[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

5 hours ago, Dramageek said:

On relationship between Sian and Ryan. When did Sian know that Ryan is his real hyung (half brother)?

I think when Sian told Ryan that Lee Sol is his own mom, he did not know for sure, yet. The reason he told Ryan, simply because Sian was aware that his mom will ask Ryan to cancel the exhibition, and wanted Ryan to convince her to continue. We must note that Sian couldn't possibly knew that Ryan knew that Lee Sol could be his bio mom, so he wasn't trying to drop the bomb or something.

But as a sensitive person Sian could sense Ryan strong reaction to the fact. He thought he was angry because he hide that Lee Sol was his mom, so he waited in front of his door that night to explain. Ryan's reaction did confirm that he was angry. That's lead him to ask DM, was Ryan angry because the lie behind the exhibition (him not telling the truth that Lee Sol is his mom from the beginning)? When DM said no than he must be trying to think of other reason, could it be that...?

He knows that his mom will try to talk to Ryan secretly about the exhibition. So when he found her mom break down in the hallway, he knew that it must have something to do with Ryan. That's when he put the two and two together: that Ryan is indeed his mother missing son, even though he doesn't ask her anything that night.

He knows his mom secret for sometimes. I think that the reason why he try to collect all of her painting back. He began his interests in Ryan after finding out that Ryan bought one of Lee Sol painting. After agreeing to the exhibition, i do think Sian also did try to research Ryan background. It is no secret that Ryan is an korean adoptee, so I do think Sian_ after finding out this fact_ did wonder about Ryan. Age and background wise, Ryan fitted the profile of his missing hyung. That's why he tries to befriend him and listing facts that their meeting was fate. I think Sian also suspected that Ryan bought Lee Sol painting for himself not for his client.

When Sian asked Ryan to meet afterwards, I do think he did it well. He emphasized "hyung" warmly to an awkward Ryan, implying that he knew. Telling him there is something special and fated in their relationship and simply ask him a chance for their mother to explain by giving him her number (so he can call her wen he's ready).

Agree. 

I think SiAn never meant to 'set up' or orchestrate his hyung and mom meeting...esp not with bad intention.  

*in Deokmi's voice*

Our SiAn is an angel 

I forget whom...but there's one user wondering about Ryan's foster parents and why Ryan never contacted them. My guess is they passed away. When Ryan told Deokmi about it, he spoke in pure past form (in Korean). You don't do that to tell a story about a person if the person is still alive.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

EXO’s Sehun Shows Support For “Busted!” Co-Star Park Min Young On Set Of “Her Private Life”

by J. Lim
7099e9e5a9a847a0ac78bd6ca6a1a2d5.jpeg?s=

EXO’s Sehun prepared a special gift for Park Min Young!

On May 25, the actress shared a series of photos from the set of her drama “Her Private Life” with the caption, “Oh Sehun, taking all the coolness and cuteness for himself. Thank you for the surprise gift.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1327244wpp/exos-sehun-shows-support-for-busted-co-star-park-min-young-on-set-of-her-private-life

• Like 12

5 hours ago, DeePlatonicFan said:

So, when someone (sorry, I forgot who) said that maybe RG is 9 years old instead of 7 years old, I thought it makes sense. 

Guilty! It was me. I only assumed so because of the number of paintings to be collected (nine). Later on though, when I realized that the canvases were parts of a larger piece of art, it made me think it's because of the 9-grid artwork.

But hey, thanks for bringing much more sense into that theory of mine. ;)

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Shine Son said:

This is probably what they were talking about during the presscon of the drama, when they said that KJW and PMY are going to show a mature relationship between their characters. It's refreshing to see, the equality of the male and female lead characters that the drama presents. Ryan was raised in the US so he doesn't hold the same kind of mentality on relationships as the typical Korean man does. As for Deok Mi, her good skills on recognizing and/or understanding men's expressions or feelings probably came from having a male best friend plus her being a fan girl. Editing photos from time to time, and watching his videos on loop, she'd be able to see the difference between a happy, awkward, sad, enthusiastic or tired Shi An.

I am quite happy with how consistent the "American" part of Ryan has been portrayed. It is never overt, but the fish out of water scenes are always funny and sweet - Ryan trying Korean food, taking in the night view of Seoul, getting spanked at Go-stop, Deok-mi joking about his American ways etc. I am glad to see that all these are portrayed in a light, humorous way that serve to highlight the differences between Deok-mi and Ryan, differences that help bring them closer. And Ryan being open-minded at every other turn is a delight to see and savour. Even if he is sceptical about his mum's words, about Deok-mi's relationship with Eun-gi, he is not closed off to another perspective offered by Deok-mi. It is, as you said, a mature relationship. Really lovely.

Also, nice point about Deok-mi, she's been shown to be observant and sensitive, both in her interactions with people and the way she photographs people. I like that it's been consistent and in character for her, and I also like that she's become more forthright and honest in how she communicates with Ryan and others (at the start of the drama, she wasn't always able to speak her mind). She's really blossomed beyond her fangirl persona.

20 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I forget whom...but there's one user wondering about Ryan's foster parents and why Ryan never contacted them. My guess is they passed away. When Ryan told Deokmi about it, he spoke in pure past form (in Korean). You don't do that to tell a story about a person if the person is still alive.

That was me. I realised he spoke in past tense, but missed the nuance on that. Thanks for the explanation. I still think it's lovely that Ryan had a great relationship with his adoptive parents.

• Like 20

36 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

A studio 'live' version has just been released by singer RUNY. Perfect song to play while watching the newest BTS =)

More about this singer:

http://www.mnet.com/artist/205501

https://drama.fandom.com/es/wiki/Runy

With lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

I love this song! I love his voice too. He looks a little bit like Zico from that angle :D. So, we will have 1 more OST, right? 

Anyway, the bluray survey, if I fill the form more than once but still using the same id and same email, will it still be counted? Or only one email/id for one count?

• Like 9

PMY's Busted castmates are very sweet. This is the 3rd already right? Lee Seunggi, Jae Suk, and now Sehun. So happy for PMY, it's like she has one big family now. Lol. 

Can't wait for the English sub of the BTS to come out. And I wonder when they'll release the ep15 preview. We should be getting an idea there the final scene is *cough* fleshed out. Lol

• Like 9

9 hours ago, kenrei said:

Thoughts on Ep14:

- I remember someone on this thread got disappointed at DM for not rushing to RG’s side after getting a call from an earlier ep. Well you got your wish here. She just needed to install the gps :D. Poor Ryan, he’s starting to get beaten up by DM a lot of times now..lol. Love seeing Ryan’s fussy hair. He looks so damned fine! 

- glad to see RG confronting his mom for the truth and that he didn’t fully believed her at first. That’s a realistic reaction for him. He needed time to process everything & get another insight (which is of course from DM). It’s really hard to forgive the mom even if she didn’t intentionally abandon him.

- I know EG is not a fav character in here but as I’ve said before I’m all good with him so I was happy when he decided to ‘return’ as DM’s friend. He really just needed the time to accept and move forward. Their relationship will always be special and it’s nice to see their banter again.

- i was in awe at how the little boy in the painting was slowly revealed! At first it seems like all bubbles again but as the mom turned around, there he was... YJ, her beloved son. Those happy memories finally came back to Ryan. He can now believe that he was loved. Great scene!

-  Him being on the left side allowed PMY to show her left-side angle as she always favors this side of hers. 

- I was the weird one, complaining why DM could be sound asleep, as if RG troubles can be solved simply by the BR sweet drinks and looking at her fancy SA merch (courtesy of vacuum cleaner). In Ep 14, the team dinner scene is also awkwardly wedged in for PPL.  Making the sketch scene seems so forced and rushed.  Bleh.  

- RG didn't believed her because he had vague memories of being pushed away in the orphanage, and the lady (I believe is DM's Mom) said 'I am not your mother'.

--- And it's such a lame story! Quite disappointed the HPL had such a lazy story line.

Mom got into accident, coma for years, couldn't find her son?!?! What?! I mentioned this possible lazy story line a few days ago, thinking surely HPL can't be so lazy! The boy, police and orphanage knows his real name.  Yet, she can't find him?! Did she just go back to the playground to look for him, thinking he will be standing there waiting for her?  Why didn't she make any police report? Not that he was kidnapped , smuggled to another country to be child beggars! 

- I am also one of the weird one to defend EG.  Actually, I am surprised DM was not even concerned of him.   Yes, I kind of understand why she avoided him, but she showed no concern at all. She didn't even tell SJ about the EG confession, asking her to help console EG.  Nothing.  EG is not just a random school mate or colleague  that hardly see each other, thus  can just hide and avoid.  He grew up with her for goodness sake.  

- The reveal of the 9th painting is well executed.  

But, after the glitters settled, she stood there triumphantly, why? huh?  What so triumphant to literally have her son in the painting?  Surely, a good artist need not resort to literal representation.  DM already decoded the motherly love through the other 8 paintings.  

--- i know it's difficult to forgive his Mom for being left behind (abandoned, lost, whatever), but to suddenly forgive her after feeling her LOVE and smile through the boy in the painting? Bleh.  

- I was wondering why RG was always on the left of the screen, DM on the right.  In the bed scene in her penthouse, she suddenly floated to the right side of the bed to make space for RG on the left.  I thought because for the pock marks on KJW left cheek. Heeee... 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DeePlatonicFan said:

From these still cuts above, I realised that if HYJ was born in 1985, he is 34 years old (35 in Korean age) and it doesn't match with what RG said in ep 1 and 12 "This art piece was made in 1987. Do you want it?"  If he was born in 1987, he should be 32 years old (33 in Korean age) in 2019 just like SDM and NEG who celebrated their 33rd birthday in ep 14.

Anyway, it would be odd that Lee Sol would paint a lady holding a baby in her arms in 1985 and predict that she would only give birth 2 years later in 1987. (Unless she was not painting herself but that doesn't seem like it. She is consistent in her drawings. She drew about what she loves i.e. HYJ.) So, when someone (sorry, I forgot who) said that maybe RG is 9 years old instead of 7 years old, I thought it makes sense. Furthermore, RG lost his childhood memories and he could have remembered wrongly. In ep 14, Lee Sol said "I thought I would be gone for awhile. I didn't expect it to take 26 years." So if we traced back 26 years ago and if he was born in 1985, he would be 8 years old (9 in Korean age) then. With that being said, no wonder the child actor for HYJ looked taller and bigger than SDM and NEG. 

oh?! this makes sense if RG is older than SDM & NEG. 

Yeah he could have remembered his birth year wrongly since he was adopted as well.

wow, if you never mentioned about the painting i wouldn't have realised there's a mother with a child in the bubble. now that you mentioned that, this theory does makes a little sense haha

• Like 5

I think 9 pieces simply to make a 3x3 grid puzzle.  The last piece with the boy is at the center of the grid.   Maybe. 

Don't think RG was lost at age 9 (year 1993) because by then he should started formal schooling and would have been old enough to remember his birthday.  He did say he can't remember the rebirth hour.  Didn't say he can't remember the birthdate.  He mentioned September the month he was adopted...

After the Leesol reveal (sugar coated and tied with pink ribbon) in ep 14, I suspect the last 2 episodes the focus will shift to DM's Mom and DM.  

@DeePlatonicFan, thanks for highlighting the mother -child figure in the painting, sharp eyes! 

• Like 9

@Aziraphale I love your stills of Ryan and Deok Mi! They are so perfect. Thank you for sharing!

Edit: I'm crying. Kim Jae Wook and Park Minyoung are so perfect in this drama. I love their acting. They act like they are really in love with each other. They make me believe that they are really a couple!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Shine Son said:

Guilty! It was me. I only assumed so because of the number of paintings to be collected (nine). Later on though, when I realized that the canvases were parts of a larger piece of art, it made me think it's because of the 9-grid artwork.

But hey, thanks for bringing much more sense into that theory of mine. ;)

Honestly, I also thought that the reason why the paintings are 9 because it signifies his age. So I agree with you on that. :)

• Like 7