Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

9 minutes ago, TripleNa said:

He ain't perfect. Nobody can be 100% perfect. Hehe. As much as I hate it, I had to accept the fact that smoking is a common habit among most Korean men when I first knew that my favourite actor, Lee Jong Suk is a smoker. Actors and idols are not exceptional. There are many actors and actress that smoke. When I watched 1N2D : Quit Smoking Projects, I was surprised that all members are smoker except Cha Tae Hyun. The difference is that KJW is being open and never hide it while some might hide to cover their image (which is good and not wrong. LOL).

I hope he at least refrains from smoking before the kissing scenes.  I’m sure PMY would appreciate that! :P

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, niharika111 said:

I hope he at least refrains from smoking before the kissing scenes.  I’m sure PMY would appreciate that! :P

I’m pretty sure every professional actors will have their own ‘ritual’ before filming any intimate scenes or any scenes they will be in. So, I think he will do anything to make his co star comfortable even during intimate scene. He is a professional though. So, I think his smoking habit won’t be much problem for the shooting.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Shine Son said:

I haven't watched that many K-dramas, but having seen WWWSK, I was a bit :huh: when I got a hint that Deok Mi and Ryan might have known each other when they were kids. "Does it always have to be like this?" I asked myself. I like solving puzzles but is there any other way except for childhood connection tropes? :sweatingbullets:

I'm not a Shi An fan like Deok Mi (haha), but we maybe it's fair to consider that Shi An is still young. He made those decisions by himself and had he known better, maybe he would do things the way you said it is better done. In my opinion.

You have observed right on that part about focusing on the male leads. Same thing happened with WWWSK; even when the title has the female lead as the subject. But then, by showing Ryan's vulnerability, we also see Deok Mi's strength - that she is really is someone he can rely on when he is in his weakest. We need that painful past background for his weakness to show...

(I'm quite enjoying this conversation, thanks!)

k-dramas almost always default to the childhood connection because the OTP is always "fated to be" from a long time back. Half the time, it's lazy writing, because you already have a ready-made relationship to expand on. It is much harder to create new memories strong enough to turn two virtual strangers into lovers. There are also many ways to work around Ryan's inability to paint, instead of the mummy route, but that's a topic for another day.

Shi-an has been shown to have a relatively good head on his shoulders - he has been perceptive and and sensitive to the people and events around him. So it is disappointing that he never once thought to consider Ryan's feelings the more he came to know him. Perhaps, as you said, it is his youth that tripped him up there. I think the characterisation was a little lacking there, and the acting was also not on point.

Ryan and Deok-mi have a pretty equal relationship based on love, trust, respect and communication. The fact that he is not afraid to be vulnerable in front of Deok-mi shows his inner confidence and strength. He has nothing to hide from the woman he loves and who loves him. Deok-mi returns his faith in her by being there for him when he needs her. This is a relationship virtually unheard of in k-dramas.

As for WWWSK, not much substance there, methinks.

• Like 16
  • Insightful 2

Reading thru some of the thoughts on the dramas from where I've stopped and here I am to share some thoughts.

I felt both episodes 13 and 14 storylines were going on a smooth pace despite the scene when Lee Sol was explaining her reasons to Ryan. As what majority have felt that Lee Sol shouldn't have just left Ryan and headed for meeting, in my opinion, no matter what, never ever leave your child in a place whereby he or she couldn't feel your presence. The moment when Lee Sol let go of Ryan's hands, I could see that he doesn't want to leave his mum. And if Lee Sol lost her memories from the accident and indirectly lost Ryan, then if I were Yoon Jae, I could have forgive her. And the unfortunate part was, Ryan was in such a pain when he couldn't even remember how his mum look like and till then, his memories faded away. The scene when Ryan could remember everything, he was filled with pain and compressing his pain throughout. And I was thinking, how much pain has this boy went through over 26 years, it's really painful seriously. So I could understand he tried to ignore SiAn for the short moment because he needs all the ample time to recover from all these pains, I'm glad that Deok Mi is always giving him the personal space for all he needs, comforts him at the rightful time, she couldn't be more perfect. 

But of course, in reality, given the time constraint, me or we as a supporter of HPL, we tend to think more deeper and wish that the plot could be even more stronger and that will allow the drama for extension perhaps? :)

The way how Deok Mi heals Ryan to get back in drawing was amazing I felt, drawing is not always being amazing and artistic, it can be cute in your own way, just like tracing the hands and silhouette are something that I would never have thought off. Deok Mi, you're seriously amazing.  

And did anyone realize that up till now, Sindy, Curator Yu and Yoo Seop are still unaware of Deok Mi's being a fangirl of SiAn? I guess that's what HPL is all about I guess. Only RYAN GOLD knew~^_^

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

3 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

Spoiler warning!

Spoiler

Hide contents

Spoiler

60896455_2116247721755681_19960719203735

Both use the same clothes that I saw them using during filming.

PMY used the same clothes in his scene with Eungi... I don't remember what clothes did she use during car filming with Ryan, but PMY walked past me during filming break, saying that she needed to change her clothes first...then she was back using this clothes. Ryan used the same suit during car filming though (iirc...cuz as usual, I was busy staring at Jaewook-nim's face lol)

3 hours ago, niharika111 said:

I love your updates! 

just out out of curiosity, how much does KJW smoke? For example, does he chain smoke? I do think he looks cool with a cigarette, but I feel chain smoking can be so bad for one’s health.  Guess he is not perfect after all!

He smoke...but I was too far to see how much hahaha

3 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

oh you so amazing, please if you have a chance to see them again, tell them that the drama has a lot of fans and that we love them, and PMY that she is just unforgettable in this role. WE SEE ALL AND PRICE HER! 

Thank you so much!

I'm afraid I can't say more than "You've worked hard to them.." I stood there for an hour or so, but actually, they only walked past me for like SECONDS, so I barely could say anything XDDDD

3 hours ago, annie1234 said:

OMO OMO OMO I want to see them shooting too :lol: I envy youu. Pardon my shipper heart, I can’t help but ask you, do they really look close with each other? The shooting atmosphere isn’t cold, is it? :D

Finally, Geon Woo and Ryan. The only person who can beat Ryan Gold cuteness is Geon Woo. 

I saw Ryan laughed during his car scene (gosh the car's lamp were so blinding, I BARELY see anything) filming. He dropped Deokmi off, talked to her a bit in the car, then drove off... Not too many NGs, cuz the director only said CUT to change camera angles... I think the filming went quite smoothly. PMY needed to change her clothes after her scene with Ryan, so I did not really see her interacting with Jaewook. Probably she did monitor the result after that, but as I said, I couldn't see anything due to CAR LIGHTS grrrrrrrr

Eungi and Deokmi's scenes looked a bit serious, though... She looked a bit gloomy(?) as she ascended the stairs toward her home and then Eungi called her to have a conversation.

1 hour ago, itsMYday said:

aaaaa i wish I'm in korea to witness them filming.....

I'll probably starstruck if I can see PMY in person >__<

She's soooooo pretty... Her hair is so on point lol.

But she has really, really thin legs..... T_T

I'm lucky cuz they were filming around my house...so I can drop by several times a day to check if they have filming. Even so, I'm not always lucky to see them... I came over at night only, so I always missed their day filming (like the day KJW took pics for his Instagram...I was not there cuz it's during the day). Last night, I came at 10:30 after I finished my night class...I was so tired and my bag was heavy due to my laptop... I wanted to go straight home but decided to take a chance... Glad I made the decision...cuz they had filming last night T_T The first thing I checked was whether KJW van was there or not :lol:

• Like 12
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, sillygal said:

And did anyone realize that up till now, Sindy, Curator Yu and Yoo Seop are still unaware of Deok Mi's being a fangirl of SiAn? I guess that's what HPL is all about I guess. Only RYAN GOLD knew~^_^

I thought Sindy knows that DM is fangirling SA. Maybe I thought wrong.

• Like 4

Thoughts on Ep14:

- I remember someone on this thread got disappointed at DM for not rushing to RG’s side after getting a call from an earlier ep. Well you got your wish here. She just needed to install the gps :D. Poor Ryan, he’s starting to get beaten up by DM a lot of times now..lol. Love seeing Ryan’s fussy hair. He looks so damned fine! 

- happy to see SJ & SM being able to fix their relationship. They deserve another chance. SM realizing how he fell in love with SJ’s smile is a good start.

- I’ve really warmed up to SA’s character for the last couple of ep. His desire to help his mom was touching. He wanted his mom to open up to him and realize that he’s now a grown man whom she can rely on. 

- glad to see RG confronting his mom for the truth and that he didn’t fully believed her at first. That’s a realistic reaction for him. He needed time to process everything & get another insight (which is of course from DM). It’s really hard to forgive the mom even if she didn’t intentionally abandon him.

- I know EG is not a fav character in here but as I’ve said before I’m all good with him so I was happy when he decided to ‘return’ as DM’s friend. He really just needed the time to accept and move forward. Their relationship will always be special and it’s nice to see their banter again. DM needed her old ‘punching bag’ again so she won’t have to use her lion :lol: Sidenote: PMY looks so youthful in her get-up.

- Oh My Gosh! :lol:This phrase when uttered by our resident crazy Dir Eom was just hilarious. Can’t stop myself from laughing so I had to repeat again & again. A good break from the emotional scenes. I just love to hate her :lol:

- i was in awe at how the little boy in the painting was slowly revealed! At first it seems like all bubbles again but as the mom turned around, there he was... YJ, her beloved son. Those happy memories finally came back to Ryan. He can now believe that he was loved. Great scene!

- the scene between DM and SA is so cute!  I want more of this esp now that they may be family soon! How lucky can she get?! It’ll be fun seeing their interactions in the future. I do wonder if SA knows her other identity.

I’m hoping for a scene where they’ll celebrate DM’s bday and SA will be invited as Ryan’s brother. The guests of course will be her family - her parents, bff-SJ, EG and HJ (she’s kind of semi-adopted now right?)! I’ll bet each guests’ reaction will be hilarious. Three fansite masters plus their idol in a close setting will be fun!

- Lol at the face of DM when she said no to the makgeolli place because Ryan was heavy when drunk. She really seems dominant in their relationship :D Glad that HJ is now part of the office staff. She brings life to the party with her frank remarks! I love her now (actually 2 ep ago)! Lol

- last scene - this was my wish after the hand tracing session last week so I was excited when I saw the prev stills. I’ll gush again at PMY’s beautiful silhouette! That messy bun was just perfect for her:wub: And I was so mesmerised seeing Ryan concentrating on his tracing. I mean how hot can he get?! I wished this scene has gone much longer. Isn’t it a great coincidence that KJW is a lefty doing this scene w/ PMY. Him being on the left side allowed PMY to show her left-side angle as she always favors this side of hers. A right-handed man can still draw the silhouette but it’ll slightly be a bit awkward from that position or he would’ve blocked the shadow (not sure if I’m making any sense...lol). Anyway, that declaration of love between our two lovers is :wub:. DM shedding a single tear shows how great the emotion she’s feeling at that moment. What a great scene!

• Like 15
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

7 hours ago, shiqin3381 said:
  Hide contents

His bare body.:wub:

Would Any kind soul help us by translating what he is saying? Really wanna know more about him 

• Like 3

Agree with someone write in here how progress development character deokmi in episode 14:rolleyes:

From episode 1 we know she is fangirl to Sian and episode 14 how she can change the moment talking to Sian to show Ryan and Mom.. Its so how she now can have the real who she can love so much and its name Ryan Gold. 

Ryan Gold become Deokmi the number one in their heart. I wait the scenes Deokmi shows all pictures she taking Ryans with big the smile. 

• Like 6

I am with you chingus who are dissapointed with how Lee Sol separation with Heo Yon Jae written. The "car of doom" leads to separation, sigh. Even though playground at the time was a save place, it is stupid to leave your child alone there. Who is this scary sponsor that made Lee Sol choose not to bring her son to the meeting? We really need suspension of disbelief here.

But after separation, why she was not able to track-down her son, was realistic. I think she did report to the police. But the police finding probably lead to Heo Yoon Jae being adopted abroad already. Even in the real life, tracking down your adopted abroad child are hard. Most can only wait for news if only the child itself already willing to find bio family.

At least Lee Ill Hwa's acting was good.

• Like 8

Annyeonghaseyo! Gosh, it's been ages since I've logged into my Soompi account but it's so nice to be back! I miss the camaraderie and all the funny and witty exchanges about an on-going kdrama that has tugged at our heartstrings (like what HPL is doing to all of us here in this forum). Heaven knows, I don't get to fangirl in the real world so this is a 'safe space' for me! ;) I really appreciate and look forward to reading everyone's thoughts about each episode, and all the GIFs shared as well. Kamsahamnida for the passion that you bring forth in here, thus making this forum an enjoyable place to be! :) And joesonghamnida for being late to the party!

Like you, I am in love with Ryan Gold and Seong Deok Mi, individually and collectively. I keep having this goofy smile on my face whenever I see them both on screen (STS syndrome, right?), and they make my heart happy. Kudos to Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young for their fantastic characterizations of RG and DM, respectively. They are so believable as a couple that I can't help myself from hoping and fantasizing that they are falling for each other in real life as well! Gah, they are just so so adorable and lovely together! :wub: How can one not ship them?! 

The supporting characters are also winning in my book -- cutie pie Geon Woo, the super extra Uhm So Hye, sasaeng fan turned responsible adult Hyo Jin, dependable friend and ally Seon Joo, supportive co-workers Kyung Ah and Yoo Seob, charming Shi An, warmhearted DM Omma, rock collector DM Appa, pecstacular judo silver medalist (and the-one-who-will-never-get-the-girl-he-likes-no-matter-how-hard-he-tries) Eun Gi and the rest.. 

I am definitely going to miss everyone after the final episode next week as Wednesdays and Thursdays have been the highlights of my week since HPL started, so after next Thursday.. Ottokaji? :unsure: 

Anyhow, this is what I noticed after the final moments of Ep 14 --

The First Meeting of Heo Eun Jae and Seong Deok Mi

Spoiler

It was the day when Lee Sol left Heo Eun Jae at the kid's playground

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, text and outdoor

No photo description available.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text and closeup

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text

L-R: Heo Yoon Jae, Nam Eun Gi and Seong Deuk Mi

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Hi everyone! :) I was re-watching previous episodes and I found something interesting about Lee Sol's painting from Lee Sol's Graduation Exhibition Works in 1985 Korean University of Fine Arts book. I wanted to share this to all of you earlier before ep 14 because I was analysing the paintings but then I realised that ep 14 explores on the 9 drawings in the series. So, I thought it would be interesting to share my thoughts on this painting instead. 

st6y17O.png

She was a freshman in 1982. So this book is (I assume) her thesis book after studying for 3 years in university. (I don't know how fine arts university term this. I only know thesis or final year project.)

40VXTZS.png

Looking at her painting below, I realised that Lee Sol painted a lady holding a baby wrapped in a blue blanket and wearing a red beanie. I recalled in episode 13, Editor Nam said "I heard she went to study abroad after graduation, but I never heard any news of her debuting. There were rumors of her giving birth." It seems to imply that Editor Nam felt her junior wasn't able to debut because she had other responsibilities such as becoming a mother since there were rumors of her giving birth. So, I believe this painting is a reflection of Lee Sol holding Heo Yoon Jae alone in that bubble.

It looks so beautiful, dreamy, protective and yet fragile at the same time. My impression of this painting is that Lee Sol wanted to express her love for HYJ and her circumstance as a single mother. I assume she is an unwed single mother as she was still an undergraduate when she painted this. By saying that, I mean that not many undergraduates are married although I have friends who got married while still studying in university. I have a friend who got married in his 2nd/3rd year of university and his wife gave birth in their final year. They are going to graduate this year. 

So, it seems like Lee Sol wishes to show that she would strive to be a strong woman to protect her newborn baby and to shower him with love, care and protection on her own. The bubble, just like RG said before, is fragile. So, by drawing the baby wrapped in his mother's arms shows how fragile the baby is in facing the challenges of life. Likewise for the mother who has to fend for herself and her baby. Being born out of wedlock can be stressful. There might be people (those who subscribe to traditional way of thinking) who would ostracise the baby and the mother for not conforming to the ideal nuclear family template. But the bubble also, just like SDM said before, represents happiness and hopes. So I guess Lee Sol is showing that she is happy with HYJ in her arms despite having to go through a lonely battle of nurturing HYJ without the support of a man, or anyone for that matter, and her hopes to continue to persevere and stay strong for her baby.

The flowers surrounding the bubble is lovely. Honestly, I'm a person who is bad at recognising flowers. So is this rose or what? Somebody help me on this. lol.

But judging from the shape of the flowers, I realised that its petals are pointy or sharp. It could cause the bubble to burst if the bubble comes close to it. So I think Lee Sol is trying to show that as much as the flowers are beautifying the bubble by surrounding it, the flowers could also burst it. If we relate it to life, I felt like the flowers represent the challenges in life that are at times beautiful and at times scary. Anyway, since bubble is so delicate, it takes a lot of care, attention and focus to ensure that it would not burst by accidentally hitting on something unwanted. Painting the space between the bubble and the flowers shows there is a need to distance from these flowers so to maintain a state of tranquility. I feel that Lee Sol's painting here shows her determination to protect HYJ at all cost. 

5tt2fAT.png

From these still cuts above, I realised that if HYJ was born in 1985, he is 34 years old (35 in Korean age) and it doesn't match with what RG said in ep 1 and 12 "This art piece was made in 1987. Do you want it?"  If he was born in 1987, he should be 32 years old (33 in Korean age) in 2019 just like SDM and NEG who celebrated their 33rd birthday in ep 14.

Anyway, it would be odd that Lee Sol would paint a lady holding a baby in her arms in 1985 and predict that she would only give birth 2 years later in 1987. (Unless she was not painting herself but that doesn't seem like it. She is consistent in her drawings. She drew about what she loves i.e. HYJ.) So, when someone (sorry, I forgot who) said that maybe RG is 9 years old instead of 7 years old, I thought it makes sense. Furthermore, RG lost his childhood memories and he could have remembered wrongly. In ep 14, Lee Sol said "I thought I would be gone for awhile. I didn't expect it to take 26 years." So if we traced back 26 years ago and if he was born in 1985, he would be 8 years old (9 in Korean age) then. With that being said, no wonder the child actor for HYJ looked taller and bigger than SDM and NEG. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 14

24 minutes ago, rabbiteen said:

BTS for 13-14 finally out~

4:07  The make out session from this angle looks so much hotter than in the episode.

4:14  PMY wiping the lipstick off KJW is just aww-worthy.

3:24  Wow, I thought her hairstylist did her bun. I didn't expect PMY to do it herself without a mirror because it looks perfect.

3:33: Awww... PMY showing how to draw like an artist.

2:15 So playful! 

Too bad they didn't show the part where they got caught sleeping by their co-workers .

• Like 14

On relationship between Sian and Ryan. When did Sian know that Ryan is his real hyung (half brother)?

I think when Sian told Ryan that Lee Sol is his own mom, he did not know for sure, yet. The reason he told Ryan, simply because Sian was aware that his mom will ask Ryan to cancel the exhibition, and wanted Ryan to convince her to continue. We must note that Sian couldn't possibly knew that Ryan knew that Lee Sol could be his bio mom, so he wasn't trying to drop the bomb or something.

But as a sensitive person Sian could sense Ryan strong reaction to the fact. He thought he was angry because he hide that Lee Sol was his mom, so he waited in front of his door that night to explain. Ryan's reaction did confirm that he was angry. That's lead him to ask DM, was Ryan angry because the lie behind the exhibition (him not telling the truth that Lee Sol is his mom from the beginning)? When DM said no than he must be trying to think of other reason, could it be that...?

He knows that his mom will try to talk to Ryan secretly about the exhibition. So when he found her mom break down in the hallway, he knew that it must have something to do with Ryan. That's when he put the two and two together: that Ryan is indeed his mother missing son, even though he doesn't ask her anything that night.

He knows his mom secret for sometimes. I think that the reason why he try to collect all of her painting back. He began his interests in Ryan after finding out that Ryan bought one of Lee Sol painting. After agreeing to the exhibition, i do think Sian also did try to research Ryan background. It is no secret that Ryan is an korean adoptee, so I do think Sian_ after finding out this fact_ did wonder about Ryan. Age and background wise, Ryan fitted the profile of his missing hyung. That's why he tries to befriend him and listing facts that their meeting was fate. I think Sian also suspected that Ryan bought Lee Sol painting for himself not for his client.

When Sian asked Ryan to meet afterwards, I do think he did it well. He emphasized "hyung" warmly to an awkward Ryan, implying that he knew. Telling him there is something special and fated in their relationship and simply ask him a chance for their mother to explain by giving him her number (so he can call her wen he's ready).

• Like 14
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

4:07  The make out session from this angle looks so much hotter than in the episode.

4:14  PMY wiping the lipstick off KJW is just aww-worthy.

3:24  Wow, I thought her hairstylist did her bun. I didn't expect PMY to do it herself without a mirror because it looks perfect.

3:33: Awww... PMY showing how to draw like an artist.

Agreed on 4:07, they should've used that angle, then maybe there'll be a little bit less complaints about the scene being too pedestrian. Lol. 

Who knows maybe we'll get that angle in the beginning of ep 15 (I wish lol). 

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, rabbiteen said:

BTS for 13-14 finally out~

Aww, they play and vibe (and laugh) so well together! I love the entire thing, but some notable bits:

1:36 Playing around with ad libs at the end of the breakfast scene so Ryan and Deokmi could make out sans coffee :lol:

2:16 Turning hand-holding into a "Fighting!" cheer 

3:14 KJW looked so impressed when PMY did her hair up. I was very impressed too.

4:07  @mmac80 I agree, the kiss scene was a lot hotter in the bts. Seems to be the usual case with this couple. :D

4:00 KJW's habit of wiping her tears away

4:12 PMY's habit of wiping her lipstick from his face

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, TripleNa said:

He ain't perfect. Nobody can be 100% perfect. Hehe. As much as I hate it, I had to accept the fact that smoking is a common habit among most Korean men when I first knew that my favourite actor, Lee Jong Suk is a smoker. Actors and idols are not exceptional. There are many actors and actress that smoke. When I watched 1N2D : Quit Smoking Projects, I was surprised that all members are smoker except Cha Tae Hyun. The difference is that KJW is being open and never hide it while some might hide to cover their image (which is good and not wrong. LOL).

Yup most korean men smokes. If I am not mistaken by % korean is one of the highest in smoking index. 

Surprising or not, most actors is a smoker, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Min Ho, Ji Chang Wook, Kim Woo Bin, and more. Some are open about it, some decided not to expose it. KJW is being open about it is a good thing. At least he is being honest with his fans. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 5

Bts

cur0pjmf9haw.gif

Spoiler

24bgoolak6sx.gif

f1lz6sc1rxzt.gif

Spoiler

ahnwmhuzfyb8.gif

they comfortable with each other:wub:

0lkxiorq4qh5.gif