[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Shine Shares...

(Note: The last page I posted on was page 71. To back read 70 pages more is not possible with the time I have. ^^'
I'll be sharing my thoughts after watching Episode 13, followed by thoughts after watching Episode 14)

Episode 13 Afterthoughts

• And so my hunch since the first few episodes was right. Ryan and Shi An are brothers. The artist is their mother.
  • Theory 1: Yoon Jae got lost in an amusement park. He was 9 years old then, hence nine artworks by Lee Sol. 
  • Theory 2: In the past, Yoon Jae ended up holding the hand of Deok Mi's mom. They couldn't find his mother so she brought him to the orphanage. Hence, "I am not your mother!" But she felt guilty for doing this so from time to time, she brought Deok Mi and Eun Gi to the orphanage to play with Yoon Jae so he won't feel so alone. This went on until Yoon Jae got adopted. Then everything about it became a memory. 
  • However, Eun Gi found the name Yoon Jae quite familiar, why didn't Deok Mi? 

Episode 14 Afterthoughts

• My Theory 1 is only partially right, on the part of Yoon Jae getting lost. We now know Lee Sol's side of the story. It was both tragic and unfortunate for her and Yoon Jae. :( And on the age part, I was wrong. Yoon Jae was lost when he was seven.
  • My Theory 2 could also be partially correct, but yet to be confirmed since the details are still undetermined. We'll find out next week
  • It amazes me how this drama is able to execute everything so lightly. The comedy, the romance, the rivalry, the quarrels, even the story behind Ryan Gold's painful past. I don't end up feeling heavy after watching; instead I get more engaged in trying to put the pieces together, with just the right amount of fluff as bonus.
  • Deok Mi's interpretation of Lee Sol's work, "bubbles of hope" might just be what the artist had in mind as she painted. When put together, the nine paintings tell the story of Yoon Jae's happiness. This was the portrait of her dream for Yoon Jae.
  • But similar to how each canvas was a puzzle piece, so are the lives of Yoon Jae, Deok Mi, Eun Gi and Young Sook (DM's mom) are connected, and are finally falling into their proper place.
  • One more thing to be revealed, at least to Shi An, is that Sung curator is actually "Shi An is My Life".
  • Oh and I really ship Cheum couple Kyung Ah and Yoo Sub! ^^
  • Congrats to Joo Hyuk! And thanks to him and Geun Woo, Seon Joo and Seung Min are back together. :D
  • I'd rather Da In and Eun Gi be friends (a seemingly rebound relationship would be really sad), but I do wish a happy ending for each of them.
  • Two more episodes left, then WWW comes in.
  • I have a feeling that this drama would be dubbed and broadcast in the Philippines. ;) 

BONUS! New stills

photo1065234.jpg

photo1065235.jpg

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Shine Son said:

Episode 13 Afterthoughts

• And so my hunch since the first few episodes was right. Ryan and Shi An are brothers. The artist is their mother.
  • Theory 1: Yoon Jae got lost in an amusement park. He was 9 years old then, hence nine artworks by Lee Sol.

Ryan was seven when he was separated from his mum. Think it's been pretty obvious that Ryan and Shi-an are brothers.

Also, does Shi-an moonlight as a psychic?

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, Aziraphale said:

Also, does Shi-an moonlight as a psychic?

:P I'm slightly unclear what Shi-an exactly knows. When Shi-an finds his Mom weeping and breaking down in the hallway, he looks like he knows why. But when he talks to Ryan, he seems like he didn't know but had an intuition. The whole show I've thought that Shi-an is either on to everyone's game or the acting was off.  

19 minutes ago, Shine Son said:

One more thing to be revealed, at least to Shi An, is that Sung curator is actually "Shi An is My Life".

I'm actually looking forward to Ryan trolling Deok Mi in front of Shi-an with the whole "Shi-an's thighs are her welfare" and preferably in the Elevator of Fate!:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

@Shine SonHey I'm Filipino myself, and I agree. If ABS-CBN or GMA were smart, I'd snatch up the rights to air this in PH right away, it's bound to be a hit here. Not that I'll watch the corny dubbed version of course lmao. I can be a hipster here and claim I love this show before it was cool :lol:

@sksenNah, they 100% did it. No explanation for DM having RG's clothes on. And the scene was too intimate not to end up in passionate lovemaking. Lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

IBtFOkz.jpg

To our more seasoned PMY fans of this forum, does PMY usually drink before an intense scene? And if she drinks, does she get the 'Asian glow' as well? I was pleasantly surprised to see her actually red in this scene. I think it's so funny that KJW always gets called out, while PMY has been seen red/flushed a few times (BTS for Ep.7-8) and her red ears that's usually covered by her hair. Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that she's been around KJW so many times that his redness suddenly got transferred to her :P? PMY is gorgeous and glowing in this scene!!! I’m so in love uGh. And to think that we may have never seen her bun again...clever how they brought it back for this scene. Her stylists deserve a raise for this scene alone. 

I loved this scene. It might not have been as steamy as some wanted it to be but I thought it was perfect and just right considering the amount of emotional turmoil they went through, both individually and as a couple. They are strong as individuals but stronger together. I predicted that we would finally get their declaration of love for each other in tonight's episode, and this morning while waiting for subtitles I kept getting e-mail notifications from you guys on the other side of the world and I thought to myself "Yep, this is it. Something big must have happened" :sweatingbullets:. Also, TvN/PD team has been notorious for trolling (End of ep. 9/beginning of 10 HEHE) so I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually held it out till next week. Otherwise how are they supposed to have viewers if they killed us all this week? And honestly, they don’t need a bed scene at all. They have shown us enough and can always leave us to our even WILDER imaginations HAHA. It IS a mature romance, but it doesn’t necessarily have to shown through a bed scene. It would be a bonus ofc! If they do I feel like they might show a teeeeennnnyyyy peek of it in the last episode which then leads to a potential time skip to their growing family. I’m not trying to expect much, because seeing the spotted pics from last week and this week, they’re very very tight on the live filming. However, I will sincerely riot if they don’t show us a family scene for our OTP <_<

Anyways, I won't reiterate any more of the wonderful sentiments that others have posted about this scene, but if I may repeat it once more, they nailed this scene with the right amount of tenderness and overflowing emotion that was needed to convey their deep emotions. It's so utterly believable. In my eyes, they're practically married now. This scene really sealed the deal. And it makes me really happy watching their journey together for someone who's been single since birth because they have shown us that a deep love like this CAN exist, even if it's just a drama :wub:-_-.

• Like 14
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

Everyone spazzing about KJW, allow me to rave about PMY xD

Hearing her speak in English just boosted my crush that much more, I mean I've heard her speak, but not more than 1 sentence. Her accent is damn cute.

I mentioned this before, what the hell is with her shadow/silhouette?? it's just as gorgeous as her :wub:.

Also love the scene where she was hitting RG for worrying her, don't blame him one bit for smiling at her, she makes nagging look adorable.

Was also a pleasant surprise to seeing her home clothes when she met EG, the ponytail is messily done yet still cute af, and she's showing off her legs too.

The look she gave SA upon hearing that White Ocean has a new single was precious. Settle down girl, you'll blow your cover lmao. I'm still waiting for a scene where she tells RG "I'm the luckiest fan alive, I'm dating my idol's big brother!" :D

END RANT, please continue with your KJW musings :lol:

I AGREE

She's been a good actress for me. Some ppl said that her acting looks similar from roles to roles... But I don't really agree. She's notably different in Healer, Secretary Kim, and HPL... Though at the early episodes of HPL, she has similar vibes with Kim Miso...but Deokmi gradually feels really different. I must say she did a good act as a fangirl...those squealing looks and moony over SiAn lol.

She did a great job, particularly at the last scene... the emotion...the tension...everything TT_TT

Kim Jaewook was totally awesome (and it's generally agreed that he's been a skilled actor)...but Park Minyoung's ability to maintain the same level of acting with him is praiseworthy.

And why does she keep getting prettier and prettier....esp after she dates Ryan HAHAHA

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Everything is clicking into its place quite seamlessly.  I admire the writer and PD for their great job.  At this point in the drama, most of the issues and puzzles are being resolved without the usual angst that always goes in a kdrama.  The execution is just right for me.  For instance, RG's pain was not resolved in one sitting with LS.  He had to go through an internal struggle and some soul searching before he was able to accept his mom's explanation and in doing so unlocked his memories.  I don't want to dissect every single scene because i'm not really good at this type of analysis.  But let me just share the scenes that really touched my heart.  

One, finding the last painting and RG seeing that it was him who was painted there.  Writer-nim cinched the bubble series wonderfully with this painting.  I can see that this last painting explained the message in the whole series and finally put closure to RG's internal conflict.  

Two, I love how Sindy has adapted so easily into her new independent persona.  It really cracked me up when Secretary/driver Kim told Director Eom that the woman stole her child after they saw Sindy walk off arm in arm with DM's parents. It thrilled me that the high and mighty Eom is getting a figurative slap when her child refused to be intimidated by her tactics.  

Three, CSA is such an exemplary son and brother.  For such a person used to the masses' adulation, he's content to stay in the background and be supportive while his mom and brother resolve their issues.  

Four and five and up, I can't get enough of DM's understanding and sensitivity of RG's emotional struggles.  I love every interaction they have regardless if it's just holding hands or RG looking intently at DM or DM hitting RG.  They're so cute and KJW-PMY do it so naturally.  

After watching ep 14, i feel full and satisfied.  It's like i've eaten a healthy meal and it really warms my heart.  Once again, kudos to all the GIFs of the new episodes.  :wub:

• Like 17
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I'm supposed to be prepping for class, but here I am instead. :P

Finally managed to watch both episodes 13 and 14 back to back. Can't believe we only have one more week to the end of this drama.

Just some thoughts on the story progression thus far -

Thank you to the chingu who posted the New York Times link on Korean adoptees returning to SK. I forget which page your post was on, but it's a wonderfully insightful article. Adoption as it is, is difficult. To be adopted cross-culturally and cross-nationally must be even more difficult. Granted, as in the article, not everyone goes through the same thoughts or traumas, but the impact of being taken away from your own people cannot be discounted even in lives that turned out successful (ala Ryan Gold). I just wish they had explored this aspect more honestly in the show though. By "honest", I do mean that the reason Lee Sol gave for being separated from him just seems too lame to be credible (to me anyway, not sure if anyone else feels the same about it). How can it be that you lose a child because you got into an accident and he gets so easily adopted abroad? Do local agencies there not attempt to track or trace the parent? I mean, he was 7 by that time. Old enough to give another adult his parent's name, I'm sure. Do they not check hospitals? Next of kin? Police accident reports? Wasn't it like that in Healer as well? PMY's character got sent to an orphanage cos the mother got into an accident and she was simply "lost". If they had wanted to explore the issue of overseas adoption during that era, it would have been better to say that she had been forced by her family to give him up cos she was a single mother. No wonder Ryan himself had difficulty believing her too...

And speaking of husbands... Lee Seol's maiden name was Gong, according to the college yearbook. But RG was registered as Heo, so clearly, he got into his father's registry. And SiAn, if that is his real name, is Cha. So he's got a dad too. So what happened to her first husband? Died? 

What I hope not to happen (as with all these dramas and the tropes they love) is that the discovery that it was DM's mum who left him at the orphanage and whose hand he remembers letting go of him, will not drive a wedge between our OTP. I would like to think that having RG raised American with a largely American/Western world view would make him look beyond DM's parents' decisions back then and not go through some stupid breakup in the penultimate episode. Worse yet - let DM not be the one to walk away, cos she's been doing a mighty fine job being the supportive girlfriend up to this point. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

Everyone spazzing about KJW, allow me to rave about PMY xD

Hearing her speak in English just boosted my crush that much more, I mean I've heard her speak, but not more than 1 sentence. Her accent is damn cute.

I mentioned this before, what the hell is with her shadow/silhouette?? it's just as gorgeous as her :wub:.

Also love the scene where she was hitting RG for worrying her, don't blame him one bit for smiling at her, she makes nagging look adorable.

Was also a pleasant surprise to seeing her home clothes when she met EG, the ponytail is messily done yet still cute af, and she's showing off her legs too.

The look she gave SA upon hearing that White Ocean has a new single was precious. Settle down girl, you'll blow your cover lmao. I'm still waiting for a scene where she tells RG "I'm the luckiest fan alive, I'm dating my idol's big brother!" :D

END RANT, please continue with your KJW musings :lol:

Edit: So I rewatched the final scene, and I double down on saying that the scene was perfect as it is. Anything more explicit would have distracted from the intimacy of the moment. The first kiss was "hotter" in comparison because it represented 9 episodes-worth of sexual tension, bursting at the seams and exploding after a mutual confirmation of feelings. In contrast, the bed scene represented the next step in their relationship, the peak of their intimacy, as  RG let his guard down to draw despite himself, letting himself melt into DM's arms, and DM herself brought to tears seeing RG give himself to her and declaring his love for her.

The skinship was also par for course compared to other dramas of the genre as well as the other bed scenes in PMY shows. I will say this though: the scene is incomplete at the moment; we need a good post-bed scene (which both Healer and WWWSK had). This is probably why at this time, I don't feel like the moment is "whole" yet, since I binged watched the other 2 dramas and so didn't suffer from waiting another week for the next episodes lmao. PD has failed my expectations yet, so I feel like we would be getting a good scene there at the beginning of ep15. 

I agree with you.

Mostly people just comment on how good KJW is but they forgot to mention how great is PMY.

I mean, KJW able to potray such character seamlessly must be complement by PMY herself.

How she able to potray the character of Deokmi might triggered KJW to potray the character of Ryan Gold as real as possible.

Yeah I thought so @luvcrabbieshinhwa at first I postponed to watch this drama because some netizens commented that it looks similar but then I remember my love KJW. I felt in love with him since Coffee Prince days and too bad I didn't follow this drama since beginning. Thankfully that I join this when the drama barely 6 episodes.

And now I am already having withdrawal syndrome :(

Anw, I just want to comment how beautiful Deokmi on 14 episode I mean her hair in Ep. 12 & 13 are not fabs as usual but still pretty tho.

And also I love these outfits of hers.

gsymxsq8rsnq.gif&key=c76b7266a60aa0d6d78

photo1065235.jpg&key=3d7f1393661e1720baf

The white one tho, she just posted her IG with that outfit barely 3 days ago...They literally on live shooting now..must be tiring and sad that this will come to an end already.

Even though the drama ratings didn't do justice, hopefully tvN will still give them reward trip.

I wanna see their real interactions out of characters.

I come up to melohwa's blog but the spoiler article of Episode 14 still nowhere. Hopefully she will update cause I am dying to see K-Netz reaction.

Lastly, my hearts was pounding during the painting scene. How can such scene looks so mature and intense.

I love it when both of them wearing the V Neck shirts. It just looks fatale and fabuluous on them.

It shows maturity and I do like their collarbone hahaha it looks sexy.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Aziraphale said:

Kim Jae-wook really shone in this week's episodes because of the emotional toll involved in finding out the reason for his being abandoned. I thought he was excellent when he realised who Shi-an's mum was, and in his handful of meetings with her (especially his pain in the opening of ep 14, and also when he struggled to digest what she was telling him and had to walk away). It felt right that Ryan found it hard to believe about the accident and all, and @jd50 raised a good point of whether Ryan's mum really searched for him. Did the adoption happen that fast? Was she out of action and lost her memory for years or something? Why didn't she report her child as missing to the police? Isn't that what she should have done if she was so worried about Yoon-jae? Frankly, and this is an unpopular opinion, there is a lot about the mother story that I don't care about. I'm happy for Ryan he resolved a knot in his heart, but that is really about it. I care only because Ryan was in so much pain over his mum and the damn bubbles.

May be Lee Sol situation kinda similar with this story? https://adoption.com/meeting-my-south-korean-birth-mother. She could be bedridden for months, and I am sure that she went to the police, when she find out about possibility that her son was adopted out, there slim chance to have even an information about his whereabout, add to the fact that she was not the one who release her son herself. Many parents who want to reconnect with their adopted kid only able to do so when the kid itself make effort to reunite.

• Like 9