Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

Its in the middle of the night here and I just came.

Darn. All I see are the painting scenes. And kiss. And spoon.

But what is this with the mum holding onto to something... which minute is it? I have a full on day coming up and can't even get to the episode. She is  a photo with Yoon Jae on it. So the 3 mums knew each other? Huh? What did I miss?

All I have time now is the ending. Then no time at all today. Darn real life. After I have been waiting all week for the episodes.

American shows have naked shoulders post bed scenes. Korean dramas have naked shoulders post bed scenes. Why does DM have a shirt on for goodness sakes?

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, SGahjumma said:

RG is a rational person and will understand and forgave the predicament that DM parents needs to leave him at the orphanage after all, he had experienced the warmth from DM parents. 

I think the one who left RG at the orphanage wasnt DM's mom but the authorithy. Regardless rich or poor, DM parents had no right to bring him home. I think DM's mom let her kids played with young RG as long as she cud, and when time to leave, it was against her conscience to leave a young child alone at the playground unattended, but she cant bring him home because she can be charged for kidnapping. The next best thing she cud do was to bring over the child to the nearest police station & let them handle from there. I suspect it was either a female police officer or a social worker who brought him over to the orphanage until someone come to report a missing child. However after certain period of time, no one come to report/claim him, they sent him for adoption.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

while everyone is going ga-ga over the last scene... or the "sleeping over the gallery" night... which i played and replayed about ten-thousand times i think... :lol:...

has there anyone mentioned how CCUUUTTTEEEE Geon Woo on the episode last night! i just want to bite that little boy... he sooooo cute!!!! i was STS-ing all the while as well while he is discussing how he drop himself intentionally to make the girl he likes smile...and insist he is in love...not crush...he is definite... he is in love!!!  oh my goodness that kid is suuppppeerr adorable!!! hope someone can make a gif or edited video of him... he is just soooo cute!!! 

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

But what is this with the mum holding onto to something... which minute is it? I have a full on day coming up and can't even get to the episode. She is  a photo with Yoon Jae on it. So the 3 mums knew each other? Huh? What did I miss?

They did not.. Yoon Jae (Ryan) was left at the playground because his mom never came back (due to her getting into an accident) ...

I can honestly stare at Kim Jaewook (and Park Minyoung) all day, but  ....... I need a Shi An scene where he goes like "I know you're SNG, noona".... he's obviously very observant but I mean there must be a reason why he randomly asked her if she's his fan. My main worry right now is how things will play out once it's revealed DM's mom "let go" of Ryan's hand. No more noble idiocy/breakups please..anyway I predict the reveal is the cliffhanger for next episode.

Edited by butterflyeffect
edited to be clearer
  • Like 7

My opinion of acting KJW make me remember Shah Rukh Khas as villain in baazigar and darr become so romantic in Diwale Dulhania Le Jayege in first romance film.. How can usually actor can be more excellent acting where they can do both genre.I also want to look face KJW because resemble their face to Japanese actor because Im big fan for Japanese actor. Thats why I remember him as prince in The Last Princess the visual Japanese more than Korea actor. 

So KJW make this drama fresh  as Ryan Gold make its new acting although same plot with others. he can use both hands make him sexier and hot hahahah.. Thats why I hope I can look new drama KJW after this.:wub:

Pmy is become to happy when to do is acting. Their fangirling become so natural in all scenes. I love she can be ready the best girlfriend and excited so much when she loved to Ryan. I also hope she can make next drama to KJW may be thriller genre. 

I also love this drama is family matters is important our life. I hope the situation for finale can be smooth and make ours smile after this drama end. Just enjoys for watching.. Its just only 2 episode.. :wub:

Need to wait tonight watching episode 14

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Oh man, that ep14 ending though. They didn't need to show anything with the bed scene, IMHO, it was already shown how passionate they were in the workshop, it's just weird that the bed scene is more PG than the first kiss scene, lol. I don't think we're gonna get a bed scene more mature than that, if the PD was gonna do it, it would be this scene. The build-up to passionate lovemaking was all here, so unfortunately we're probably not getting any more unless they do it like the beginning of ep10, where they "continued" the makeout session into the next episode.

But I can't complain, because after all this is a romcom and not a sexy drama. Everything leading up to the kiss, him drawing, DM propping her hair (goddamn even PMY's silhouette is gorgeous), taking out her hair bun, the colors and visuals, everything was so sensual. They nailed that scene IMHO.

• Like 16

Lol! I can see a lot of frustrations here on the bed scene. I for one am just thankful we had one because I thought they’ll totally skip it.

But is it really weird to wear some clothes after doing the deed? I mean it happens in real life. I probably haven’t watched  a lot of kdramas because I haven’t seen a lot with female leads showing even a naked shoulder after a bs. It’s already seldom that they add bs esp to a rom-com genre. I thought most of them are still conservative.

• Like 8

@butterflyeffect huh? I thought you guys were kidding.  It was  before  5am when I went online so can't  watch videos.  No one leaves  a child  alone in a playground. In any country,  except  in Kdrama land. We can't  even leave a 7yr old  alone  in their  own house here.

• Like 4

@ck1OzI can suspend my disbelief for a bit on leaving the child. This was the 80s, people were more lax with those kinds of stuff, there's less fear-mongering (even if justified) back then. And if Lee Sol really was a single mom with not a single family, I can believe it, even if it's unlikely. My concern more is how she was unable to find him after waking up from her coma. Since RG remembered his real name, I found it hard to believe she wasn't able to find him. 

@kenreiAgreed with the bed scene. I mean the only bed scenes I've seen are all PMY dramas (lol), Healer might have been the most daring in terms of kissing/cuddling, but we never even saw PMY's bare shoulder there. WWWSK also didn't show anything from PMY, but we saw PSJ topless. And the post-bed scene with PMY wearing his shirt. Anyway, the point is, I've always known that dramas in this genre are very conservative when it comes to bed scenes, which is why I don't get why everyone is kinda annoyed lol, I was expecting it to be like that. Unless I haven't been watching the more daring dramas. I'm thankful it was at least acknowledged that their relationship took that next level, instead of completely glossing over it. 

(I'm guessing people's expectations were raised by how relatively daring the workshop scene was though, that everyone was waiting for an even MORE daring bed scene. I've said daring too many times lol.)

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

Sorry to say, but I'm dissapointed with the last scene. Why the woodshop scene is hotter than the bed scene? I think this is the best that we can get in terms of intimacy since we only have 2 episodes left and there's still a lot of issue that need to be resolved. :tears::tears:

• Like 9

I hope we get a super adorable and lovey-dovey morning after scene at least (probably featuring KJW's best cooked lobster impression again). :D Seems like the two Youtube videos from the last scene aren't racking up the views that an HPL upload usually gets. <_< I also hope the last two episodes will be chock-full of Deokmi-Ryan happy goodness...it's the last we'll ever see of them. :tears:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

@butterflyeffect huh? I thought you guys were kidding.  It was  before  5am when I went online so can't  watch videos.  No one leaves  a child  alone in a playground. In any country,  except  in Kdrama land. We can't  even leave a 7yr old  alone  in their  own house here.

Tbh pretty safe for us to have kids play in playgrounds by themselves in Singapore. Probably ok in Japan as well. Not that parents do it often but these are really safe countries. 

• Like 5

I'm happy with how this episode turned out. Not complaining about the bed scene etc. I think the essence of the episode is about Ryan and his mom-at least they're not siblings as I thought they would be lol. But on a serious note, if we think about it the whole Ryan and Mom thing wasn't too draggy and there were just answers straight away. I don't complain about DM and RG being intimate since their relationship is much deeper than that. I would not get my hopes up on the remaining episodes but as an avid viewer I would support whatever outcome that they're going to show and appreciate all their efforts in making this show worth watching. As I have mentioned before we've all been spoiled with the kisses and sweetness they've shown but the drama is bringing us much more. 

But dang KJW is so damn hot I want one for myself:wub:

• Like 12

so watched last episode. wow, the way they handled mother and son reunion was beautiful! I am glad they did not portray her as evil mother, but a mother in a very sad circumstances ending in an accident. So I am sure she did need time to recover, and probably did not have any way to reach someone to look out for her boy. I am glad there is no bad people in this drama. just circumstances that lead to faithful event. I am also happy we got to hear how his adoptive parents where good people. they have been a big part on what kind of person he is today. 

the way they ended this episode with them happily playing together as kid make me optimistic about next weeks episode. like with lee seol I think DM mother have reasonable answer to what happened that lead him to the orphanage. I need to belive this is handled the same way as all the other conflict this drama have had so far. with warmth and heart!

Also I really love how gentle and sweet Ryan and DM is as a couple. the way the handle every conflict they  just talking about it and act mature, understanding and trusting each other. It is just so refreshing to me. I mean other drama would have made every conflict dramatic but here they are acting like adult hearing each other out. 

• Like 19
  • Love 2

Hello! Delurking to join this lovely thread. I appreciate all of your insights and humor .... nothing like a bed scene debate!^_^

I found Ryan's discovery of his mother well executed, even if it changed the pace and tone of the drama. I was anticipating it because LGBTQ issues were nicely woven into the drama earlier and like @Dramageek, I've done some reading on adoptions in Korea. KJW did a fantastic job acting out the emotions of an adult finding a parent they thought abandoned them. It was natural to me that he didn't take her at her word right away. I also love that Deok Mi was there to help him sort through his thoughts and look at things more positively. 

But something is bothering me and the drama probably won't address it because it looks like Ryan is past his mother trauma:  Did Ryan's mom keep looking for him?  Deok Mi did not find his name in the missing persons index. I understand she tried to find him after recovering from her accident, but what about in all the intervening years?  This thought makes me a little bitter still towards Ryan's mom.

How lovely was KJW's voice when he said, "Sarang haeyo"? He has this way of lowering the volume and pitch of his voice to delicious effect. And yes, yes, I also hope that Episode 15 winds back to before our OTP is lying in bed fully clothed. We were teased a fair bit and I get the feeling KJW knows his way around! :D

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

The so-called bed scene clip is currently trending #1 in Naver with 114k views. The comments are all asking Tvn to show the omitted scene in the next episode. Both I-fans and K-fans, WE ARE ALL THIRSTY AND NOT SATISFIED :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 15

44 minutes ago, jd50 said:

Hello! Delurking to join this lovely thread. I appreciate all of your insights and humor .... nothing like a bed scene debate!^_^

I found Ryan's discovery of his mother well executed, even if it changed the pace and tone of the drama. I was anticipating it because LGBTQ issues were nicely woven into the drama earlier and like @Dramageek, I've done some reading on adoptions in Korea. KJW did a fantastic job acting out the emotions of an adult finding a parent they thought abandoned them. It was natural to me that he didn't take her at her word right away. I also love that Deok Mi was there to help him sort through his thoughts and look at things more positively. 

But something is bothering me and the drama probably won't address it because it looks like Ryan is past his mother trauma:  Did Ryan's mom keep looking for him?  Deok Mi did not find his name in the missing persons index. I understand she tried to find him after recovering from her accident, but what about in all the intervening years?  This thought makes me a little bitter still towards Ryan's mom.

How lovely was KJW's voice when he said, "Sarang haeyo"? He has this way of lowering the volume and pitch of his voice to delicious effect. And yes, yes, I also hope that Episode 15 winds back to before our OTP is lying in bed fully clothed. We were teased a fair bit and I get the feeling KJW knows his way around! :D

How was LGBTQ even relevant in the drama?  please enlighten us because the drama did not even touch on this. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TripleNa said:

The so-called bed scene clip is currently trending #1 in Naver with 114k views. The comments are all asking Tvn to show the omitted scene in the next episode. Both I-fans and K-fans, WE ARE ALL THIRSTY AND NOT SATISFIED :lol:

:joy:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Gin Nietschze said:

How was LGBTQ even relevant in the drama?  please enlighten us because the drama did not even touch on this. 

Sorry for riding your question meant for @jd50, but I was lurking so I thought I should clarify:

1. The author who had the photographer as his lover. The hatred he faced because of his father, and the fact that he could not acknowledge his love until his lover died and even after that - because this society never allowed him to. The relief he found when DM told him that the photographer probably knew about his love even without declarations, the wholesomeness of it all. LGBT relationships are needlessly sexualized but they are normal relationships that are formed on affection and bonding, just physical intimacies don't need to be emphasized all the time. To find a sweet tragic love story in such a circumstance, while weaving it into the whole narrative was really sensitive and mature.

2. The fact that Ryan believed SJ and DM were a lesbian couple trying to find some time intimate together and tried his level best to protect them as a social minority group in a conservative country - that's how he started the fake dating scene. It did not make fun of the situation in a sexual way, but it did highlight how an American and a Korean look at the same thing differently. Yes it was awkward and drove the story forward, but these are the little things that slowly build a more accepting culture in the general public towards the community in my personal experience.

This drama touched it so well considering SK is a conservative Asian country.

• Like 16