always be a hope to her and a new beginning for her as a single mother to move on with her life. Yet, she definitely did felt lost in terms having a child out of wedlock is something that just happened in a spark of moment that she could not even react and I believe during that moment, she must have felt terrified. 

Bubbles dreams is a symbol of childhood memories, protection, feelings of security and comfort.

As much as we knew Lee Sol wants Yoon Jae to have good childhood memories such as letting him being carefree playing with bubbles, knowing bubbles are something that Yoon Jae loves, that's when she started painting bubbles and having Yoon Jae by her side, she felt secured and comfort despite being a single mum. 

And yes, I do noticed that Yoon Jae was much taller and bigger than Deok Mi and Eun Gi. But let's see how the plot twist gonna be for the last 2 episodes. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Lj said:

No you didn’t confuse me at all. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, sillygal said:

Thank you so much for your good insight and analysis of this drawing. :blush:

And I think the flowers are actually roses as roses actually do come in different kinds of shapes. And I happened to find out the meaning of roses surrounding the bubbles.

Roses are being express as promise, hope and new beginning. Yet contrasted by thorns that symbolize defense, loss and thoughtlessness. 

So I believe Lee Sol drew roses all over the bubbles is to make a promise to herself that she will protect Yoon Jae and he will always be a hope to her and a new beginning for her as a single mother to move on with her life. Yet, she definitely did felt lost in terms having a child out of wedlock is something that just happened in a spark of moment that she could not even react and I believe during that moment, she must have felt terrified. 

Bubbles dreams is a symbol of childhood memories, protection, feelings of security and comfort.

As much as we knew Lee Sol wants Yoon Jae to have good childhood memories such as letting him being carefree playing with bubbles, knowing bubbles are something that Yoon Jae loves, that's when she started painting bubbles and having Yoon Jae by her side, she felt secured and comfort despite being a single mum. 

And yes, I do noticed that Yoon Jae was much taller and bigger than Deok Mi and Eun Gi. But let's see how the plot twist gonna be for the last 2 episodes. 

Thank you for explaining the flowers. I guess I wasn't aware that there are roses of that shape. I don't quite like flowers so I am bad at recognising the various types of it. Since roses have thorns, these further explains my point on the life challenges that LS and HYJ have to go through together. 

"Bubbles dreams is a symbol of childhood memories, protection, feelings of security and comfort." 

I agree on your bubble dreams point. Anyway, the fact that LS painted a bubble in 1985 shows that LS likes to use bubbles even before HYJ started playing with bubbles. So, it seems as though she used a bubble to refer to herself and her circumstance as a young lady who has to take up the role of a single mother at that age where she is unstable be it financially and/or emotionally. Maybe she felt insecure as she is immature and fragile to go through this new phase alone. But she seeks comfort from HYJ's presence as he gives her maternal strength to move on with life and to overcome her fears so to provide the best for HYJ. That's the power of a mother's love. I like how the painting shows LS's ability to portray that symbolism of immaturity, fragility, comfort and protection, and of course, love. 

Overall, I really like how this drama uses paintings to convey such meanings. It gives more depth to the plot and their characters. :) 

• Like 9

I’m still wondering what about Ryan’s and SA’s father...is it the same person?Two different people? Where are they now/back then? How can LS went from not having anything to eat in her house to now where she lives a pretty comfortable life abroad?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Ramenqueen19 said:

I’m still wondering what about Ryan’s and SA’s father...is it the same person?Two different people? Where are they now/back then? How can LS went from not having anything to eat in her house to now where she lives a pretty comfortable life abroad?

I assume they are different judging from their surnames. Heo Yoon Jae and Cha Shi An. Maybe Mr. Heo was LS's ex-boyfriend when she was in university? Maybe Mr. Cha is a person who either an arts enthusiast or an artist himself? I'm saying this because in ep 1, CSA said "My parents are very much interested in arts. So I was surrounded by arts since I was young." 

Oh, I'm not surprised if Mr. Cha is the one who wanted to help LS with her paintings which has indirectly caused her to be involved in the accident. In ep 14, LS said "I was just getting by when suddenly I was offered a contribution. With the money, I thought about cooking you a delicious meal and taking you to the amusement park that you always wanted to go. ... Someone offered to help me with my paintings, so I'm going to meet him. He's quite scary though."

I'm not surprised if this person who wanted to help LS likes LS and that is why he would want to help LS with her paintings. Or if he initially did not develop an interest in LS, he then likes her after he had a closer relationship during the post-accident. I mean... if I had indirectly cause someone to be in an accident, I would feel guilty and would give my utmost support to make sure that person can recover well. So during that process, I would be closer to him and maybe due to the close relationship, I might like him and then be romantically involved with him. (This sounds like a normal drama plot. HAHAHAHAA Oh well... actually... this kinda thing happened to me before. I was the injured one and he was indirectly involved in the accident. lol. But our relationship ended years ago due to unforeseen circumstances. Ok... moving on. hahahaha) I think he is a rich man or he is a man with good networking skills so he can help LS with her paintings. So, maybe that is why LS is abroad because her husband is as such? 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1