[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Apparently KJW has always had the tendency to be long-winded when talking about something. Here's Kim Dong Wook telling him to just send a text because he talks too long; these instances are ten years apart.

Minyoung's preferred method is to tell him to just get to the selling point. :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 17

https://www.soompi.com/article/1327289wpp/watch-kim-jae-wook-and-park-min-young-show-explosive-chemistry-in-her-private-life-making-video

Watch: Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Show Explosive Chemistry In “Her Private Life” Making Video

Watch: Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Show Explosive Chemistry In “Her Private Life” Making Video

May 25, 2019
by Y. Shin

tvN has released a new making video for “Her Private Life”!

“Her Private Life” is about the romance between perfect art gallery curator Sung Duk Mi (played by Park Min Young) and her boss Ryan Gold (played by Kim Jae Wook).

The video begins with Kim Jae Wook filming highly emotional scenes. Although he can’t stop the tears that roll down his face, he remains professional and tells the production staff, “Let’s do [the scene] again. I can’t be crying.” During one of these tear-filled scenes, he is quick to hand his co-star his own tissue so she can wipe away her tears.

On set, the actor shows determination to get every detail right. As he prepares for a scene in which he plays Go-Stop with Park Min Young, he practices laying out the cards in a cool manner. He laughs as he fails his second attempt at this move and comments, “We should’ve shot that [first attempt].”

The clip then shows various shots of Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young displaying their adorable chemistry. In one scene, they giggle over how they must pause for a second because of the food in Park Min Young’s mouth, and in another, Kim Jae Wook can’t help but laugh at Park Min Young, whose sleeve flops back and forth when she lightly hits his arms. As they rehearse a scene in which the actress playfully hits Kim Jae Wook and he grabs her hand, the actor exclaims, “Why are you so fast all of a sudden!” In response, Park Min Young shrugs innocently.

The behind-the-scenes video ends with the on-screen couple filming kiss scenes and the actress wiping away her lipstick that has been left on Kim Jae Wook’s lips as his shoulders shake in laughter.

Watch the full making video below!

“Her Private Life” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest episode below!

• Like 16

Laica from Dramabean's brief review of this week's HPL from their "What We're Watching" series:

Laica:

Her Private Life: What a wonderful show this was! I’m so sad it’s over. Time to rewatch! …Okay, I kid. But really, I want to pretend that the last few seconds of episode 14 don’t exist, and that the drama ended right then—because that would make this a perfect rom-com. A unicorn. (Sort of like Top Star Yoo Baek, but even better.) We have a satisfying resolution to every single plot thread, including the story of Ryan’s childhood abandonment and his painting slump, which I had doubts that they could pull off. I even cried, because Lee Il-hwa is our Answer Me mom. And we’ve seen the relationship between Deok-mi and her Lion slowly, beautifully blossom, a perfect balance of explosive physical chemistry and an even more swoonworthy growing intimacy, all without losing the initial spark or succumbing to the dreaded Episode 12 Curse. I even loved how the formerly hateful Eun-gi came to terms with his feelings for Deok-mi—his promise to her of lifelong friendship actually had me tearing up. This weird childhood connection between Deok-mi’s family and Ryan will cause all sorts of horrible conversations and is neither needed nor logical. It adds nothing to these two’s already very touching and romantic love story to have them be able to overcome the fact that her mother did a Bad Thing to him a long time ago. I found it far more moving to witness the way they found the bravery to be honest about their feelings, how they listened to each other’s inner scars and triumphs and created happiness for each other. The way that Deok-mi showed Ryan how to start drawing again may be the most beautiful act of love I’ve seen between a couple in a drama for a very long time. So yes, I’ll watch the finale because there’s bound to be an excess of cuteness, but this drama is one more example of the fact that 16 episodes is too long for a rom-com.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

She's really blossomed beyond her fangirl persona.

This is also probably something the drama wants to bring to its viewers. That they look at fangirls and see past their "squealing, screaming and gushing over their bias" image and find a woman who knows what makes her own self happy and is passionate at making others happy as well.

That's what I've learned so far. And it makes me feel proud to be a fangirl. ;)

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Kim Bora (Hyo Jin/Cindy) did a doodle for Jung Won Chang (Yoo Seob). In his caption, he described it with details like it was an art piece on display :)

A work of romantic painter Hyojin Kim (1995 ~) from Korea
- Title: Yoo Seob Oppa
- Artist: Hyojin Kim (1995 ~)
- Completion: 2019
- Material: Marker pen
- Size: 297 x 210mm
소장 : 개인 (not sure about the translation for this one...maybe "Owner: Individual"?)

Support truck from Kim Bora's friends, AKMU's Suhyun and Kim Sae Ron:

More fanart:

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Sky8lue said:
Kim Bora (Hyo Jin/Cindy) did a doodle for Jung Won Chang (Yoo Seob). In his caption, he described it with details like it was an art piece on display :)

Ohhh, she's really good! :w00t: And what a clever caption. :D

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Laica from Dramabean's brief review of this week's HPL from their "What We're Watching" series:

“but this drama is one more example of the fact that 16 episodes is too long for a rom-com.

What? But I wish this drama will have 100 episodes with 84 episodes of Ryan and Deok Mi’s domestic life together :yum:

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

@bliss1004 Omg I'm sorry I have to repost this. Are you trying to kill me?! HE IS TOO HANDSOME.

Kim Jae Wook is perfect. He is PERFECT. Do you hear me?! You killed me with this picture. I'm dying!!!! His hair. Everything is perfect.

His gaze. His eyes! His clothes everything is perfect! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why do I feel like I'm cheating on my #1oppa Gong Yoo!!!! Now I have to go to Gong Yoo's thread and say I'm sorry oppa! I betrayed you!! Kim Jae Wook oppa is so handsome and perfect!!! Please ignore me I'm just stupid.

Edit: I'm sorry.. I'm so annoying. Please ignore me. 

Image result for crying gif

Edited by 2handsintertwined
crying :(
  • Like 4
  • LOL 15

19 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

“but this drama is one more example of the fact that 16 episodes is too long for a rom-com.

What? But I wish this drama will have 100 episodes with 84 episodes of Ryan and Deok Mi’s domestic life together :yum:

I think I'd prefer just putting KJW and PMY on a reality show and letting them do silly things together. It will have the same effect as a rom com, but without the questionable "plots" and unnecessary drama. :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2

I was rewatching the last episode and I had a hunch that DM’s mom and family is YJ foster family for a while, when he was left in the playground he was wearing the brown shirt and that the first time they met in childhood, I saw a post and I apologize because I didn’t remember who was it. Anyway, maybe they took him for a while and DM’s mom can’t afford to have another child so she has no choice but to leave him in the orphanage. But I don’t understand why she left him like that, at least she should explain the situation. I’m working with children for a long time and never underestimate the child, sometimes we treat them like that because we taught it’s good for them; that’s why we are there to support them and let them understand if we talk to them honestly they will understand us, even though they will ask question that’s difficult to answer we can always find a way to find the best answer for them. Do I make sense? Anyway that’s My thought. 

• Like 9

I'm sorry. I'm not ignoring you @Lj. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I wish I could answer. I hope someone answers. And you rewatched the last episode? I haven't rewatched it yet. So you saw some things you didn't see before? I think that's what you are saying. I hope someone comes up with something better.

Edit: I just realized I repeated myself! So dumb.

• Like 3

Honestly I don't think that it's only us whom will have withdrawal.  Our OTP will have a big withdrawal too. I heard that after each drama the actors have to take time off to collect their feelings and go back to reality to distinguish what real and acting and here they are bumping of each other with their ad lip. Everything is real :love:

PMY always goes for a holiday after each drama with her mom.

I am really going to miss them when it ends.  

Till their next project

• Like 9

Think the dramabeans comment was really a complaint about the requirement for unnecessary angst devices which they love to put in spanning ep 12 to 14/15 where they will try to separate the OTP...like now it’ll be about how DM’s mom is involved in the abandonment of RG in childhood....

this is one drama where we don’t need angst....or plot devices...

just watching the OTP interact both one n off screen is sufficient plot for me...:D

but isn’t the greatest story always about love???

the k drama gods...seem enamoured with 1st love....but in this case...we don’t need it....what’s unfolding on our screens feels complete as it is...

• Like 10